PDA

View Full Version : Not again. Sandy Hook conspiracy talk.

cleller
1/16/2013, 10:15 AM
I should apologize for even bringing the thing up, but these Sandy Hook conspiracies are really spiraling now. I take a dim view on all of them, as history has shown time and again nothing stays secret very long. As I've recently stated, if Clinton can't keep a simple BJ secret, how could anything on a grand scale be pulled off? Nixon's boys couldn't even burgle a doctor's office without getting caught.

Firstly, I don't support the notion that we need drastic gun law changes. Now we are supposed to believe our own government has a bunch of actors that go around to all these shootings, and hoax the country, kill children, etc. Their goal? Attempt to bring legislation to limit the size of semi-auto magazines; take away flash suppressors and bayonet lugs, etc. They are willing to kill children for that goal?

Ya, I know, its just the first step.

Does anyone really believe this stuff could be hoaxed? Actors? Someone thinks the shooters' attorney in Colorado looks like a child's mom in CT. If the government is going to go to the trouble of killing children, wouldn't they think about using different actors in each hoax?

Harry Beanbag
1/16/2013, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d516tIViRLI

Bourbon St Sooner
1/16/2013, 12:40 PM
The government conspired to give me a kidney once. God bless them.

Oh hang on, you're not supposed to say that. The non-defined deity of your choice or no deity at all bless them.

badger
1/16/2013, 12:59 PM
It's disrespectful to the victims to suggest that it was their own government that did it to them, and also gives the crazed gunmen way too much credit.

MURDERERS. That's all they are.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2013, 01:31 PM
The govt. is doing enough creepy and illegal stuff already, without even going down that road.

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2013, 02:17 PM
who the hell is saying it was a conspiracy? what a bunch of morons.

Midtowner
1/16/2013, 03:29 PM
Is this Alex Jones' handywork?

Really though, this is just badly done. I watched several chunks on it. It makes assertions such as just because there was only one media picture of children actually leaving the scene, that there in fact were no children at the scene... as if journalists are expected to be waiting outside of the school shooting area as the shooting occurs so we can get pictures of children actually leaving the scene. Schools run drills for these sorts of things, so by the time the news vans show up, the kiddos could be long gone from the premises.

It also asserts that because some guy int he woods wearing camo was taken briefly into custody that he must have been a second shooter.

jkjsooner
1/16/2013, 03:47 PM

Really though, this is just badly done. I watched several chunks on it. It makes assertions such as just because there was only one media picture of children actually leaving the scene, that there in fact were no children at the scene... as if journalists are expected to be waiting outside of the school shooting area as the shooting occurs so we can get pictures of children actually leaving the scene. Schools run drills for these sorts of things, so by the time the news vans show up, the kiddos could be long gone from the premises.

It also asserts that because some guy int he woods wearing camo was taken briefly into custody that he must have been a second shooter.

But keeping the children home and keeping all of them and their parents quiet would be so easy to do.

SicEmBaylor
1/16/2013, 04:49 PM
Wrong thread

Midtowner
1/16/2013, 04:52 PM
But keeping the children home and keeping all of them and their parents quiet would be so easy to do.

The more I think about it, I have to believe the individual who assembled this video is simply trolling because no one could possibly simultaneously be able to work a computer well enough to obtain and assemble lots of video, build that crappy set and edit things as he did while being dumb enough to actually be convinced of the crap he's spewing.

SicEmBaylor
1/16/2013, 05:07 PM
The more I think about it, I have to believe the individual who assembled this video is simply trolling because no one could possibly simultaneously be able to work a computer well enough to obtain and assemble lots of video, build that crappy set and edit things as he did while being dumb enough to actually be convinced of the crap he's spewing.

He lost me with his misspelling of, "hologram."

Look, I don't want to go into every detail of this **** but in general terms let me say this -- journalists suck. Cheap Albuquerque prostitutes are better at their jobs than the average journalist; sex peddling in general is a more honorable trade than journalism.

With that said, conspiracy theorists LOVE to look at ****ty factless news reports from early in a tragedy that don't mesh up with the final result as evidence of a conspiracy or cover up. Why on Earth people look at journalists and their ****ty early reporting of a tragedy as definitive "final" information is well beyond me.

Few people distrust and detest the Feds to the extent that I do but there is reasonable and righteous hatred and then there's crackpot hatred. This is crackpot stuff. I think it has more to do with people who are desperate to find deeper meaning in tragic events when there is no deeper meaning to pure evil and senseless violence. That's what makes it 'senseless.'

Midtowner
1/16/2013, 05:27 PM
Few people distrust and detest the Feds to the extent that I do but there is reasonable and righteous hatred and then there's crackpot hatred. This is crackpot stuff. I think it has more to do with people who are desperate to find deeper meaning in tragic events when there is no deeper meaning to pure evil and senseless violence. That's what makes it 'senseless.'

You assume his intent is honest here. I think this either has to be some poorly assembled satire or this is just someone yanking the innerweb's chain.

SicEmBaylor
1/16/2013, 05:29 PM
You assume his intent is honest here. I think this either has to be some poorly assembled satire or this is just someone yanking the innerweb's chain.
Well, I'm not just talking about the guy who produced the video but also the people who have seen and believe its content. I know more than a few.

Midtowner
1/16/2013, 05:31 PM
Well, I'm not just talking about the guy who produced the video but also the people who have seen and believe its content. I know more than a few.

Amazing that anyone would believe that.

8timechamps
1/16/2013, 06:27 PM
Sadly, whoever made the video probably believes it is 100% a government conspiracy. Probably thinks the moon landing was fake too.

It really must be hard living that kind of life.

cleller
1/16/2013, 07:11 PM
I thought the "is Elvis alive?" craze in the late 80s was kinda fun. Also that Elvis TV show that Priscilla had running for awhile was good, too.

diverdog
1/16/2013, 10:27 PM

Yes it is Alex Jones.

olevetonahill
1/17/2013, 12:07 AM
Yes it is Alex Jones.

Dont KNOW any Alex Jones, But I think All you dayum Libs are capable of sompun like this. :pirate:

colleyvillesooner
1/17/2013, 01:07 AM
Sadly, whoever made the video probably believes it is 100% a government conspiracy. Probably thinks the moon landing was fake too.

It really must be hard living that kind of life.

The moon landing was fake.

:)

olevetonahill
1/17/2013, 01:12 AM

I agree. Did you see any Green cheese in any of those Pics? Dint think so.

diverdog
1/17/2013, 08:06 AM
Dont KNOW any Alex Jones, But I think All you dayum Libs are capable of sompun like this. :pirate:

Vet, there is no media personality on the left that I know of who comes close to Alex Jones. The man is the leader of the tin foil hat club. I am not sure whether to call him a lefty or a rightie or a nut.

Boomer.....
1/17/2013, 08:36 AM
I am not saying that it was fake, but there are some strange things. I also wouldn't put it past the gubberment to spin the tragedy to push their anti-gun laws.

FaninAma
1/17/2013, 10:02 AM
I am not saying that it was fake, but there are some strange things. I also wouldn't put it past the gubberment to spin the tragedy to push their anti-gun laws.

The way Obama used kids as a prop to appeal emotionally to uninfoprmed people was shameless. Why can't the guy just try to be a leader for once and treat the voters like they were mauture, intelligent adults? Nevermind, the answer to that question is obvious.

Midtowner
1/17/2013, 02:29 PM
The way Obama used kids as a prop to appeal emotionally to uninfoprmed people was shameless. Why can't the guy just try to be a leader for once and treat the voters like they were mauture, intelligent adults? Nevermind, the answer to that question is obvious.

Oh wow.. You're using the same words as Alex Jones. Are you now going to say that Obama = Hitler because they both had children in photo ops? Do you know how absolutely derped that sounds to normal people?

http://www.infowars.com/other-tyrants-who-have-used-children-as-props/

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/images/volumes/1984-II.jpg

CVV87EH6VLk#!

Looks like we've been governed by Hitlers for a pretty long time.

olevetonahill
1/17/2013, 03:22 PM
Oh wow.. You're using the same words as Alex Jones. Are you now going to say that Obama = Hitler because they both had children in photo ops? Do you know how absolutely derped that sounds to normal people?

CVV87EH6VLk#!

What in the hell would you know about "NORMAL" people?

8timechamps
1/17/2013, 10:42 PM

Wasn't there a movie in the 80's about it? Gemini something (maybe the 70's). I have to admit, I've seen some pretty compelling arguments, but I can't buy into it.

Who would make up a fake moon landing, or girlfriend?!

cleller
1/18/2013, 10:32 AM
Wasn't there a movie in the 80's about it? Gemini something (maybe the 70's). I have to admit, I've seen some pretty compelling arguments, but I can't buy into it.

Who would make up a fake moon landing, or girlfriend?!

Capricorn One (1977), but it was a faked mission to Mars, set in the future. I've seen it, but seems like it wasn't too good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/

virginiasooner
1/18/2013, 12:02 PM
Capricorn One (1977), but it was a faked mission to Mars, set in the future. I've seen it, but seems like it wasn't too good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/

The fun part about "Capricorn One" is that the first Mr. Barbra Streisand (Elliot Gould) saves the life of the current Mr. Barbra Streisand (James Brolin).

mojorisen2014
1/18/2013, 12:15 PM
Truthers are dumb

FaninAma
1/18/2013, 12:25 PM
Truthers are dumb

I could give a rip if Obama was born in Kenya or Hawaii. It is a fact he has an American mother(unless she at some point renounced her US citizenship). . What causes me to want to find out more is the lengths to which Barak went to to cover up his past. You don't do go to such lengths to do that unless you have something to hide.

FaninAma
1/18/2013, 12:31 PM

CVV87EH6VLk#!

Nope. I just think if your are real leader you speak to people like they are intelligent adults. You don't wage a campaign based on emotion and rhetoric to try and strongarm your opponents in the debate.

I feel the same way with the GOP and their emotionally driven rhetoric reguarding the military. Quit using emotion to try and get the voters to agree with what you want. Give us the facts, be objective and quit misusing our human and financial resources.

BTW, not every photo-op is designed to try and bludgeon your opposition into submission like Obama's recent propaganda effort was. Also, I think it crossed the line and was especially low to have the kids become active participants by reading letters before the camera. That is a very slippery slope.

Midtowner
1/18/2013, 12:55 PM
Nope. I just think if your are real leader you speak to people like they are intelligent adults. You don't wage a campaign based on emotion and rhetoric to try and strongarm your opponents in the debate.

I feel the same way with the GOP and their emotionally driven rhetoric reguarding the military. Quit using emotion to try and get the voters to agree with what you want. Give us the facts, be objective and quit misusing our human and financial resources.

BTW, not every photo-op is designed to try and bludgeon your opposition into submission like Obama's recent propaganda effort was. Also, I think it crossed the line and was especially low to have the kids become active participants by reading letters before the camera. That is a very slippery slope.

Why do you expect politicians to fight with their hands tied behind their backs?

Would you vote to retain a prosecutor who never argued the damage done to victims' families (an emotional appeal for more punishment) in criminal sentencing?

I understand your objection, but neither party is not going to use emotional appeals or children as props and for either side to blast the other for that is just blatant hypocrisy.

FaninAma
1/18/2013, 12:57 PM
Why do you expect politicians to fight with their hands tied behind their backs?

Would you vote to retain a prosecutor who never argued the damage done to victims' families (an emotional appeal for more punishment) in criminal sentencing?

I understand your objection, but neither party is not going to use emotional appeals or children as props and for either side to blast the other for that is just blatant hypocrisy.

Nope I don't. Emotion is part of the discussion but when you use that as your only or primary basis for advancing your argument then you are doing a disservice to the country. And he crossed the line, even for a politician, when he used the kids the way he did.

I would criticize the Republicans if they did the same. A perfect example would be for the GOP to trot out kids who are upset because they have been told that the country is spending them into oblivion and that adults should know better than to run up massive debt. Number one, it wouldn't affect the thoughtless segments of our population and the politicians they support who do feel it is okay to saddle future generations with debt. Number two, it would play into the hands of the progressives who have nothing but emotion to offer in support of their policies.

Midtowner
1/18/2013, 01:02 PM
Nope I don't. emotion is part of it but when you only use that as a basis for advancing your argument then you are doing a disservice to the country. And he crossed the line, even for a politician, when he used the kids the way he did.

You mean like this:

zKLA3BODXr0
??

FaninAma
1/18/2013, 01:04 PM
You mean like this:

zKLA3BODXr0
??

All I see is an X because of the firewall in our clinic. Care to describe the video?

XingTheRubicon
1/18/2013, 01:06 PM
It's the "Obama is and elitist hypocrite" NRA video.

Midtowner
1/18/2013, 01:06 PM
All I see is an X because of the firewall in our clinic. Care to describe the video?

It's an NRA commercial.

Try this:

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2013/01/16/nra-ad-obamas-kids-get-armed-guards-yours-dont/1839119/

FaninAma
1/18/2013, 01:14 PM
It's the "Obama is and elitist hypocrite" NRA video.

But that is my point. Once you engage in this type of debate then facts and logic get tossed out the window. Why not show us the statistics that indicate how much safer(or not) people are in countries/cities/states with tough gun control laws. What are the statistics that show the violent crime rates, gun crime rates, murders and other pertinent data in various countries. I find it interesting that Norway, with some of the toughest gun laws in the world, suffered a single mass killing that exceeds all of the mass killings of kids in this country committed with guns for the past 30 years. Switzerland has a very high gun ownership rate among its citizens but has a low gun crime rate. What is their secret.

Also, be honest. At least admit in the debate that the number of guns in the country will not be significantly reduced by legislation unless you are willing to go door to door and confiscate guns out of homes.

mojorisen2014
1/18/2013, 01:21 PM
Truthers are dumb

I could give a rip if Obama was born in Kenya or Hawaii. It is a fact he has an American mother(unless she at some point renounced her US citizenship). . What causes me to want to find out more is the lengths to which Barak went to to cover up his past. You don't do go to such lengths to do that unless you have something to hide.

Just about everyone in politics is scumbag liars and has a couple closets full of skeletons.

Midtowner
1/18/2013, 01:25 PM
But that is my point. Once you engage in this type of debate then facts and logic get tossed out the window. Why not show us the statistics that indicate how much safer(or not) people are in countries/cities/states with tough gun control laws. What are the statistics that show the violent crime rates, gun crime rates, murders and other pertinent data in various countries. I find it interesting that Norway, with some of the toughest gun laws in the world, suffered a single mass killing that exceeds all of the mass killings of kids in this country committed with guns for the past 30 years. Switzerland has a very high gun ownership rate among its citizens but has a low gun crime rate. What is their secret.

Most voters don't care about facts. Or at least when presented with facts versus emotional arguments, emotion wins. That's why the far right (despite many facts to the contrary) still believes Obama is a Kenyan Marxist Muslim despite the fact that he's governed from the center-right.

Also, be honest. At least admit in the debate that the number of guns in the country will not be significantly reduced by legislation unless you are willing to go door to door and confiscate guns out of homes.

It really can't be. D.C. vs. Heller would prohibit a prohibition on all guns, but leaves a lot of room for background checks, an exception for the mentally ill, etc. A total ban, absent a constitutional amendment isn't even on the table.

XingTheRubicon
1/18/2013, 02:12 PM
Most voters don't care about facts. Or at least when presented with facts versus emotional arguments, emotion wins. That's why the far right (despite many facts to the contrary) still believes Obama is a Kenyan Marxist Muslim despite the fact that he's governed from the center-right.

As far as his foreign policy, I'll give you that.

However:

food stamps/entitlements - left

guns - clinging left

pillow biters - left of Barry Bonds

military spending - not right and not center

big business - mostly left (pay fair share) a little right with ball-licking wall st

secularism - left

naive arrogance - left and infinite

so I guess you could say center right...if right was Hubert Humphrey.

also, I don't know anyone here that seriously thinks he's muslim or not a natural citizen, etc.

Blue
1/20/2013, 02:23 AM
I bet only a few of you short attention span having morons even watched the video. I say that bc i skipped through it myself.

One question. Can somebody explain the "Father" that went from laughing to making himself cry in 30 seconds? That **** was creepy.

olevetonahill
1/20/2013, 03:29 AM
I bet only a few of you short attention span having morons even watched the video. I say that bc i skipped through it myself.

One question. Can somebody explain the "Father" that went from laughing to making himself cry in 30 seconds? That **** was creepy.

How bout the Parents LOL with Ghey Cooper?

I dont for a minute think the Gov conspired to do this. But I do firmly believe they are exploiting it to try and take the guns
Any one dont believe they want us disarmed Needs to go back 20 years or so and read what the Brady Bunch set out as their agenda.

yermom
1/20/2013, 04:09 AM
As far as his foreign policy, I'll give you that.

However:

food stamps/entitlements - left

guns - clinging left

pillow biters - left of Barry Bonds

military spending - not right and not center

big business - mostly left (pay fair share) a little right with ball-licking wall st

secularism - left

naive arrogance - left and infinite

so I guess you could say center right...if right was Hubert Humphrey.

also, I don't know anyone here that seriously thinks he's muslim or not a natural citizen, etc.

you left out big brother and ball-licking the RIAA/MPAA

8timechamps
1/20/2013, 08:17 PM

That was some strange shat. I can't explain that at all, but I've lived long enough to know two things:

1. Everyone grieves very differently.

2. Some people love the spotlight.

Given those two things, I can only assume the dude wanted to get his sympathy on when the cameras started rolling.

If I knew that guy personally, I would have monkey slapped him in the back of the head.