PDA

View Full Version : Jaz Reynolds

8timechamps
1/27/2013, 06:38 PM
I read an article in the DOK that Reynolds, Hayes and Franks represented the university recently at an elementary school function. Since I'm assuming that kind of thing is voluntary, it sounds like the three are doing what they can to be on the field in 2013. Hayes & Franks both could compete for defensive positions, but Reynolds is the one I'm most interested in playing.

It sounds like he's doing everything possible to get back in the good graces of the coaching staff, and Norvell has said that he can be back on the field in 2013 (assuming he does what's being asked). If he does, in fact, play in 2013, it'll be interesting to see what kind of a player he is without Jones throwing to him.

Soonerjeepman
1/27/2013, 07:04 PM
hope he does...it's his last chance

VA Sooner
1/27/2013, 07:41 PM
Wasn't expecting him to be playing in 2013.... will be interesting to see what he does once he gets his chance again. Highly recruited kid who messed up last year... we'll see.

OkieThunderLion
1/27/2013, 10:37 PM
I think he's a slight upgrade from J. Brown at the 'z' receiver spot. Explosive guy.

Texas Golfer
1/28/2013, 02:11 AM
It's up to Jaz to determine how successful he intends to be in 2013.

stoopified
1/28/2013, 08:16 AM
Can't wait to see IF Jaz can keep his nose clean until next fall. IF and IMHO it is a big IF, he can be an impact player.

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 02:16 PM
Can't wait to see IF Jaz can keep his nose clean until next fall. IF and IMHO it is a big IF, he can be an impact player.

That's my only concern. I'm really hoping that the young man has learned, but you never know...

thecrimsoncrusader
1/28/2013, 03:08 PM
If he does, in fact, play in 2013, it'll be interesting to see what kind of a player he is without Jones throwing to him.

It may require less one-handed catches by Jaz without Landry throwing to him.

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 03:47 PM

Well played sir, well played!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/28/2013, 04:21 PM
Has he had a season were he wasn't suspended?

rock on sooner
1/28/2013, 04:27 PM

In fairness a couple of those catches were more hot dog than necessity...

goingoneight
1/28/2013, 06:50 PM
I saw only one of those one-handers as necessary and it was the sideline grab against KSU. The others were showboating.

King Crimson
1/28/2013, 06:55 PM
kind of a jaz fan, hope he gets it together. getting a degree is not to be underestimated either if you read this Mister Reynolds.

starclassic tama
1/28/2013, 07:02 PM
amazing that people are still talking about this guy. with all the receivers we have that work hard and are so talented, who cares?

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 07:34 PM
amazing that people are still talking about this guy. with all the receivers we have that work hard and are so talented, who cares?

Really? A kid on the team, that has shown the ability to make big plays and has experience...and we're supposed to treat him like he was a guy that never played and transferred out?

Funny, because just about a year ago, fans were panicked because we only had one receiver...

StoopTroup
1/29/2013, 04:20 AM
Until I see a new QB throw more than one 20 plus yard completion next year...Jaz might want to bulk up a bit and try for one of the RB positions.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/29/2013, 07:51 AM

Maybe because he had a little over 700 receiving yards despite just a half season's worth of actual playing time? The dude is a legit 1000+ yard capable receiver.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/29/2013, 09:29 AM
He's also capable of taking practice and game reps away from other WRs and then is unavailable when he gets suspended again for more jackassery..

I don't like depending on players who can't be relied on.

starclassic tama
1/29/2013, 10:42 AM
the guy has basically had one 6 or so game stretch where he produced at a decent level out of 4 years of being on campus. sorry if I'm more fired up over guys like sterling Shepard, metoyer and duron Neal who by all accounts does everything right and are really talented

OkieThunderLion
1/29/2013, 11:42 AM
the guy has basically had one 6 or so game stretch where he produced at a decent level out of 4 years of being on campus. sorry if I'm more fired up over guys like sterling Shepard, metoyer and duron Neal who by all accounts does everything right and are really talented

Try to seperate his ability from his attitude/antics. Discrediting him as a player makes your (legitimate) case less credible.

LA.SoonerFan
1/31/2013, 07:09 PM
Maybe because he had a little over 700 receiving yards despite just a half season's worth of actual playing time? The dude is a legit 1000+ yard capable receiver.

Only if we have someone who can throw to him.

8timechamps
1/31/2013, 07:53 PM

Can we not be fired up about them all?

I'm very high on Neal & Metoyer, but to date, Jaz has outproduced them both. If the kid can get his head screwed on straight, he's going to have a major impact.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/31/2013, 08:04 PM
Only if we have someone who can throw to him.

I would say the odds are significantly greater that Oklahoma does than does not given OU's QB'ing history during the Bob Stoops era. And unlike the 2005 and 2009 seasons, OU won't be fielding a freshman QB throwing behind an inexperienced offensive line all the while, throwing to an inexperience group of receivers.

StoopTroup
1/31/2013, 08:16 PM
I think you'll see us tossing lots of screens and 5-7 yard drops until whoever secures the starting QB spot finally has the confidence to hang out and thèn step up into the pocket and toss the ball more than 15 yards for completions as well as after the catch yards.

Piware
2/2/2013, 06:18 PM
I hope Reynolds has learned his lesson. His bad behavior could have spelled disaster for us but, evidently, that never crossed his mind. I'm all for giving someone a chance to redeem themselves but what bothers me is the number of equally talented kids that behave themselves and don't make the cut. The guy that does acts like a knucklehead and knocks them out of a chance they would have given anything for.

There are always exceptions - I hope Reynolds is one of them.