PDA

View Full Version : Leach lawsuit gets dismissed!!

hvhurricane
2/5/2013, 05:39 PM
As I tried to tell everyone when this went down, Leach didn't have a case to stand on. Everyone thought he would be able to bleed the university dry. Obviously, that is not the case.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20130205_231_0_LUBBOC331226

badger
2/5/2013, 05:58 PM
Meh, it's recruiting season. As such, some interesting headlines on Leach lately:
Mike Leach ‘isn’t welcome’ at DeSoto High School anymore after pulling offer to recruit (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/mike-leach-isn-t-welcome-desoto-high-school-150225903--ncaaf.html)
The literal magic of Mike Leach on the recruiting trail (http://washingtonstate.scout.com/a.z?s=137&p=9&c=2&cid=1263783&nid=5983168&fhn=1)

Feel bad for the DeSoto kid, but looking forward to some quotables from tomorrow

picasso
2/5/2013, 06:36 PM
Probably more of a moral stand than anything. I'm betting Leach's law degree probably gave him some insight into his actual chances.
I'd vote for him. What's he running for again?

rainiersooner
2/5/2013, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't celebrate that...the very fact that a legislature passed a statue that grants its state's institutions immunity from legal action should trouble anyone interested in keeping government abuse in check.

rainiersooner
2/5/2013, 06:49 PM
I'm betting Leach's law degree probably gave him some insight into his actual chances.

That would make him a lot smarter about the law than anyone else I went to law school with who never actually practiced law!

EatLeadCommie
2/5/2013, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't celebrate that...the very fact that a legislature passed a statue that grants its state's institutions immunity from legal action should trouble anyone interested in keeping government abuse in check.

Yep. I'm betting Leach knew his chances of getting anywhere were about 50/50. But all the disclosure showed just how screwed over he was and was a black eye for Taco Tech, the AD, and Craig James, which is exactly what he wanted.

rainiersooner
2/5/2013, 07:14 PM
Yep. I'm betting Leach knew his chances of getting anywhere were about 50/50. But all the disclosure showed just how screwed over he was and was a black eye for Taco Tech, the AD, and Craig James, which is exactly what he wanted.

Especially Craig James.

Who last time I checked is no longer an ESPN commentator, not US congressman.

Ha! Pirates win!!!!

picasso
2/5/2013, 08:26 PM
That would make him a lot smarter about the law than anyone else I went to law school with who never actually practiced law!
hah! Good point.

sooneron
2/5/2013, 09:18 PM
I heard a rumor that Craig James killed five hookers when he was at SMU. Just a rumor, tho...

olevetonahill
2/5/2013, 09:30 PM
As I tried to tell everyone when this went down, Leach didn't have a case to stand on. Everyone thought he would be able to bleed the university dry. Obviously, that is not the case.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20130205_231_0_LUBBOC331226

Well aint you just special.

Tear Down This Wall
2/6/2013, 11:18 AM
Who cares what Leach does. He was only here for one season, and we were 7-5. He hasn't won a title anywhere, and he never will.

His routine is old and his coaching scheme isn't novel anymore. It will be amazing if he lasts three seasons at Wazzu.

He'll end up coaching a DIII program like his mentor Hal Mumme before it's all said and done.

badger
2/6/2013, 11:23 AM
I admit to still caring. I would probably get tired of him if he was losing and being gimmicky here, or if he beat us annually at a conference rival, but now that he's safety tucked away on the Idaho-Washington border, it's fun to watch and read from a distance.

hvhurricane
2/6/2013, 11:02 PM
Especially Craig James.

Who last time I checked is no longer an ESPN commentator, not US congressman.

Ha! Pirates win!!!!

It is not like the Pirate had anything to do with James leaving ESPN. That was just a stupid decision on his part.

picasso
2/7/2013, 08:24 AM
Who cares what Leach does. He was only here for one season, and we were 7-5. He hasn't won a title anywhere, and he never will.

His routine is old and his coaching scheme isn't novel anymore. It will be amazing if he lasts three seasons at Wazzu.

He'll end up coaching a DIII program like his mentor Hal Mumme before it's all said and done.
He's the guy that brought Josh Heupel here and the offense that won us a NC. The offense that everyone and their dog is running these days in some shape or form.

That's all.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2013, 04:08 PM

You've got that backwards. Sovereign immunity applies unless the state affirmatively disavows it.

Boomer Mooner
2/13/2013, 07:52 PM
I'm a Leach fan and think he was totally jobbed by Tech. He owns the best records they ever had and they fire him just before he's supposed to get his bonus. Fire him for putting James in a closet, and later James admits it was a joke and the coaches specifically told him to stay out the closet. Whether you like him or not, he got hosed by Tech.