PDA

View Full Version : Now I feel better about our 10-3 season.

MyT Oklahoma
1/16/2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah I know that I've complained as much as anyone for our 10-3 season until I read this. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/usc-becomes-even-bigger-joke-reports-flat-brawl-212618191--ncaaf.html

USC becomes an even bigger joke with reports of “flat-out brawl” in locker room after Sun Bowl

By Frank Schwab | Dr. Saturday

We've heard of locker room fights in football before, but have never heard of an all-out brawl among a team.

So there you go. USC did place first in something last season.

USC's season went from massive disappointment to outright debacle after its 21-7 loss to Georgia Tech in the Sun Bowl. The Los Angeles Daily News reported that 10-15 Trojans players got into a fight in the locker room. ESPN.com confirmed the story and said sources called it a "flat-out brawl."

"It was one of the worst things I've seen in a locker room," an unnamed USC player told the Daily News.

The USC story, coming off a season led by coach Lane Kiffin in which it was picked No. 1 in the preseason but finished 7-6, is now officially ridiculous.

Based on both reports, the fight started when younger players questioned the team's seniors on their leadership and effort in the Sun Bowl (USC had effort problems this season? You don't say ... ). ESPN.com said, in particular, a freshman questioned senior quarterback Matt Barkley on why he didn't play. Barkley injured his shoulder in the second-to-last game of the season.

Barkley denied on ESPN Radio that any punches were thrown, although "tempers flared." A security guard backed up that story to ESPN.com. Whatever specifically happened, one USC player told ESPN.com it wasn't a pretty scene.

"When I came into the locker room ... it was just pure chaos in there," the player said. "... I think there was a lot of frustration. There were some things said by some guys on our team who are just hotheads."

Freshman offensive tackle Zach Banner told the Daily News, "It's going to be a whole new family atmosphere next season and you can quote me on that. For the seniors, it's terrible."

Hate to tell you Zach, but it's terrible for pretty much anyone even loosely affiliated with the USC football program.

Here's the final tally of USC's Sun Bowl experience. The Trojans embarrassed the school before the bowl. They rolled over during the bowl and were dominated by a 6-7 team. Then they turned on each other after the bowl. Quite a triple crown for USC.

The problems at USC seem so deeply rooted, it certainly makes one wonder if it's something that can be fixed in one offseason. Last we checked, the same head coach from the 2012 fiasco is still leading that program.

Fight on, ol' SC.

goingoneight
1/16/2013, 10:30 PM
I'm not happy with continuing the Domer losing streak or our attrocious defense... but this does offer some perspective. OU message boards were lit with people talking about how they wish they had a coach like Kiffin after the KSU loss.

8timechamps
1/16/2013, 10:33 PM
Kiffin just continues to impress me.

The guy has to have incriminating pictures of somebody. Because he damn sure isn't a good coach.

lexsooner
1/17/2013, 07:11 AM
So how can USC delve out the appropriate punishment of sitting out the first series in next Year's opener if the whole team was involved? It's sickening how top recruits still want to go there.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/17/2013, 07:39 AM
So how can USC delve out the appropriate punishment of sitting out the first series in next Year's opener if the whole team was involved? It's sickening how top recruits still want to go there.

It's certainly not for the football.

agoo758
1/17/2013, 08:34 AM
OU message boards were lit with people talking about how they wish they had a coach like Kiffin after the KSU loss.

Um..... who said that?

TUSooner
1/17/2013, 09:32 AM
I'm not happy with continuing the Domer losing streak or our attrocious defense... but this does offer some perspective. OU message boards were lit with people talking about how they wish they had a coach like Kiffin after the KSU loss.

Wha...?? That may have happened, but I never saw it around here. And who would want a sophomoric dime-store gangsta-wannabe punk like Kiffin anywhere near your program (unless you're Pat Haden).

soonercastor
1/17/2013, 09:43 AM
Um..... who said that?

Yup I'm calling bull**** on that one.
And I fail to see how this makes one feel better about our season.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/17/2013, 10:12 AM
Perhaps a certain Bamer or orange aggy regular poster here is trolling?

goingoneight
1/17/2013, 10:42 AM
Scout boards, landthieves for two examples. I saw it multiple times in their meltdown threads.

yermom
1/17/2013, 11:51 AM
2-3 losses is a down season. 90% of other schools would be hoping their coach wasn't looking for a better job after that.

lexsooner
1/17/2013, 12:10 PM
Ten wins after playing a very tough schedule, demolishing UT, and a share of the XII conference title is not too shabby. Admittedly, losing the way we did to the Aggies was a downer, but I just don't see why so many fans are disappointed with the season.

Wishboned
1/17/2013, 01:17 PM
I feel better just knowing none of our players had fake girlfriends.

Curly Bill
1/17/2013, 01:46 PM
Ten wins after playing a very tough schedule, demolishing UT, and a share of the XII conference title is not too shabby. Admittedly, losing the way we did to the Aggies was a downer, but I just don't see why so many fans are disappointed with the season.

It's not just this season, but a trend of like seasons.

Soonerjeepman
1/17/2013, 01:57 PM
not necessarily upset with the 10 wins...but the end of the season complete breakdowns on defense...with a lot leaving..not much experience coming back next year and the SEEMINGLY lack of early recruiting...our top DT (target) and LB (after being committed for awhile) are headed elsewhere..

Seems recruiting has made a little comeback and maybe it's best that we don't have THAT experience coming back on the D side considering how it ended up. Who knows. Yes, many schools would love a 10/3 record over the last 3 years but this is Oklahoma, that's suppose to be the norm.

I've never once said fire stoops...just expressed some OPINIONS over how things went/seem to be going. I remember the dark yrs of the 90's.

Moore
1/17/2013, 02:50 PM
Ou is fine

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/17/2013, 02:57 PM
not necessarily upset with the 10 wins...but the end of the season complete breakdowns on defense...with a lot leaving..not much experience coming back next year and the SEEMINGLY lack of early recruiting...our top DT (target) and LB (after being committed for awhile) are headed elsewhere..

Seems recruiting has made a little comeback and maybe it's best that we don't have THAT experience coming back on the D side considering how it ended up. Who knows. Yes, many schools would love a 10/3 record over the last 3 years but this is Oklahoma, that's suppose to be the norm.

I've never once said fire stoops...just expressed some OPINIONS over how things went/seem to be going. I remember the dark yrs of the 90's.

And yet, you just bizarrely described 1999 (7 win season notwithstanding)

What was that DTs name that went to Texas? Adam something. There was a LB that bailed too.

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 05:28 PM

The thing is, it's no different than any year. I think it gets pointed out more when OU had a 'disappointing' season (and/or a bad loss to end the year), so I know a lot of folks think it's been bad. However, it's really no different than any other year. In fact, this may end up being one of the better classes in a while.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/17/2013, 05:42 PM
And yet, you just bizarrely described 1999 (7 win season notwithstanding)

What was that DTs name that went to Texas? Adam something. There was a LB that bailed too.

heh, adam doiron

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/doiron_adam00.html

agoo758
1/17/2013, 05:58 PM
Ten wins after playing a very tough schedule

Really? Who on that schedule was tough?

MyT Oklahoma
1/18/2013, 10:21 PM
The point of this thread was that things could always be worse. That was it in a nutshell. And they could be but they aren't.

I love winning as much as anyone else but some people just need to lighten up. This is a message board so have a little fun.

lexsooner
1/18/2013, 10:57 PM
OK, perhaps it's not so much this past season by itself, but the great concern is we have not been a national title contender the last few years or more and there is this feeling we have been left behind by the SEC powers. I am quite certain Ohio State, Texas, USC fans have this same feeling. And the way thing are going with recruiting, it does not appear things are going to change in the near future. I'll buy all that. Does this sum it up pretty well?

Jacie
1/19/2013, 12:00 AM
Strictly speaking, every team except Alabama has been left behind as far as MNC's are concerned.

Until they go down, the rest of the D-1 teams are playing to see who finishes second.

Scott D
1/19/2013, 12:15 AM

clearly this post is why people who use meth shouldn't have access to someone else's computer. (not referring to you, but the idiots you suggest have access to any form of technology)