PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Sooner Targets

8timechamps
1/19/2013, 10:48 PM
It looks like there is room for 4 more recruits in this class (my projection could be off), here's a list of the top guys I think the Sooner's are targeting (that they have a shot at landing):

1. L.J. Moore (CB-Fresno, Calif)
2. Matt Finnin (OT-College of Dupree/JUCO) - Committed to Nebraska.
3. Adrian Baker (ATH-Hollywood, FL)
4. Matthew Romar (DT-Port Arthur, TX) - Committed to OU 1/29/2013
5. Devin Lauderdale (ATH-Houston, TX) - Committed to Texas Tech
6. Aaron Cochran (OT-Atwater, Calif) - Committed to California
7. Toby Johnson (DT-Hutchison Community College/JUCO)

Of course there are more than 7 recruits with offers out there, but these are the top 7 I think the Sooners are after. Will update this list as info comes along.

Edit: Here are a couple more:

8. Josh Outlaw (OT-Lithonia, Ga.) - Visited OU 1/25/13
9. George Adeosun (OT-Alpharetta, Ga.) - Visited OU 1/25/13

Always_Sooner
1/20/2013, 12:20 AM
What about the corner from Miami that has OU #1?

Widescreen
1/20/2013, 10:05 AM
4. Matthew Romar (DT-Port Arthur, TX)

Please tell me he's not related to Brett Romar. We don't need another one of those guys.

yermom
1/20/2013, 10:49 AM
i had to look at that a couple times to see what you did there.

Ruf/Nek7
1/20/2013, 01:20 PM
I would take Cochran, Johnson, Moore, and Baker.

lexsooner
1/20/2013, 03:45 PM
It looks like there is room for 4 more recruits in this class (my projection could be off), here's a list of the top guys I think the Sooner's are targeting (that they have a shot at landing):

1. L.J. Moore (CB-Fresno, Calif)
2. Matt Finnin (OT-College of Dupree/JUCO)
3. Adrian Baker (ATH-Hollywood, FL)
5. Devin Lauderdale (ATH-Houston, TX)
6. Aaron Cochran (OT-Atwater, Calif)
7. Toby Johnson (DT-Hutchison Community College/JUCO)

Of course there are more than 7 recruits with offers out there, but these are the top 7 I think the Sooners are after. Will update this list as info comes along.

I would like to have Toby Johnson more than any of the others. I think he would be a sure starter. However, I guess the chances of getting him are not great.

GDC
1/20/2013, 03:53 PM
No linebackers?

8timechamps
1/20/2013, 03:57 PM
No linebackers?

Not many. I think OU still has an offer or two out, but nothing "big time". Looks like Stoops is going to take what we have into the season, and go hard after LBs next year.

8timechamps
1/20/2013, 03:59 PM
What about the corner from Miami that has OU #1?

Are you thinking of Lamar Robbins? Like I said, there are plenty more offers still out there, but these are the top 7 remaining. If OU can get Moore and/or Baker, they'll be done with the CB position.

8timechamps
1/20/2013, 04:00 PM
I would like to have Toby Johnson more than any of the others. I think he would be a sure starter. However, I guess the chances of getting him are not great.

He's a long shot, however, the UGA coach that he had the best relationship with has left UGA. The fact that he hasn't committed anywhere is still a good sign for OU. I hope they're putting the hard press on him.

8timechamps
1/20/2013, 04:00 PM
Please tell me he's not related to Brett Romar. We don't need another one of those guys.

Oh hell no! Too close for comfort.

8timechamps
1/27/2013, 01:57 PM
Are you thinking of Lamar Robbins? Like I said, there are plenty more offers still out there, but these are the top 7 remaining. If OU can get Moore and/or Baker, they'll be done with the CB position.

Robbins committed to South Florida today. Wanted to stay close to home, and I think OU kind of let up recruiting him. They've put their apples in two baskets; Adrian Baker and L.J. Moore.

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 04:10 PM
Romar, Adeosun and Outlaw all visited Norman this last weekend. So far, sounds like everything went very well. Probably won't know until signing day though.

Mjcpr
1/28/2013, 04:51 PM
So nobody ditched them at the restaurant then? :D

8timechamps
1/28/2013, 05:08 PM
So nobody ditched them at the restaurant then? :D

Nobody's played the Tubby card....yet.

zseese
1/29/2013, 01:56 PM

It was Rhett Bomar...

sooner KB
1/29/2013, 02:16 PM

It was Rhett Bomar...

Are you kidding? What kind of name is "Rhett" ?

LakeRat
1/29/2013, 02:23 PM

It was Rhett Bomar...

Are you sure? I was really thinking I read about a Brett Romar somewhere.

Fraggle145
1/29/2013, 02:32 PM

It was Rhett Bomar...

http://www.soonerfans.com/faq.php?faq=soonerfans_faq#faq_acronyms

I thought for sure it'd be there... Ah well I tried to help the n00b. Maybe this will help. But damn that thing is old.

http://images.tvrage.com/people/30/88600.jpg

http://espnmediazone.com/us/files/2011/08/Spielman_bio.jpg

http://www.jimthorpeassoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Bob-Barry-1.jpg

Are you kidding? What kind of name is "Rhett" ?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2iBJQ2m3w2Y/TznQ6lD6AvI/AAAAAAAADco/o-2iLdD6_hc/s1600/Rhett1.jpg

8timechamps
1/29/2013, 03:06 PM
Romar's commitment hasn't been confirmed, so I'll wait until it becomes official to update.

8timechamps
1/29/2013, 09:19 PM
Not official, but I've updated with Romar commitment.