View Full Version : ****Official NFL Draft Talk****

Pages : 1 [2]

OUmillenium
4/26/2013, 07:00 PM
Was Lane predicted to go this high? I saw the ticker today and was surprised. Very excited for him.

when is the next Sooner gonna get picked?

How bout Casillas's call for the Cowboys pick. Everybody else has stuck to the script pretty well.

badger
4/26/2013, 07:13 PM
Np and i saw tony's appearance too. Lol at making ny boo more :)

Mjcpr
4/26/2013, 07:51 PM
Dallas sucks at this. :(

EatLeadCommie
4/26/2013, 08:27 PM
I think Terrance Williams is a great pick. Kid has straight line speed that nobody can cover.

ouleaf
4/26/2013, 08:45 PM
Dallas sucks at this. :(

Yep....no clue what they are doing...One of the most bizarre drafts in recent years for them.

rock on sooner
4/26/2013, 08:51 PM
Yep....no clue what they are doing...One of the most bizarre drafts in recent years for them.

Jerrah prolly strung out from sumthin...

Mjcpr
4/26/2013, 09:02 PM
I think Terrance Williams is a great pick. Kid has straight line speed that nobody can cover.

Yes...I like the last two picks a lot better than the first two.

Eielson
4/26/2013, 09:25 PM

As a Rams fan, I would've been happy if they grabbed him in the first round with #22. He's an absolute steal in the third round.

hawaii 5-0
4/26/2013, 09:40 PM
Interesting that now Sam has both WV wide receivers to throw to.

Texass WR Goodwin picked before Stills??? He has no hands. Guess he'll be a kick/punt returner.

I wonder if Jefferson and Stills are having second thoughts about leaving early......

Nice that GB got 'Bama's Lacey. He's gonna be good.

5-0

badger
4/27/2013, 07:53 AM
Before you completely trash any team's draft, even though I LOVE to bash Dallas and would join in readily during any season's "Cowboys suck" discussion, a lot of the gems get picked up in later rounds. In fact, I give much credit to Green Bay's continued success by their ability to find day 3 (previously day 2) gems, as well as good undrafted free agents.

Every team has their sucky high draft picks. They're the ones fans and media complain about for years. It's the lower draft picks that help you build continuity and roster stability with depth (not to mention players on the cheap!).

REDREX
4/27/2013, 11:38 AM
Interesting that now Sam has both WV wide receivers to throw to.

Texass WR Goodwin picked before Stills??? He has no hands. Guess he'll be a kick/punt returner.

I wonder if Jefferson and Stills are having second thoughts about leaving early......

Nice that GB got 'Bama's Lacey. He's gonna be good.

5-0----Stills and Jefferson will be lucky to be picked at all

Eielson
4/27/2013, 01:19 PM
I'm hoping the Rams grab him, but they would probably pass. After drafting Austin and Bailey, I'm sure they've watched film on the OU/WVU game.

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2013, 02:09 PM
Stills to the Saints. Good fit

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/27/2013, 02:36 PM
Wow TJ is entering cut territory

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/27/2013, 05:09 PM
Wow TJ is entering cut territory

I think TJ just passed Wilkerson for worst early entrant decision under Stoops.

Fraggle145
4/27/2013, 10:02 PM
I think TJ just passed Wilkerson for worst early entrant decision under Stoops.

Yep. that wasnt his best decision. Hopefully he can get on somewhere...

Sabanball
4/27/2013, 10:14 PM
For giggles, why don't you look at the recruiting rankings and see that most of these guys are all over the place. Out of the 1st 6 picks you have 2 four stars, a 3 star, a 2 star and 2 walkons (I can't even find Anseh's profile in 2003/4).

Here is Lane Johnson's high school profile -> http://texas.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=420904

Yes there are a lot of 4 stars, but that is the top 200 players and they are scattered all over the country.

A record 63 players were drafted that PLAYED in the SEC. That's almost two complete rounds worth of players....say what you may about our conference and hate it all you want, but that's pretty damn amazing...

Final draft breakdown by "conference"- SEC East- 32, SEC West- 31, ACC- 31, PAC 12- 22, Big Ten- 22, and the Big 12 finished with 22 also.

Eielson
4/27/2013, 11:23 PM
A record 63 players were drafted that PLAYED in the SEC. That's almost two complete rounds worth of players....say what you may about our conference and hate it all you want, but that's pretty damn amazing...

Final draft breakdown by "conference"- SEC East- 32, SEC West- 31, ACC- 31, PAC 12- 22, Big Ten- 22, and the Big 12 finished with 22 also.

Congrats. You guys also set records for how many kids you signed.

badger
4/28/2013, 10:17 AM
Congrats. You guys also set records for how many kids you signed.

You mean teams that have more players in college have a greater chance of having more players drafted than those that have fewer players in college? :eek:

colleyvillesooner
4/28/2013, 10:32 AM
Man I love coming here and reading pro SEC bull**** over and over from the same person

starclassic tama
4/28/2013, 11:40 AM
Man I love coming here and reading pro SEC bull**** over and over from the same person

no ****. who cares? everybody on this board with a functioning brain knows the SEC is dominating college football. but here's a newsflash for you sabanball, this is an oklahoma sooners football message board. do you know what conference the oklahoma sooners compete in? the big 12. therefore, it follows logically that the conference everyone on this board except for you cares most about is the conference that the oklahoma sooners compete in. that conference is not the SEC. so please just STFU.

Soonerwake
4/28/2013, 05:10 PM
I'm so glad someone else is getting tired of the Bama/SEC crap. Every single post has a Bama/SEC slant, every one..

We got it, you guys are good. Go away already..

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/28/2013, 05:34 PM
I thought this comment from Stoops re: Lane Johnson was interesting: "Coach Kittle and Coach Patton did a tremendous job of quickly acclimating him to compete at a high level, while Coach Schmidt and our strength staff did an outstanding job of accelerating his physical development."

While I'm sure he means it in all sincerity, it also comes off with a slight 'up yours' to the people who wanted Kittle/Patton gone, and still pick on Schmitty. Patton and Kittle were such lousy coaches that...oh, yeah, the QB they were given winds up being the fourth pick in the NFL draft.

I know the big knock against Patton and Kittle was recruiting, but there's a certain vindication there too.Our recruiting HAS gotten "difficult" it seems. Let's hope for improvement.

badger
4/29/2013, 08:20 AM
Satanball is good people, even if we're all sick of his team winning crystal footballs as often as they are. In general, Bammers are fun and football loving just like Sooners. I hope we start a home-home with them again soon (preferably after they suck a bit more than they currently are)

Bourbon St Sooner
4/29/2013, 08:52 AM
sabanball is a smug little ********* who probably lives in a trailer park down in LA (Lower Alabama) and his only joy in life, besides his nightly love making with the mad dog 20/20, is watching 20 year old kids dominate on the football field.

Maybe one day he'll figure out that if we want to hear about all things Johnny Reb conference we can tune into the mother ship and don't need his snarky punk *** over here.

badger
4/29/2013, 08:56 AM
sabanball is a smug little ********* who probably lives in a trailer park down in LA (Lower Alabama)

I'm glad you clarified "LA" or I'd wonder why you were insulting your home state :)