PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 football championship game with 10-team league

badger
2/1/2013, 11:53 AM
Vote through this boring weekend. You can only vote for one and cannot change your vote. Votes are anonymous.

jkjsooner
2/1/2013, 02:00 PM
I answered undecided. I would like to see the NCAA allow it though. It seems a little arbitrary that you have to be a 12 team league to have a championship game.

Harry Beanbag
2/1/2013, 02:07 PM
I don't understand the point if you have round robin scheduling (which I hate BTW).

yermom
2/1/2013, 02:23 PM
seems pointless without divisions

yermom
2/1/2013, 02:24 PM
for example... last year we rematch K-State?

i'd rather just bring in two teams on a temp basis or something

EatLeadCommie
2/1/2013, 02:28 PM
I voted undecided, but it does seem pointless without divisions. A rematch with KSU might be nice, but what about if we have a rematch against Texas (in a year where they don't suck) and we finish ahead of them based on our regular season win over them?

Widescreen
2/1/2013, 04:06 PM
I don't guess it would be that much different than the old way from a rematch perspective. We had to replay both KSU and Mizzou to win the championship. I do agree that with a round-robin it doesn't make much sense and really makes certain regular season matchups less important. Imagine if UT gets their act together and OU and UT are clearly the 2 best teams in the conference. Is the RRS as important since we'd probably just play again at the end of the season for all the marbles?

8timechamps
2/1/2013, 07:44 PM
From a college fan perspective, I'd love to have an addition "important" game (that means something) to watch. From just an OU fan perspective, if it makes it harder to get to the title game, no thanks.

MyT Oklahoma
2/1/2013, 09:08 PM
I loved going to Conference Championships Games with a 12 team conference but I have no desire to attend one for just 10 teams that play each other every year.