PDA

View Full Version : Softball gets big transfer from Arizona

Salt City Sooner
1/24/2013, 10:47 PM
Eligible immediately too:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/012413aab.html

ouflak
1/25/2013, 03:16 AM
This is a great get no doubt. But there's something odd going on a Arizona. I started poking around trying to figure why a stud like this would transfer away from what is normally a pretty good softball program. In the last year, four freshman female athletes have transferred away from Arizona, 2 basketball players and a projected 4 year starter at Volleyball. All have been given immediate releases and, from what I've been able to research, have been given immediate eligibility at their new schools, something the NCAA rarely allows. I wonder what's up?

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 07:39 PM
This is a great get no doubt. But there's something odd going on a Arizona. I started poking around trying to figure why a stud like this would transfer away from what is normally a pretty good softball program. In the last year, four freshman female athletes have transferred away from Arizona, 2 basketball players and a projected 4 year starter at Volleyball. All have been given immediate releases and, from what I've been able to research, have been given immediate eligibility at their new schools, something the NCAA rarely allows. I wonder what's up?

That does seem odd. Let us know if you find anything.

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 07:40 PM
Eligible immediately too:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/012413aab.html

This could be "the year". I don't follow softball closely (until tournament play), but if I'm remembering correctly, it could very well be OU/Bama again in the WCWS final.

tycat947
1/29/2013, 05:53 PM
This could be "the year". I don't follow softball closely (until tournament play), but if I'm remembering correctly, it could very well be OU/Bama again in the WCWS final.

Although Bama returns their pitcher, I think they graduated quite a few hitters. We were soooo close last year and I sure hope we can bring the trophy back to Norman will all the returning starters and the addition of Shelby to the line-up.

FaninAma
2/3/2013, 09:17 PM
I think OU wins last year if it doesn't rain.

C&CDean
2/5/2013, 04:53 PM
I think OU wins last year if it doesn't rain.

Yeah that...and if we'd have scored a couple more runs...

It rained on both teams, the bammers just had fun with it and we didn't.

FaninAma
2/7/2013, 02:34 PM
Yeah that...and if we'd have scored a couple more runs...

It rained on both teams, the bammers just had fun with it and we didn't.

I was listening to the game on my way back from a gig in Missouri and the height of the rain happened when OU was in the field. Killani had big control issues because of footing and trying to grip a wet ball. After that inning she just seemed to have lost her confidence. Gasso had to throw a tantrum top get the umps to suspend the game until the rain quit.

It was just one of those games. OU hit the Bama itcher but it was usually right at somebody.