PDA

View Full Version : Chip Kelly is going to the Eagles

bmjlr
1/16/2013, 12:14 PM
Just heard that on Jay Moore Sports...who heads to Oregon now?

Edit: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chip-kelly-philadelphia-eagles-next-head-coach-leaves-oregon-ducks-for-nfl-011713

BillyBall
1/16/2013, 12:20 PM
Mark Helfrich, their O-coordinator.

tycat947
1/16/2013, 12:22 PM
Give it time, he'll change his mind!!! :highly_amused:

badger
1/16/2013, 12:23 PM
Just heard that on Jay Moore Sports...who heads to Oregon now?
A kiss-***, which is apparently what the Oregon boosters value more than BCS bowls and Pac 12 titles. Oh boo hoo, he won't attend booster events and play golf with us. :P

bmjlr
1/16/2013, 12:27 PM
A kiss-***, which is apparently what the Oregon boosters value more than BCS bowls and Pac 12 titles. Oh boo hoo, he won't attend booster events and play golf with us. :P

I can kiss ***...so I qualify!!! Don't know squat about coaching, but am great at drinking beer and playing golf!

goingoneight
1/16/2013, 12:47 PM
NCAA must be about to drop the hammer.

yermom
1/16/2013, 12:52 PM
is Vick staying? that seems like it would be interesting.

i hope they keep sucking. i guess i don't hate them as much as the Giants or Redskins though

badger
1/16/2013, 12:57 PM
is Vick staying? that seems like it would be interesting.

i hope they keep sucking. i guess i don't hate them as much as the Giants or Redskins though

I miss seeing them on TV. Their fans booing everything is funny

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2013, 01:06 PM
I won't believe it til he's there, at Philly. Beginning to look like something serious is coming down on the Nike U, don't it?

badger
1/16/2013, 01:10 PM
I won't believe it til he's there, at Philly. Beginning to look like something serious is coming down on the Nike U, don't it?

Step 1: NCAA begins snooping, but not enough to worry the fanbase.
Step 2: Head coach leaves for truckload of money at NFL job
Step 3: New guy, oblivious to the pending NCAA ban hammer, hired away from other program
Step 4: Former coach, still endeared to fanbase for winning during a period that seems like forever, writes book with title that will be ceaselessly mocked later
Step 5: NCAA ban hammer

EDIT: Step 1243: Players brawl after bowl loss when team finally gets bowl eligible again (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/8849887/usc-trojans-scuffle-post-bowl-defeat-sources-say)

Fraggle145
1/16/2013, 01:46 PM

Just ask Pete Carrol...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/16/2013, 02:00 PM

What I was thinking, when will the sanctions be released???

Ruf/Nek7
1/16/2013, 02:32 PM
I hope this opens the door for OU-Danny Mattingly talks. I would also like to see talks resume with the Robinson twins. Can't wait for the Cowboys to beat up on Kelly.

jkjsooner
1/16/2013, 02:41 PM
If I were them I'd try to bring back Bellotti. He's the guy who made them winners not Kelly.

I don't really care though. I hope those cheaters end up with their version of John Blake.

goingoneight
1/16/2013, 03:18 PM
It was a Kelly-Belotti dynamic. Either one would be good with the talent they have been bringing in. Which begs the question-- why is the NCAA investigating their ability to bring in said talent all of a sudden-like?

KantoSooner
1/16/2013, 03:27 PM
Who in their draft class might flip for us?

Ruf/Nek7
1/16/2013, 10:20 PM
Who in their draft class might flip for us?

Danny Mattingly is the only one I see OU having a shot with. He is an OLB. We could be a suitor for the Robinson twins but not likely.

goingoneight
1/16/2013, 10:33 PM
Tough to say. Depends on the kids. OU has a lot to offer anybody... but there's a lot of other good stops between here and Eucheat.

8timechamps
1/16/2013, 10:40 PM
Not sure anyone will flip (so late in the process, and it looks like a lot of their staff will remain intact). However, if anyone will, it'll be Dontre Wilson. He's a Texas kid, and had OU pretty high for a while. The Robinson twins could be a longshot (because they play offense). I don't think Mattingly has much interest...we aren't really a hot spot for LBs right now.

I doubt there's any fallout that benefits OU though.

PrideMom
1/17/2013, 10:34 AM
I heard on the radio (don't remember who) implying that the NCAA was going to be putting Oregon on probation, and Chip Kelly left because of that, (of course money probably has a part in it, too).

Midtowner
1/17/2013, 02:13 PM
I'm surprised no one has said it...

Stoops to Oregon.

JLEW1818
1/17/2013, 02:17 PM
I'm surprised no one has said it...

Stoops to Oregon.

Thread worthy, do it!!!!

CowboyMRW
1/17/2013, 04:08 PM
Not sure anyone will flip (so late in the process, and it looks like a lot of their staff will remain intact). However, if anyone will, it'll be Dontre Wilson. He's a Texas kid, and had OU pretty high for a while. The Robinson twins could be a longshot (because they play offense). I don't think Mattingly has much interest...we aren't really a hot spot for LBs right now.

I doubt there's any fallout that benefits OU though.

Wilson set to visit OSU February 1st.

Ohio State, Oregon, and Oklahoma State are his final 3 according to Rivals.

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 05:20 PM

Rivals is pretty dumb. Just FYI.

In all reality, the kid is going to end up at Oregon.

CowboyMRW
1/17/2013, 05:24 PM
Rivals is pretty dumb. Just FYI.

In all reality, the kid is going to end up at Oregon.

I think Ohio State.

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 05:39 PM
I think Ohio State.

You think? That'd be a decent loss for the Ducks. Urban Meyer can recruit though.

CowboyMRW
1/17/2013, 05:44 PM
You think? That'd be a decent loss for the Ducks. Urban Meyer can recruit though.

That's what I've been hearing. We recruited him a lot this year, as he was at our Junior Camp, and I thought it came down to Oregon and Oklahoma State, but here lately I've been hearing Ohio State. I know he definitely wants out of Texas.

Realistically he's be very successful at Oregon, OSU, or tOSU. I think we started pushing hard again when Randle declared.

But yeah, with Chip Kelly gone, I'm thinking Ohio State.

StoopTroup
1/17/2013, 06:05 PM
Jay Moore is still alive? Wow.

1/17/2013, 08:14 PM

Ohio State, Oregon, and Oklahoma State are his final 3 according to Rivals.then, he should stay in Oregon.

1/18/2013, 12:31 PM
It was a Kelly-Belotti dynamic. Either one would be good with the talent they have been bringing in. Which begs the question-- why is the NCAA investigating their ability to bring in said talent all of a sudden-like?I'm thinking they should go after Frank Solich. he's got lots of experience, and would do a good jorb for them.

badger
1/18/2013, 12:46 PM
I'm thinking they should go after Frank Solich. he's got lots of experience, and would do a good jorb for them.

Does Frankie really want to go down that road again? He was winning at Nebraska, but that ex-AD d00she deemed it "not winning enough." At Ohio (sans the state), he's winning and the team gets fired up for minor things... like black unis :D

1/18/2013, 12:51 PM
Does Frankie really want to go down that road again? He was winning at Nebraska, but that ex-AD d00she deemed it "not winning enough." At Ohio (sans the state), he's winning and the team gets fired up for minor things... like black unis :DI WUZ kidding, but am not kidding when I say that I would be pleased if they hired him.

badger
1/18/2013, 01:19 PM
I WUZ kidding, but am not kidding when I say that I would be pleased if they hired him.

Well as long as we're at it, let's replace Chip Kelly with Brian Kelly. Then, Notre Dame can get some overrated Joe Schmo when they play us in South Bend next year.

Jacie
1/18/2013, 11:56 PM
The squirrely thing about this one is that he made his intentions clear, going to the NFL, then saying he changed his mind . . . for 10 days.

That alone should have started an exodus of their recruits to look elsewhere but apparently, 18-year old highschoolers don't pay any attention to the news.

Sooner70
1/19/2013, 10:19 AM
Good riddance. CFB is better off with him leaving. I got off Kelly whenever his player punched the Boise State guy after they lost & he announced his player was "suspended for the season", and he let him back on a few games later. No credibility. Not surprised UO may be headed for NCAA troubles.

OUTrumpet
1/19/2013, 11:01 AM

Ohio State. Lock it. Unless they really screw up his visit.

Coach Kelly showed up to his house and was trying to squash the rumor the night before he took the job. He's pretty ticked at the Ducks.

agoo758
1/19/2013, 12:43 PM
Good riddance. CFB is better off with him leaving. I got off Kelly whenever his player punched the Boise State guy after they lost & he announced his player was "suspended for the season", and he let him back on a few games later. No credibility. Not surprised UO may be headed for NCAA troubles.

If by a "few games later" you mean the last game of the season where he had like 2 carries.

8timechamps
1/19/2013, 03:49 PM
If by a "few games later" you mean the last game of the season where he had like 2 carries.

Thanks, I was going to add that.

Legarrette Blount did that after the first game of the year, than didn't play again until the last game (and like you said, he hardly played then).

I'm no Chip Kelly fan, but the guy did good things at Oregon. I have no reason to dislike him.

Scott D
1/19/2013, 07:18 PM
People dislike him because he comes off as really cocky, especially with the fact that he's willing to go for 2 nearly every time they score. Personally, I think there's going to be some fire to follow the smoke from the recruitment of Lache Seastrunk, and it'll probably come out in the wash that there were at least half a dozen other players that Oregon essentially bought their recruitment.

8timechamps
1/19/2013, 08:44 PM
People dislike him because he comes off as really cocky, especially with the fact that he's willing to go for 2 nearly every time they score. Personally, I think there's going to be some fire to follow the smoke from the recruitment of Lache Seastrunk, and it'll probably come out in the wash that there were at least half a dozen other players that Oregon essentially bought their recruitment.

I'll bet you right, because he does come off as cocky. I don't have a problem with coaches that are like that (in fact, we have one of our own). I love the way Oregon always lines up for the PAT with the option of trying for two (depending on what the defense shows), but I know if it happened to OU, I'd be pissed.

His personality should fit in nice in the NFL. Not sure he'll be able to win there though.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Oregon is really dirty (at least in their recruiting practices). The Seastrunk thing will probably be the tip of the iceberg.