PDA

View Full Version : Rut-roh. Silly, silly, Horn.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/2/2013, 12:26 AM
Didn't see this posted yet. Interesting there are no hints as to the gender of said student.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/02/01/texas-applewhite-was-disciplined-in-2009/1885401/

ETA: Didn't mean to imply that the gender makes any difference to the situation. Just sayin.

budbarrybob
2/2/2013, 12:52 AM
Tis funny. 3 year old event that is just now coming out?

budbarrybob
2/2/2013, 01:19 AM
Oh and BTW this looks to be something Big over there on Shaggy. Epic Meltdown, apprehension and shatting in their pants. You know just like the horns are before the RRS in dallas.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/2/2013, 01:31 AM
So, is the Major AC or DC? (NTTAWWT, of course) And, if he's one of those, is he a member in good standing of NAMBLA? (NTTAWWT, of course)

Seamus
2/2/2013, 01:54 AM
There's plenty wrong with being in or akin to NAMBLA. That shyte ain't funny on any level.

2/2/2013, 02:18 AM
There's plenty wrong with being in or akin to NAMBLA. That shyte ain't funny on any level.It would make me smile more to see that the Major is a member, rather than someone from some other feetball programs. I realize that it's only a smile, not a laugh, but hey, it's at least jockular.

SoonerStormchaser
2/2/2013, 02:42 AM
So he and his wife had a daughter around time of said liaison?
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3322/4583958607_43d93cacc6.jpg

And that makes 9000 for me!

2/2/2013, 02:59 AM
I did NOT say he was a member(NTTAWWT)! WHO was it said he was/is a member?

SoonerStormchaser
2/2/2013, 08:37 AM
This one is the best gem on Shaggy Bevo so far:

@EricNahlin: I'm hearing this Applewhite situation could reverberate all the way to Dodds.

Oh god I will blow every member of the Vatican if this gets DD canned

This one is also good:

demote him to lieutenant and call it even...

From an OU poster:

This and Case holding the boom mic is just re-payment for years of laughter at the Big Red Motor situation.

I think they're onto something here:

Time to clean house from Dodds on down. Stop when you get to the golf coach and women's volleyball coach.

ESPN has to be loving their investment...they can start airing Lawnghorn and Order SVU, Cocto*****, Longhorn Jersey Shore...

Also, anyone remember the allegations back in the day that Major nailed Ricky Williams' girlfriend? Major could star in multiple episodes of Cheaters

Programming possibilities are endless here.

Bwa ha haha:

Quote Originally Posted by vox View Post
This is some bull$#@!.

Is nothing sacred?
case mccoy thinks everything is sacred, except when he records it on his phone..a few hours later he unleashes the demons

Widescreen
2/2/2013, 09:52 AM
So one of his punishments would be that his salary would be frozen for 11 months? Wow, it's amazing he lived through that. :rolleyes:

General Applewhite
2/2/2013, 10:27 AM
Hey, you guys stay out of my personal life!

:cocksure:

MyT Oklahoma
2/2/2013, 11:50 AM
And just when I thought it was another slow news week before National Signing Day.

ouwasp
2/2/2013, 12:02 PM
Hmmm.....well, I think there's plenty wrong with being a same-sex pervert (not that the Major would be that twisted)...but I guess the wrong that society decries is me stating such?

2/2/2013, 12:06 PM
Hmmm.....being a same-sex pervert (not that the Major would be that twisted)...how was that rumor started? Could there be ANY truth to that mention about the Major?

badger
2/2/2013, 12:38 PM
If it was two consenting adults, the only problem left is that he was a married, expecting father.

That said, MAJOR HAS MAN BOOBS. Who the hell would want to have an affair with manboobed major. Gag

JLEW1818
2/2/2013, 01:57 PM
I didn't ask for Longhorn network.

lexsooner
2/2/2013, 02:37 PM
The Longhorn network is quite entertaining if it is a UT sports figure visiting Austin eating establishments and discussing the good eats, or after the many losses in multiple sports. I did have to turn away after they replayed Mack's recap of the 2008 OU game and the 2009 season BSC title game over and over again for weeks on end. I guess it was good filler in a season of constant disappointments in about every sport UT values. Things are so bad that Rick Perry cannot praise the horns as yet another example of Texas Exceptionalism, in his twisted meaning of the term.

Ruf/Nek7
2/2/2013, 02:42 PM
Sexual Misconduct U!

Salt City Sooner
2/2/2013, 03:55 PM
FWIW, Bohls tweeted that Major is being represented by none other than Joe Jamail in this mess. This could end up being quite interesting.

Oh, & BTW, their backup QB Connor Brewer (insert softball here) was arrested for M.I.P. as well.

2/2/2013, 04:03 PM
If it was two consenting adults, the only problem left is that he was a married, expecting father.
WELLLL NOW, were both the consenting adults of the human species, 'cuz that would be a story(NTTAWWT). THAT MAJOR! He's just a fun lover, rovin' across the Gaystin, forgetting to nail things down.

Piware
2/2/2013, 06:07 PM
Ill bet it didn't take his wife 3 years to get mad. She might still be kicking the crap out of him 3 years later but spousal retribution is usually swift. OUCH!!!

70sooner
2/2/2013, 07:19 PM
and now this to add to the goings on UT, LMAO!~

http://newsok.com/texas-quarterback-busted-for-being-drunk-fake-id/article/feed/495529

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A freshman backup quarterback at the University of Texas has been arrested in Austin for public intoxication and carrying a fake driver's license.

Travis County Sheriff's Department spokesman Roger Wade says 19-year-old Connor Brewer was arrested by school police early Saturday. Wade says court documents indicate Brewer was booked into the county jail, appeared before a justice of the peace court and released about 11 hours later

School spokeswoman Rhonda Weldon says the charges are misdemeanors. Conviction carries a fine of up to $500 per charge.

Brewer, from Scottsdale, Ariz., has been expected to contend for playing time next season. He did not play in 2012.

In his player profile at the team's website, Brewer says he hopes to become a lawyer after his playing days.

EatLeadCommie
2/2/2013, 07:25 PM
I think the real question in this Applewhite story is why it's just coming out now. Who released this within UT and what are they trying to accomplish in doing so?

aero
2/2/2013, 09:01 PM
UT may have a problem here and it very well could go high up the chain. This is directly connected to the ongoing conflict with ex womens track coach Bev Kearney. I don't remember all the facts exactly but she had been publicly placed on leave while UT investigated her alleged relationship with a student-athlete in 2002. Kearney resigned recently and her lawyers have been saying she was treated differently than other coaches (read male/white). I'd say it would be a good guess Kearney knew the scuttlebutt on Applewhite since she was in the athletic dept. The info on Applewhite getting released was most likely a result of her lawyers. UT's alibi that Applewhites salary was frozen seems very weak and appears to be adjusting the story to fit the facts. Now it will be interesting to see if anybody steps in and does a real investigation into the ongoings and where that will lead or if it will be another UT cover up. They already are going to have their hands full explaining why Applewhites problem was never made public and no discernible punishment yet what would appear a similar digression by a black woman was handled much differently. I haven't heard about Jamail but would not surprise me. He's one of the big donors with lots of swing at UT and I'm sure he'd provide services at no charge to get UT off the hook. Pretty disgusting. Don't EVER let a UT fan talk smack about any other school being dirty because they are right there with the worst of them.

EatLeadCommie
2/2/2013, 09:10 PM
Good point. It is probably her parting shot at UT and DD. I don't think the UT fans mind it if it forces DD out, even though her situation and Applesauce's don't seem to be remotely similar.

EatLeadCommie
2/2/2013, 09:17 PM
oh, and no mention of Joe Jamail can pass without posting this. Note-- has some profanity

ZIxmrvbMeKc

aero
2/2/2013, 09:20 PM
just curious how you see them as not remotely similar? Applewhite improper relation with student, Kearney improper relation with student. That is the major issue here with both of them. I think the Applewhite story is it was a one time thing but I'd wouldn't bet the farm on that nor does it change the situation. I don't think its as much a parting shot as it is setting them up for a large monetary settlement. I'm expecting Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Gloria Alred to be arriving in Austin in the near future.

Soonerfan88
2/2/2013, 10:25 PM
FOIA requests were submitted by Kearney's lawyers for anything related to male coach/instructor relationships with students and got the goods on Applewhite. They have a copy of the "reprimand memo" from Dodds to Applewhite posted on Shaggy Bevo. Basically, they tapped him lightly on the wrist. His salary was frozen from Feb '09 to Jan 1, 2010. Since they get annual raises, that means nothing. He was also required to go to one counseling session.

Some are trying to make the argument that a student trainer for the football team doesn't directly report to a coach like an athlete does so the cases are different. However, I don't think that will hold up in court as coaches do give the trainers orders and they do have influence on who keeps their job.

I originally thought Applewhite was done at UT but now I'm not so sure. It looks like he reported the relationship and took his punishment according to the regulations but Dodds and the legal dept employee that let him off the hook may be in very hot water.

2/3/2013, 01:23 AM
THANKSSSSsssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hvhurricane
2/3/2013, 02:37 PM
So one of his punishments would be that his salary would be frozen for 11 months? Wow, it's amazing he lived through that. :rolleyes:

None of our coaches would be able to handle this problem!!!

Curly Bill
2/3/2013, 04:47 PM
One of the cable new channels just had a brief story on how Bev Kearney has been treated quite differently than Applewhite. Expect this story to not disappear anytime soon, and in fact quite likely to grow bigger and bigger.

goingoneight
2/3/2013, 05:06 PM
I hope Tejas keeps their staff intact through all of this.

Curly Bill
2/3/2013, 05:10 PM
I hope Tejas keeps their staff intact through all of this.

While I'd like to see Applewhite smacked around, trampled in the dirt, sh*t on, and spit on, just because he's a whorn, I ultimately agree with this. In the meantime Ima enjoy seeing their sports program drug through the mud.

In the end though I think we've seen the last of Major as a whorn. If the news folks turn their cameras and their pens on them and how they've treated a black female so much differently than a while male, I don't see how Major makes it outta this.

Curly Bill
2/3/2013, 05:43 PM
It's CNN that is running the story. They interviewed Bev Kearney and she's got herself a lawyer. This is gonna get interesting!

aero
2/3/2013, 05:55 PM
Major may not make it out of this but there very well could be others such as Mack Brown and Deloss Dodds that could also be on the hot seat. It seems odd they would essentially have no reprimand for Major and keep it under wraps while publicly suspending a black, disabled, female coach while they investigate the matter. It may be that Majors indiscretion was kept from more than just the public. Without knowledge of that, the powers that be may have been following guidelines concerning Kearney, unaware Kearney had some knowledge of Majors issue nor the conflict that would surely ensue. Now there are a ton of questions. Makes one wonder what other skeletons are in the UT closet. Who knew and who didn't. Who was involved in the decisions regarding Majors punishment and keeping it under wraps. The Board of Regents has indicated they are just finding out about Major. UT may be looking for a new HC and AD quite soon.

Flagstaffsooner
2/3/2013, 06:04 PM
I sure would hate to see the Empire of DeLoser Dodds come crashing down over Major getting his weenie wet.

Curly Bill
2/3/2013, 06:07 PM
I sure would hate to see the Empire of DeLoser Dodds come crashing down over Major getting his weenie wet.

That would be so sad wouldn't it? hahahahahahaha

MyT Oklahoma
2/3/2013, 09:00 PM
Please.. please.. please dear Lord.. please don't let them fire Mack.

Amen.

2/4/2013, 01:10 AM
Please.. please.. please dear Lord.. please don't let them fire Mack.

Amen.He's a damn fine coach, and should be retained until he retires, maybe 2030 or 2040.I wish him absolute tenure at UT.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/5/2013, 02:37 AM
FWIW, Bohls tweeted that Major is being represented by none other than Joe Jamail in this mess. This could end up being quite interesting.
Why would you have Joe Jamail on retainer if it wasn't a big deal?

Herr Scholz
2/5/2013, 10:24 AM
My take on this. While Major's trist was inappropriate, there were no rules broken (outside of marital). She was a student trainer but she was an adult and he wasn't her supervisor. Kearney's fireable offenses were that she controlled the girl's scholarship and she was providing her money, a house and a car. Those are the illegal benefits she was fired for. Also, his was a one night thing while hers was an ongoing relationship.

Two groups seek to benefit from this bad publicity which of course was orchestrated on the weekend before football signing day by the pea brained Governor Good Hair. It's a money grab by one and a political hatchet job by the other:

A) Bev Kearney and her lawyers hoping to get a fat check by claiming some civil rights infringement or something

B) The stupid aggys in our state. Rick Perry has been Governor down here for 12 years (yes it's embarrassing) and he's appointed 4 of his cronies to the UT Board of Regents. They are looking to topple UT's President Powers, AD Dodds, HC Brown and OC Applewhite in that order.

badger
2/5/2013, 10:45 AM
And WHY do you keep electing Rick Perry. The entire country's now witnessed what a moron he is via his failed presidential campaign. Now just find another of your millions of Texas Republicans to replace him already. Hell, I hear there's another George Bush available.

Herr Scholz
2/5/2013, 11:03 AM
And WHY do you keep electing Rick Perry. The entire country's now witnessed what a moron he is via his failed presidential campaign. Now just find another of your millions of Texas Republicans to replace him already. Hell, I hear there's another George Bush available.

Not my doing. That's who the Republicans down here blindly vote for. I met him once. Not only is he dumb as a box of hair, he's human garbage.

Widescreen
2/5/2013, 11:30 AM

We vote for him because he's the best person running. Which should tell you something. Not a fan but I voted for him because there's no way I'm voting for a democrat to run our state. I hope he decides not to run again.

That said, Texas sucks and I hope this whole episode is embarrassing and costly for them. (had to get this thread back on track)

FaninAma
2/5/2013, 11:38 AM

He's smart enough not to get in the way of the Texas economy which is the best in the nation right now. I'll judge him on the results of his governorship instead of buying into the mainstream media smear job.

2/5/2013, 11:45 AM
Not my doing. That's who the Republicans down here blindly vote for. I met him once. Not only is he dumb as a box of hair, he's human garbage.what took you so long for the personal insult(stupid card, evil card)?

2/5/2013, 11:46 AM
He's smart enough not to get in the way of the Texas economy which is the best in the nation right now. I'll judge him on the results of his governorship instead of buying into the mainstream media smear job.D'Oh! How hard is that?

badger
2/5/2013, 11:53 AM
He's smart enough not to get in the way of the Texas economy which is the best in the nation right now. I'll judge him on the results of his governorship instead of buying into the mainstream media smear job.

I know! It's like the media is out to get Texas athletics or something! Did you see how often they reported Texas losing in football and basketball (both womens and mens)? When's the last time they wrote about Texas WINNING in either? It's been awhile and it's never against a big time opponent!

Why don't the mainstream media ever say anything good about our Big 12 owners and operators in Austin? SHAME ON THEM! I want unbiased, fair and balanced reporting on Texas athletics NOW!

Hey look, AT&T UVerse has the Longhorn Network... rebroadcasting Texas' latest loss to whoever...

Herr Scholz
2/5/2013, 12:00 PM
what took you so long for the personal insult(stupid card, evil card)?

Sorry but that man's an idiot. He's the candidate who "couldn't remember". He embarrassed my state on the national stage terribly. And I won't call him evil but his health care platform is immoral IMHO. He's trying to end women's health care by Planned Parenthood in this state (which provides routine exams, contraception and preventive health services) to millions of low-income Texans who can't afford to get these services elsewhere. 90% of the cost of this is federal. He's trying to do this by forfeiting $200 million a year of Medicaid dollars to Texas for women's health care.

Now he's messing with my university which is also not cool.

2/5/2013, 12:04 PM
We vote for him because he's the best person running. Which should tell you something. Not a fan but I voted for him because there's no way I'm voting for a democrat to run our state. I hope he decides not to run again.

That said, Texas sucks and I hope this whole episode is embarrassing and costly for them. (had to get this thread back on track)no shiite! Anybody voting for a democrat, or going 3rd party, which helps democrats get elected, and starts the road to nannystatism, is one who has objectionable wisdom.

2/5/2013, 12:08 PM
Sorry but that man's an idiot. He's the candidate who "couldn't remember". He embarrassed my state on the national stage terribly. And I won't call him evil but his health care platform is immoral IMHO. He's trying to end women's health care by Planned Parenthood in this state (which provides routine exams, contraception and preventive health services) to millions of low-income Texans who can't afford to get these services elsewhere. 90% of the cost of this is federal. He's trying to do this by forfeiting $200 million a year of Medicaid dollars to Texas for women's health care.

Now he's messing with my university which is also not cool.Haha you would have a democrat who is in obear's pocket, wouldn't you? Like FaninAma said, it isn't hard to figure out what dems want to do with the government.

badger
2/5/2013, 12:10 PM
I am so sorry that I turned this thread political. Let me see if I can get it back on track by posting the pic that shaggybevo shared of the girl in question:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCHdSdDCYAAG4l0.jpg
Is this really the woman that Major cheated on his wife...
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3527/3464851278_24629e21da.jpg
with? Once again, Major's wife:
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1823729793/image.jpg
Major's mistress:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/02/2yzude8e.jpg
NOW, STOP TALKING POLITICS AND START TALKING CHICK PICS! NOW :mad:

2/5/2013, 12:10 PM
Let's hear more about Applewhite, and Mackbrown. Keep 'em both, fergodnessakes!

badger
2/5/2013, 12:14 PM
Let's hear more about Applewhite, and Mackbrown. Keep 'em both, fergodnessakes!

I agree that Mack Brown must be the most betrayed feeling one in this:
http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/510d394b69beddf422000000-400-300/ap080117023301.jpg
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20121212-ns_04uttxtechbrownapplewhite_2786965_704996.jpg.ec e/BINARY/w700x467/NS_04UTTxTechBrownApplewhite_2786965_704996.JPG
Once again, Major's wife:
http://influential-magazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Picture-Deseo-Salon-Major-Applewhite.jpg

lexsooner
2/5/2013, 12:37 PM
Can we make the assumption that Major has never been a hot chick magnet?

Herr Scholz
2/5/2013, 12:41 PM
Can we make the assumption that Major has never been a hot chick magnet?
Has anyone EVER who was nicknamed 'Opie'?

lexsooner
2/5/2013, 12:50 PM
Has anyone EVER who was nicknamed 'Opie'?

Well, Ron Howard has an ok looking daughter, but not sure about his wife. There was a guy at work nicknamed Opie who was actually successful with many women because of his sandy blonde hair and boyish aw shucks good looks. His wife was attractive and he had affairs with many women, many of whom were attractive. He was also dumber than a box of rocks and his low intelligence level always came up whenever this guy was discussed. Opie - he's not too bright, you know. Guess he was made for one thing.

2/5/2013, 12:56 PM
So, the major = Opie =low IQ coach who could be a chick magnet, cause he looks so harmless, and just might be a "boy toy"? Had an affair with a Plain Jane, while his wife was pregnant, to spite her, maybe, and is just now admitting to it? How does Mack fit into this? Did he put Opie up to those ribald shenanigans?

Soonerwake
2/5/2013, 01:05 PM
So, we are to believe that the governor of Texas has nothing else to do but appoint university regents for the sole purpose of removing an OC of the 40th ranked offense, of a team they don't even play anymore.

Now, who's the aggie in this conversation...

2/5/2013, 01:21 PM
So, we are to believe that the governor of Texas has nothing else to do but appoint university regents for the sole purpose of removing an OC of the 40th ranked offense, of a team they don't even play anymore.

Now, who's the aggie in this conversation...The job of the governor is to be sure the txcows are put in their place, as a consequence of the a*swhuppin the cows have given lassie in the overall series, and the last straw was the Longwhorn Network. Also, for the state capitol being in the same town as the cows.

Herr Scholz
2/5/2013, 02:56 PM

Now, who's the aggie in this conversation...

Yeah, that's what I said. :upset: Perry appointed all 9 of the current UT BOR members and it's no coincidence that an emergency BOR meeting was called this weekend to air 3-year old bad publicity that's already been handled. This guy is an aggy first and foremost.

As I said, he's mostly after Bill Powers, UT President. They've had many clashes. If it hurts the UT football program, then that's just a bonus for him.

badger
2/5/2013, 03:23 PM
Nah, Rick Perry's a Longhorn fan. See? (http://hotbedinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/perry.jpg) Hook em

Enough with the political banter. It is clear that I am going to have to try harder to distract you all from that sh!t if pictures of chicks won't do it.

MAJOR APPLEWHITE HAS MAN BOOBS.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSTZI_MD9K7ASUb3MrDgzxobJUcB0I4 UXWlRr7JpIRhvvzut8m

TheHumanAlphabet
2/5/2013, 09:26 PM
Not my doing. That's who the Republicans down here blindly vote for. I met him once. Not only is he dumb as a box of hair, he's human garbage.
But he shoots coyotes!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/8/2013, 11:02 PM
Nah, Rick Perry's a Longhorn fan. See? (http://hotbedinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/perry.jpg) Hook em

Enough with the political banter. It is clear that I am going to have to try harder to distract you all from that sh!t if pictures of chicks won't do it.

Will you PLEASE stop with that man boob thing? You are correct, of course, but every time you mention it, or in this case, post the photographic evidence, I throw up a little in my mouth. Ugh.

I can't imagine any woman wanting to do sexytime with a man who needs a bigger bra than she does.

ETA: Good lord I sound serious. This was all meant to be :smile: joking.