PDA

View Full Version : Men vs. Tech

8timechamps
1/16/2013, 07:13 PM
I don't get the game, so I'll be listening via the innerwebs.

Updates are welcome...as badger assured me this is going to be a sure "W", I expect a fun night.

Eielson
1/16/2013, 07:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Does this work for you?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/16/2013, 07:55 PM
No coverage down here either. Dang!

8timechamps
1/16/2013, 08:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Does this work for you?

Yeah, I checked right after tip off, and I got it.

Sloppy possessions here at the end of the half.

8timechamps
1/16/2013, 09:37 PM
Buddy Hield is going to be a stud!

Eielson
1/16/2013, 09:55 PM
It's pretty incredible to be on our way to 3-0 in conference (4-0 against Big XII teams). It's been an easy stretch, but it still feels good. It will be interesting to see if we can pull off a huge road win in Manhattan on Saturday.

8timechamps
1/16/2013, 10:09 PM
It's pretty incredible to be on our way to 3-0 in conference (4-0 against Big XII teams). It's been an easy stretch, but it still feels good. It will be interesting to see if we can pull off a huge road win in Manhattan on Saturday.

This team is really coming together. I like the way they play defense, and even when our shooting got bad, the team fought hard.

KSU is a really good team this year, but I'm not sure they are head and shoulders ahead of OU. It'll be tough getting a W in Manhattan, but certainly a possibility.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/16/2013, 10:40 PM
To win by 18 tonight is a big deal, imo. Coming off a W vs little brother and heading in Manhatten in 3 days? This was a game that could have been a bad loss. Instead, the guys got a solid W to improve to 3-0!

I say its a job well done!

tycat947
1/16/2013, 10:44 PM
Good win! I think we're very consistent on defense and we're improving on offense. Would be great to steal a win in Manhattan but I will settle for a loss as long as we stomp the heII outta the whorns on Big Monday!!!

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2013, 10:53 PM
thought they played really well at times, got a little sloppy but dang sure is much better than last year. Think we ended up with 4 in DF? maybe 5...Good to see Coach K use the other big man for a bit, we'll need bigs against ksu and ku. Hopefully a close good game Sat. Can take a loss but don't want to get blown out.

TopDog8025
1/16/2013, 11:57 PM
Recap right here. http://isportsweb.com/?p=197495

Eielson
1/17/2013, 01:29 AM
This team is really coming together. I like the way they play defense, and even when our shooting got bad, the team fought hard.

KSU is a really good team this year, but I'm not sure they are head and shoulders ahead of OU. It'll be tough getting a W in Manhattan, but certainly a possibility.

We're certainly better equipped to knock them off this year than we were last year when we swept them. The crazy thing is that if we beat them, I think we are genuinely the favorites to finish 2nd in the conference (not just based on records).

Boomer.....
1/17/2013, 08:37 AM
3-0: Oklahoma's best Big 12 start since 2008-09
5: Consecutive wins for the Sooners
18: Largest margin of victory in a Big 12 contest since 2/14/2009

On the right track!

badger
1/17/2013, 09:09 AM
Sorry I didn't join in - baby badger issues again :mad:

I did get to see the game though (DVR is wonderful if you are ever unsure if you will be able to stay with your TV during a Sooner game) and while I would have liked a 20-30 point win instead, we even got to bring Fraschilla in.

Now... to beat KSU like we did repeatedly last year! :D

I Am Right
1/17/2013, 01:42 PM
Good Defense last night

Bourbon St Sooner
1/17/2013, 02:19 PM
Lackadaisical first half followed by a really solid second half.

I have a man crush on Buddy Hield. Not a Manti Teo type man crush, but the other platonic kind. That guy was just flying around on both sides of the court. It's nice to see our freshmen having fun playing defense.

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 05:36 PM
We're certainly better equipped to knock them off this year than we were last year when we swept them. The crazy thing is that if we beat them, I think we are genuinely the favorites to finish 2nd in the conference (not just based on records).

Lot's of hoop to be played, but a W in Manhattan would set us up for a potential #2. Iowa State is pretty good this year, and Baylor will be dangerous, but both are absolutely beatable.

badger
1/18/2013, 01:52 PM
Point of information: As requested, Sooner basketball (mens and womens) have made their triumphant return to vBookie. If you wish to participate in these events in the future, please support them today by vBetting now.

This is also the perfect way to know when the next OU game is (men @ksu, women hosting whorn on Saturday).