PDA

View Full Version : The National Media Is Racist:Ignoring The War On Young Black Men

FaninAma
1/18/2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/01/18/Media-Ignores-War-Against-Black-Men

FaninAma
1/18/2013, 11:15 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-09-28/the-plight-of-young-black-men-is-worse-than-you-think

diverdog
1/18/2013, 11:36 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/01/18/Media-Ignores-War-Against-Black-Men

Well you do know that Chicago is home to a very respected conservative paper. How come they are not covering this story?

FaninAma
1/19/2013, 12:32 AM
Well you do know that Chicago is home to a very respected conservative paper. How come they are not covering this story?

i did not differentiate between Liberal and Conservative media. In fact, I would probaby hold out more criticism for conservative media outlets who ignore the story. I do think the Chicago Tribune has probably covered the murders in Chicago quite a bit.

cleller
1/19/2013, 09:23 AM
Hmm. Could it be that these young men we are talking about got this way because the government funded their procreation instead of the families?

Blind people everywhere. As parents we all know that sometimes the toughest, but most important lessons are learned by withholding assistance.

XingTheRubicon
1/19/2013, 09:34 AM
Hmm. Could it be that these young men we are talking about got this way because the government funded their procreation instead of the families?

Blind people everywhere. As parents we all know that sometimes the toughest, but most important lessons are learned by withholding assistance.

I wonder sometimes if nanny state advocates know this and ignore it,...or it they are just flat-out ignorant.

I know liberal politicians are the former...I fear the bulk of their constituency is the latter.

ouwasp
1/19/2013, 12:03 PM
I haven't read the article. But I know a cop in a nearby metropolitan area that says this attitude is strongly held among the dept: If the gang-bangers wanna kill each other off, we don't care, we can't stop 'em. What we try to do is limit the effect the perps have on the law-abiding public.

Is that ignoring an issue or is it just dealing with reality? My question is a separate one from the OP I imagine.

TitoMorelli
1/19/2013, 12:16 PM
I thought all black violence, homelessness and other societal ills only occur during Republican presidencies. No lack of media coverage during those times.

Ton Loc
1/19/2013, 12:51 PM
I haven't read the article.

So why the post?

The article is spot on. No Father's, broken homes, crap families, no money, etc = plenty of violence and crime and mostly among each other. Which never made much sense to me, but I'm not from that background. Also, there's no story there for the media. You start reporting those crimes with the same importance as other crimes and you're stuck in the middle of uncomfortable conversations with no perceived easy answer and trying to have an honest conversation about just ends up to someone being called a racist. Liberal or the odd conservative big media outlet isn't touching this.

Start making the parents responsible for their kid's crimes. Sort of like if you have a dog that gets off the leash and mauls someone. Except that this is your kid...

okie52
1/19/2013, 12:59 PM

The Tribune endorsed Obama.

soonercruiser
1/19/2013, 02:56 PM
i did not differentiate between Liberal and Conservative media. In fact, I would probaby hold out more criticism for conservative media outlets who ignore the story. I do think the Chicago Tribune has probably covered the murders in Chicago quite a bit.

From the story in my other thread...

In fact, Chicago has so many shootings that the Chicago Tribune devotes a special section to them:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/crime-law-justice/crimes/shootings/020010001165.topic
The situation in Chicago is best illustrated by this single headline from last August:

13 people shot and wounded in 30 minutes of Chicago violence, including 8 on a single street

cleller
1/19/2013, 04:00 PM
It would be interesting to do a thorough examination of the persons involved in these crimes, and the extent government aid had played in their lives. The trouble is, if the finding was that violence increased with the amount of government aid people receive, the reaction would be to throw more money at it.

Failure to acknowledge cause and effect is illogical.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cs6000/spock1_zps95026c26.jpg

ouwasp
1/19/2013, 09:07 PM
Ton Loc- I figured the gist of the article from the title of the thread. The MSM has its own agenda, and this doesn't matter to them. In the sense that acknowledging the pervasiveness of the problem would also cast a great deal of blame on the social programs that were supposed to alleviate the very causes of said problem... a vicious circle indeed.

My observation was one of are we as a society just shrugging our collective shoulders at this? I think we are. The sad thing is I'm okay with it I guess, because I sure don't have a solution...

soonercruiser
1/19/2013, 10:57 PM
It would be interesting to do a thorough examination of the persons involved in these crimes, and the extent government aid had played in their lives. The trouble is, if the finding was that violence increased with the amount of government aid people receive, the reaction would be to throw more money at it.

Failure to acknowledge cause and effect is illogical.

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww14/cs6000/spock1_zps95026c26.jpg

Work long and prosper.....until Obummer redistributes it!
:panda:

Or, as Spock said...."explain the logic to me. I'm all ears"!

olevetonahill
1/19/2013, 11:06 PM

Why is the article Titled War ON young black men?
Shouldnt it be sompun like
War Between the crazyassed Blacks er sompun?

FaninAma
1/19/2013, 11:57 PM
Why is the article Titled War ON young black men?
Shouldnt it be sompun like
War Between the crazyassed Blacks er sompun?
Basically the war is the social devestation wreaked on black culture by social forces that have resulted in 72% of black babies being born to single mothers and the statistic that a black baby born in this country has an almost 30% chance of serving time in state or federal prison. (Please take note of the fact that blacks that live in Blue states have almost double the chance of being sent to prison as their fellow blacks who live in Red states.)

yermom
1/20/2013, 12:07 AM
so i'd like to hear how now starving the kids instead of feeding them gets dad back in the picture

FaninAma
1/20/2013, 01:28 AM
so i'd like to hear how now starving the kids instead of feeding them gets dad back in the picture

So you are saying that these families(=extended families)are so helpless or irresponsible that they would allow their own children to starve? I wouldn't send the money or food stamps directly to the families. I would provide specific services theough community centers for food and clothing. The SNAP school lunch program should continue. I would non-permanently remove an individuals ability to procreate after there's undeniable evidence they don't have the ability to take care of kids. This would be directed more at dead beat fathers than it would be mothers. What should adults do when irresponsible children keep making bad decisions that adversley affect themselves and others?

How are you going to feed these kids when the system goes broke or before that happens when resources start to get stretched really thin. Go spend a few hours in an inner city ER and see how badly medical funding is stretched in those communities. You think you're being humane by allowing these trends to continue because you think the governemt will always be there to save the day? it helps you sleep at nights. I understand the mindset.

Faceless, impersonal administration of charity by the government has been a disaster. Charity is a 2 way street. You need help? Fine. You should get help but you should also be mature enough and intelligent enough to learn to make different decisions than those that resulted in a situation of having to depend on strangers to feed your children.

BTW, I don't mean to single out African-Americans. The same trends that are devestating their communities are also increasing in white, hispanic, native American and Asian communities.