PDA

View Full Version : Barry Sanders

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2013, 10:29 AM
did anybody else see how he was dressed at the ESPN award show last night

seriously - looks like a 12 year old picked out his suit at K-mart.....and his tailor is blind and a double amputee

just awful

Flagstaffsooner
2/3/2013, 12:57 PM
Uhh, he's from osu. At least he wasn't wearing denim coveralls and a coyboy hat.

SoonerObsession
2/3/2013, 01:40 PM
Speaking of Barry Sanders, did you see that special on the NFL network about him? I never realized his dad loved OU and when it came time for OU and OSU to play he told Barry that he hoped he had a good game, but he would be rooting for the Sooners. Wow! I'm a huge Sooner fan, but I think if my son went to another university I would have to root for them no matter who they played. He also hid Barry's heisman trophy behind a Sooner helmet on his shelf. That's rough! Barry Sanders is my favorite running back because of his amazing ability and most of all his humble attitude.

hvhurricane
2/3/2013, 02:30 PM
Speaking of Barry Sanders, did you see that special on the NFL network about him? I never realized his dad loved OU and when it came time for OU and OSU to play he told Barry that he hoped he had a good game, but he would be rooting for the Sooners. Wow! I'm a huge Sooner fan, but I think if my son went to another university I would have to root for them no matter who they played. He also hid Barry's heisman trophy behind a Sooner helmet on his shelf. That's rough! Barry Sanders is my favorite running back because of his amazing ability and most of all his humble attitude.

When I played against OU when I was in college, my Dad cheered for OU. When I talked to my parents after the game, he was visibly pissed. Pretty funny!!

picasso
2/3/2013, 02:35 PM
Same thing with Kenny Monday's dad.

MyT Oklahoma
2/3/2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah Barry Sanders was one of The King's biggest mistakes. The young man wanted to be a Sooner and OU wouldn't offer him.

Sanders never beat OU but not offering him was a huge mistake. << Hindsight of course.

Seamus
2/3/2013, 03:34 PM
When I played against OU when I was in college, my Dad cheered for OU. When I talked to my parents after the game, he was visibly pissed. Pretty funny!!

Tulsa? Miami?

goingoneight
2/3/2013, 04:05 PM
A story we all know too well. Barry had more natural-born talent to play RB in his index finger than anybody else I have ever seen. And the perfect, quiet and humble attitude I appreciate in a player. Barry off the field was just like Landry and Sam. The anti-Johnny Football/Tim Tebow "look at me"-type.

StoopTroup
2/3/2013, 06:48 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Barry+Sanders+17th+Annual+ESPY+Awards+Red+Tb9MnKGE sCvl.jpg

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2013, 07:52 PM
that wasnt from last night

StoopTroup
2/3/2013, 08:08 PM
It's still pretty bad....lol

swardboy
2/3/2013, 08:27 PM
I was pretty shocked too at the get-up last night. Most of all, by this time please have SOMETHING to say. I get the humility and appreciate it too, especially the way he handed the ball to the official after every TD, but man, his inability to articulate ANYTHING after all these years just demeans the man in my opinion.

C&CDean
2/4/2013, 09:52 AM
I was pretty shocked too at the get-up last night. Most of all, by this time please have SOMETHING to say. I get the humility and appreciate it too, especially the way he handed the ball to the official after every TD, but man, his inability to articulate ANYTHING after all these years just demeans the man in my opinion.

Racist? heh.

swardboy
2/4/2013, 02:12 PM
Naw, just not too impressed with some "Barrys" I guess.

But I wouldn't have minded another four years of Sanders.