PDA

View Full Version : Why Muslims Are So Angry: the real reason

FaninAma
2/2/2013, 04:33 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

Btw,just had the Baltika #6 at Nellies and it was GREAT.

olevetonahill
2/2/2013, 04:39 PM
Hell I'd be P.Od too if I coulndt never look at a Purty woman, Drank a cold beer, Watch pron or buy a Hooker .
I prolly be Killin sompun too.

SoonerStormchaser
2/3/2013, 10:20 AM
Just being deployed to that part of the world makes me understand why they're pissed...that area of the world is a ****hole...seriously...nuke it and no one will miss anything!

Jacie
2/3/2013, 10:53 PM
It is like the Mideast is stuck in the 15th century and cannot tolerate the rest of us living in the 21st.

FaninAma
2/3/2013, 11:08 PM
It is like the Mideast is stuck in the 15th century and cannot tolerate the rest of us living in the 21st.

One of the nurses I work with was stationed in Afghanistan for a year. She said the people who live there either dislike us intentensley or they have no concept of western civilization or what we are trying to do. She states the Taliban will have control of the region within 18 months of our military withdrawal.

KantoSooner
2/4/2013, 11:27 AM
How would you feel if your entire culture peaked in about the year 1,000 and had been in freefall ever since? To awaken every single day and know that, in your own small way you were personally responsible for the continuing degradation of something that had once represented an erudite crossroads of the world and a global intellectual nexus and now was the entire human race's watchword for pointless failure with no hope of redemption, ever? To understand that the best thing you could possibly do in your life would be to kill yourself and as many of your worthless countrymen as you could iin the process?

No wonder they walk around with pouty faces all the time. Life for them is hell on earth. And that's the upside.

FaninAma
2/4/2013, 04:17 PM
Obviously somewhere their culture was corrupted or failed to mature. I am wondering if it happened when the sunnis and shias had their big schism. I also think the lack of a figure of ths stature of Christ(and to a lesser extent, a Martin Luther) leading to a reformation of the religion was a factor. The Muslim Imams and ayotollas(sp) are very reminenscence of the Pharises in Judaism. The Muslim religion seems to have never gotten past the stage where a priest or intermediary was needed to have an fficial relationship with God.

OU68
2/4/2013, 04:38 PM
That chart tells me we got some catchin up to do!!

olevetonahill
2/4/2013, 04:48 PM
Nuther reason to want to kill yerself if ya was a MooSlum. Ya cant have a bacon sammich

Flagstaffsooner
2/4/2013, 05:17 PM
That chart tells me we got some catchin up to do!!

Im working on it!

olevetonahill
2/4/2013, 05:26 PM
Im working on it!

Heh. I been slacken off the last few years . Yall Pick it up for me .

KantoSooner
2/4/2013, 05:53 PM
Obviously somewhere their culture was corrupted or failed to mature. I am wondering if it happened when the sunnis and shias had their big schism. I also think the lack of a figure of ths stature of Christ(and to a lesser extent, a Martin Luther) leading to a reformation of the religion was a factor. The Muslim Imams and ayotollas(sp) are very reminenscence of the Pharises in Judaism. The Muslim religion seems to have never gotten past the stage where a priest or intermediary was needed to have an fficial relationship with God.

Take into account that they are 640 years behind Christianity. In 1350 or so, no Christian could have a personal relationship with the Diety without the intercession of a priest. Nor could the vast majority ever hope to read a Bible or even understand the service in his church.

Although Islam certainly retards the intellectual development of its adherents, I think it goes beyond that to a more generalized cultural backwardness among the people's of the islamic heartland. There's nothing innately misogynistic in islam, and yet most countries in the middle east treat women like crap. That's cultural, not religious.

C&CDean
2/5/2013, 06:47 PM
How would you feel if your entire culture peaked in about the year 1,000 and had been in freefall ever since? To awaken every single day and know that, in your own small way you were personally responsible for the continuing degradation of something that had once represented an erudite crossroads of the world and a global intellectual nexus and now was the entire human race's watchword for pointless failure with no hope of redemption, ever? To understand that the best thing you could possibly do in your life would be to kill yourself and as many of your worthless countrymen as you could iin the process?

No wonder they walk around with pouty faces all the time. Life for them is hell on earth. And that's the upside.

Dude, that's deep. Waaaaaaay too deep for those blood-thirsty **********s. I don't think they think one millimeter further than some imam (however the hell you spell it) down at the local mosque tells them to think. Borderline subhuman in my book. I say don't even waste good alcohol on them.

FaninAma
2/8/2013, 03:07 PM
Take into account that they are 640 years behind Christianity. In 1350 or so, no Christian could have a personal relationship with the Diety without the intercession of a priest. Nor could the vast majority ever hope to read a Bible or even understand the service in his church.

Although Islam certainly retards the intellectual development of its adherents, I think it goes beyond that to a more generalized cultural backwardness among the people's of the islamic heartland. There's nothing innately misogynistic in islam, and yet most countries in the middle east treat women like crap. That's cultural, not religious.

I see your point about Muslim's attitude toward women but it is consistent witht their tendency to view almost all non-Muslim religions and cultures as inferior. It seems that their unwillingness to be tolerant of other ideas and cultures is indicative of ignorance and fear of having to adapt to change. I know this is a characterisitic of all cutures and societies but I don't really understand why the Muslims are willing to kill themsleves and others to prevent having to open their minds to competing social opinions.

I know this country is divided but somehow we debate, argue and discuss our differences without murdering those we disagree with. Is it that our culture is based on Christianity where Christ taught his followers to turn the other cheek and love thy enemy whereas Mohammed taught his followers to forcibly convert others into their religion even to the point of killing them if they did not convert?

KantoSooner
2/8/2013, 04:30 PM
It certainly owes something to the Christian tradition. And to the Haudenosaunee Indian Confederation's 1,000 year tradition of peaceful debate.
And something to the horror of religious conflict and repression that was still a very fresh memory among European settlers of this country. And to the Romans and Greeks of classical times.

The current wave of Islamic 'puritanism' to me is more a cultural backlash generated in large measure due to the collapse of European and Ottoman Imperialism mixed with a sudden and tremendous oil derived financial resource being put behind the worst religious extremists for reasons of political expedience by short sighted and very traditional ruling families.

The majority of the populations there were peasants a generation ago. Most are in their first generation of literacy. They don't have the intellectual or cultural wherewithal to process the changes happening in their societies.

FaninAma
2/8/2013, 04:37 PM
It is obvious that the Eisenhower administration along withe England had no idea what a can or worms they were opening when they overthrew Mosadec(Sp) and installing the Shah in Iran. And I still can't understand why the leadership in this country isn't working vertime to make us energy independent so that we are less obligated to be involved in that region. I am not a very observant Christian but it almost seems as if our high level of involvement in the region was pre-ordained in a Biblical way. Just one of those things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

Jacie
2/8/2013, 11:10 PM
I know this country is divided but somehow we debate, argue and discuss our differences without murdering those we disagree with. Is it that our culture is based on Christianity where Christ taught his followers to turn the other cheek and love thy enemy whereas Mohammed taught his followers to forcibly convert others into their religion even to the point of killing them if they did not convert?

That would be true only if Christianity were a relatively recent event. It seems God-fearing Christians had no problem owning slaves and participating in the genocide of Native American peoples. American's allowing people the right to worship or not as they choose and women's rights are in fact relatively recent events, happening only in the last century (though the groundwork was laid with the Bill of Rights). Christianity gots nothing to do with it.

8timechamps
2/8/2013, 11:24 PM
The sad truth is that the majority of the folks in the middle east can't lead for themselves. They depend on someone in a place of power telling them how it is, it's all they know, and all their families have known for generations. Whether it's some village elder telling them how to live, or a local Taliban "official", they would prefer it that way.

That's at the core of why they will never change. The US (or any country) can come in and "clean things up", but once gone, it'll go right back to the way it is. That's all they know.

stoopified
2/9/2013, 09:51 AM
St. Lucia? WTH is that?

cleller
2/9/2013, 10:00 AM
Don't their women have a lot of hair on them, too?