PDA

View Full Version : Senator Schumer Makes Dumbest Request In History

sappstuf
1/14/2013, 03:22 PM
Sen. Schumer Asks Gun Retailers To Stop Sales As Congress Debates (http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/13/sen-schumer-asks-gun-retailers-to-stop-sales-as-congress-debates/)

Sen. Charles Schumer says retailers that sell assault weapons should stop offering them for purchase while Congress discusses gun regulation legislation.

C&CDean
1/14/2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, let's see, I've got people 4-deep waiting to LEGALLY purchase a rifle but I'm gonna stop selling them because........?????

Riiiiight. **** off Schmucker.

badger
1/14/2013, 03:38 PM
Perhaps the government will pay retailers to not sell assault weapons.

Consider that at one time, the government really wanted farmers to stop planting so many crops on their lands so as to prevent another Dust Bowl and to bring crop prices to a more profitable level for all farmers. Since farmers had businesses to run, they weren't going to do it without motivation.

cleller
1/14/2013, 03:38 PM
More of that elitist, "I know best- let us decide for you" mindset at work.

pphilfran
1/14/2013, 03:42 PM
I guess we should stop all spending until we complete the debate on the budget...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2013, 03:49 PM
He is sounding like Sheila Jackson-Lee more and more all the time...

Soonerjeepman
1/14/2013, 04:17 PM
Perhaps the government will pay retailers to not sell assault weapons.

Consider that at one time, the government really wanted farmers to stop planting so many crops on their lands so as to prevent another Dust Bowl and to bring crop prices to a more profitable level for all farmers. Since farmers had businesses to run, they weren't going to do it without motivation.

they still do....my GF's mom gets 18K in CRP..I think that's it..or CPR..no what that's the breathing thing...lol

yermom
1/14/2013, 04:47 PM
yeah, leave money on the table in the current frenzy of gun buying. that's gonna happen.

KantoSooner
1/14/2013, 04:47 PM
Chuck Schumer is proof positive that the Democratic machine still functions to some degree. Man is dumber than a stump...and will continue to be elected until long after he's technically dead.