PDA

View Full Version : Anti Dog-Barking device

ouwasp
2/5/2013, 11:09 PM
We have this real loud dog next door...he and his little buddy get to barking up a storm over most anything, both real and imagined. This has been going on for about 6-7 months now, since the new big dog moved in.

So the other day I was in one of those "As Seen on TV" stores in a mall. I see this little device that's supposed to stop barking...on a whim, I spend about $15 to see if it works...

guys, it was like magic... when we pulled into our driveway that evening, the dogs are going full-bore. We carry our packages in, I dig out the Anti Barking Device (ABD), and snap a battery in. I walk out the back yard door to place the ABD where it would seem to be the best place... and the dogs are GONE (to the other side of their yard)... and QUIET...:congratulatory:

Hallelujah! It's been 3 full days and nights. We've just heard a couple of inquisitive barks... and a lot of silence.

Sometimes, everything works like it is supposed to. :strawberry:

olevetonahill
2/5/2013, 11:12 PM
Pics or it aint true.

ouwasp
2/5/2013, 11:31 PM
well, I'm about the least techno-savvy guy there is, but I'll see if my wife will take a pic in the next few days and figure out how to put it on here. I think she's happier the stupid dogs are finally quiet than I am!

The ABD is a small plastic thing the size of a tv remote. If a dog barks within 20 ft of the ABD, it emits a high-pitched tone that humans can't hear, but apparently dogs don't like. I was out at the fence yesterday petting the used-to-be-loud dogs. They seemed happy, but quiet. Good dogs...

Turd_Ferguson
2/6/2013, 12:06 AM
My neighbor behind me has a blue tick that was bad enough I had to go introduce myself and let him know about it. The next night I heard nothing. I seen him the day after out grilling on his patio and stepped up on the fence to thank him. He had one of these hanging on a fence post.

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Outdoor-Ultrasonic-Bark-Deterrent/dp/B000UZNLGA

That's been 6 or 8 months ago and I've yet to hear any of the neighbors dogs bark.

ouwasp
2/6/2013, 12:26 AM
http://www.asseenontv.com/detail.php?p=296693&SESSID=6c7c144525e3cb86b194f11f5d6e3af8

here's the one I bought.....called Bark Off......really cheap, so if it doesn't work in your particular case, you haven't lost much. Mine is working like a charm so far....

8timechamps
2/6/2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the info wasp, my dog is a ****ing moron, and barks if a leaf blows by. I will definitely be giving this a shot!

olevetonahill
2/6/2013, 06:25 AM
Guess if they werk , they worth any amount.
Sounds like a good burglar tool tho.

badger
2/6/2013, 09:05 AM
Those things aren't 100 percent reliable. I am not sure if they just go bad after awhile or what, but we've had mixed success with them back when our crazy dogs barked up a storm.

So, we gave up on getting them to stop barking. Now everyone's (even baby badger) used to them doing their no-reason-whatsoever dog barks every so often.

cleller
2/6/2013, 09:18 AM
Ya know, there are also bark collars you can buy (for your own dog) that are very effective, but a little more expensive. They operate on a small camera battery.
You cinch it up around your dog's neck. If he barks, it emits a little tone, if he persists, it gives him a little shock. About like touching your tongue to a 9 volt. In a very short while, the dog will just never bark if the collar is on.

C&CDean
2/6/2013, 09:32 AM
Dog anti-barking device? I've got about a hunnert or so of them.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/6/2013, 09:57 AM
Those things aren't 100 percent reliable. I am not sure if they just go bad after awhile or what, but we've had mixed success with them back when our crazy dogs barked up a storm.

So, we gave up on getting them to stop barking. Now everyone's (even baby badger) used to them doing their no-reason-whatsoever dog barks every so often.

So YOU'RE that guy.

pphilfran
2/6/2013, 11:33 AM
So YOU'RE that guy.
NO...she is not that guy...

badger
2/6/2013, 12:32 PM
Nice try, guy. My dogs barely bark anymore since they spend a lot of time indoors. When we're outside with them they don't typically bark. It's only when we let em out on their own that they cause any commotion, and that's after 7 a.m. but before 8 p.m. typically and only for about 5-10 mins, depending on baby baj.

pphilfran
2/6/2013, 12:36 PM
My dogs only bark when I tell em to "Go git em!"

Then all hell breaks lose...they go bangin' out the doggy door...looking to chew somethings leg off...

Now, if there was actually some being or critter out there they would haul azz back inside and raise hell looking out the door...

yermom
2/6/2013, 12:39 PM
Dog anti-barking device? I've got about a hunnert or so of them.

http://www.alamut.com/images/2000_misc/buyOrShoot.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
2/6/2013, 05:16 PM
NO...she is not that guy...

Yeah, she is.

I got one that lives behind me. Sweet folks, but you'd think their westie was being stabbed every time they let that damn thing out to pee. And like Baj, they're good about not having the dog out in the wee hours of the morning. And the sad thing is that the dog is a sweetheart, too. Go to the fence and pet it and you can tell, it's full of love. But take one step away from it, and blam. There she goes, raising nine kinds of hell for no reason.

Point being, take the righteous high road all you want, there's a dog outside raising hell for all the neighbors to enjoy when a little prevention would go a long way.

Turd_Ferguson
2/6/2013, 05:39 PM
http://www.hatchergun.com/Ammunition/Rimfire/CCI22MagShot.jpeg

StoopTroup
2/6/2013, 06:21 PM
http://www.alamut.com/images/2000_misc/buyOrShoot.jpg

Same thing he'd use as a mod tool if possible. :D

C&CDean
2/6/2013, 07:57 PM
No, not really Greg. Close though.