PDA

View Full Version : OU Coaches trashing Tony Jefferson?

Landthief 1972
1/23/2013, 11:18 AM
This seems to lead back to more behind-the-scenes drama. (http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2013/01/23/report-tony-jefferson-getting-bashed-by-his-former-ou-coaches/)

LakeRat
1/23/2013, 11:35 AM
Jefferson doesn't believe it, why would I believe it?

yermom
1/23/2013, 12:59 PM
was that a Meni sighting?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/23/2013, 01:00 PM
heh, why am I not surprised the first post was from meni

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/23/2013, 01:19 PM
Delightful!

BoomerJ
1/23/2013, 01:22 PM
Any legs to this or is it a hoax/false rumor? It looks like Tony Jefferson did believe it at first according to his tweets.

olevetonahill
1/23/2013, 02:49 PM
Any legs to this or is it a hoax/false rumor? It looks like Tony Jefferson did believe it at first according to his tweets.

MENI, What do you think.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/23/2013, 03:21 PM
I think it is and it's the one guy no one is mentioning..

A while back, I quoted a dean blevins tweet that said 2 guys would be leaving OU early due to concerns about workout methods leading to injury..a few weeks later, stills and jefferson leave early..a few weeks after that, a coach says jefferson isn't training hard and takes it easy..I know that's not the exact words but that's the point..

I pointed out Stills would be getting involved in this before he did and just his response shows me there is some issues there.

People want to know why a coach would do it..Schmidt prides himself on his popularity with NFL coaches. If he really feels this way about Jefferson, he would tell an NFL coach for his own reputation's sake

LakeRat
1/23/2013, 05:13 PM
If I remember correctly, NFL players, that played for Stoops while at Florida, used to come back in the summer to work out with schmidt. But I haven't heard of that recently? Am I misremembering?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/23/2013, 05:39 PM
Fire Schmiddy! :wink:

cleller
1/23/2013, 05:48 PM
Pretty negative stuff overall. When it rains, it pours. In Oklahoma, only in the figurative form.

KantoSooner
1/23/2013, 05:50 PM
So, STEP, what's the bottom line? Is Schmiddy 'the' problem? 'A' problem? Not a problem? An asset? I know it's just your opinion, whatever you say, but you seem to have a pretty good handle on this stuff. I'd be interested to know what you think.

goingoneight
1/23/2013, 06:20 PM
Apparently this blogger/site is talking out their *** or exaggerating stuff they heard second-hand. All I've heard since this story broke is how Jefferson doesn't believe it. Being a guy with every coach's phone number, I guarantee you by now him and his family would have spoken out about the matter.
That said, if true, why is this news? Coaches do this all the time. Hell, LSU's S&C coach posted a list on his office door that had names of players he felt weren't giving it their all and people barely flinched about that.

8timechamps
1/23/2013, 06:48 PM
Apparently this blogger/site is talking out their *** or exaggerating stuff they heard second-hand. All I've heard since this story broke is how Jefferson doesn't believe it. Being a guy with every coach's phone number, I guarantee you by now him and his family would have spoken out about the matter.
That said, if true, why is this news? Coaches do this all the time. Hell, LSU's S&C coach posted a list on his office door that had names of players he felt weren't giving it their all and people barely flinched about that.

That site is crap. There's some decent stuff mixed in there, but they are the same folks that said Millard had made his decision to go to the NFL, and it was a done deal. It's becoming more difficult to find reliable information online from the mainstream media, let alone these little sites.

I refuse to accept that Smitty is a "problem". I just can't wrap my mind around one coach being a big problem, and Stoops letting it go as if everything was fine.

OkieThunderLion
1/23/2013, 07:02 PM
If I remember correctly, NFL players, that played for Stoops while at Florida, used to come back in the summer to work out with schmidt. But I haven't heard of that recently? Am I misremembering?

They do. Saw Nic Harris recently.

aurorasooner
1/23/2013, 09:48 PM
This seems to lead back to more behind-the-scenes drama. (http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2013/01/23/report-tony-jefferson-getting-bashed-by-his-former-ou-coaches/) Bleh. If it's on the internet it must be true. Where did you hear that? On the internet.
Bunch of sports network/press dweebs with nothing better to do than start rumors, imo.
Although I love to read our true fans opinions about OU football, reading about CFB on the internet was better when there was no social media. imo.

VA Sooner
1/23/2013, 09:53 PM
Need to get things straightened out there in Norman... sounds like a few words here and there and everything gets blown out of proportion.

Scott D
1/23/2013, 10:13 PM
or someone needs to take any form of technology away from Meni once and for all.

soonerdo
1/23/2013, 10:24 PM
If true this will really help recruiting a lot

SCOUT
1/23/2013, 10:30 PM
So, STEP, what's the bottom line? Is Schmiddy 'the' problem? 'A' problem? Not a problem? An asset? I know it's just your opinion, whatever you say, but you seem to have a pretty good handle on this stuff. I'd be interested to know what you think.

I would like to hear STEP's take too.

EatLeadCommie
1/23/2013, 10:58 PM
LOL @ Meni stirring the pot. Sorry, I mean Meni of VIPStrippers.

sooneron
1/24/2013, 08:14 AM
Which is better than his old ghey moniker - Meni69- Men I 69?

C&CDean
1/24/2013, 11:08 AM
I would like to hear STEP's take too.

All I want is step's smooth lips on my meni. I mean peni...

olevetonahill
1/24/2013, 11:24 AM

So yer sayin Yers is a Meni peni?

Guess if it satisfies you and STEP then alls good .

stoops the eternal pimp
1/24/2013, 11:49 AM

i like the way you talk..

Seamus
1/24/2013, 11:55 AM
:pop:

sooneron
1/24/2013, 02:43 PM
Room!

Salt City Sooner
1/24/2013, 04:37 PM
TJ interview; says coaches called & told him it's not true. Comments start around the 4:45 mark:

http://www.ysr1560.com/ou/tony-jefferson-8167/

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 05:04 PM
TJ interview; says coaches called & told him it's not true. Comments start around the 4:45 mark:

http://www.ysr1560.com/ou/tony-jefferson-8167/

What TJ said:

"Funny thing is, just got off the phone with my coach. I guess those sites are pretty much B.S. I knew my coaches would never say anything like that. One, because it wasn't true. And two, my coaches aren't like that. I’ve put it all on the line for my team and for the program and I‘ve had the best time of my life being at the University of Oklahoma. My coach wanted to call me and set it straight and let me know everything that was said was obviously not true. And I knew that.

My coaches are good guys and we've always had a good relationship. For everyone out there, you come in there as a freshman and you have a lack of work ethic at the University of Oklahoma, a lack of work ethic at anytime, you won't play there. That's not how they work. You have to work and you got to do things on the field and off the field. I guess the Web site blew up because of it. But I was glad to hear from my coach to set the record straight."

I don't know why anyone would believe anything that ****ty site posts. Apparently, they just make stuff up to drive traffic (shocking, huh?!)

C&CDean
1/24/2013, 05:08 PM
It's amazing what kind of bull**** comes out when you lose a couple games a year.

Boomer.....
1/24/2013, 05:43 PM
He's on the Rush right now also saying that none of the coaches said those things. He said Stoops called him right away assuring him that it was all a lie.

sluggo sooner
1/24/2013, 05:48 PM
He was making all nice about Schmitty too.

aurorasooner
1/24/2013, 06:24 PM
Just listened to the audio from ESPiN CFB Live. They had a lead-in to the story which sounded completey negative about our staff and then they went to commercial (which I zipped thru). Then they had only the first negative comments from TJ about the situation and then one of their commentators (it sounded like Robert Smith) said that the coaches wouldn't (or shouldn't) lie to any of the NFL people about any off-the-field workout situation, if they did, they would lose their credibility with the NFL. It was basically a non-story, but was sensationalized to be a story, and this network has such low credibility right now (see Manti's girl friend). BTW, they had a positive story about aTm, which preceeded the negative sensationalized non-story.
My impression is that this network is so butt-hurt by the OU alignment with Fox and their alignment is with the Whorns and the SEC, that they will report and sensationalize anything negative about OU (especially close to the recruiting signing date and no matter what the lame source), but won't report anything positive. I just wonder if they'll ever report TJ's response from above in the thread? I seriously doubt it.
Funny thing is, just got off the phone with my coach. I guess those sites are pretty much B.S. I knew my coaches would never say anything like that. One, because it wasn't true. And two, my coaches aren't like that. I’ve put it all on the line for my team and for the program and I‘ve had the best time of my life being at the University of Oklahoma. My coach wanted to call me and set it straight and let me know everything that was said was obviously not true. And I knew that.

My coaches are good guys and we've always had a good relationship. For everyone out there, you come in there as a freshman and you have a lack of work ethic at the University of Oklahoma, a lack of work ethic at anytime, you won't play there. That's not how they work. You have to work and you got to do things on the field and off the field. I guess the Web site blew up because of it. But I was glad to hear from my coach to set the record straight."

soonercastor
1/24/2013, 09:16 PM
Just because a site posted it does not make it true.

Just because TJ is saying that the coaches called him and told him they didn't say anything doesn't mean they didn't, I mean would you expect them to call and be like yeah we made negative comments about you?

There's no smoke without fire, and my best guess is that they made a big deal out of a slight comment and made it more than what it was.

Either way, terrible publicity there.

8timechamps
1/24/2013, 09:54 PM
Just because a site posted it does not make it true...

There's no smoke without fire...

Which one is it? That site is pure dog****, and if anyone chooses to believe that site over the player/coach actually involved, good luck with that.

soonercastor
1/25/2013, 04:29 PM
Which one is it? That site is pure dog****, and if anyone chooses to believe that site over the player/coach actually involved, good luck with that.

I was addressing both sides with my post and gave my "best guess."
The last point I was making was that he and the coaches would likely deny whether or not it is actually true.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/25/2013, 05:45 PM
I was addressing both sides with my post and gave my "best guess."
The last point I was making was that he and the coaches would likely deny whether or not it is actually true.

I see what you are saying..Coaches would deny it if they did say it, website is potentially full of ****.

My personal take on it: I don't doubt this happened, because it happens all the time..It usually doesn't become a big deal like this. I don't know why people would doubt a coach would say something like that..As far as you can't be a slacker and see the field at OU...Not many have but there has been some.

Would it really change his draft status if the rumor was word for word true? Wouldn't matter since all would be cleared at the combine..It would be taken for consideration but they will look at his bench, grill him in the interviews, and whatever was true will show up..game film would over rule everything else also.

My thoughts on Walter and Charlie..I've blasted them here before a few years back saying they were full of crap about a lot of stuff..I say and I'm dogging myself out on this..But those guys are no closer on anything going on than I am...I haven't been to the SB in a few years and the same for the combine..I do the work, watch the video, but as far as who said what.. I have to rely on the guys I trust that are there...which is just a few of them. Charlie and Walt...It may be different now, no one who does the work looks at them as a source for anything. I looked at their site the other day and started following them after this broke to see what was going on..Site looks better with better info than before but..

Do I think TJ was a slacker? No...Would a certain coach say something like that about a player because a player questioned him and his techniques? Yes..Whatever it is, I guess we can move on now.

8timechamps
1/25/2013, 06:23 PM
I see what you are saying..Coaches would deny it if they did say it, website is potentially full of ****.

My personal take on it: I don't doubt this happened, because it happens all the time..It usually doesn't become a big deal like this. I don't know why people would doubt a coach would say something like that..As far as you can't be a slacker and see the field at OU...Not many have but there has been some.

Would it really change his draft status if the rumor was word for word true? Wouldn't matter since all would be cleared at the combine..It would be taken for consideration but they will look at his bench, grill him in the interviews, and whatever was true will show up..game film would over rule everything else also.

My thoughts on Walter and Charlie..I've blasted them here before a few years back saying they were full of crap about a lot of stuff..I say and I'm dogging myself out on this..But those guys are no closer on anything going on than I am...I haven't been to the SB in a few years and the same for the combine..I do the work, watch the video, but as far as who said what.. I have to rely on the guys I trust that are there...which is just a few of them. Charlie and Walt...It may be different now, no one who does the work looks at them as a source for anything. I looked at their site the other day and started following them after this broke to see what was going on..Site looks better with better info than before but..

Do I think TJ was a slacker? No...Would a certain coach say something like that about a player because a player questioned him and his techniques? Yes..Whatever it is, I guess we can move on now.

You'd have to be pretty naive to think a coach would never have negative comments (to an NFL team) about a former player. For the coach, their reputation with NFL personnel is on the line. I think they are completely honest when assessing former players.

If this had been someone like Roy Finch, I could see some truth lying in there somewhere. But TJ? We've never heard anything negative about him. If he was as bad as Walterfootball wanted us to believe a coach thought, we would have heard something before now...from someone. That's why I believed TJ/Stoops over the site.

STEP, I would believe you over 99% of the self proclaimed insider sights (I'm not talking about reputable ones). For one, you don't have ill motivation to post information here. Secondly, you're gay. I'm not, but I respect your love for Dean, and that special something you both share ;).

ashley
1/31/2013, 07:42 AM
This never happened. The coaches think he is one of the best guys on the team.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 06:15 PM
This one..I think has a little to do with it.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2013, 06:17 PM
@tonyjefferson1
Another draft stock butchered