PDA

View Full Version : OU at Iowa State

Boomer.....
2/4/2013, 03:55 PM
We have a tough, but winnable game tonight in Ames. It's at 6:00pm on ESPNU.

I think we need Pledger to play well and either Osby and/or MBaye to dominate to pull off the win. Hopefully Iowa State is not hot from beyond the arc or we might be in trouble.

badger
2/4/2013, 04:17 PM
Baby baj needs antibiotics, so I'm gonna miss the first part. Watch double for me! :)

Blue
2/4/2013, 07:13 PM
Well they can't miss. 20-13 Isu.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 07:16 PM
I have got to get frickin sat...course I'd prob be throwin **** at the tv..lol. I do this every game. ACTUALLY believe we have a better chance than we do. This was a loss at the beginning of the season.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 07:19 PM
no gametracker isn't working...geeze. Guess that is a good thing

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 07:20 PM
if someone would update...thanks

Blue
2/4/2013, 07:22 PM
25-19 isu 9:29 to go.

Blue
2/4/2013, 07:23 PM
28-20 isu. theyve hit like 6 threes in a row.

Blue
2/4/2013, 07:24 PM
31-20 isu. 7-10 from 3. Great.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 07:25 PM
nevermind...sounds like we are getting hammered...oh well.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 07:29 PM
thanks blue...lol isn't as big a spread as I thought. Have we hit any 3's? are we even trying to go inside. I was really disappointed we didn't even try much against ksu. 11 min drought and we lost by 2...really sad.

Blue
2/4/2013, 07:31 PM
Weve hit1 3. we were having look inside at the beginning, lately not so much. Story is they aren't missing much and our D is suspect. 35-25 isu.

Blue
2/4/2013, 07:33 PM
39-25 isu. We look horrible. They look good. About to change the channel.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 07:42 PM
thanks...yeah even though my MIND said this was a loss my heart always is optimistic. Hopefully next yr we can build on the fr class.

SoonerorLater
2/4/2013, 07:55 PM
Kruger has done a pretty good job so far but this group just has a low ceiling. I was kind of surprised at some of the NCAA tourney talk about this team.

Blue
2/4/2013, 08:10 PM
Kruger has done a pretty good job so far but this group just has a low ceiling. I was kind of surprised at some of the NCAA tourney talk about this team.

I'd say chances are better for the team making the tourney than chances they won't. I still say 10-11 wins in conference.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 08:45 PM
Blue...
I was thinking that, but after our game against ksu (the WAY we played) and now this debacle..our offense has gone bye-bye...

H - ku, bu, isu, tcu, wv...def 1, prob 2....wv, tcu but the others will be tough

A - ut, tt, tcu, osu.....again def 1, should have 2...tcu/tt ...osu will be really tough and even ut might be a loss.

we are 5-4 that's maybe 4 more wins, 5 losses. I still see 9/9 at best 10/8. I think NIT.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 08:47 PM
just saw casey a shot a 3 pter.(and missed)..wow, that's how bad we are...I know it's under 1 min. but ugh~

SoonerInFortSmith
2/4/2013, 08:48 PM
Anybody still watching? Score please.

kevpks
2/4/2013, 08:54 PM
Blue...
I was thinking that, but after our game against ksu (the WAY we played) and now this debacle..our offense has gone bye-bye...

H - ku, bu, isu, tcu, wv...def 1, prob 2....wv, tcu but the others will be tough

A - ut, tt, tcu, osu.....again def 1, should have 2...tcu/tt ...osu will be really tough and even ut might be a loss.

we are 5-4 that's maybe 4 more wins, 5 losses. I still see 9/9 at best 10/8. I think NIT.

The NIT would be such a disappointment based on what this team had in front of them. I am sick of the bottom falling out on the Sooners during conference play. It's a disturbing trend.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 08:55 PM
lost 83/64...82/63...19 points...shot horrible...2 pt fg and 3 pt fg...even FT...

Blue
2/4/2013, 08:55 PM
82-63 I think. F.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 09:01 PM
The NIT would be such a disappointment based on what this team had in front of them. I am sick of the bottom falling out on the Sooners during conference play. It's a disturbing trend.

I agree...but honestly I didn't think we'd be in the NCAA this yr. I actually thought NIT would be a positive. We just don't have the horses. I'm sorry, I love Osby and Amay.(sp) but there is a reason they didn't start at the other schools, both of which are not jaugernauts in the bball world. I do think our Fr are studs and are the base of Kruger's class. I like the 3 guys he has coming in next yr...but obviously we are still behind the 8 ball.

There is a reason craple ISN'T a HC anywhere...he was horrible. Kruger is starting from scratch...

badger
2/4/2013, 09:12 PM
I just read on twitter that isu's pep band chanted "the ball is a baby puppy" during hornbeak's fts...so of course he misses both. Gaaah. Pep band...

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2013, 09:16 PM
what..? that's weird...

Boomer.....
2/5/2013, 08:37 AM
Well that was ugly. Our starters didn't play well and they were on fire from deep (at least in the first half).

badger
2/5/2013, 11:19 AM
what..? that's weird...

I saw it on Guerin Emig's twitter (https://twitter.com/GuerinEmig), he was apparently at the game. Also of note:

This will also run the #Sooners Feb record to 3-23 since 2010.

This will be the worst #Sooners loss in Ames since Jan 11, 1997. Final score that night: 82-55. That ISU team was ranked fourth.

ISU band during Sam Grooms FTs: "You're shooting for a date to the prom!" He missed them both... I got nothin' else, really.

I hope our pep band is taking notes. Both mens and womens. Behind the enemy basket is the perfect spot to be a bball troll.

Well, this makes me feel better about the women's thrashing at WVU. No it doesn't.

Soonerjeepman
2/5/2013, 01:33 PM
just a pretty crappy 3 days of ball...but like I said, I didn't really expect more than a 9/9 conf record. For the women, with all the injuries, it was just a matter of time. I doubt they will be ranked by the end of the year, but who knows. I'm not sure I understand how Coale is down to 8 girls...guess we didn't have 14/15 to begin with?

tycat947
2/5/2013, 02:41 PM
just a pretty crappy 3 days of ball...but like I said, I didn't really expect more than a 9/9 conf record. For the women, with all the injuries, it was just a matter of time. I doubt they will be ranked by the end of the year, but who knows. I'm not sure I understand how Coale is down to 8 girls...guess we didn't have 14/15 to begin with?

Began the year with 12 players. I'm not sure many coaches would anticipate losing 4 players to injury in a season. There are many, many teams in the same situation this year. K-State has 6 scholarship players and 1 walk-on available. KU has 10 on their roster and they've lost at least 1 to a season ending injury. texas has lost 2 or 3 to injury this year. osu has 10 total on their roster and I think they've lost 1 to injury. It has been an exceptional year in injuries for women's basketball this year all over the country.

badger
2/5/2013, 02:46 PM
It has been an exceptional year in injuries for women's basketball this year all over the country.
Not using enough deer antler spray i guess

Soonerjeepman
2/5/2013, 07:58 PM
Began the year with 12 players. I'm not sure many coaches would anticipate losing 4 players to injury in a season. There are many, many teams in the same situation this year. K-State has 6 scholarship players and 1 walk-on available. KU has 10 on their roster and they've lost at least 1 to a season ending injury. texas has lost 2 or 3 to injury this year. osu has 10 total on their roster and I think they've lost 1 to injury. It has been an exceptional year in injuries for women's basketball this year all over the country.

wow...that's crazy. Do we not keep 14/15 like guys?

badger
2/5/2013, 09:51 PM

I dont wanna derail a mens bball thread, but to answer your question, yes. However, we had three offseason transfers in jacqueline jeffcoat, katherine zander and dashawn harden.

Theres no other reason to not have a full roster, as all 15 (ncaa max) are now endowed

tycat947
2/5/2013, 10:10 PM

It's the exception, rather than the rule, for women's basketball teams in D1 to have 14/15 players on their rosters even though it's allowed. I have no idea for the reason but that's pretty much the way it is. I think one or two Big 12 schools had 14/15 teams on their opening day rosters, BEFORE injuries! UConn, the annual powerhouse and ranked #3, had 11 on their opening day roster and they've lost at least one to season ending injury this year and they had a season, just a year or so ago, that only had 7 or 8 players available to play. I would guess that since women players don't redshirt, unless for injuries/transfers, it may become a problem with team unity in trying to get playing time for that many players. I have no idea but we're really with the norm on roster size before injuries.