PDA

View Full Version : Women Cleared To Serve On The Front Line In The Military

FaninAma
1/23/2013, 03:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-sources-panetta-opens-combat-roles-women-203034238--politics.html

I am quite sure there are women who could handle it but I am not sure the average female military recruit could. I don't buy the claim that the threat of rape should keep women off of the front line becuase from what I have seen most of the Islamists terrorist types swing both ways.

okie52
1/23/2013, 03:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-sources-panetta-opens-combat-roles-women-203034238--politics.html

I am quite sure there are women who could handle it but I am not sure the average female military recruit could. I don't buy the claim that the threat of rape should keep women off of the front line becuase from what I have seen most of the Islamists terrorist types swing both ways.

They should go topless and distract the enemy.

FaninAma
1/23/2013, 04:00 PM

Deleted to uphold some level of decorum.

okie52
1/23/2013, 04:02 PM
Gives a new meaning to the term "Fox hole.".....or maybe not.

I'm guessing that the women on the front lines may remove "fox" from the "hole".

KantoSooner
1/23/2013, 04:03 PM
There have been persistent rumors that Israeli spec ops women have done precisely that. To great effect.

sappstuf
1/23/2013, 04:06 PM

Air Force girls might be able to pull that off.... Army? Ehhhh.

FaninAma
1/23/2013, 04:06 PM
I'm guessing that the women on the front lines may remove "fox" from the "hole".

The "we're just friends" hole. Co-ed hole. Unisex hole. Don't ask, don't tell hole. The more the merrier hole.

olevetonahill
1/23/2013, 04:09 PM
Wimmens should be in support roles ONLY if that.
Hell Lets see em use a slit trench.

sappstuf
1/23/2013, 04:15 PM
Wimmens should be in support roles ONLY if that.
Hell Lets see em use a slit trench.

Sammich support...

olevetonahill
1/23/2013, 04:17 PM
Sammich support...

Dayum skippy.

okie52
1/23/2013, 04:20 PM
Air Force girls might be able to pull that off.... Army? Ehhhh.

I would agree with that...

okie52
1/23/2013, 04:20 PM
The "we're just friends" hole. Co-ed hole. Unisex hole. Don't ask, don't tell hole. The more the merrier hole.

Protect your rear never had so much relevancy.

olevetonahill
1/23/2013, 04:23 PM
Protect your rear never had so much relevancy.

Thats gonna be the Prob Bro
If they hawt the Guys gonna get killed cause they gonna be watchin the Girls 6

okie52
1/23/2013, 04:25 PM

If we put the chicks in with the homos it won't matter, will it? Of course you have to keep the lesbos seperated and the homos seperated and the straights seperated...a real tactical nightmare. And **** there is just really nothing you can do with the switch hitters.

diverdog
1/23/2013, 04:45 PM

This^

FaninAma
1/23/2013, 04:57 PM
This^

So only really ugly women are allowed? That doesn't seem right.

diverdog
1/23/2013, 05:00 PM

I am really against women serving on the front lines if it is avoidable. They simply do not have the ability to operate at a high operational pace. During Desert Storm the females in my squadron just could not handle the workload. Most of the female pilots were okay but the enlisted crews really suffered. I can't even imagine them being in an infantry unit?

Wishboned
1/23/2013, 05:12 PM
For one week out of the month they will be the deadliest, most vicious, force in the world.

Put an automatic weapon in their hands and call it men-strafing.

rock on sooner
1/23/2013, 05:14 PM
I am really against women serving on the front lines if it is avoidable. They simply do not have the ability to operate at a high operational pace. During Desert Storm the females in my squadron just could not handle the workload. Most of the female pilots were okay but the enlisted crews really suffered. I can't even imagine them being in an infantry unit?

I just read this thread. DD, excellent point! For every G.I. Jane (movie type)
there would be literally hundreds who not only couldn't do the job, there would
be an inordinate casualty rate in the units. And, the rest of ya, well, thanks fer tha
laughs!

okie52
1/23/2013, 05:17 PM
When I was a kid "your mother wears Army boots" wasn't a compliment.

rock on sooner
1/23/2013, 05:20 PM

Still isn't....

LakeRat
1/23/2013, 05:24 PM
So . . . I gathered from this thread . . . problems would be not being able to check out a girls 6, having to be with straight guys all the time, having to avoid slit holes, and not getting captured, b/c the Islamics would rape me. . . ? NO WONDER we have so many soldiers with PTSD!!!

FaninAma
1/23/2013, 05:34 PM
So . . . I gathered from this thread . . . problems would be not being able to check out a girls 6, having to be with straight guys all the time, having to avoid slit holes, and not getting captured, b/c the Islamics would rape me. . . ? NO WONDER we have so many soldiers with PTSD!!!

Don't forget that the women on the frontline would be stressed because they would have to make the sammitches all the time and they would run the risk of commiting a war crime while they're all wild-eyed and crazy with estrogen, progresterone and whatever else other hormone cocktail they have coursing through their bodies during that special time of the month.

Ton Loc
1/23/2013, 05:39 PM

There was even a movie about it.

http://i2.listal.com/image/36115/200full.jpg

olevetonahill
1/23/2013, 06:28 PM

Well if they really Ugly they can skeer the enemy to death.

lexsooner
1/23/2013, 07:41 PM
Oh great. That means my friend Samantha from work is going to quit and join an infantry unit. She is an Army Reserve Captain, about as country as you can get, and is about the hottest cowgirl I have ever met. She's all tatted up and used to chew Grizzly chaw. I am not kidding. Her Dad was a 1Sgt. So it is so in her blood, and she will kick the ars of most guys. Sigh.

okie52
1/23/2013, 08:54 PM
There was even a movie about it.

http://i2.listal.com/image/36115/200full.jpg

Combat boots...that was it.

Barbara Eden. She was tough in the day.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/23/2013, 08:59 PM
So only really ugly women are allowed? That doesn't seem right.BHO will re-install the Draft, and certify that the Republicans are to blame.

rock on sooner
1/23/2013, 09:01 PM
Welp, combat infantry would be nope, chopper pilot, tank commander,
jet pilot, rescue aircraft, aircraft support, combat equipment driver, etc.
will become co-ed....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/23/2013, 09:03 PM
For one week out of the month they will be the deadliest, most vicious, force in the world.

Put an automatic weapon in their hands and call it men-strafing.Yes, your wit didn't go unnoticed...but, maybe unappreciated?

okie52
1/23/2013, 09:31 PM
Welp, combat infantry would be nope, chopper pilot, tank commander,
jet pilot, rescue aircraft, aircraft support, combat equipment driver, etc.
will become co-ed....

Bush pilots....

rock on sooner
1/23/2013, 09:57 PM
Bush pilots....

Now, that's funny!, but I thot exfoliation was in vogue..:excitement:

sappstuf
1/23/2013, 10:08 PM

I think that is an unofficial Army policy already...

8timechamps
1/23/2013, 10:08 PM
I served with women, in Desert Storm. Never had a single complaint. I've told this story here before, but I was airlifted out of a very hot area by a female pilot. She was awesome, and I'm not sure I would be here today without her service/ability. As far as I'm concerned, anyone that wants to serve and is physically capable, go for it.

okie52
1/23/2013, 10:45 PM
Now, that's funny!, but I thot exfoliation was in vogue..:excitement:

You're right but they'd still be air force with landing strips.

okie52
1/23/2013, 10:48 PM
I served with women, in Desert Storm. Never had a single complaint. I've told this story here before, but I was airlifted out of a very hot area by a female pilot. She was awesome, and I'm not sure I would be here today without her service/ability. As far as I'm concerned, anyone that wants to serve and is physically capable, go for it.

That's fine but don't change the rules just to accommodate them, i.e., basic training.

sappstuf
1/24/2013, 12:13 AM
Has anyone ever talked to a guy that has done 15+ years in the infantry? Knees are shot.. Horrible back problems.... And those are the lucky ones that didn't suffer some sort of major injury in training or war.

I can see a woman getting through a 2 year tour with the infantry if they don't deploy, especially an officer. But they will never "give back". They won't grow into that grizzly veteran who has seen everything and make a unit stronger. They will check the box and get out of town as soon as they can.

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 05:24 PM
That's fine but don't change the rules just to accommodate them, i.e., basic training.

Agreed.

tator
1/24/2013, 05:51 PM
My fiancee is annoyed because now she'll have to register for the draft.

rock on sooner
1/24/2013, 08:59 PM
Has anyone ever talked to a guy that has done 15+ years in the infantry? Knees are shot.. Horrible back problems.... And those are the lucky ones that didn't suffer some sort of major injury in training or war.

I can see a woman getting through a 2 year tour with the infantry if they don't deploy, especially an officer. But they will never "give back". They won't grow into that grizzly veteran who has seen everything and make a unit stronger. They will check the box and get out of town as soon as they can.

I think you're sellin 'em short. The ones that are fit and willing to try will
be *** kickers (here's the BIG deal) do not change the requirements one
tiny bit. I would have nothing but great respect if she did what I did, excelled
at what I did, finished ahead of me (it'd **** me off and drive me to be better)
and, trust me, there will be a few who do just that.

If she can haul a 200 # buddy whose's been hit to safety (and I assume they
still test 'em that way) then git outa her way and let her go. Ifn she cant, then
no harm no foul, she can do something else and with pride. Fer cryin out loud,
what's the deal? Same standard, same measurement, ten, twelve thousand more
warriors aint a bad thing....ask the Isrealis....