PDA

View Full Version : SIGN ME UP Coach Kelley Let me play for Los Domers pls

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/20/2013, 01:02 PM
http://juniordsports.com/shame-shame-notre-dame/

Doubtful their recruiting will be dampened by the negative publicity, but it IS sorta fun to read and hear about.

yermom
1/20/2013, 02:11 PM
Lyin' Hawaiian. heh.

goingoneight
1/20/2013, 03:30 PM
I would definitely be looking Brian Kelly in the eye and asking him some serious questions about what's going on if I were a prospect or a parent of a prospect. He may be a good coach, but he's definitely a "look the other way" kind of guy. Notre Dame of all places surprises me that they tolerate that. I guess sucking for two decades will make you lower your morals a bit.

8timechamps
1/20/2013, 04:21 PM
Best recap ever:

1. Notre Dame football players do not bother to follow directions given to them by cops
2. Starting quarterback can’t handle his booze
3. The most heralded receiver in school history could drink Harry Caray under the table
4. Alleged sexual assault
5. Star linebacker is a liar-liar, pants so badly on fire.

Sabanball
1/20/2013, 07:33 PM
This kind of stuff has been going on in South Bend for decades. If you haven't already, just read "Under the Tarnished Dome" written by Don Yaeger. It will tell you all that you need to know.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/21/2013, 01:44 AM
This kind of stuff has been going on in South Bend for decades. If you haven't already, just read "Under the Tarnished Dome" written by Don Yaeger. It will tell you all that you need to know.Domer commands BIG money, with their nationwide fan base, including their own TV network(NBC) that they have had for years. So, it's not terribly surprising that they have been shielded. They have been able to recruit pretty well, even through all the so-so-to-bad coaches they've had since Granny Holtz, up until this new guy Kelley, who will prolly demonstrate he's pretty good as a coach.

SoonerNomad
1/22/2013, 12:37 PM
This kind of stuff has been going on in South Bend for decades. If you haven't already, just read "Under the Tarnished Dome" written by Don Yaeger. It will tell you all that you need to know.

I have read that book and it is very enlightening. I actually talked to Don Yaeger one time when I was a prosecutor in Tallahassee in 2000. He owned a party supply store that got ripped off by one of his customers and I handled the case. He was very nice although he didn't like hearing that the police investigation was pathetic and that we had to give the defendant a break in order to get any restitution.

Anyway, he has written several sports books and wrote for Sports Illustrated for years. Very good writer.

MyT Oklahoma
1/22/2013, 09:55 PM
I would definitely be looking Brian Kelly in the eye and asking him some serious questions about what's going on if I were a prospect or a parent of a prospect. He may be a good coach, but he's definitely a "look the other way" kind of guy. Notre Dame of all places surprises me that they tolerate that. I guess sucking for two decades will make you lower your morals a bit.

No.. lower your standards a bunch I think. LOL