PDA

View Full Version : BHO thinks college football too violent

ouwasp
1/27/2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-if-i-had-son-id-have-think-long-and-hard-i-let-him-play-football_697976.html

I'm paraphrasing just a bit, but that's what I get as the gist of the article...

pphilfran
1/27/2013, 02:30 PM
It it's current state it probably is...it goes against the popular stance of over protection...

I expect to see major changes over the next decade...

I refuse to believer that there isn't better helmet technology available...

Curly Bill
1/27/2013, 02:35 PM
Let's see...really big, strong, fast dudes, running full speed and colliding with one another isn't good for them? Ya don't say!

It's gonna be interesting over the next several years what happens to football, with what I see being increasing amounts of litigation and further studies on the impact (no pun intended) football has on the people that play it.

XingTheRubicon
1/27/2013, 04:34 PM
<traber>wussification!!!!11!!1!!!<traber>

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 05:09 PM
Football is crash-up derby with humans on grass instead of cars on dirt. Keep ruining the game with restrictions and ill grab the clicker. To me it's entertainment, other than that, I have no vested interest. I love football but its changing and, so am I. I lose more interest for the NFL each passing year. Soon, they will interest me right out of the game. That's ok though, more players will retire with unmolested brains and knees, and me, I will be entertained with something else.

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 05:24 PM
bHo's opinion ain't werth a shat. He's got his head firmly planted in some dictators arse.

usmc-sooner
1/28/2013, 06:38 PM
clearly Obama hasn't seen OU's defense

lexsooner
1/28/2013, 07:32 PM
Funny, several sports talk show guys were talking about this today on radio. One guy said Obama should not be talking about this and he certainly has more important things to discuss. Another guy said Obama only discussed it because he was asked by the interviewer and he is glad the Prez at least knows enough about football to give an informed response. Then the talk turned to whether one would let his son play football knowing the risks. One guy said his son did play in high school and left with a wrist injury which still gives him problems long after high school. I think it would be hard to say no to a son who really wants to play. Don't have any sons, but I would probably say yes and then hope and pray he does not get hurt.

Wishboned
1/28/2013, 07:45 PM
I think Obama wishes he had a son. He seems a little fixated on that subject to use as an example.

And he wouldn't be the first President to step in to curb injuries in football.

http://www.history.com/news/how-teddy-roosevelt-saved-football

And Teddy let his son play football.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/28/2013, 09:24 PM
Next thing you know he's gonna say guns are dangerous too.

Soonerjeepman
1/28/2013, 09:31 PM
just about anything someone does can have ill effects on your health...ah well, it is what it is.

TAFBSooner
2/5/2013, 06:09 PM
The threat to football is if parents see the damage from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (a degenerative brain disorder linked to memory loss, depression and dementia), and don't let their sons play. This will probably play out in relation to the other economic prospects of the young men in question.

I don't think football is going away, but just in case, we need to take up a collection to endow Mack Brown with HGH longevity therapy, so we can surpass the whorns in all-time scoreboard before it's over.:dispirited:

soonercruiser
2/6/2013, 04:25 PM
Football to violet a sport!
But, it's OK to send our women into battle???
Perfect liberal nonsense!
:torn: