rock on sooner
1/29/2013, 04:49 PM
as Secretary of State...94 aye 3 nay....guess who voted against
confirmation....

Turd_Ferguson
1/29/2013, 04:51 PM
confirmation....

Who gives a ****. He's a ***** *** liberal. Good friends with Jane Fonda I hear...

rock on sooner
1/29/2013, 05:02 PM
Geez, TF, I thot yud wanta know that one of yer Okie senators joined up with
the two whorns....

badger
1/29/2013, 05:07 PM
the two whorns....

Texas is where he flies the planes... or lands them... ish...

okie52
1/29/2013, 05:08 PM
the two whorns....

Texoma lives...

XingTheRubicon
1/29/2013, 05:09 PM
confirmation....

wish him the best...and I hope he can add to the "144 days without a murdered ambassador" sign in the state office.

okie52
1/29/2013, 05:10 PM
wish him the best...and I hope he can add to the "144 days without a murdered ambassador" sign in the state office.

LOL...safety is our number one goal.

okie52
1/29/2013, 05:48 PM
Three Republicans voted against Kerry — Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, both of Texas, and Sen. James Inhofe (Okla).

Inhofe said voting against Kerry, whom he called a “good friend,” was a no-brainer.

“We joke around a lot,” the Republican lawmaker said in a phone interview Tuesday afternoon. “But I told him I never agreed with him on anything, going all the way back to the Sandinistas.”

Inhofe said that he was concerned in particular that Kerry appears to make global warming a centerpiece issue and that Kerry has been too deferential to global organizations such as the United Nations.

rock on sooner
1/29/2013, 07:16 PM

Global warming? C'mon, Okie, Inhofe aint tha brightest bulb in tha
chandelier...

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2013, 07:17 PM
Despite the fact that I loathe Kerry and his politics, there is no good reason not to have confirmed him.

rock on sooner
1/29/2013, 07:23 PM
Sicem, I could be wrong (?) but I don't think Kerry's politics have a
lot of bearing on the USA, since, I believe, his mission will be to carry
forward what Obama wants and what is in the best interest of the USA.
Is that not correct?

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2013, 07:54 PM
Sicem, I could be wrong (?) but I don't think Kerry's politics have a
lot of bearing on the USA, since, I believe, his mission will be to carry
forward what Obama wants and what is in the best interest of the USA.
Is that not correct?
Correct, unless there is something in his background or his politics that is so egregious that it would superecede the right of the President to choose whomever he wishes to implement his policy.

An example of that might be, as much as I love and adore him, Ron Paul being nominated as the next Chairman of the Federal Reserve. I can see some members of the Senate having a case to vote against him on that particular appointment. But even that is iffy if the President has a stated policy of either abolishing the Fed or ensuring more oversight.

There just aren't a lot of good reasons for voting against a cabinet appointment.

Judicial appointments, however, are another matter entirely.

rock on sooner
1/29/2013, 08:04 PM
Correct, unless there is something in his background or his politics that is so egregious that it would superecede the right of the President to choose whomever he wishes to implement his policy.

An example of that might be, as much as I love and adore him, Ron Paul being nominated as the next Chairman of the Federal Reserve. I can see some members of the Senate having a case to vote against him on that particular appointment. But even that is iffy if the President has a stated policy of either abolishing the Fed or ensuring more oversight.

There just aren't a lot of good reasons for voting against a cabinet appointment.

Judicial appointments, however, are another matter entirely.

Heh, Ron Paul the head of the Fed, Now THAT is funny...

okie52
1/29/2013, 09:34 PM
Global warming? C'mon, Okie, Inhofe aint tha brightest bulb in tha
chandelier...

I guess you didn't follow Kerry that closely politically. AGW was a big one with Kerry just like it is with his new boss.

rock on sooner
1/29/2013, 09:42 PM
I guess you didn't follow Kerry that closely politically. AGW was a big one with Kerry just like it is with his new boss.

Betcha none of that stuff factors in for at least two years, if even then...imo...
too many more important issues...

okie52
1/29/2013, 10:03 PM
Betcha none of that stuff factors in for at least two years, if even then...imo...
too many more important issues...

Maybe not in 1st 2years but I see Obama pushing AGW to mandate use of his inept green energy. He'll try to get the US signed on with some UN accord.

StoopTroup
1/29/2013, 10:18 PM
STAY CALM AND.....

KERRY ON !

SanJoaquinSooner
1/30/2013, 01:25 PM
Three Republicans voted against Kerry — Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, both of Texas, and Sen. James Inhofe (Okla).

Are Texans still pissed about that John Tower not getting Senate confirmation as Sec. of Defense?

StoopTroup
1/30/2013, 06:18 PM
Are Texans still pissed about that John Tower not getting Senate confirmation as Sec. of Defense?

I bet they'll be really pissed if a Cat 5 hits Houston and they never get a dime approved to rebuild infrastructure or clean up and rebuild the affected areas.

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2013, 06:36 PM
I bet they'll be really pissed if a Cat 5 hits Houston and they never get a dime approved to rebuild infrastructure or clean up and rebuild the affected areas.
I'm having an enormously difficult time figuring out what this has to do with a SecState confirmation vote.

FaninAma
1/30/2013, 06:54 PM
Gold diggers shouldn't be Secretary of State. Actually, I don't have any problem with him. He is about as good as could be hoped for from this President.