PDA

View Full Version : Les Miles now makes $4.3 million annually

badger
1/24/2013, 03:53 PM
Not winning the conference, not winning the bowl game and being your usual Hat gives you this. (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8876929/les-miles-lsu-tigers-getting-pay-raise-extension)

Getting this in now, before the OU regents give Bob another raise :D

rock on sooner
1/24/2013, 04:07 PM
Bob probably will get another raise, given the reasons they listed
for the Hat...lessee...10 win seasons, conf championships, second
leading coach in wins ...hmmmm...

Curly Bill
1/24/2013, 04:16 PM
Both of em are paid way too damn much! The question is: which one is the most overpaid?

Scott D
1/24/2013, 04:17 PM
Bob probably will get another raise, given the reasons they listed
for the Hat...lessee...10 win seasons, conf championships, second
leading coach in wins ...hmmmm...

Bob would have to be flirting with "major" jobs elsewhere to pull off the shell game that Leslie keeps using on the regents at LSU. And they're dumb enough to keep falling for it.

KantoSooner
1/24/2013, 05:44 PM
Damn, and that man is dumber than a box of rocks.

MyT Oklahoma
1/24/2013, 08:50 PM
Damn, and that man is dumber than a box of rocks.

Apparently dumb rocks are very well paid in Louisiana.

rock on sooner
1/24/2013, 09:35 PM
Apparently dumb rocks are very well paid in Louisiana.

Welp, it IS Louisiana, after all!...

agoo758
1/24/2013, 10:15 PM
HEEEEEEYYYY.....ah, **** it, you guys are right. :P

Sabanball
1/24/2013, 10:42 PM
He underachieved in 2012 but he's still worth every penny of it, IMO. CW is with so many early departures to the NFL draft that they will be down this yr, but I'll predict right now he still wins at least 10 games in 2013.

badger
1/25/2013, 09:20 AM
He underachieved in 2012 but he's still worth every penny of it, IMO. CW is with so many early departures to the NFL draft that they will be down this yr, but I'll predict right now he still wins at least 10 games in 2013.

I know it's the SEC and all, but when is the money train gonna stop for college head coaches? The contracts are usually coach-centric, meaning that the school has little recourse for poor performance unless there's a mistress on the back of a motorcycle.

LakeRat
1/25/2013, 10:55 AM

He will lose to Bama and A&M, is there a 4th team worth anything in the SEC? Fl, would have lost to A&M if Johnny Football had any experience and got whipped like a red headed step child in the bowl. South Carolina should have lost to a very weak Measchigan team.

The top 2 being Bama and A&M are dominant above the rest of the country. But ole miss, miss st, vandy, arky, missouri, are all really really bad. They would be bottom to mid pack, in Big 12, or pac 12.

So I see him winning 10 games by default between OOC and Bowl, and staying 3rd in the SEC.

Sabanball
1/25/2013, 08:17 PM
I know it's the SEC and all, but when is the money train gonna stop for college head coaches? The contracts are usually coach-centric, meaning that the school has little recourse for poor performance unless there's a mistress on the back of a motorcycle.

Head coaches are paid from the athletic depts, which are funded by wealthy donors, endorsement contracts, preferred seating/ ticket revenue, and are self-supporting enterprises. Despite all the myths and misinformation out there, no taxpayer money or other money from the university is used for this. With that being the case, I don't think you'll ever see limits put on what coaches are paid, and I don't think that there ever should be. Les has an outstanding overall record, especially at Tiger Stadium. I don't think you fire the guy for not meeting expectations in just one season, especially when you consider that his losses were all to top 10 teams.

The 'money train' will keep rolling down the tracks.....

8timechamps
1/25/2013, 08:20 PM
They are are grossly overpaid. But, nobody asks me before they write a coaching contract.

As for badger asking when the 'money train' will stop with the college head coaches....never. It's right there with every other major sport in the world.

goingoneight
1/26/2013, 06:29 PM
The money train will stop when the NCAA steps in and places salary caps on coaching contracts. Same for the way they placed scholarship limitations on college football programs.
I, for one would applaud this movement. I love what Bob has done in a decade and a half. That said, 3.5-5 million or higher is just far too much to coach an amateur sport. It will lead to more coaches chasing millions into the NFL; but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

LSUdeek
2/7/2013, 10:47 PM
He will lose to Bama and A&M, is there a 4th team worth anything in the SEC? Fl, would have lost to A&M if Johnny Football had any experience and got whipped like a red headed step child in the bowl. South Carolina should have lost to a very weak Measchigan team.

No. Beat them on their home field, and shut them down in the 2nd half except for the prevent TD at the end. There's nothing to indicate this, especially not since they're coming to Tiger Stadium in 2013. As far as guaranteeing a loss to Bama, well someone hasn't been watching the past few years.