PDA

View Full Version : Well Its Happened. Thanks Journal news for Providing Criminals with a map

nutinbutdust
1/13/2013, 10:31 PM
LINK (http://www.nysenate.gov/press-release/breaking-news-attempted-gun-burglary-tied-journal-news-gun-maps)

BREAKING NEWS: ATTEMPTED GUN BURGLARY TIED TO JOURNAL NEWS GUN MAPS
Posted by Greg Ball on Sunday, January 13th, 2013
Sen. Ball renews call for immediate removal of maps and unveils legislation

Law enforcement plans rally to hold Journal News Accountable

Brewster, N.Y. – 1/13/2013 – Today Senator Greg Ball (Patterson – R, C, I) announced that a burglary has been reported on Davis Ave. in White Plains, New York that evidently ties into The Journal News gun maps. It is reported that the burglar used The Journal News’ interactive gun map to target a home included on the map. Luckily the gun was locked up and no one was hurt.

“The Journal News has placed the lives of these folks at risk by creating a virtual shopping list for criminals and nut jobs. If the connection is proven, this is further proof that these maps are not only an invasion of privacy but that they present a clear and present danger to law-abiding, private citizens. Former convicts have already testified to the usefulness of the asinine Journal News ‘gun maps’ yet the reckless editors are evidently willing to roll the dice, gambling with the lives of innocent local homeowners,” said Senator Greg Ball

Tomorrow, Senator Ball will be publicly unveiling three separate pieces of legislation, all with bipartisan support, among them (S2132), to protect the privacy rights of ordinary citizens; including: law enforcement personnel, victims of domestic violence and private citizens. Let it be clear however, that under Ball’s legislation that has garnered bipartisan kudos and support, law enforcement and all related agencies would continue to have full access to permit information. Senate bill (S2132) would protect lawful gun owners, including thousands of retired and active law enforcement and victim of domestic violence survivors, from having their information publicly disclosed.

“The same elitist eggheads who use their editorial page to coddle terrorists and criminals are now treating law abiding citizens like level three sexual predators. These bills are critical to keep folks safe and fundamentally protect their inherent right to privacy. I hope all of these bills will be brought to the floor for an up or down vote, and allowed to fail or pass on their own merits and not as part of a large, overarching gun-control package. This is not about the Second Amendment; these bills are simply about commonsense and personal privacy. Publishing this information on a website, as we have evidently just witnessed in the recent attempted gun burglary, provides criminals with a map of where they can steal firearms from lawful owners for later use in the commission of crimes. This legislation is critical,” said Senator Greg Ball.

Midtowner
1/13/2013, 10:46 PM
Lawsuit to follow...

BigTip
1/14/2013, 08:11 AM
My first thought when I heard about this before was that it would scare a criminal away from my house. "That house has a gun using owner inside, I will not go in there and risk my life."
But I guess the gun using owner is not always home.

I think people are more passionate about this subject than even Obamacare. I think it is becoming the "line in the sand."

Midtowner
1/14/2013, 08:33 AM
My first thought when I heard about this before was that it would scare a criminal away from my house. "That house has a gun using owner inside, I will not go in there and risk my life."
But I guess the gun using owner is not always home.

I think people are more passionate about this subject than even Obamacare. I think it is becoming the "line in the sand."

Actually, I think it tells crooks where they can steal a gun.

olevetonahill
1/14/2013, 09:32 AM
It tells em BOTH. Heres a Place to stay away from, If anyones home, and again Heres a Place to maybe score a weapon if NO ones home .
Sh*t aint always in absolutes.

yermom
1/14/2013, 09:52 AM
step 1: case the houses with guns, see when the owners aren't going to be there

step 2: invade the houes without guns

step 3: PROFIT!

SanJoaquinSooner
1/14/2013, 10:53 AM
LINK (http://www.nysenate.gov/press-release/breaking-news-attempted-gun-burglary-tied-journal-news-gun-maps)

This appears to be written by the guy who is introducing the bill.

badger
1/14/2013, 11:23 AM
Don't blame the media, blame the criminal.

Don't blame the guns, blame the murderer.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2013, 12:01 PM
How long before they sue the newspaper... I would be all over that...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2013, 12:03 PM
Don't blame the media, blame the criminal. But then excuse it because he had a poor childhood...

Don't blame the guns, blame the law abiding owner that had absolutely nothing to do with said crime...

FIFY...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/14/2013, 12:11 PM
I think people are more passionate about this subject than even Obamacare. I think it is becoming the "line in the sand."nothing more personal and sensitive than personal self protection. inalienable.

yermom
1/14/2013, 12:15 PM

everyone has a right to privacy. would you like to see a map of your neighborhood showing which houses all have sweet gaming systems?

badger
1/14/2013, 12:21 PM
everyone has a right to privacy. would you like to see a map of your neighborhood showing which houses all have sweet gaming systems?

I don't think gaming system ownership information is public record.

If you don't want gun registration publicized, change the law so that it isn't public record.

Soonerjeepman
1/14/2013, 12:23 PM
what's funny, in a sad way, is the libs who say "stay out of my bedroom" - homo stuff, or "out of my body" - abortion...seem to think publishing a map about gun owners ISN'T invading someone's privacy. Ironic.

badger
1/14/2013, 12:31 PM
what's funny, in a sad way, is the libs who say "stay out of my bedroom" - homo stuff, or "out of my body" - abortion...seem to think publishing a map about gun owners ISN'T invading someone's privacy. Ironic.

I've only voted for two Democrats in my (admittedly short) voting life. I get that there's ethics codes that suggest that just because you aren't breaking the law doesn't mean that you should do certain things... like publish the names of sexually assaulted victims just because they appear in legal documents, for example. However, I don't think that this reaches that level of self-governing privacy.

If gun owners need to be kept secret, change the law! If gun owners need to be made known to the public, keep the law! Simple as that.

I get that guns are expensive and expensive things tend to get stolen. What I don't get is why criminals would be stupid enough to try to steal expensive items that can kill you. Then again, I don't get why people use/steal/deal illegal drugs that can kill you via overdose.

KantoSooner
1/14/2013, 12:53 PM

On this one, I have to differ with you. This newpaper had no legitimate interest in publishing the addresses except to take a position in a policy fight. They are seeing results now that were absolutely predictable, they should be sued and lose their money.

Journalists seem to think they have some societal status like doctors or soldiers or something. They do not. They're hacks, like the rest of us, out trying to sell ad space. Nothing more. Nothing noble about it.

badger
1/14/2013, 01:00 PM
I am not sure how a lawsuit will turn out, but I agree that one will be filed.

I think that the public would have been better served with just the number of gun owner registrations in the area, not names/addresses.

However, if there is a genuine problem with names and addresses out there, then the law needs to be changed. I don't expect the media (which does not just include high-circulation papers and TV stations, but also fringe $1 publications that proclaim JUST BUSTED next to the strangest looking jail booking mugs) to change until the law does.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2013, 02:18 PM
You know. The editor and people at that paper were buying in to the hype that guns are bad and they don't want people to have guns. So they publish a map showing addresses. What was the intent, would other neighbors feel more safer nothing Mr. Smith next door had a permit for guns, NO. They wanted to embarass people with permits to give them up. They were trying to force theirs and the Progressive's agenda again onto people who don't want it. They even had guidance not to publish that, but they went ahead and did. That paper should be shut down, IMO. People should stop buying that crap and stop buying adverts, we'll see how long they say. And as Kanto says, the press is not protected and they are not noble...

Midtowner
1/14/2013, 02:32 PM
You know. The editor and people at that paper were buying in to the hype that guns are bad and they don't want people to have guns. So they publish a map showing addresses. What was the intent, would other neighbors feel more safer nothing Mr. Smith next door had a permit for guns, NO. They wanted to embarass people with permits to give them up. They were trying to force theirs and the Progressive's agenda again onto people who don't want it. They even had guidance not to publish that, but they went ahead and did. That paper should be shut down, IMO. People should stop buying that crap and stop buying adverts, we'll see how long they say. And as Kanto says, the press is not protected and they are not noble...

Shut down? We're going to shut down media outlets because we're offended by their speech?

In your zealous defense of the 2nd Amendment, you seem to have forgotten its predecessor.

Soonerjeepman
1/14/2013, 02:35 PM
On this one, I have to differ with you. This newpaper had no legitimate interest in publishing the addresses except to take a position in a policy fight. They are seeing results now that were absolutely predictable, they should be sued and lose their money.

Journalists seem to think they have some societal status like doctors or soldiers or something. They do not. They're hacks, like the rest of us, out trying to sell ad space. Nothing more. Nothing noble about it.

yup...plain and simple.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, as I said shut down by people not buying their crap... Capitalism at work.

Soonerjeepman
1/14/2013, 02:37 PM
I've only voted for two Democrats in my (admittedly short) voting life. I get that there's ethics codes that suggest that just because you aren't breaking the law doesn't mean that you should do certain things... like publish the names of sexually assaulted victims just because they appear in legal documents, for example. However, I don't think that this reaches that level of self-governing privacy.

If gun owners need to be kept secret, change the law! If gun owners need to be made known to the public, keep the law! Simple as that.

I get that guns are expensive and expensive things tend to get stolen. What I don't get is why criminals would be stupid enough to try to steal expensive items that can kill you. Then again, I don't get why people use/steal/deal illegal drugs that can kill you via overdose.

unfortunately in this climate of "guns are evil" that the dems have pushed this will not happen. As you said, hate on the shooter/criminal not the tool.

badger
1/14/2013, 02:45 PM
You know. The editor and people at that paper were buying in to the hype that guns are bad and they don't want people to have guns.

When I initially saw that they did this, my mind immediately went to the UW-Madison student paper that publicized the names of students selling their Rose Bowl tickets for huge markups, labeling them the worst Badgers.

I was reminded of it because it brought attention to something that people were curious about (and who isn't curious about which of their neighbors own guns?), it was something that the people outed might not want the public to know (guns are expensive, and they have a bad rep among some after a few high-profile fatal shootings), and it was the media that made the public reveal.

There's a legal solution that would please both Democrats (who are on an anti-gun spree) and Republicans (who are on a protect-owners spree) right now: Continue to require gun registry, but make the registry only open to government, not the public. There are many government records that are not open to the public (including a lot of arrest information on illegal immigrants). This can just be added to the list.

I think that this would stand up in courts if challenged, as we're dealing with lethal weapons here.

Midtowner
1/14/2013, 02:47 PM
Yeah, as I said shut down by people not buying their crap... Capitalism at work.

It's likely that the exact opposite is what happened.

badger
1/14/2013, 02:49 PM
I do not know the impact so far on this as far as readership and advertisers, but I can't imagine that it's very good. It'll be telling in a few months if they're still open, or if they have workforce downsizing.

unfortunately in this climate of "guns are evil" that the dems have pushed this will not happen. As you said, hate on the shooter/criminal not the tool.
My personal opinion on guns is that they're not for me, but if they're for you, go about it in a legal fashion. That said, the news about the shootings lately is devastating, especially being a fairly new mother. I don't know what the solution is, since lax gun law areas and strong gun law areas seem to have equal gun violence. But, I know where the blame is in crime: The criminals.

KantoSooner
1/14/2013, 03:21 PM
Exactly, Badger.
I don't see much space for compromise on this issue. I can not see much ground for restricting gun ownership under the 2nd Amendment. And I also see no way to adequately mentally screen the entire population and somehow force owners to completely secure their weapons. Further, I don't see much appeal in owning quasi military weapons except to address some pretty serious sexual inadequacy questions.
It was all sort of funny until someone started the fashion of shooting lots and lots of kids. That lost its novelty real fast with me.
Of course there must be punishment for the perps. Great. Except they tend to do the murder/suicide dealio which kind of removes the sting from any punishment. And the supply of poorly socialized young men with possible substance abuse problems is not in danger of running out anytime soon.
So, what do you do?
I predict we'll diddle around. A more thorough vetting process on buying and carrying weapons. More restrictions on buying ammo. Maybe on mags. More penalties for committing crimes with or in possession of guns. Probably schools will become even more locked down and will provide employment for a generation of guys who couldn't become cops but can be licensed to sit on chairs around the doors of schools so that, next time, THEY can be the first ones shot.

Get used to it. We're not going to do anything effective.

badger
1/14/2013, 04:17 PM

Pretty much. :(

Soonerjeepman
1/14/2013, 04:24 PM
Exactly, Badger.
I don't see much space for compromise on this issue. I can not see much ground for restricting gun ownership under the 2nd Amendment. And I also see no way to adequately mentally screen the entire population and somehow force owners to completely secure their weapons. Further, I don't see much appeal in owning quasi military weapons except to address some pretty serious sexual inadequacy questions.
It was all sort of funny until someone started the fashion of shooting lots and lots of kids. That lost its novelty real fast with me.
Of course there must be punishment for the perps. Great. Except they tend to do the murder/suicide dealio which kind of removes the sting from any punishment. And the supply of poorly socialized young men with possible substance abuse problems is not in danger of running out anytime soon.
So, what do you do?
I predict we'll diddle around. A more thorough vetting process on buying and carrying weapons. More restrictions on buying ammo. Maybe on mags. More penalties for committing crimes with or in possession of guns. Probably schools will become even more locked down and will provide employment for a generation of guys who couldn't become cops but can be licensed to sit on chairs around the doors of schools so that, next time, THEY can be the first ones shot.

You really believe that? lol..that's a long shot. FWIW I do own a high point 9 mm rifle. I like shooting..guns...at targets. Also FWIW I'm very satisfied in the sexual department (so is the GF) and a pretty confident normal guy. I like my 8in lift full cage heavy axle 97 wrangler...I also like the rep theatre, good food, friends. OU sports, my kids.

What's your hobby? maybe I can say your hobby is a result of your sexual inadequacies? lol.

XingTheRubicon
1/14/2013, 04:30 PM
You really believe that? lol..that's a long shot. FWIW I do own a high point 9 mm rifle. I like shooting..guns...at targets. Also FWIW I'm very satisfied in the sexual department (so is the GF) and a pretty confident normal guy. I like my 8in lift full cage heavy axle 97 wrangler...I also like the rep theatre, good food, friends. OU sports, my kids.

What's your hobby? maybe I can say your hobby is a result of your sexual inadequacies? lol.

He's not saying your lift full cage heavy axle is less than 8 inches...

Soonerjeepman
1/14/2013, 04:38 PM
she's good with it..it's how ya drive anyway...don't need 8 in.

KantoSooner
1/14/2013, 05:59 PM
Sorry to offend, SJM, but the whole military weaponry thing has always smacked, to me, of the same mindset that makes grown men want to go be TAMU cadets or to go play army soldier in the woods with their pretend militia buddies.

I'm more than happy with my shotguns, and good old simple rifles (bolt guns, tubular mags, etc). I've just never understood the drive to make like Rambo. Frisbee with the dog. My kick *** collection of vintage punk rock, winemaking and my garden. That and good friends pretty much complete my life.

But, to each his own.

Go ahead and reject that point if you wish, the conclusion still stands: we aren't going to do anything that really addresses the issue of young, deranged men going into public places and blowing masses of their fellow citizens away. There's no way to do anything without violating one or another sacred cows and the guardians aren't backing down. And maybe shouldn't. But let's not pretend that we're vaguely serious about addressing the issue.

SoonerorLater
1/14/2013, 06:43 PM
Shut down? We're going to shut down media outlets because we're offended by their speech?

In your zealous defense of the 2nd Amendment, you seem to have forgotten its predecessor.

What about "The Right To Privacy"? I can't find that one but it must be there since the Supreme Court said so....right?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/14/2013, 07:05 PM
I think you guys got duped by the politician trying to get legislation passed.

WHITE PLAINS — As police investigate a burglary over the weekend on Davis Avenue, Public Safety Commissioner David Chong said it’s premature to suggest that the house was targeted because a resident there is listed on a map of pistol permit holders published last month by The Journal News.

“It would be premature at this stage in the investigation, to connect this one burglary to The Journal News gun map,” Chong said. Asked about media reports on the possible link, he called it “pure speculation, at this point.”

“We see no pattern of people breaking into homes based on the map, but we’re certainly paying attention and monitoring that.”

The burglary was one of four recent burglaries in the city. The other three residences burglarized do not appear on The Journal News pistol permit holders map.

In the Davis Avenue break-in, a man reported at 9 p.m. Saturday that he returned to his home to find a rear second-floor window had been entered by someone who used a ladder. Jewelry was taken and pry marks were found on what the homeowner described as his gun locker. No weapons were stolen.

Soonerjeepman
1/14/2013, 08:41 PM
Kanto,

really? offending me? lol..nope could care less about what others think about what I do, think, say. I just think more guys want those type of guns for other reasons than sexual inadequacies, but if that's your thoughts so be it.

I agree with the premise that this is a horrible situation, and somehow something needs to be done. I just think more laws really are not going to do anything different to the criminals. Even if we limit mags, ammunition the bad guys will still get it. There are lots of things that are illegal but it doesn't stop folks from doing that.
I'd rather see more effort in early education, mental illness. Preventing those poorly socialized young men from developing into these lunatics.

olevetonahill
1/14/2013, 08:45 PM
Kanto,

really? offending me? lol..nope could care less about what others think about what I do, think, say. I just think more guys want those type of guns for other reasons than sexual inadequacies, but if that's your thoughts so be it.

I agree with the premise that this is a horrible situation, and somehow something needs to be done. I just think more laws really are not going to do anything different to the criminals. Even if we limit mags, ammunition the bad guys will still get it. There are lots of things that are illegal but it doesn't stop folks from doing that.
I'd rather see more effort in early education, mental illness. Preventing those poorly socialized young men from developing into these lunatics.

I like My Dick, I like My weapons, I do know the difference and can dayum sure tell em apart. Ones a Lean ****in machine the other is a mean assed firearm

TitoMorelli
1/14/2013, 09:48 PM
I like My Dick, I like My weapons, I do know the difference and can dayum sure tell em apart. Ones a Lean ****in machine the other is a mean assed firearm

4kU0XCVey_U

nutinbutdust
1/15/2013, 10:00 AM

Warning Sarcasm on... Why of course. When our forefathers wrote the first amemdment there was no way they could envision Television, radio, the internet and automated printing presses. They were talking about free speech in public or using manual printing presses that could only print one page at a time.....

olevetonahill
1/15/2013, 10:12 AM
4kU0XCVey_U

Aw the Heavy assed M 14
Hell of a Weapon

Warning Sarcasm on... Why of course. When our forefathers wrote the first amemdment there was no way they could envision Television, radio, the internet and automated printing presses. They were talking about free speech in public or using manual printing presses that could only print one page at a time.....

:very_drunk:

Curly Bill
1/15/2013, 10:29 AM
Does anyone suppose that those who throw out the sexual inadequacies excuse for things they don't like or agree with, have themselves some severe sexual inadequacies?

As a manner of argument it seems pretty lame - pun intended!

KantoSooner
1/15/2013, 11:17 AM
I dunno, Curly, I sorta smile whenever I see middle aged men buying sports cars, motorcycles, big fast boats, growing goatees, buying hairpieces, gold chains, unbuttoning their shirts down about two buttons too far and all the rest. Maybe those can be mid-life crisis stuff while the Rambo guns aren't.
Maybe.
Stop by Russell Knives in Rogers, AR sometime. Great knife shop and I heartily recommend the little stainless steel lockblade ($11 a piece with your company name engraved. Best trade show give away evar). You're sure to see lots of people buying knives in great variety. You'll also see the balding, overweight, panting losers over in front of the GIANT MAMBO BOWIE KNIFE/MACHETE case.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Curly Bill
1/15/2013, 11:21 AM
I dunno, Curly, I sorta smile whenever I see middle aged men buying sports cars, motorcycles, big fast boats, growing goatees, buying hairpieces, gold chains, unbuttoning their shirts down about two buttons too far and all the rest. Maybe those can be mid-life crisis stuff while the Rambo guns aren't.
Maybe.
Stop by Russell Knives in Rogers, AR sometime. Great knife shop and I heartily recommend the little stainless steel lockblade ($11 a piece with your company name engraved. Best trade show give away evar). You're sure to see lots of people buying knives in great variety. You'll also see the balding, overweight, panting losers over in front of the GIANT MAMBO BOWIE KNIFE/MACHETE case.

But now you're changing your "argument" from sexual inadequacies to mid-life crisis.

KantoSooner
1/15/2013, 11:26 AM
What is mid-life crisis if not a feeling of sexual inadequacy? The two are pretty close to interchangeable.

Curly Bill
1/15/2013, 11:29 AM
What is mid-life crisis if not a feeling of sexual inadequacy? The two are pretty close to interchangeable.

You sound like an expert! ;)

olevetonahill
1/15/2013, 11:37 AM
Maybe.

I like My Bowie Knives and Mini14s Uzis and every other firearm since I was aKid. Dont think Sex had a thing to do with it.

Curly Bill
1/15/2013, 11:49 AM
Yup, I got my Mini-14, I bought the Sig Sauer 516 assault rifle a coupla months ago, have more than my share of knives, at one time or the other I've had a Harley and a Mustang GT. Man, I got all kinds of inadequacies - sexual and otherwise! LOL

Curly Bill
1/15/2013, 11:51 AM
If I didn't shave my chest I'd unbutton my shirt and flash some chest hair!

...oh wait, forget I said that! :cower:

KantoSooner
1/15/2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the mental image. Now I'll just duck out to rinse my eyes with chlorox.

Curly Bill
1/15/2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the mental image. Now I'll just duck out to rinse my eyes with chlorox.

You're welcome! :excitement:

olevetonahill
1/15/2013, 12:28 PM
Yup, I got my Mini-14, I bought the Sig Sauer 516 assault rifle a coupla months ago, have more than my share of knives, at one time or the other I've had a Harley and a Mustang GT. Man, I got all kinds of inadequacies - sexual and otherwise! LOL

Ya got all that, Did ya ever try to **** any of it?

nutinbutdust
1/15/2013, 02:01 PM
This vid cracked me up. In the video they went around to Journal News employees and asked them if they were willing to put a sign in thier front yard proclaiming that the house was gun free. Big surprise... no takers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wt1Zy_ASNyA

olevetonahill
1/15/2013, 02:17 PM
^ heh

Soonerjeepman
1/15/2013, 02:18 PM
I dunno, Curly, I sorta smile whenever I see middle aged men buying sports cars can't afford), motorcycles (can't drive), big fast boats(can't afford), growing goatees(can't grow), buying hairpieces (YEAH! don't NEED!), gold chains(don't have), unbuttoning their shirts down about two buttons too far(ugh..) and all the rest. Maybe those can be mid-life crisis stuff while the Rambo guns aren't.
Maybe.

dang, lots of can't in there....ugh..

nutinbutdust
1/15/2013, 02:45 PM
If I didn't shave my chest I'd unbutton my shirt and flash some chest hair!

...oh wait, forget I said that! :cower:

who'd a thunk it. Curly is a metrosexual:tongue:

Curly Bill
1/15/2013, 02:59 PM
Ya got all that, Did ya ever try to **** any of it?

No...never crossed my mind even once! LOL

Curly Bill
1/15/2013, 03:00 PM
who'd a thunk it. Curly is a metrosexual:tongue:

:tongue: Metrosexual, Renaissance Man, you name it!

badger
1/15/2013, 03:12 PM
This vid cracked me up. In the video they went around to Journal News employees and asked them if they were willing to put a sign in thier front yard proclaiming that the house was gun free. Big surprise... no takers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wt1Zy_ASNyA

I'm not trying to say that the media did the right thing here, however, I think it would be fair to say that criminals are more likely to read "UTTERLY DEFENSELESS LOL" yard signs than the newspaper.

Consider: Back in 2008, there was absolute outrage that a Tulsa suburb paper didn't mention that Obama got elected. Did the ones outraged READ the paper? Did they even SUBSCRIBE to it? Well, not but they heard that Obama's elected wasn't mentioned. Facepalm.

nutinbutdust
1/15/2013, 03:26 PM
I'm not trying to say that the media did the right thing here, however, I think it would be fair to say that criminals are more likely to read "UTTERLY DEFENSELESS LOL" yard signs than the newspaper.

Agree with ya, I just thought it was funny to see them do it. I wouldnt go as far as to call them hypocrites like some of the articles I have seen. If you watch look how fast the FBI shows up when they knock on Eric Holdens door.

badger
1/15/2013, 03:40 PM
Agree with ya, I just thought it was funny to see them do it. I wouldnt go as far as to call them hypocrites like some of the articles I have seen. If you watch look how fast the FBI shows up when they knock on Eric Holdens door.

I watched the entire thing. I thought it was clever and they make a good point.

I still maintain that regardless of what comes out about these crimes, that the criminals are in the wrong, not whatever channels they may have used to get to where they were, whether it be guns, the media reports, or the fact that sun just couldn't be bothered to stay out a few more hours at night so that the area would be well-lit and harder for crimes to occur