PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jindal Speaks the Truth

lexsooner
1/26/2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/25/politics/preston-jindal-rnc/index.html?hpt=hp_bn3

Wow, a bright light in the Republican Party. Bobby Jindal makes a lot of sense and is willing to come out and talk about what is needed for the GOP. In his speech he was obviously not looking to make punch lines and get applause, but he made his points rapid fire like he wanted to tell the audience this is how it is and deal with it. Two strong parties is better for this nation.

Fraggle145
1/26/2013, 03:28 PM
That was refreshing. The two that caught my attention. We've got to stop being the stupid party, and we've got to stop insulting the intelligence of voters.

okie52
1/26/2013, 03:32 PM
Not much substance by Jindal...how does this speech relate to issues? Energy, illegal immigration, obamacare, debt, etc...

C&CDean
1/26/2013, 04:24 PM
Not much substance by Jindal...how does this speech relate to issues? Energy, illegal immigration, obamacare, debt, etc...

Who cares? Nobody is gonna do anything on the issues anyhow. We just need some entertaining pols.

okie52
1/26/2013, 04:48 PM
That's really all it is right now...4 years out...entertainment.

C&CDean
1/26/2013, 08:23 PM
That's really all it is right now...4 years out...entertainment.

BIN. Go.

Pretty ****ing sad too.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/26/2013, 09:26 PM
It's heartwarming to see some Libs approve of republicans criticizing their party, and pulling the stupid card on themselves. Very constructive, and intuitive, fershure.

lexsooner
1/26/2013, 10:12 PM
I think you should pay attention to one of the few bright voices in the GOP who speaks the truth about the party. The GOP is beaten and in shambles and at the moment has no prospects for winning on a national level in the near future. That is a hard and indisputable fact. It seems pointless to be constantly bickering and combative and instead look to how one's party might win again. That's what I mean about the seemingly lack of soul searching I find among conservative Republicans after the loss in November. The reaction on this board is more to throw one's self on the ground and screech like a baby and kick your feet in the air rather than try and speculate about what is wrong about the GOP and how the party needs to redefine itself in order to win on a national stage again. Frankly, our country is much better off with two good strong parties and viable alternatives, but as it is now, the GOP might as well be on Mars.

XingTheRubicon
1/26/2013, 10:39 PM
I think you should pay attention to one of the few bright voices in the Donk Party who speaks the truth about the party. The Donk party is beaten and in shambles and at the moment has no prospects for winning on a national level in the near future. That is a hard and indisputable fact. It seems pointless to be constantly bickering and combative and instead look to how one's party might win again. That's what I mean about the seemingly lack of soul searching I find among donks after the loss in November. The reaction on this board is more to throw one's self on the ground and screech like a baby and kick your feet in the air rather than try and speculate about what is wrong about the donks and how the party needs to redefine itself in order to win on a national stage again. Frankly, our country is much better off with two good strong parties and viable alternatives, but as it is now, the donks might as well be on Mars.

fixed circa 2005

the pubs have 30 govs and own the house and by 2016, it may not matter which side wins (for the poor, anyway...or liberals, if you will.)

okie52
1/26/2013, 10:47 PM
I think you should pay attention to one of the few bright voices in the GOP who speaks the truth about the party. The GOP is beaten and in shambles and at the moment has no prospects for winning on a national level in the near future. That is a hard and indisputable fact. It seems pointless to be constantly bickering and combative and instead look to how one's party might win again. That's what I mean about the seemingly lack of soul searching I find among conservative Republicans after the loss in November. The reaction on this board is more to throw one's self on the ground and screech like a baby and kick your feet in the air rather than try and speculate about what is wrong about the GOP and how the party needs to redefine itself in order to win on a national stage again. Frankly, our country is much better off with two good strong parties and viable alternatives, but as it is now, the GOP might as well be on Mars.

So what did jindal say of any relevance? Fight fight fight....win win win???I'll be a lot more impressed when he gets down to specifics and still looks like a shining star.

1/27/2013, 12:24 AM
So what did jindal say of any relevance? Fight fight fight....win win win???I'll be a lot more impressed when he gets down to specifics and still looks like a shining star.Think of the 30's, but at least without the Dust Bowl.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/27/2013, 01:38 AM
The pubs need to shed RINOs like Jindal and stick with the Rick Santorums and the Michele Bachmanns.

1/27/2013, 01:53 AM
Thanks, democrats. For all you do, this country's for you. Enjoy the little utopia you've created. You've had the excitement, the glory and the music, and now all the millions will experience the heat.

XingTheRubicon
1/27/2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks, democrats. For all you do, this country's for you. Enjoy the little utopia you've created. You've had the excitement, the glory and the music, and now all the millions will experience the heat.

Exactly. Especially for the poor and lower middle class that waddled out of their caves to vote...for this. The rest of us will be enjoying the fruits of our labor while you sit alone...still poor...still stupid...still thinking you actually won something.

lexsooner
1/27/2013, 01:58 PM
Geez, now there is not only screeching on the ground but also the flailing of arms because you imagine you are being attacked. If this is not rock bottom, I don't what is. Is it that hard to discuss what is wrong with one's party and how to possibly remedy what ails it? Or does that just hurt too much?

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 02:14 PM
Whose got the problem? I see one party fighting each other over what they believe is right while the other party's members all follow each other like a bunch mindless idiots.

XingTheRubicon
1/27/2013, 05:07 PM
Geez, now there is not only screeching on the ground but also the flailing of arms because you imagine you are being attacked. If this is not rock bottom, I don't what is. Is it that hard to discuss what is wrong with one's party and how to possibly remedy what ails it? Or does that just hurt too much?

Let me help...

In contrast, the Democratic Party has had no analogous movement to animate it. Instead, every four years party loyalists throw themselves behind a presidential candidate who they believe will deliver them from the rising conservative tide. After the election, they go back to whatever they were doing before. Other Democrats have involved themselves in single-issue politics -- the environment, campaign finance, the war in Iraq and so on -- but these battles have failed to build a political movement. Issues rise and fall, depending on which interests are threatened and when. They can even divide Democrats, as each advocacy group scrambles after the same set of liberal donors and competes for the limited attention of the news media.

As a result, Democrats have been undisciplined, intimidated or just plain silent. They have few dedicated sources of money, and almost no ground troops. The religious left is disconnected from the political struggle. One hears few liberal Democratic phrases that are repeated with any regularity. In addition, there is no consistent Democratic world view or ideology. Most Congressional Democrats raise their own money, do their own polls and vote every which way. Democrats have little or no clear identity except by reference to what conservatives say about them.

As we head into the next wave of primaries, the Democratic candidates should pay close attention to what Republicans have learned about winning elections.

from the NY Times - 2004

I know from watching MSNBC, you must be convinced that the foodstamp party will never lose another national election, but history tells us a different story. From 1980, Pubs win 3 generals in a row, dems win 2, pubs win 2, dems win 2...and during every one of those 4 streaks, no shortage of idiots would come out of the woodwork and claim the other party is dead.

1/27/2013, 05:24 PM
Whose got the problem? I see one party fighting each other over what they believe is right while the other party's members all follow each other like a bunch mindless idiots.the followers of that party are oblivious as to what is going on, yet they think they are the enlightened ones, and are on the road to a better society, country, world.

The economy is constantly under attack from the Left, and continues to falter. The Left thinks they have introduced America to a Better Way...for now.

FaninAma
1/27/2013, 05:30 PM
The Democratic coalition is fragile. There are several competing components. Unions v. Environmentalists. Pro-illegal immigration ethnicities v. Lower socioeconomic ethnicities who don't need the competition for jobs. Blue collar families v. Academic elitists.

The gun control issue is already revealing deep fractures in their coalition.

1/27/2013, 05:38 PM
The Democratic coalition is fragile. There are several competing components. Unions v. Environmentalists. Pro-illegal immigration ethnicities v. Lower socioeconomic ethnicities who don't need the competition for jobs. Blue collar families v. Academic elitists.

The gun control issue is already howing deep fractures in their coalition.They own control of the MSM, Public Schools, Entertainment Industry, and now the government. They could have control of the vote itself. (either that, or the voters have gone to the side of looking for the govt. to take care of everything, practically speaking)

FaninAma
1/27/2013, 05:55 PM
They own control of the MSM, Public Schools, Entertainment Industry, and now the government. They could have control of the vote itself. (either that, or the voters have gone to the side of looking for the govt. to take care of everything, practically speaking)

if there is control of the electoral process it is not a political party who possess that control. The GOP and Democrats are just the tools of a permanent ruling class in this country.

rock on sooner
1/27/2013, 06:08 PM
I don't know the 30 Pub governor and each of their stances, but it seems to me that
they have more than likely moved away from the far right and become somewhat
more moderate, out of necessity. After all, the Pubs have lost the popular vote 5
out of the last 6 general elections. This past one the TPer's lost, I think, 10 races
that they were in. The Pubs had some real rocket scientists in two states for Senate.

The Pub leaders are talking about some sensible moves on immigration reform, additional
revenues (if more spending cuts are included), SOME gun issues, even at the risk of ticking
off the NRA.

Now I know this board, a self proclaimed conservative hoard, right now is still talking the same
as before the election, mostly because I can read and comprehend. The hard truth is that if
the Pubs don't find a way to move away from the 47% idea, continue to ignore the Latinos
and African Americans and embrace, AS THEIR OWN, smart ideas about immigration, guns,
entitlement, renewable energy, big banking among many other issues then Jindal will be proved
to be prescient. Colin Powell, Marco Rubio, hell, even Lindsay Graham have pointed these things
out. Remember, Pubs, Clinton's second term? He co-opted Pub ideas as his own and got a lot
done, even balanced budgets...22 million jobs created etc. Now, I know there is a LOT of smart
people on this board, a lot moreso than I, but, imo, you sure don't talk (or type) like it. Jus sayin...

FaninAma
1/27/2013, 06:14 PM
Can you name a GOP governor that has moved to become more moderate? Is it Governor Walker of Wisconsin who just crushed public sector unions in his state? How about the Governor of Michigan who just passed Right to Work in one of the most heavily unionized states in the country? And those are 2 blue states. A moderate in a red state woulddn't even sniff the general election because they would get hammered in the primaries.

Curly Bill
1/27/2013, 06:24 PM
The donks have done well nationally because the pubs have run some pretty bad candidates, Romney included. All this talk about the pubs needing to change philosophy and so on, is largely a bunch of crap! Just run some candidates that can talk without saying something totally stupid, and who don't suck!

Curly Bill
1/27/2013, 06:25 PM
That being said: There are some things the pubs should change - like staying out of people's bedrooms, and getting away from their overly strident stances on some social issues.

rock on sooner
1/27/2013, 06:43 PM
The donks have done well nationally because the pubs have run some pretty bad candidates, Romney included. All this talk about the pubs needing to change philosophy and so on, is largely a bunch of crap! Just run some candidates that can talk without saying something totally stupid, and who don't suck!

As I said in my post, I don't know the 30 Pub governors. One of the two
you mentioned, Walker, survived a recall by being able to raise UNLIMITED
outside money, and he did, outspending his opponent seven to one. Oh, did
I mention the reason was the WI rules stated that he could while it restricted
his opponent? Don't know much about MI, but OH guv got kicked around on
much the same issue as Walker.

Having said that, Fan, you and CB both make my case. Fellas, ya gotta change
your thinkin! (CB, your later post, #25, shows yer gettin there, imo....)

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 06:51 PM
Uh,,,,,why? To conform?

Curly Bill
1/27/2013, 06:54 PM
I'm not getting anywhere BTW...I've always believed pubs should focus on the economy, and the ol limited government thing.

rock on sooner
1/27/2013, 07:04 PM
I'm not getting anywhere BTW...I've always believed pubs should focus on the economy, and the ol limited government thing.

Good on ya!

lexsooner
1/27/2013, 07:09 PM
That being said: There are some things the pubs should change - like staying out of people's bedrooms, and getting away from their overly strident stances on some social issues.

Yup, that would be a great start. And a return to being the party of fiscal responsibility -in practice. The deficit is one of the great crises of this generation and I am not happy with Obama's spending and handling of this issue, but I just have not seen the Pubs as a reasonable alternative. With all due respect, when a party looks to someone of the caliber of Palin and a pundit who mostly wants to make money as their voices, it has completely lost its way. Why should I support a party whose followers accuse me of being an entitlement bum when I get up at five thirty in the morning to work and I pay my fair share of taxes? Can you comprehend how the GOP has lost its way when it spews such garbage?

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 07:15 PM

Again,,,why? Just shut it on certain Issues because its taboo to speak about such awful things as your BELIEFS! Guess Santorum should of just shut his mouth. :mad:

Curly Bill
1/27/2013, 07:22 PM

Again,,,why? Just shut it on certain Issues because its taboo to speak about such awful things as your BELIEFS! Guess Santorum should of just shut his mouth. :mad:

Do the pubs want to do better in national elections? If so, then yes! I personally don't want the donks in control of the White House and the Senate! It seems some pubs would rather cut off their nose to spite their face as the old saying goes!

rock on sooner
1/27/2013, 07:28 PM

Well, Okiewalker, imo, Santorum SHOULD keep his mouth shut, and
I'm in IA,(in case you forgot who put him forward).

okie52
1/27/2013, 07:32 PM
Yup, that would be a great start. And a return to being the party of fiscal responsibility -in practice. The deficit is one of the great crises of this generation and I am not happy with Obama's spending and handling of this issue, but I just have not seen the Pubs as a reasonable alternative. With all due respect, when a party looks to someone of the caliber of Palin and a pundit who mostly wants to make money as their voices, it has completely lost its way. Why should I support a party whose followers accuse me of being an entitlement bum when I get up at five thirty in the morning to work and I pay my fair share of taxes? Can you comprehend how the GOP has lost its way when it spews such garbage?

Nothing wrong with a pundit wanting to make money unless it's at taxpayer expense. Most of us want to make money. Did Palin run in 2012?

So you get up at 5:30 to work and pay your fair share of taxes...just what is your fair share? Did your marginal rate just increase? Are you an entitlement bum? Do you find it fiscally sound to raise tax rates where it decreases tax revenues just to be "fair"? Do you find it appealing to outsource American jobs by presidential decree? Do you support tax breaks for some people regardless of income? Does that kind of fiscal responsibility appeal to you?

1/27/2013, 07:44 PM
if there is control of the electoral process it is not a political party who possess that control. The GOP and Democrats are just the tools of a permanent ruling class in this country.Well, it certainly is NOT the republicans, and is not those governed by the Constitution of the USA. There are some republicans who are okay with not running the country how it was founded, but nearly the entirety of the democrats in government is so oriented.

As far as the electoral process being corrupt, I believe it is, but to what degree I certainly can't say. I am equally concerned with too many voters just wanting the government to run their lives and take care of them. Voting for perceived govt. largess, above all else.

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 07:48 PM
Well, Okiewalker, imo, Santorum SHOULD keep his mouth shut, and
I'm in IA,(in case you forgot who put him forward).

Ya got any good reasons Santorum SHOULD have kept his mouth shut?

1/27/2013, 07:59 PM
NM

lexsooner
1/27/2013, 08:15 PM
Nothing wrong with a pundit wanting to make money unless it's at taxpayer expense. Most of us want to make money. Did Palin run in 2012?

So you get up at 5:30 to work and pay your fair share of taxes...just what is your fair share? Did your marginal rate just increase? Are you an entitlement bum? Do you find it fiscally sound to raise tax rates where it decreases tax revenues just to be "fair"? Do you find it appealing to outsource American jobs by presidential decree? Do you support tax breaks for some people regardless of income? Does that kind of fiscal responsibility appeal to you?

No, but there is something wrong with a party whose members declare this media pundit as one of its leaders when he is just a pundit and nothing more. It never occurred to some of his followers that his show is there to sell stuff and he and his handlers worry about ratings and market share like a pure businessman, so he spoons feeds his listeners what his market researchers decide will be palatable and well-received. Imagine if Donk followers declared Bill Maher or Rachel Maddow as among their leaders. Absurb, right? That's my whole point about Limbaugh. As far as Palin, she has thankfully disappeared the last couple of years, but it is a fact that she has been a huge voice and leader in the GOP in recent years. As far as your other questions, we ain't playing 20 questions. I will say that I pay what is owed based on my tax bracket and I have few write offs other than charitable giving which is my choice. I've never collected any entitlement money, not even one worker's comp claim or unemployment check. I'm a lucky man who works and pays what I owe under the law. But to some who do not agree with my politics, I'm just an unemployed entitlement bum by association. Can you see what Jindal, Powell, and Graham are getting at about the GOP party line? That is whole effin point of this thread.

FaninAma
1/27/2013, 08:21 PM
Rockon, so Obama won because he outspent Romney?
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-has-outspent-romney-2-to-1-in-key-swing-states/article/2508244#.UQXTgny9KSM

I. guess walker should have just allowed the unions to get away with murder like they always do by not fighting back. I'll support hard limits on fundraising when the unions are limited on how much time and manpower they coerce out of their union members on behalf of the democrats.

okie52
1/27/2013, 08:38 PM
No, but there is something wrong with a party whose members declare this media pundit as one of its leaders when he is just a pundit and nothing more. It never occurred to some of his followers that his show is there to sell stuff and he and his handlers worry about ratings and market share like a pure businessman, so he spoons feeds his listeners what his market researchers decide will be palatable and well-received. Imagine if Donk followers declared Bill Maher or Rachel Maddow as among their leaders. Absurb, right? That's my whole point about Limbaugh. As far as Palin, she has thankfully disappeared the last couple of years, but it is a fact that she has been a huge voice and leader in the GOP in recent years. As far as your other questions, we ain't playing 20 questions. I will say that I pay what is owed based on my tax bracket and I have few write offs other than charitable giving which is my choice. I've never collected any entitlement money, not even one worker's comp claim or unemployment check. I'm a lucky man who works and pays what I owe under the law. But to some who do not agree with my politics, I'm just an unemployed entitlement bum by association. Can you see what Jindal, Powell, and Graham are getting at about the GOP party line? That is whole effin point of this thread.

Hell, I thought you were talking about Romney not limbaugh...lol. Some pubs think dems are entitlement lovers while some dems think pubs only favor the rich. Pretty broad strokes there.

If the pubs find a way to soft pedal hard facts I'm all for it...if its to the point where they have to sell out like the dems to the detriment of the country just to win an election then what have they won?

rock on sooner
1/27/2013, 09:04 PM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-has-outspent-romney-2-to-1-in-key-swing-states/article/2508244#.UQXTgny9KSM

I. guess walker should have just allowed the unions to get away with murder like they always do by not fighting back. I'll support hard limits on fundraising when the unions are limited on how much time and manpower they coerce out of their union members on behalf of the democrats.

I never said anything about Obama and Romney, but, if you're going to
somehow defend Walker's fundraising, wow, I got nothin...

And, Okiewalker, if you followed Santorum in IA and his stance on so
many social issues, then you'd know why I say that. Now, sad thing
is, he started out making some sense (to this Dem) then kept running
his mouth to court the hard right and he dropped off the planet, the
one of common sense...

1/27/2013, 09:05 PM
No, but there is something wrong with a party whose members declare this media pundit as one of its leaders when he is just a pundit and nothing more. It never occurred to some of his followers that his show is there to sell stuff and he and his handlers worry about ratings and market share like a pure businessman, so he spoons feeds his listeners what his market researchers decide will be palatable and well-received. Imagine if Donk followers declared Bill Maher or Rachel Maddow as among their leaders. Absurb, right? That's my whole point about Limbaugh. As far as Palin, she has thankfully disappeared the last couple of years, but it is a fact that she has been a huge voice and leader in the GOP in recent years. As far as your other questions, we ain't playing 20 questions. I will say that I pay what is owed based on my tax bracket and I have few write offs other than charitable giving which is my choice. I've never collected any entitlement money, not even one worker's comp claim or unemployment check. I'm a lucky man who works and pays what I owe under the law. But to some who do not agree with my politics, I'm just an unemployed entitlement bum by association. Can you see what Jindal, Powell, and Graham are getting at about the GOP party line? That is whole effin point of this thread.This is a very silly thread. You don't know jack about the Limbaugh show, obviously, and shouldn't pretend you do. The man does believe in the Constitution and laws as they were established. For you to pretend he doesn't is hard to fathom, really.

1/27/2013, 09:06 PM
If the pubs find a way to soft pedal hard facts I'm all for it...if its to the point where they have to sell out like the dems to the detriment of the country just to win an election then what have they won?How difficult is that to understand?

FaninAma
1/27/2013, 09:52 PM
Lexsooner, Midtown, Rockon, Driver, and all the rest of the progressive party supporters on the board:Will you admit that the Democrats are part of the problem with what is going on withthe debt? I'll admit the GOP has played a role. Lets hear those mea culpas.

FaninAma
1/27/2013, 09:57 PM

one of common sense...
I'm not defending it. I am saying I don't expect the GOP to unilaterally disarm when the Dems either do the same thing or they use the manpower of the special interest groups that aren't included in dollar calculations of assets that go to support the Democratic Party. If you can't understand that then , wow, I got nothin.

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 10:00 PM
Lexsooner, Midtown, Rockon, and all the rest of the progressive party supporters on the board:Will you admit that the Democrats are part of the problem with what is going on withthe debt? I'll admit the GOP has played a role. Lets hear those mea culpas.

Ill take the liberty. No they won't cause liprogdems take NO responsibility in anything,,,,,it's always the fault of someone else,,,ALWAYS. They are never culpable for anything. I know them like I was married to one er sumpin.

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 10:05 PM

one of common sense...

Reason he quit making sense to ya cause he was making sense

lexsooner
1/27/2013, 10:07 PM
Lexsooner, Midtown, Rockon, Driver, and all the rest of the progressive party supporters on the board:Will you admit that the Democrats are part of the problem with what is going on withthe debt? I'll admit the GOP has played a role. Lets hear those mea culpas.

Of course they are. Both parties have to reward the interests of those who got them into office so they both spend money like it is going out of style. It's politics, except we now have the deficit which will eat this country alive if we don't do something. I sure don't like the way the Donks spend money and their support of the unions, but what is the alternative? Give me some good options and I will consider them.

FaninAma
1/27/2013, 10:14 PM
Of course they are. Both parties have to reward the interests of those who got them into office so they both spend money like it is going out of style. It's politics, except we now have the deficit which will eat this country alive if we don't do something. I sure don't like the way the Donks spend money and their support of the unions, but what is the alternative? Give me some good options and I will consider them.
A party that shows a pulse in thearea of wanting to cut spending would be a good start.

What do you do to show your displeasure? I supported Ron Paul and I called all of my elected federal office holders who all are GOP and told them I thought they spent too much and that the military should be cut along with everything else.

I also voted for only politicians that voted to cut spending as verified by their voting record.

Fraggle145
1/27/2013, 10:28 PM

Yes. Our elected officials and we the people are all culpable. I found this article kind of interesting. http://thebreakthrough.org/index.php/journal/issue-3/wicked-polarization/ It has some good and bad points.

Fraggle145
1/27/2013, 10:30 PM
A party that shows a pulse in thearea of wanting to cut spending would be a good start.

What do you do to show your displeasure? I supported Ron Paul and I called all of my elected federal office holders who all are GOP and told them I thought they spent too much and that the military should be cut along with everything else.

I also voted for only politicians that voted to cut spending as verified by their voting record.

I voted against all incumbents, save for the president. I voted for him because keeping a democrat in office keeps science funding higher, which means more potential jobs for me as I (finally) enter the job market.

FaninAma
1/27/2013, 10:45 PM
I voted against all incumbents, save for the president. I voted for him because keeping a democrat in office keeps science funding higher, which means more potential jobs for me as I (finally) enter the job market.
The problem is if we don't get a handle on entitlement spending I am afraid spending on research is going to lose out. We all agree that spending has to be cut so the trillion dollar question for you is will Obama support cutting entitlements before research funding.

BTW, i think military spending probably ecompasses quite a bit of research funding especially in the aerospace industry. I think that type of research funding will get slashed if Obama has his way.

Soonerjeepman
1/28/2013, 12:25 AM
another thread where a pseudo pub says the party is broken...and the libs jump for joy. The Rep need to tell all these jackwipes to shove it.

We lost the pres race by 2-3% points. I still contend a lot of conservatives didn't vote because of Romney, not the party.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/28/2013, 02:10 AM
another thread where a pseudo pub says the party is broken...and the libs jump for joy. The Rep need to tell all these jackwipes to shove it.

We lost the pres race by 2-3% points. I still contend a lot of conservatives didn't vote because of Romney, not the party.

yeah, pseudo pub, I called him a RINO, but I got to agree. Stick with the Santorums and the Bachmanns - the real pubs. Maybe Rand Paul sometime down the line.

okie52
1/28/2013, 05:25 AM

It would seem opportunities in your field are "drying up". Better "pray" for rain.

okie52
1/28/2013, 05:27 AM
yeah, pseudo pub, I called him a RINO, but I got to agree. Stick with the Santorums and the Bachmanns - the real pubs. Maybe Rand Paul sometime down the line.

How is rand on illegal immigration? Is he as tough as his father? Would you vote for him if he was?

sappstuf
1/28/2013, 06:01 AM
As I said in my post, I don't know the 30 Pub governors. One of the two
you mentioned, Walker, survived a recall by being able to raise UNLIMITED
outside money, and he did, outspending his opponent seven to one. Oh, did
I mention the reason was the WI rules stated that he could while it restricted
his opponent? Don't know much about MI, but OH guv got kicked around on
much the same issue as Walker.

Having said that, Fan, you and CB both make my case. Fellas, ya gotta change
your thinkin! (CB, your later post, #25, shows yer gettin there, imo....)

The Dems knew the rules going in. They could have waited for his term to be up and played on equal ground. They decided to push forward instead.

Why do you think that state rule should be held against Walker?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/28/2013, 08:58 AM
How is rand on illegal immigration? Is he as tough as his father? Would you vote for him if he was?

Do you mean tall fences and wide doors?

rock on sooner
1/28/2013, 09:05 AM
The Dems knew the rules going in. They could have waited for his term to be up and played on equal ground. They decided to push forward instead.

Why do you think that state rule should be held against Walker?

The state rule shouldn't be held against Walker, the rule should be changed
to allow for an even playing field and not have to wait for the term to end, imo.

Fan, there is no doubt that the Dems bear a lot of responsibilty for the spending
issues in our gov't. If you look back over the threads where we were talking about
different plans to fix the debt and deficit, I put forth several different ideas about
cutting spending...in Washington, in earmarks, in the military and at state levels.
I even went so far as to send those ideas to my representatives, the Democratic
Party, THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, (Priebus, in particular), to newspapers, to most
anyone who would listen. Dint do a damn bit of good, 'cept I felt better after having
done it.

Sincerely, this is an everybody's problem and it takes every body working, thinking,
talking, acting together. Name calling and finger pointing are counter productive, but
that still seems to be most prevalent.

rock on sooner
1/28/2013, 09:08 AM
Reason he quit making sense to ya cause he was making sense

Heh, nah, it wuz because his screeching went beyond my range of hearing.

Fraggle145
1/28/2013, 09:23 AM
The problem is if we don't get a handle on entitlement spending I am afraid spending on research is going to lose out. We all agree that spending has to be cut so the trillion dollar question for you is will Obama support cutting entitlements before research funding.

BTW, i think military spending probably ecompasses quite a bit of research funding especially in the aerospace industry. I think that type of research funding will get slashed if Obama has his way.

I doubt either party will seriously cut entitlement spending. Neither has in forever.

Fraggle145
1/28/2013, 09:24 AM
It would seem opportunities in your field are "drying up". Better "pray" for rain.

Why do you gotta be a dick about it?

okie52
1/28/2013, 09:45 AM
Why do you gotta be a dick about it?

Sorry, Fraggle, I didn't realize it was that serious for you. I hope it's not anyway.

Fraggle145
1/28/2013, 11:46 AM
Sorry, Fraggle, I didn't realize it was that serious for you. I hope it's not anyway.

Its about to be... Not a lot of jobs out there. And I am trying to find one right now. I have until May. Got a wife and baby to feed. Wish me luck!

Midtowner
1/28/2013, 11:49 AM

Of course Democrats are a part of the problem.

Midtowner
1/28/2013, 11:50 AM
Its about to be... Not a lot of jobs out there. And I am trying to find one right now. I have until May. Got a wife and baby to feed. Wish me luck!

There's a reason why many folks refer to PhDs as post hole diggers.

Good luck out there.

okie52
1/28/2013, 11:51 AM

Are you presently working at a biostation at Texoma? Are there no jobs there?

pphilfran
1/28/2013, 12:53 PM
Good luck, Frag...

lexsooner
1/28/2013, 02:13 PM

No, Romney lost by 126 electoral votes, 332 to 206. It was not a landslide, but Romney was nevertheless soundly defeated. See, we don't decide Prez elections based on popular vote in this country. And by the way, the margin was actually about 4%, which is deceptive because Romney won by a large vote count in a number of red states not in play. The electoral vote margin tells the story of the election: not close. Your childish reaction is what Jindal and other Pubs are warning against.

Fraggle145
1/28/2013, 02:20 PM
Are you presently working at a biostation at Texoma? Are there no jobs there?

Not as much anymore. I'm in Norman primarily now. The biostation jobs for researchers are largely temporary and almost completely grant dependent. I Have to find a researcher someplace that has a grant currently with money for a researcher. That's usually the next step in the chain. Unless I can find a job working for the government or get really really lucky and land an associate prof job.

Fraggle145
1/28/2013, 02:21 PM
Good luck, Frag...

Thanks Man!

okie52
1/28/2013, 03:04 PM
Not as much anymore. I'm in Norman primarily now. The biostation jobs for researchers are largely temporary and almost completely grant dependent. I Have to find a researcher someplace that has a grant currently with money for a researcher. That's usually the next step in the chain. Unless I can find a job working for the government or get really really lucky and land an associate prof job.

Good luck with your search.

lexsooner
1/28/2013, 03:42 PM

Yes, best of luck. Things are tight right now with scientific funding. It's been that way for a while. It should be noted that what people in other countries admire most about this country and wish to emulate is our prowess in science and research, one area in which we still lead the rest of the world by a long ways - as long as we value and fund it.

FaninAma
1/28/2013, 05:14 PM
Yes, best of luck. I always thought the Feds should plow a lot more money into scientific research. Just think of the accomplishments that would have benefitted all of mankind including the poor if the amount of money budgeted for research had been double or triple what it has been. Instead we prefer to subsidize ignorance and poverty with our federal payments.

Midtowner
1/28/2013, 05:17 PM
The masses demand bread and circuses.