PDA

View Full Version : Since we talking Food Yall like Eggs benidict?

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 01:04 PM
I love em but theres not any place around here that serves em .
Thunder and I went to breakfast at " Jimmys Egg" one Sunday morning after a Game, I had em there . Got me to cravin em so I found out how to make the sauce . Then Found Knorrs sauce mix and used that instead. I have em at least twice a week now' Good dayum stuff

Supposedly ya can buy this at the Wally Weird, I wouldnt ,I ordered it from Amazon, I get the Canadian bacon and the english muffins at the grocery store

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Md-a-%2BDrL._AA160_.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
1/25/2013, 04:48 PM
so that's why you got your egg poacher

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 04:50 PM
so that's why you got your egg poacher

Naw, I like poached eggs on toast also too. ate a bunch after i got that. then got to thinkin about the benidict. Found that sauce mix and I been piggin out

C&CDean
1/25/2013, 05:36 PM
You know that hollandaise is chink for "whale sperm" don't ya?

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 05:37 PM

Heh. :highly_amused:

SoonerInFortSmith
1/25/2013, 09:59 PM
Did ya ever make it over here to Bob Evans and try theirs?

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 10:04 PM
Did ya ever make it over here to Bob Evans and try theirs?

Naw. usually Im at the VA and I just wanta get the hell home after that.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/25/2013, 10:16 PM
Quit yer dayum bellyachin and get over here and eat breakfast with me:D

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 10:28 PM
Quit yer dayum bellyachin and get over here and eat breakfast with me:D

:encouragement:

Killerbees
1/26/2013, 07:09 AM
I thought hollandaise was just a bit of egg yolk and warmed butter blended together? Why would you buy that?

olevetonahill
1/26/2013, 07:33 AM
I thought hollandaise was just a bit of egg yolk and warmed butter blended together? Why would you buy that?

Yea, OK
here
Ingredients

3 egg yolks
1 teapsoon water
1/4 teaspoon sugar
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

Pour 1-inch of water into a large saucepan; over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to low.

Place egg yolks and 1 teaspoon water in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until mixture lightens in color, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sugar and whisk for another 30 seconds.

Place the mixture over the simmering water and whisk constantly for 3 to 5 minutes, or until there is a clear line that is drawn in the mixture when you pull your whisk through, or the mixture coats the back of a spoon.

Remove the bowl from over the pan and gradually add the butter, 1 piece at a time, and whisk until all of the butter is incorporated. Place the bowl back over the simmering water occasionally so that it will be warm enough the melt the butter. Add the salt, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately or hold in a thermos to keep warm.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/26/2013, 11:10 AM
All this talk about eggs benedict and whale sperm naturally leads to the question, What do you get when you cross a chicken and a whale?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/26/2013, 11:14 AM
A dead chicken with a hole this big:

http://www.segunleefrench.com/images/black_circle_big.gif

yermom
1/26/2013, 11:25 AM
Canadian bacon can suck it.

has anything good ever come out of Canadia?

Killerbees
1/26/2013, 06:48 PM
Yea, OK
here
Ingredients

3 egg yolks
1 teapsoon water
1/4 teaspoon sugar
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

Pour 1-inch of water into a large saucepan; over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to low.

Place egg yolks and 1 teaspoon water in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until mixture lightens in color, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sugar and whisk for another 30 seconds.

Place the mixture over the simmering water and whisk constantly for 3 to 5 minutes, or until there is a clear line that is drawn in the mixture when you pull your whisk through, or the mixture coats the back of a spoon.

Remove the bowl from over the pan and gradually add the butter, 1 piece at a time, and whisk until all of the butter is incorporated. Place the bowl back over the simmering water occasionally so that it will be warm enough the melt the butter. Add the salt, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately or hold in a thermos to keep warm.

you could just skip all that, and add all that stuff but the butter to a blender and blend for a couple mins, heat the butter in a pan and slowly drizzle it into the blender while it does its thing. works just fine.

King Crimson
1/27/2013, 08:46 AM
get a Braun or cheapo immersion stick blender and a bar style bar beer pitcher.....that's how this thing works easy. let the eggs get to room temp....heck, you can make aioli and real mayo out the wazoo. that's all hollandaise is really. sboom. catch phrase. a little tabasco. whoo.

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 12:20 PM
Had the eggs Benedict from Jimmy's Egg couple a months ago,,,pretty good. Lately been ordering something new they put on their menu,,it's 2 biscuits with sausage patties and fried eggs on top all covered with Gravy, and fried taters on the side.

okiewaker
1/27/2013, 12:55 PM
Since we're talking food, am I outa line saying it'd be kinda cool to have a food forum? Vets yolk sauce recipe could be the start :cool:

SanJoaquinSooner
1/27/2013, 01:46 PM
Since we're talking food, am I outa line saying it'd be kinda cool to have a food forum? Vets yolk sauce recipe could be the start :cool:

I vaguely recall The Power That Be said we didn't need one ... something along the lines of all the food discussion that needs to be done has already been done.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/27/2013, 05:28 PM
The guys talking about blender hollandaise?

Yeah. It's a no brainer.

KantoSooner
1/28/2013, 10:03 AM
Yes. Yes I do like eggs benedict.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/28/2013, 01:56 PM
I don't always eat eggs benedict.

But when I do, I prefer ninjas.

Fraggle145
1/28/2013, 02:06 PM

Now that made me ****ing laugh.

Fraggle145
1/28/2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah wisking that **** by hand is a bitch.