PDA

View Full Version : Adam Shead's back injury...

Ruf/Nek7
1/30/2013, 04:51 PM
I may be behind on this one but just read that OU has offered a JUCO guard who is currently committed to Baylor. A lot of speculation is that Shead's back injury may require surgery if he suffers any setbacks. I hate to be a negative nancy, but this sure as hell does not sound good. I feel as though these guys never seem to make it back from severe back injuries such as these.

goingoneight
1/30/2013, 05:34 PM
Hadn't heard anything about it?

Ruf/Nek7
1/30/2013, 05:37 PM
From what I am hearing, he suffered a back injury against tcu and it lingered on into the offseason. He is reportedly working out with the team but there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the injury. At this point, surgery is only if there is a "set back". Hoping for the best and that Nila comes back healthy too.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/30/2013, 05:37 PM
Saw that earlier...Not a good sign..

8timechamps
1/30/2013, 07:23 PM
The additional offer at OT is a "plan b" for Shead. I've heard that surgery may be optional, but if he does have it he will not be back for the start of the season.

OU already had two OTs committed to this class (and honestly, neither will play this year). The line will actually have some depth in 2013 (knock wood), so if Shead doesn't make it back, we should still be okay.

Curly Bill
1/31/2013, 08:35 AM
Is there a way I can blame Schmiddy for this?

Ruf/Nek7
1/31/2013, 09:18 AM
Is there a way I can blame Schmiddy for this?

Most definitely...Scmitty jumped on sheads back bc he failed to do his 200th push up while running stairs during 100+ degree heat.