PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter 17

reflector
1/22/2013, 03:41 PM
The greatest reality show on television returns tonight. It will be on Tuesday nights this season. This season is Middleweights. The coaches this season are Chael Sonnen and Jon Jones. I don't think a fight between these two will be very competitive, but there probably will be good drama this season. It should be a good season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ardCjGbuA

reflector
1/22/2013, 04:00 PM
Here is another preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jnZnlF0RE

ouleaf
1/23/2013, 01:05 AM
Some pretty impressive fights to get into the house. Like that they had the friends/family there to provide some actual crowd noise. Real nice mix of fighters too. Can't believe some of those guys are actually able to cut weight down to 185. Looks like a lot of them probably walk around closer to 210.

Thought Uriah Hall looked really impressive. Andy gave him one hell of a fight, but Uriah seems like a really well rounded fighter.

reflector
1/23/2013, 03:43 PM
I thought the fights were very good on last night's episode. I think they got some really good guys for this season.

Team Jones

Dylan Andrews
Adam Celia
Collin Hart
Ciint Hester
Robert McDaniel
Josh Samman
Gilbert Smith

Team Sonnen

Luke Barnatt
Kevin Casey
Zak Cummings
Kelvin Gastelum
Uriah Hall
Jimmy Quinlan
Tor Troeng

The teams will probably change over the season. I think Sonnen got the better team on paper. I don't know anything. It is just my guess that Sonnen picked the stronger team right now. I think they got a really solid cast for this season.

achiro
1/23/2013, 05:18 PM
Yeah, Uriah is a heck of a fighter. Really quick and as accurate with his feet as about anyone I've seen.

reflector
1/29/2013, 10:03 PM
Barnatt got a nice KO on tonight's episode. It seemed like Gilbert was beat before the fight began. He was really nervous before the fight.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/29/2013, 10:09 PM
What's your bet on who gets violently knocked out next week?

reflector
1/29/2013, 10:31 PM

I believe Adam fights Uriah next week. I believe that is what was said. I think Uriah will win. That is my guess.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/29/2013, 10:41 PM
On the previews from next week Dana White says it ends in one of the most violent knockouts he has ever seen. Of course they purposely hide who wins.

ouleaf
1/30/2013, 01:17 PM
didn't really think Gilbert had a bad fight or was completely outclassed, just got caught in a bad spot with a devastating knee. Thought Barnatt would have done better honestly.

achiro
1/30/2013, 06:01 PM

I'll be surprised if Uriah loses. He's the kind of fighter that could deliver a huge KO with his speed and accuracy, not sure the other fighter showed that much but a lucky strike as e other fighter is coming in can always ad extra devastation to the impact.
Another "clue" could be that Uriah is in a commercial( for an energy drink I think) that they ran during the show. Not sure he would have been asked to be in an ad if he loses in the 2nd week at the house.

achiro
1/30/2013, 06:03 PM
didn't really think Gilbert had a bad fight or was completely outclassed, just got caught in a bad spot with a devastating knee. Thought Barnatt would have done better honestly.

If Gilbert had any confidence going into the fight he may have had a chance, especially with Barnatt fighting so poorly. His team did him no favors with their lack of support. They seem to be a group of *********s.

Boomer.....
2/4/2013, 03:44 PM
This group of fighters seem older and more mature than other years casts.

reflector
2/5/2013, 03:41 PM
From the previews, it looks like tonight's episode could be very interesting.

reflector
2/5/2013, 09:54 PM
That was a vicious kick that Uriah landed.

achiro
2/5/2013, 10:01 PM
Ho-lee crap what a kick!

SoonerInFortSmith
2/5/2013, 10:11 PM
Looked like he kicked dude straight into a seizure.

ouleaf
2/6/2013, 01:36 AM
Devastating spinning kick right to the temple that knocked him unconscious. Pretty disturbing to watch him there afterwards. Uriah was sticking some pretty stiff jabs the last 30 seconds of the round, and I don't know if that sort of stunned Cella, because I was thinking, something didn't look right with his stance just before the kick. His hips were forward and he had dropped his right hand a bit with the elbow tucked in. Uriah sort of mentions that in the video.

Actually surprised this didn't end in a KO earlier in the round. Uriah caught a couple of Cella's kicks where I thought for sure he was just going to land a KO punch. He's going to be really tough to beat.

http://youtu.be/jNMxOtLMcy0

reflector
2/6/2013, 02:24 PM
I just realized that I have been misspelling Adam's last name all season far. It is Cella and not Celia. Sorry about that.

reflector
2/12/2013, 04:34 PM
Kevin Casey fights Collin Hart on tonight's episode.

okiewaker
2/12/2013, 04:48 PM
I just realized that I have been misspelling Adam's last name all season far. It is Cella and not Celia. Sorry about that.

Don't matter much,, we know wutcha ment. I be watching.

reflector
2/12/2013, 09:59 PM
I actually thought Kevin would win on tonight's episode. Collin was too much for him though.

achiro
2/13/2013, 12:50 PM
I actually thought Kevin would win on tonight's episode. Collin was too much for him though.

Two things happened there, king thought he could just out muscle Collin and when he couldn't, it surprised him. 2. He gassed in the first 2 minutes of the first round. Kevin lost that fit in his head really fast, he threw a couple really nice punches then instead of putting the hammer down he stopped punching and hugged Collin.
Weird fight and Collin definitely wanted it more but I don't think he's as talented as King.

ouleaf
2/13/2013, 11:53 PM
I agree. Weird fight indeed. No sense of urgency whatsoever by Kevin Casey. Definitely didn't expect that at all. I thought at first he was just trying to let Collin gas himself and then flip on the switch, but he never did. Probably a good thing he didn't fight Bubba McDaniel. Really looking forward to his fight next week now. The previews made it out to be a lot more physical than this last fight.

Boomer.....
2/18/2013, 08:47 AM
Horrible fight.

Hopefully Bubba gets his clock cleaned in the next fight. That dud is annoying!

reflector
2/18/2013, 04:03 PM
Here is the preview for Episode 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmpBQDkShOs

reflector
2/19/2013, 09:56 PM
I did not think Kelvin would win tonight. I definitely did not think he would finish Bubba. I think Bubba has a good shot at the wild card.

ouleaf
2/20/2013, 03:09 PM
Wow, back to back weeks of upsets for sure. Definitely thought Bubba would have controlled that fight more, but Kelvin stuck with it, kept finding a way out of bad spots, got his back and choked Bubba out. Great camera shot of that too, where as soon as Kelvin locked in the choke, Bubba paused for a second like he was frozen, his eyes got big, and the tapped out.

reflector
2/26/2013, 10:12 PM
I really thought Tor would beat Josh. Tor left his hands really low when he got caught. It is Quinlan vs. Hester next week.

StoopTroup
2/27/2013, 12:11 AM
Saw a good documentary on the UFC that talked about it being bought from it's original owner the Brazilian Son of the creator of Jujitsu. It's an amazing story which includes Trump and Mark Cuban's attempt to give the UFC a run for their money with the Affliction Camp they created.

Some of the rumors I'd heard about the UFC and it's control...I now understand why it's like it is as if it wasn't....It would have probably grown to fast and become a flash in the pan instead of a sport that is giving Boxing a run for it's money and may be the death of Wrestling.

reflector
3/5/2013, 10:09 PM
I thought the first round of tonight's fight was really good. Hester looked really tired heading into the second round. Quinlan was able to get the choke. Andrews vs. Cummings next week.

ouleaf
3/5/2013, 11:51 PM
Wow. Was really pulling for Hester to win that fight, but given Quinlan's strong wrestling background, I didn't think the odds were in Clint's favor. I thought Quinlan played it very smart but very safe. Scored points with take downs and grapple with Hester to wear him down. He just had to wait for Hester to make a mistake, and he did in the 2nd round by rolling over to his stomach.

To Hester's credit, he delivered some nasty shots to the torso and back of the head that Quinlan will still be sore for a week after the fight. I hope he gets the wildcard spot.

reflector
3/12/2013, 08:25 PM
I would say that tonight's coach's challenge was probably my favorite of any of the seasons.

reflector
3/12/2013, 09:05 PM
Kevin vs. Bubba in the wildcard. I think it should be a good fight. I was surprised that Cummings got reversed so easily in the first round of tonight's fight. Andrews deserved the win.

ouleaf
3/13/2013, 08:57 AM
Tough call on the Andrews/Cummings decision. Andrews really hurt Cummings early on, but Cummings recovered and was able to control a good amount of the fight after that.

Bummed that Clint Hester didn't get the wildcard spot. Both Kevin and Bubba looked very unimpressive in their last fights. Maybe since they've wanted to fight each other it will be a better matchup.

reflector
3/19/2013, 10:13 AM
I believe the wildcard fight will be on tonight's episode. It should be good.

reflector
3/19/2013, 09:06 PM
Bubba dominated the second round and advanced. Bubba has to fight Uriah in the next round. I think Uriah will be too much for him.

ouleaf
3/20/2013, 11:26 AM
Still not really sure either of those guys were worth of a wildcard spot to begin with. While Kevin Casey controlled the first round he did no damage whatsoever. If he's supposed to be this strong ju jitzu guy, but but he's gotta step up his striking ability. Then to not answer the bell for the 3rd round was just even more proof he didn't deservce the spot in the first place. Just plain disappointing.

Bubba again wasn't that impressive to me either. For a guy with that many fights under his belt, you'd expect to see a lot more. I'll give him credit for him pretty much just smothering Casey the entire second round and landing a mix of punches and forearms.

Just don't see any way Bubba can hang with Uriah. Unfortunately think it will be the last Quarter Final fight, as you have to give Bubba a little time to recover.

reflector
3/26/2013, 05:08 PM
The quarterfinals begin on tonight's episode.

reflector
3/26/2013, 08:24 PM
Kelvin got a quick KO and advances. Collin did not even have a chance it seemed.

reflector
3/26/2013, 09:00 PM
Dylan vs Luke was a great fight. Dylan got a KO in third round. I would say that was the best fight of the season so far.

ouleaf
3/27/2013, 02:16 PM
Fists were flying in that first fight b/w Collin and Kelvin. Both landed some big punches but Kelvin caught Collin right on the jaw with that left hook and he went face down to the mat. Ref was about to call it right there but Collin rolled over and looked like he had woken back up, but i think he was still dazed b/c Kelvin just landed a few more direct shots to the face and it was over. Very impressed by Kelvin. Guy is a tank and definitely think he has what it takes to win it all, only problem is there are a lot of talented fighters left.

Was kind of surprised the Luke/Dylan fight went to a 3rd round. I thought Dylan had done enough to win both of the first 2 rounds. Would have really felt bad for the guy if somehow Luke squeezed out the win the 3rd round. Dylan was impressive too though. Was able to take down Luke regularly, had good ground control for the most part, and landed plenty of punches in the stand up. The 3rd round though was just a slugfest. Both guys gassed, but Dylan showed some really impressive boxing and still had good power behind his punches. It took a while to chop down the big tree, but he did it and won with a solid TKO victory.

Pretty surprising to see both guys that were the last picks for each other's teams advance to the semi-finals.

Next week should be great. Really wish it were Uriah facing Josh Samman next week, but Josh wanted Quinlan. Josh better be careful what he asks for, as I'm not really sure he gets past Jimmy Quinlan. Previews for the Bubba/Uriah fight show Bubba doubting himself and Coach Jones looks like he talks to Clint Hester to "Stay Ready". Wonder if it will be a Clint/Uriah fight instead, which I kind of hope for b/c I think Clint deserved the wild card spot over Bubba to begin with.

reflector
4/2/2013, 04:23 PM
I am excited for tonight's episode. Hall vs. McDaniel and Samman vs. Quinlan, it should be a good episode.

reflector
4/2/2013, 08:28 PM
I was surprised to see Samman stop Quinlan. The result is not too surprising. I just thought it would be a decision either way in that fight.

reflector
4/2/2013, 08:48 PM
Uriah Hall is a beast. He made really quick work of Bubba.

reflector
4/2/2013, 09:00 PM
The semifinal fights will be Kelvin vs. Josh and Uriah vs. Dylan.

achiro
4/3/2013, 11:53 AM
Uriah Hall is a beast. He made really quick work of Bubba.
Yeah like 7 seconds. Dude is pretty scary. I think Dana agreed with Josh on the finale fight, of the 4 remaining fighters you can't pair the two "best" in a semi. I want Josh to get his teeth smashed in though.

ouleaf
4/3/2013, 11:54 AM
Welp...that happened. Did they ever say what Uriah did to Bubba?

Broken orbital or something?

That was nasty.

Thought Quintana was following his game plan perfectly scoring the takedown, but he gave up his back and it was over.

Collier11
4/8/2013, 09:53 PM
Josh is a good fighter, I think he can hold his own against Uriah

reflector
4/9/2013, 08:17 PM
Kelvin advances to the finale.

achiro
4/9/2013, 08:32 PM
So Uriah starts by breaking Andy Enz' arm to get in the house:
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/andy-enzs-big-break

Then knocks Adam Cella the heck out
And I was reading today that Bubba has three fractures in his face.
There are a lot of YouTube vids on him worth checking out.
Dude is a beast!

reflector
4/9/2013, 08:57 PM
Uriah advances to the finale. I think Kelvin is in trouble in the finale.

achiro
4/9/2013, 09:11 PM
Uriah advances to the finale. I think Kelvin is in trouble in the finale.

I won't rule Kelvin out, he's strong on the ground and Uriah has a few weaknesses there. It will probably be Uriah in a quick KO though.

Collier11
4/9/2013, 09:57 PM
Dylan is a tough dude, he impressed me. My thought is, where the hell has the world been hiding Uriah Hall? Guy is a stud and if he doesn't slip up in the finale, he will be fighting for a title soon.

ouleaf
4/11/2013, 04:17 PM
So i was out of town the past couple days and finally got to watch the semi-finals last night. Kelvin just keeps impressing me. Guy is an absolute bull dog. He controlled pretty much that whole fight with Samman, waited for him to slip up and slipped in the rear-naked choke. If there is anyone that can give Uriah trouble, it might be him.

Win or lose the finale the real winner of this season of TUF is Uriah Hall. Dana sees nothing but dollar signs with this guy, and for good reason. The guy is a monster. He just picked apart Dylan in the ring and you really got to see Uriah's strengths as a kickboxer. He is so good at not only mixing up his jabs, power punches, and kicks, but his accuracy is also impressive. Not a lot of missed punches or kicks and you could tell that as Dylan's face rearranged over the course of the fight.

But the end all be all was to actually see Uriah finish Dylan from his back. Not only was he close to locking in that Kimura lock, the flurry of punches from his back to get Dylan to give up was truly amazing. I've never seen that before.

Boomer.....
4/12/2013, 09:15 AM
4 fights, 4 trips to the hospital. Dude is crazy good!

The only way Kelvin contends is getting him to the ground.

reflector
4/13/2013, 10:14 PM
Kelvin beat Uriah to win the season. It was a very close fight. It was a split decision.

Collier11
4/14/2013, 08:30 PM
Kelvin won by following the old adage of 'how do you beat up a bully'? You do it by punching them in the mouth, Kelvin attacked Uriah from the get go and never let up...it was close still

Boomer.....
4/15/2013, 07:56 AM
Congrats to Kelvin! He needed the win much more than Hall. Hall was going to be in the UFC regardless.

ouleaf
4/15/2013, 03:56 PM
Not to take anything away from Kelvin, who had a great fight, I just wasn't sure what Uriah's thought process was. He seemed like a different fighter altogether than what he had showed during the season. He didn't really show much of that great kick boxing skill that he was so dominant with during his last fight with Dylan.

I don't know if he was fearful of the take down attempt so he didn't attack like I had become accustomed to seeing him do. Or maybe he knew it was at least a 3 round fight and wanted to conserve some energy. I thought the fight was still close enough to warrant a 4th round, but like they always say, don't leave it in the hands of the judges. Congrats to Kelvin on one hell of a season. Last pick on his team to season champion is really impressive. One tough dude.