PDA

View Full Version : Why do MOST WOMEN despise fish mounts (stuffed, taxidermied fish) ?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/13/2013, 03:29 AM
Even if the mounts are beautifully done? I contend fish mounts by and large appeal almost exclusively to men, and the opposite is true of most women. They are, in reality, much like Three Stooges films. Men love them and think they are hilarious... women, well, DON'T THINK ANYTHING LIKE THAT!

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2013, 07:29 AM
Because they smell like mens fingers?

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2013, 07:32 AM
I'm not a woman and I despise everything about them.

sooneriniowa
1/13/2013, 08:17 AM
You may not have the equipment but you have the emotions

1/13/2013, 11:18 AM
I'm not a woman and I despise everything about them.OK, splanation, pls.

Soonerjeepman
1/13/2013, 11:37 AM
You may not have the equipment but you have the emotions

lol..nice one

oh and to answer the question...because men LIKE them.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/13/2013, 11:57 AM
Women want to be in charge of the walls. Men are in charge of the garage.

1/13/2013, 12:15 PM
Women want to be in charge of the walls. Men are in charge of the garage.but...but, but a beautiful 4 lb arctic grayling in full color SHOULD give them pleasure???

Tulsa_Fireman
1/13/2013, 12:36 PM
So will my beautiful 6 inch oklahoma hogling.

C&CDean
1/13/2013, 01:08 PM
I ain't a chick, and I don't care for fish mounts. I like my warm-blooded animal mounts though.

Why don't I like fish mounts? They look faker than hell, and for the most part are. I've only seen a few that were well done enough that I'd hang them on my wall (if I had caught them). They're also freak creatures. We catch the crap out of sandies at Texoma, and when I filet them they just look at me. I've fileted a bunch of them and their fileted bodies just lay there still living. Sorta. Freaks.

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2013, 01:17 PM
If there was only one thing you could have answered about the craziness of women would this question be it?

Soonerjeepman
1/13/2013, 01:22 PM
every woman is crazy...just a matter of how much and or whether you can take it or not~ (benefits worth the $hit! lol)

1/13/2013, 01:49 PM
I ain't a chick, and I don't care for fish mounts. I like my warm-blooded animal mounts though.

Why don't I like fish mounts? They look faker than hell, and for the most part are. I've only seen a few that were well done enough that I'd hang them on my wall (if I had caught them). They're also freak creatures. We catch the crap out of sandies at Texoma, and when I filet them they just look at me. I've fileted a bunch of them and their fileted bodies just lay there still living. Sorta. Freaks.Well, I guess you hate cats, too, so you're an anomaly.

1/13/2013, 01:50 PM
If there was only one thing you could have answered about the craziness of women would this question be it?So, is that a good answer?

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2013, 02:00 PM
Has anyone in the history of mankind explained women?

I'm not dumb enough to try and even smart enough not to ask.

1/13/2013, 02:09 PM

I'm not dumb enough to try and even smart enough not to ask.I nominate the following for best answer yet:

"Women want to be in charge of the walls. Men are in charge of the garage."-SanJoaquinSooner

yermom
1/13/2013, 02:11 PM
how many women like fishing? how many would gut a fish? how strange is it that they might not want to look at a dead fish on the wall?

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2013, 02:14 PM
how many women like fishing? how many would gut a fish? how strange is it that they might not want to look at a dead fish on the wall?

How hard is it to connect these dots?

1/13/2013, 02:23 PM
How hard is it to connect these dots?Did we hear you say it was hard?

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2013, 02:24 PM
Are you simple?

Breadburner
1/13/2013, 02:27 PM
I have pictched fileted catfish back in the lake and they still try and swim off......

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/13/2013, 03:05 PM

And the shed. Don't forget the shed.

8timechamps
1/13/2013, 04:51 PM

I'm not dumb enough to try and even smart enough not to ask.

I lived long enough to know I'll never understand women. When you get to the point (as a man) that you quit trying to understand them, things become so much simpler. I remember when I always tried to "fix" their problems....man, was I stupid.

Curly Bill
1/13/2013, 06:35 PM
I'm kinda like Dean on this one. I'm a dude and I don't care at all for fish on the walls.

olevetonahill
1/13/2013, 06:53 PM
To answer the question, Its because it reminds em they prolly should go warsh that thang.:disturbed:

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2013, 07:04 PM
OK, splanation, pls.
I hate fish. I hate looking at mounted animals. I hate mounted fish.

The only place for that sort of thing is a rustic style cabin or a hunting/fishing lodge. Outside of that, I can't imagine why anyone would ever use a mounted animal as decor.

XingTheRubicon
1/13/2013, 07:27 PM
Men like 3D...and trophies.

This is both.

no idea what women like

XingTheRubicon
1/13/2013, 07:27 PM
or sic'em

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2013, 07:46 PM
or sic'em
I'm not big on decoration. I'm kind of a minimalist keeping everything clean/uncluttered/sterile looking.

However, I do want a study for all of my books and in that study I'd like to display all of my campaign/political memorabilia that I've collected over the years. Aside from that, I'm not big on having things on walls.

The only thing on my wall right now is a portrait that was painted of my deceased English Bulldog, Winston.

bluedogok
1/13/2013, 10:33 PM
Kind of difficult when you are both in the architecture/interiors biz....

I caught a 5 foot shark in The Bahamas, it took about 45 minutes of fighting to catch it. I would have it if the thing hadn't of cost $3,500 to have a replica of it mounted.

Fraggle145
1/13/2013, 10:52 PM

Why don't I like fish mounts? They look faker than hell, and for the most part are. I've only seen a few that were well done enough that I'd hang them on my wall (if I had caught them). They're also freak creatures. We catch the crap out of sandies at Texoma, and when I filet them they just look at me. I've fileted a bunch of them and their fileted bodies just lay there still living. Sorta. Freaks.

Thats because they are fake. If you want a fish mount call up the taxidermy shop and say I need a 10lb bass and they'll get you one. Catch a 100lb marlin just order one up. Theres no real scales etc... Why? because they are a pain in the ***. They dont need the real fish to stuff it or whatever. Fish mounts are weird. And I'm a lake guy.

C&CDean
1/14/2013, 09:28 AM
I'm not big on decoration. I'm kind of a minimalist keeping everything clean/uncluttered/sterile looking.

However, I do want a study for all of my books and in that study I'd like to display all of my campaign/political memorabilia that I've collected over the years. Aside from that, I'm not big on having things on walls.

The only thing on my wall right now is a portrait that was painted of my deceased English Bulldog, Winston.

Oh, so you like fake pictures of dead animals instead of real ones? I know this isn't a newsflash for you, but you're one weird mother****er.

1/14/2013, 11:45 AM
Kind of difficult when you are both in the architecture/interiors biz....

I caught a 5 foot shark in The Bahamas, it took about 45 minutes of fighting to catch it. I would have it if the thing hadn't of cost $3,500 to have a replica of it mounted.I will personally stuff that shark for just $2900.00.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2013, 12:17 PM
That's a lot of money to prostitute a shark.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/14/2013, 12:24 PM
A good Christmas gift for the friend or relative who is hard to buy for .... a singing mounted fish is good stupid gift.

6WC6EbRQmJ0

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2013, 01:28 PM
I grew up with a pond 50 yards from the house but i didn't go fishing until I met my wife..She loves to fish and has a couple of them on the wall..She took down my 2000 OU team picture to hang one..I protested and finally put it back up...at my office at work.

KantoSooner
1/14/2013, 02:13 PM
I've never gotten the whole fishing as sport thing. Thus fish mounts are kind of mysterious. I'll go out on boats to go someplace, to enjoy the water, to swim, dive, drink beer and have deep philosophical discussionis with vacuous dock/beach/pier women. But fish for sport? Why? If you want to catch fish, use either blasting caps or a small generator. Harvest fish. I draw the line at use of chemicals, because I intend to eat the fish and am environmentally conscious.

And cats are inexplicable as well.

But equally prone to the blasting caps or electro-shock method of capture.

Lott's Bandana
1/14/2013, 02:14 PM
Oh, so you like fake pictures of dead animals instead of real ones? I know this isn't a newsflash for you, but you're one weird mother****er.

So he took the picture after Winston was ded?

That IS weird.

Heh.

C&CDean
1/14/2013, 03:20 PM
So he took the picture after Winston was ded?

That IS weird.

Heh.

He prolly ugga baggad poor Winston to def.

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2013, 06:27 PM

lol, no. That was poorly worded -- the portrait was made before he died. The subject matter, in general, is deceased.

C&CDean
1/14/2013, 06:46 PM
Well, I guess you hate cats, too, so you're an anomaly.

You're right about cats, and I don't want one of them evil ****ers on my wall either. Now if you actually like cats then I'd have to say you're the anomaly.

1/14/2013, 07:58 PM
I grew up with a pond 50 yards from the house but i didn't go fishing until I met my wife..She loves to fish and has a couple of them on the wall..She took down my 2000 OU team picture to hang one..I protested and finally put it back up...at my office at work.WHATTA WOMAN! You are a lucky man, indeed!

1/14/2013, 08:00 PM
You're right about cats, and I don't want one of them evil ****ers on my wall either. Now if you actually like cats then I'd have to say you're the anomaly.Nice spin. The anomaly is you as a man not liking fish mounts. Stuffed cats on the wall...yeah, no!

FirstandGoal
1/14/2013, 08:49 PM
So this thread got me thinking about the kinds of things I have on my wall so I did a quick inventory of my living/dining room just now. I don't like clutter so my decorating style is minimalist (or it could just be that I am either too lazy, frugal or not skilled in interior decorating) and my house is relatively small.

In my living room I have; a bookshelf taking up half of one wall, a shelf with a Sooners plaque, a flower vase, and my ihome on it, a nice but relatively cheap picture of a flower I got at Hobby Lobby because the colors matched the colors on my couch, A mirror, a collage type grouping of various family photos, and a fairly large picture in my dining room.

No dead animals, either real or fake adorn my walls and I have zero desire to put one there.

bluedogok
1/14/2013, 11:36 PM
No dead animals here, we have either Steve Tohari Scenes of Colorado (http://www.coloradoscenics.com/) prints or Frank Lloyd Wright drawing prints on our walls. I do have some car prints in my office (2007 USGP and a Hoke car auction print with a 300SL Gullwing) and one lighthouse painting that my mother painted. I have an arts festival print that I bought about 25 years ago that has never been framed, we will probably have it done for the new house.

1/15/2013, 12:53 AM
So this thread got me thinking about the kinds of things I have on my wall so I did a quick inventory of my living/dining room just now. I don't like clutter so my decorating style is minimalist (or it could just be that I am either too lazy, frugal or not skilled in interior decorating) and my house is relatively small.

In my living room I have; a bookshelf taking up half of one wall, a shelf with a Sooners plaque, a flower vase, and my ihome on it, a nice but relatively cheap picture of a flower I got at Hobby Lobby because the colors matched the colors on my couch, A mirror, a collage type grouping of various family photos, and a fairly large picture in my dining room.

No dead animals, either real or fake adorn my walls and I have zero desire to put one there. Let's guess. Catching trophy fish(or anythiing else, most likely by shooting at it)is not something you have as an interest.

olevetonahill
1/15/2013, 01:29 AM
Heh, I have the Mounted heads of all my ex's

1/15/2013, 01:51 AM
Heh, I have the Mounted heads of all my ex'sAin't no tellin' what-all you got in that root cellar...

olevetonahill
1/15/2013, 02:02 AM
Ain't no tellin' what-all you got in that root cellar...

:congratulatory:

C&CDean
1/15/2013, 09:39 AM
Nice spin. The anomaly is you as a man not liking fish mounts. Stuffed cats on the wall...yeah, no!

Dude, they're fake. They look fake and they are fake. I can respect the talent of the taxidermist/artist by painting them up real pretty and sticking them on a piece of driftwood and all, but they look plastic. I've never seen a fish mount worth a ****. And I've got dead animals all over my walls.

1/15/2013, 01:54 PM
Dude, they're fake. They look fake and they are fake. I can respect the talent of the taxidermist/artist by painting them up real pretty and sticking them on a piece of driftwood and all, but they look plastic. I've never seen a fish mount worth a ****. And I've got dead animals all over my walls.I don't like the fakey looking ones either. Doubtful anyone does. There ARE some very good ones, though, that look real, and they are testaments to the talent of the taxidermist.

fadada1
1/17/2013, 08:41 PM
Because they smell like mens fingers?

That's just wrong. Funny... But wrong.