PDA

View Full Version : Weight lifters - looking for a muscle building supplement

landrun
1/20/2013, 08:31 PM
I've been on a diet lately to lose weight. Now I'm looking a little 'sickly'. - like a lot of people who lose a lot of fat (and muscle) through dieting.

I have some weight to go, but I need to rebuild some muscle to look normal again.

I've worked out in the past, years ago, and used some supplements - like creatine. But truth is, most of them just made me fat and didn't really increase muscle mass or strength.

I did take some stuff called mag-ten years ago. It was a legalized steroid (now illegal) And it worked! - like crazy. I was shocked. I gained 40 pounds in my bench press in just over 30 days. :encouragement:

So, I want take something like that again.

I'm not interested in some well marketed junk that doesn't work. I want a return on my invenstement. Fast too.

It has been a long long time since I seriously worked out - over ten years, so, I'm looking for some good advice.

Any suggestions as to what I can take to put on muscle fast??

Curly Bill
1/20/2013, 08:34 PM
Peem me.

I've used creatine and stuff in the past, also arginine, but I've found what I think is the best thing ever. It actually has both those things by the way.

Curly Bill
1/20/2013, 08:45 PM
I sent you a peem. I'd be glad to help you out if interested.

okiewaker
1/20/2013, 09:58 PM
It's better to get on a balanced diet and a planned workout routine than worry about what supplement will make you look like Arnold. Most folks problem is the commitment to stay on a good diet and workout routine. Besides, most supplements attributes aren't absorbed by the body,,they are mostly evacuated via urine because bodies aren't equipped to absorb as much as they offer.

picasso
1/20/2013, 10:34 PM
Creatine boosted my workouts but it didn't help me gain weight and actually gave me arthritis for a brief period of time which ruined my golf game.

landrun
1/20/2013, 10:45 PM
Creatine boosted my workouts but it didn't help me gain weight and actually gave me arthritis for a brief period of time which ruined my golf game.

I love golf! I go through sprints where I can't stop playing and hit balls on the range 3-5 times a week!

That is my one fear really. I don't want to get too buffed/tight to reach across my chest on the back swing. So, I only want do one cycle, maybe two - of a supplement to help me quickly regain the muscle I've lost during my diet.

picasso
1/21/2013, 12:19 AM
I love golf! I go through sprints where I can't stop playing and hit balls on the range 3-5 times a week!

That is my one fear really. I don't want to get too buffed/tight to reach across my chest on the back swing. So, I only want do one cycle, maybe two - of a supplement to help me quickly regain the muscle I've lost during my diet.
It won't affect your swing as long as you keep playing while you gain muscle. Weight training actually made me a better long iron player.

Curly Bill
1/21/2013, 12:34 AM
Once I got on the product I'm telling landrun about I've definitely gotten much stronger and built muscle mass, and this at 46 years old. I've gained probably 5 pounds while cutting down my waist size. Obviously each person will be affected somewhat differently, but I swear by this stuff I'm taking.

And like an above post said, there's always room for a good ol balanced diet to be the foundation of any workout plan. Admittedly something I struggle with. LOL

KantoSooner
1/21/2013, 05:15 PM
There are a couple of rice bran based products that are designed specifically to help weight lifters add muscle mass. Peem me and I'll get you the references.

Boomer.....
1/21/2013, 05:31 PM
Get back in the gym and take a bunch of protein. I also take a pre-workout.

Turd_Ferguson
1/21/2013, 07:34 PM
Get back in the gym and take a bunch of amino acids...a lot of'm.

8timechamps
1/21/2013, 07:38 PM
Testosterone

Turd_Ferguson
1/21/2013, 07:56 PM
Testosterone

Plus Decca and D-bol. It will pump you up!

StoopTroup
1/21/2013, 09:59 PM
^ It'll grow hair on yer girlfriends a$$.

Human Growth Hormone

YWIA

picasso
1/21/2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah, get on that **** Hugh Jackman is taking. That dude's gonna be dead in a few years.

achiro
1/22/2013, 09:36 AM
http://girlfoodblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/theold96er001.jpg