PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys want 2014 recruiting info?

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 07:34 PM
I'm staying in-tune with the 2014 class, but honestly I could care less about it right now. If you guys are interested, I'll make a thread for just 2014 stuff (and sticky it), otherwise, I'll wait until after NSD (February 7).

BoomerJ
1/24/2013, 07:43 PM
That's cool. Do you know when they rescheduled the Junior Day for and are they're many names expected you're excited about.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/24/2013, 07:51 PM
I only have heard about one kid that has committed for the 2014 class. i know we had another that not only decommitted, but went orange aggy T-boner on us. I wouldn't be upset, FWIW , if you waited til after NSD to start with the 2014 class.

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 08:00 PM
That's cool. Do you know when they rescheduled the Junior Day for and are they're many names expected you're excited about.

February 4.

There are a couple of guys I'm very interested in:

LB Cameron Hampton (Dallas/Carter)
S Steven Parker (Jenks, Okla./Jenks)

Parker is this years "should be a slam dunk" recruits (we'll see), but I'm most anxious to hear about Hampton. Both of these guys have offers already, and Hampton is good enough to start as a true freshman.

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 08:01 PM
I only have heard about one kid that has committed for the 2014 class. i know we had another that not only decommitted, but went orange aggy T-boner on us. I wouldn't be upset, FWIW , if you waited til after NSD to start with the 2014 class.

Yep, only one commit right now. I'll probably wait (it's only a couple of weeks), just can't get too excited about 2014 while the 2013 class isn't even complete.

Soonerjeepman
1/25/2013, 12:03 PM
will they be better than THIS yrs class..? ya know how I feel about this yrs class...I kid.. ;-)

Maybe OU needs to get back to the 2/3 occasional 4 star guys that are hungry. I'm excited for next yr, course I always say that a month or two after fball is over~

8timechamps
1/25/2013, 06:34 PM
will they be better than THIS yrs class..? ya know how I feel about this yrs class...I kid.. ;-)

Maybe OU needs to get back to the 2/3 occasional 4 star guys that are hungry. I'm excited for next yr, course I always say that a month or two after fball is over~

I think I'm most interested in what Kish/M. Stoops do in 2014. There will be no 'former coach' excuses for the next recruiting cycle, so it'll (the defensive recruits) be all on those two.

Another name I'm watching is:

RB - Nathan Starks (6'1", 195 - Bishop Gorman/Las Vegas, NV): Same school that produced Murray (same position coach). He's already said OU will be in his top schools. He's going to be heavily recruited.

OUster
1/25/2013, 10:42 PM
Starks is the real deal. Friends and family out Vegas way inform me he is definitely an OU lean. Big AD fan!

Soonerjeepman
1/25/2013, 11:48 PM
I think I'm most interested in what Kish/M. Stoops do in 2014. There will be no 'former coach' excuses for the next recruiting cycle, so it'll (the defensive recruits) be all on those two.

Another name I'm watching is:

RB - Nathan Starks (6'1", 195 - Bishop Gorman/Las Vegas, NV): Same school that produced Murray (same position coach). He's already said OU will be in his top schools. He's going to be heavily recruited.

nice...another Murray would be great! I agree, interested in what Stoops can bring.

I've heard, through these boards...that Stoops concentrates more on DB's vs BV focused more on LBrs'...I can understand that due to their background...is that where you think Stoops will focus?

8timechamps
1/26/2013, 04:55 PM
nice...another Murray would be great! I agree, interested in what Stoops can bring.

I've heard, through these boards...that Stoops concentrates more on DB's vs BV focused more on LBrs'...I can understand that due to their background...is that where you think Stoops will focus?

From what I've gathered, Mike is definitely more about DBs. The best part is that they listen to him. BJW/Shipp are the line recruiting guys and Kish is more about the LBs (and apparently WRs - KJ Young). Bob is the closer.

8timechamps
1/26/2013, 04:58 PM
Starks is the real deal. Friends and family out Vegas way inform me he is definitely an OU lean. Big AD fan!

The first time I saw this kid play (one of the ESPN High School broadcasts), I was super impressed. Then, I found out that he was already an OU lean and got more excited. Stoops has done a good job getting in with that program, so that certainly helped. Starks is an AD fan, and comes from the school that produced Murray (and he's old enough to remember him)...both solid points to convince him to be a Sooner.

Scott D
1/26/2013, 08:29 PM
I won't be interested in the 2014 class until people start to panic about it.

8timechamps
1/26/2013, 10:34 PM
I won't be interested in the 2014 class until people start to panic about it.

Well, Signing day is just around the corner...so it won't be long.

8timechamps
1/26/2013, 10:34 PM
UPDATE: Since it looks like most folks would like more information about the 2014 class, I'll post a thread sometime in the next day or two with what I have on the '14 class.

Boomer.....
1/28/2013, 08:37 AM
It's hard enough for me to keep track of this recruiting class, much less next years.

LakeRat
1/28/2013, 01:41 PM
I voted "no", but have turned into a middle ground kinda guy. I like the info on the coaches recruits. Their strengths and weaknesses etc. . . Do you believe Kish will be a good, average, poor, outstanding recruiter? Thanks 8time.

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 02:26 PM
I voted "no", but have turned into a middle ground kinda guy. I like the info on the coaches recruits. Their strengths and weaknesses etc. . . Do you believe Kish will be a good, average, poor, outstanding recruiter? Thanks 8time.

I think he's going to be a good recruiter. I was skeptical, but I'm hearing that he is quickly making inroads in Texas. The 2014 class will tell us a lot.

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 04:07 PM
I just posted the 2014 offers at the top of the page (sticky).

There were a few offers that had already committed elsewhere, so I left them off of the page. Going forward, I will just add the school they commit to, and leave it as it is (also add additional offers as they come in). If there is any big news about a recruit, I'll make a note by their name, and post in the thread (so that you can quickly see the latest additions).

Scott D
1/28/2013, 10:34 PM
So is the 2014 class the worst in Stoops' career yet?