PDA

View Full Version : Landry to be honored by NM Sports Hall of Fame

NMSooner'80
2/1/2013, 12:11 PM
http://artesiabulldogs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=artesiafootball&action=display&thread=5133

(the highlights):

Landry Jones has been selected as the collegiate male athlete of the year by the NM Sports Hall of Fame.

Landry will be in Albuquerque Sunday March 3 at the NM Sports Hall of Fame Banquet to accept this award.

Individual tickets are available at the banquet by calling the UNM ticket office at 505-925-5626 and mention the NM Sports Hall of Fame Banquet.

For those who will say "so what," this is (A) a nice bit of recognition from his home state, and (B) he beat out all of those Lobo men's basketball players who were on a team that won 28 games and took the MWC titles (co-champs in regular season; tournament champs in Vegas).

StoopTroup
2/1/2013, 12:17 PM
We cut through New Mexico and Landry's Home Town when we went to the Sun Bowl a few years ago. They are all very proud of him there and very OU friendly IMO. Good for him get recognized by his Home State. I doubt that would happen if he was from Texas.

Widescreen
2/1/2013, 01:05 PM
Good deal.

tycat947
2/1/2013, 03:41 PM
Congratulations Landry!

SoonerStormchaser
2/1/2013, 03:43 PM
So Landry, Urlacher and Hank Baskett...

That's a small HOF in New Mexico ;)

Soonerfan88
2/1/2013, 04:56 PM
If Tommy McDonald can make the NFL HofF, I think he managed to squeak in New Mexico's also. :wink:

Congrats to Landry, well deserved honor.

MyT Oklahoma
2/1/2013, 09:10 PM
Congratulations LJ and thanks for the memories (mostly good of course).

MichiganSooner
2/1/2013, 10:54 PM
Congratulations!

picasso
2/2/2013, 03:13 AM
We cut through New Mexico and Landry's Home Town when we went to the Sun Bowl a few years ago. They are all very proud of him there and very OU friendly IMO. Good for him get recognized by his Home State. I doubt that would happen if he was from Texas.
That town has a proud high school football tradition.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2013, 03:48 AM
It wouldn't happen in Texas because there are a bajillion QB's from Texas that are better than Landry. The QB at UTSA alone is better than Landry.

Of course he's going to be a stand out in New Mexico -- the talent pool is much much more shallow.

Soonerwake
2/2/2013, 08:53 AM
It wouldn't happen in Texas because there are a bajillion QB's from Texas that are better than Landry. The QB at UTSA alone is better than Landry.

Of course he's going to be a stand out in New Mexico -- the talent pool is much much more shallow.

I know you have been here a long time, but it's comments like this that show your true colors. Can't we have one "feel good" thread about Landry without slamming him??

I'm sure I will get hammered for this, but go blow yourself.

SoonerStormchaser
2/2/2013, 09:19 AM
Dude is entitled to his opinion, Wake...and I happen to somewhat agree with him (obviously this is the wrong forum for him to vent). Does that make me a bad Sooner fan?

C&CDean
2/2/2013, 09:33 AM
Sicem and SCS? Who knew?

BTW, you're both full of **** on this one.

Good on Landry. He's a great Sooner, and a damned fine QB.

Ruf/Nek7
2/2/2013, 09:34 AM
All I am going to say is "bajillion" is a far cry....more like a trillion. JK, I am actually an LJ fan and never lost hope on him as OUr QB so I congratulate him on this exciting accomplishment.

picasso
2/2/2013, 12:30 PM

He beats Joe Baylor's ***.

tycat947
2/2/2013, 03:12 PM
Landry 3-1 against HYPOCRITE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cleller
2/2/2013, 03:25 PM
Landry put in a lot of time here, and won a bunch of games. No incoming QB ever beat him out, he never complained, whined, or embarrassed his school.
He's a good man.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2013, 05:50 PM
Landry put in a lot of time here, and won a bunch of games. No incoming QB ever beat him out, he never complained, whined, or embarrassed his school.
He's a good man.
Landry seems to be a very good man. He is not, however, a good QB.

I would buy the whole "Hey, Landry is gone don't bash him" type argument if I didn't remember the treatment of Hybl.

At any rate, good on him getting an award and some sort of recognition for what talent he does have. That's all I'll say since I'm clearly poking a hornet's nest!

olevetonahill
2/2/2013, 05:55 PM
I know you have been here a long time, but it's comments like this that show your true colors. Can't we have one "feel good" thread about Landry without slamming him??

I'm sure I will get hammered for this, but go blow yourself.

Agree Bro.

Dude is entitled to his opinion, Wake...and I happen to somewhat agree with him (obviously this is the wrong forum for him to vent). Does that make me a bad Sooner fan?

LJ gave us his all and NEVER did anything to Embarrass The University.
Yea Right now you a BAD fan

olevetonahill
2/2/2013, 05:59 PM
Landry seems to be a very good man. He is not, however, a good QB.

I would buy the whole "Hey, Landry is gone don't bash him" type argument if I didn't remember the treatment of Hybl.

At any rate, good on him getting an award and some sort of recognition for what talent he does have. That's all I'll say since I'm clearly poking a hornet's nest!

So because a few folk Dogged on Nate, You think its Ok to Dog Landry?

Yup I suggest you quietly LEAVE this thread Bro.

Jason White's Third Knee
2/4/2013, 09:06 AM
BS posts Sic Em. I remember when you were a new poster, your team was a joke, and your posts were humble and nice to read.