PDA

View Full Version : Late OT offer(s)

8timechamps
1/23/2013, 08:22 PM
The Sooners have offered OT George Adeosum (6'5", 305 lbs) out of Alpharetta High School (Alpharetta, GA). Adeosum is the epitome of "not a big name" recruit. I cannot find an evaluation on the guy, and Scouts, Inc. doesn't have him rated. OU is the biggest program to offer Adeosum (his other offers are from Purdue, Davidson, Georgia State, Howard, Kentucky, Richmond, Virginia and Yale).

I'll post with more info as it becomes available.

Monster Zero
1/23/2013, 08:41 PM
The Sooners have offered OT George Adeosum (6'5", 305 lbs) out of Alpharetta High School (Alpharetta, GA). Adeosum is the epitome of "not a big name" recruit. I cannot find an evaluation on the guy, and Scouts, Inc. doesn't have him rated. OU is the biggest program to offer Adeosum (his other offers are from Purdue, Davidson, Georgia State, Howard, Kentucky, Richmond, Virginia and Yale).

I'll post with more info as it becomes available.

If he's been offered by Howard, Virginia and Yale he most likely won't be an academic risk. (Nothing against all those other schools...)

8timechamps
1/23/2013, 08:43 PM
If he's been offered by Howard, Virginia and Yale he most likely won't be an academic risk. (Nothing against all those other schools...)

Funny, that was one of the first things I thought when I was looking at his lost of offers.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/23/2013, 08:45 PM

Funny, that was one of the first things I thought when I was looking at his lost of offers.

8timechamps however may be an academic risk. Definitely not on the Dean's lost.
:D

boomersooner28
1/24/2013, 11:06 AM
Seems like I may get a scholarship offer pretty soon.

LakeRat
1/24/2013, 11:47 AM
Is this a late find, or a desperation move? I thought we already had a couple oline commits?

Fraggle145
1/24/2013, 12:18 PM

I like us getting more smart kids.

Boomer.....
1/24/2013, 12:37 PM
I like us getting more smart kids.

Stanford sure isn't having any issues with it.

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 02:43 PM
8timechamps however may be an academic risk. Definitely not on the Dean's lost.
:D

Thank the good lord that I don't have to qualify.

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 02:45 PM
Is this a late find, or a desperation move? I thought we already had a couple oline commits?

We do have a couple of OTs already committed, so I think this is a late find. I've seen some film on this kid, and he is very raw, but has the ability to become really good. He's going to be a project (kinda like Farniok)

stoopified
1/24/2013, 03:03 PM
WE need all the bug bodies we can get and it don't hurt if he can boost team GPA'

picasso
1/24/2013, 06:46 PM
Stanford sure isn't having any issues with it.

The team we beat in '09? Agreed.

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 07:15 PM
Add another one:

Kendall Moore (6'5". 260 lbs - Chicago, Illinois) - Moore is a Scouts, Inc. 3-star OT. He is currently a Western Michigan commit, and has offers from UAB, Syracuse, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Miami (OH), Purdue & Western Kentucky.

This makes 28 OT offers this recruiting cycle!

GDC
1/27/2013, 12:54 PM
Is that an unusally high number of offers at 1 position? I guess it's two positions, right and left tackle.
It seems high especially when compared to the low rate of return.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/27/2013, 01:14 PM
The team we beat in '09? Agreed.Stanford has been getting much better, while we've floundered...sorry to have to say.

8timechamps
1/27/2013, 01:44 PM
Is that an unusally high number of offers at 1 position? I guess it's two positions, right and left tackle.
It seems high especially when compared to the low rate of return.

Yes. There have been years in the past that saw some high numbers offered, so it's not completely unseen. Closing in on 30 offers for one position...that's a lot.