PDA

View Full Version : Predict the 2013 Big XII final standings

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 10:49 PM
I know it's waaaaay too early, but one can only talk about fake girlfriends and recruiting so much during the offseason. So, here's my way too early prediction:

1. Oklahoma
2. Oklahoma State
3. Texas
4. Kansas State
5. Baylor
6. Texas Tech
7. TCU
8. Iowa State
9. Kansas
10. West Virginia

Let's hear 'em...

SoonerInFortSmith
1/17/2013, 11:01 PM
West Virginia in the cellar below Kansas? I love it!

zseese
1/17/2013, 11:10 PM
1. OU
2. TCU
3. UT
4. OSU
5. BU
6. KSU
7. TT
8. ISU
9. WVU
10. KU

kevpks
1/17/2013, 11:13 PM
1. OU
2. Boone State
3. TCU
4. Mack
5. Baylor
6. K-State
7. ISU
8. Tech
9. WVU
10. KU

I think there is a legitimate chance of another split championship. This league looks pretty balanced.

goingoneight
1/17/2013, 11:21 PM
10 KU
9 ISU
8 TT
7 UT (QB competition between Ash and McCoy to continue into 2014 after 75-25 loss to OU)
6 WVU (averages 55 ppg and gives up 51 ppg)
5 BU (another Briles super QB)
4 KSU (running the ball and playing smart seems so old school)
3 OSU (a Texas-WVU hybrid team... new OC bails for head coaching job before the Alamo Bowl beatdown of B1G cellar dweller

BIG 12 CCG-- in Norman between the horny toads and the Sooners.

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2013, 12:53 AM
10. ku
9-1 all the others...honestly not sure or going to put anyone anywhere...

OkieThunderLion
1/18/2013, 08:23 AM
OU, OSU, and TCU, easily look like the 3 best teams on paper. Could go any order.

Baylor 4th.

Texas 5th.

olevetonahill
1/18/2013, 09:55 AM
Wheres Cowboy? Wanta see if he wants a chance to win his money back. :eagerness:

Ruf/Nek7
1/18/2013, 10:26 AM
OU, TCU, osu.....everything else is irrelevant. I believe 9 teams will be bowl eligible in the end.

CowboyMRW
1/18/2013, 03:11 PM
Wheres Cowboy? Wanta see if he wants a chance to win his money back. :eagerness:

What's up?

After looking at schedules,

I think it's going to be:

OSU
TCU
OU
Baylor
Texas
KSU
TT
ISU
WV
Kansas

badger
1/18/2013, 03:18 PM
10. West Virginia
You just hate Mountie, don't you?

My prediction:
1. Oklahoma (admittedly blind faith in stoops i trust)
2. Kansas State (unless snyder retires)
3. Baylor (art et al scared me last year. they're acting very un-baylor-like even without rg3)
4. Oklahoma State (the late season tumble last year will carry into this year, especially when 2-3 of their backup qbs are forced to look elsewhere for playing/starting time)
5. Texas (sucks)
6. West Virginia (no "D" in "WVU")
7. Iowa State (bowl eligible, and beat in-state rival Iowa again)
8. TCU (barely bowl eligible)
9. Kansas (NOT bowling)
10. Texas Tech (come on people, they JUST HIRED A 33-YEAR-OLD KLIFF KINGSBURY TO COACH THEM!)

OUNASH
1/18/2013, 04:34 PM
Not looking at this through crimson colored glasses. As much at it pains me I see.
1. OsU - Gave us all we could handle this year and we will be in stoolwater. We have more pieces to replace than aggie.
2. TCU - Might be the eventual winner. They have alot of players returning and could be the real thing.
3. OU - We have alot of question marks.
4. Baylor
5. Texas
6. Kansas State
7. Iowa State
8. Texas Tech
9. KU
10. WVU - They will suck next year.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/18/2013, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=OUNASH;3579093]Not looking at this through crimson colored glasses. As much at it pains me I see.
1. OsU - Gave us all we could handle this year and we will be in stoolwater. We have more pieces to replace than aggie.
2. TCU - Might be the eventual winner. They have alot of players returning and could be the real thing.
QUOTE]

Agreed, I don't think TCU will be there in the end though. I think its OU, OSU, and then everybody else.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/18/2013, 04:45 PM
Not looking at this through crimson colored glasses. As much at it pains me I see.
4. Baylor
5. Texas
6. Kansas State
7. Iowa State
8. Texas Tech
9. KU
10. WVU - They will suck next year.

Not gonna make my own, but this one looks more like one i would make.

picasso
1/23/2013, 03:28 AM
What's up?

After looking at schedules,

I think it's going to be:

OSU
TCU
OU
Baylor
Texas
KSU
TT
ISU
WV
Kansas
Your sig fails to mention which sport/program put this state on the map. Two completely different animals. Just look at the pokegasm you nerds had two seasons ago. Ghey.

CowboyMRW
1/23/2013, 12:12 PM
Lighten up Francis. The sig is because I lost a bet to one of your fellow Sooner if you must know

badger
1/23/2013, 12:22 PM
Lighten up Francis. The sig is because I lost a bet to one of your fellow Sooner if you must know

It is having its intended effect I see :D

I will have to find a way to top it for the next Poke loss :stunned:

PS: OSU's wrestling is still undefeated!

LakeRat
1/23/2013, 01:12 PM
1. BU
2. OU
3. OSU
4. TCU
5. TT
6. TU
7. ISU
8. KSU
9. WVU
10. KU

SoonerSpock
1/26/2013, 08:57 AM
1. TCU
2. OSU
3. Texas
4. OU
5. Baylor
6. KSU
7. ISU
8. Tech
9. WVU
10. KU

soonervegas
1/26/2013, 03:00 PM
1. Oklahoma State
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma
4. TCU
5. Baylor
6. Kansas State
7. West Virginia
8. Iowa State
9. Texas Tech
10. Kansas

Any of the top 5 could win and it wouldn't shock me.

picasso
1/26/2013, 03:40 PM

Don't tell me to lighten up and don't call me Francis. I'm years ahead of you on Stripes. Bitch.

picasso
1/26/2013, 03:41 PM
Some of you guys are a sad lot.

8timechamps
1/26/2013, 04:36 PM
You just hate Mountie, don't you?

My prediction:
1. Oklahoma (admittedly blind faith in stoops i trust)
2. Kansas State (unless snyder retires)
3. Baylor (art et al scared me last year. they're acting very un-baylor-like even without rg3)
4. Oklahoma State (the late season tumble last year will carry into this year, especially when 2-3 of their backup qbs are forced to look elsewhere for playing/starting time)
5. Texas (sucks)
6. West Virginia (no "D" in "WVU")
7. Iowa State (bowl eligible, and beat in-state rival Iowa again)
8. TCU (barely bowl eligible)
9. Kansas (NOT bowling)
10. Texas Tech (come on people, they JUST HIRED A 33-YEAR-OLD KLIFF KINGSBURY TO COACH THEM!)

Heh...maybe not so much the school, it's teams and/or fans, just it's football coach. In any event, WVU did it all on offense last year, and they're losing almost every big time player they had. It's going to be rough there.

I actually kind of think you may be right about TT though. No matter how excited their fanbase is to have "their boy" back, it's going to be a learning experience for him, which could be really hard.

lexsooner
1/26/2013, 04:56 PM
How come nobody thinks Texas is going to win the Big XII? Isn't 2013 their year, when they are no longer "young?" If your predictions pan out, Mack will be bought out and UT may hire a coach we fear.

8timechamps
1/26/2013, 10:44 PM
How come nobody thinks Texas is going to win the Big XII? Isn't 2013 their year, when they are no longer "young?" If your predictions pan out, Mack will be bought out and UT may hire a coach we fear.

There's a tiny part of me that keeps thinking the Longhorns we've seen are just an anomaly, and the actual Longhorns are going to show up next year. But, I've been thinking that for a while. Sometimes, when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...even if it was a swan on time...it's still just a duck.

JLEW1818
1/26/2013, 11:17 PM
i think the Pokes win the Big12

lexsooner
1/27/2013, 12:09 AM
My mostly uninformed self thinks OU's chances hinge on the quarterback position and more specifically whether Knight or Thompson can step up and shine. I just don't see a Belldozer-led team being anywhere near conference title caliber. Then, Landry Jones will suddenly seem pretty darn good.

Ruf/Nek7
1/27/2013, 08:14 AM
My mostly uninformed self thinks OU's chances hinge on the quarterback position and more specifically whether Knight or Thompson can step up and shine. I just don't see a Belldozer-led team being anywhere near conference title caliber. Then, Landry Jones will suddenly seem pretty darn good.

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you have faith in Bell? Now understand, I'm not looking to get in a pissing match, I am just curious cause you are not the only guy I've seen say that on here. I, for one, have full faith in Bell and think he can definitely take us next level. I feel as though we may never see Knight/Thompson due to Cody Thomas. We shall see.

lexsooner
1/27/2013, 10:34 AM
If you don't mind me asking, why don't you have faith in Bell? Now understand, I'm not looking to get in a pissing match, I am just curious cause you are not the only guy I've seen say that on here. I, for one, have full faith in Bell and think he can definitely take us next level. I feel as though we may never see Knight/Thompson due to Cody Thomas. We shall see.
Well, from my admittedly limited observations, he doesn't pass very well.

LakeRat
1/28/2013, 01:28 PM
Bell has gotten a lot better over the last two years. When he was a redshirt frosh, he was bad in the pocket. He has developed very well. he isn't there yet, but still has an off season. Plus, his run threat will help him a lot similar to how it helped RG3 in the NFL. He doesn't have to be Sam, Jason, or Josh.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/28/2013, 01:40 PM

I don't know what kind of starting QB Bell would be because they haven't allowed him to do too much..I do think Knight or Thompson have a real shot at being the #1 next season though..

thecrimsoncrusader
1/28/2013, 03:13 PM
I will bet on OU's unproven QB getting it done over any other unproven QB in the conference given OU's history at that position in the Bob Stoops era. And this is the best situation an unproven OU QB has been in a very long time in relation of the experience of the offensive line, receivers and running backs. And when it is all said and done with, OU could very well end up with the best proven QB in the conference by season's end.

hvhurricane
1/31/2013, 09:34 PM
Bell has gotten a lot better over the last two years. When he was a redshirt frosh, he was bad in the pocket. He has developed very well. he isn't there yet, but still has an off season. Plus, his run threat will help him a lot similar to how it helped RG3 in the NFL. He doesn't have to be Sam, Jason, or Josh.

You are seriously going to compare Bell to RG3 because OU ran the Belldozer the last two years? I don't understand why everyone is so positive about Bell. Yes, he can run it in from the 2, but you have to get it to the 2 first. I don't know how good he will be, but he isn't going to be another RG3 at the college level. He will not be running the same system, either. A Stoops QB isn't going to running for 700 yards anytime soon.

goingoneight
1/31/2013, 09:53 PM
I really don't see OU changing their offense like everyone thinks they will. I can see them adapting things to suit their personnel because they always have. However, this talk about making OU's mobile QBs a part of the game just doesn't sound very Stoops-ish. At one time, yes... but remember that Jason White (pre-injuries) wasn't the best passer and OU had a lot of problems on offense. He was basically scrambling around to make plays out of necessity before they started the option stuff with him and Q. Two knee surgeries later and all of a sudden the QB position at OU became the same thing it is in Tuscaloosa currently. Either way I have no problem.

That all said, I think most of OUr guys will mae plays on the ground that LJ didn't. Sort of like the transition from White to Bomar. The QB this year might not be quite the passer that LJ was, but we'll be treated to some good, tough run plays by the signal callers.

MyT Oklahoma
2/1/2013, 09:24 PM
I can still remember an unproven QB taking over in 1973 and going on to only lose 1 game and 1 tie over three years, along with two National Championships.

Next year may be more fun than some of you think. Only time will tell and that's what makes college football so much fun. You just never know.

However, at OU the "you just never know" usualluy turns out better than most everywhere else.