PDA

View Full Version : Tahaan Goodman visit

soonerdo
1/12/2013, 02:42 PM
Anyone hear that his visit was very weak according to him? He said that he didn't even have a host??
I read it on another board and like I said dunno if there is any truth to it or not..If true what a joke this staff has become.

Moore
1/12/2013, 02:42 PM
Terrible news

picasso
1/12/2013, 03:36 PM
Perhaps they are looking to recruit you guys.

Therealsouthsider
1/12/2013, 04:00 PM
Perhaps they are looking to recruit you guys.

...couldn't hurt

SS

goingoneight
1/12/2013, 05:28 PM
They don't always roll out the red carpet for players in Norman. Also, aren't hosts still on break/vacation? Who scheduled the visit? If he said he can only come out this week, it's on him and the staff that he's not getting the best of the OU experience this week.

PSK2080
1/12/2013, 05:50 PM
This weekend was supposed to be a big recruiting weekend for 2013 and 2014 recruits. Then the portion of the weekend devoted to the 2014 recruits was canceled so the coaches could concentrate on 2013 recruits only this weekend. Mike Stoops picked up Goodman in a limo at the airport and Gabe Lynn was supposed to be Goodman's player host this weekend. Apparently, Lynn was a no show and Goodman had no player host. A 4-star All-American safety prospect and his visit ends up being a clusterf!@#. About par for the course for OU recruiting these days. This was DEFINITELY on the OU staff.

goingoneight
1/12/2013, 06:24 PM
But not on a 23-year old senior who was asked to do something by his coaches?

Fraggle145
1/12/2013, 06:52 PM
This weekend was supposed to be a big recruiting weekend for 2013 and 2014 recruits. Then the portion of the weekend devoted to the 2014 recruits was canceled so the coaches could concentrate on 2013 recruits only this weekend. Mike Stoops picked up Goodman in a limo at the airport and Gabe Lynn was supposed to be Goodman's player host this weekend. Apparently, Lynn was a no show and Goodman had no player host. A 4-star All-American safety prospect and his visit ends up being a clusterf!@#. About par for the course for OU recruiting these days. This was DEFINITELY on the OU staff.

If true, it reminds me of Gabe Lynn's coverage on the field... nonexistent.

EatLeadCommie
1/12/2013, 08:07 PM
But not on a 23-year old senior who was asked to do something by his coaches?

Do they not have back-up plans? Couldn't be hard to track down Lynn.

8timechamps
1/12/2013, 10:26 PM
This is being made into a much bigger deal then it really is.

Goodman's visit was fine. For whatever reason, Lynn was a no-show, so Finch took over.

If anyone get's the blame on this one, it's Lynn. But, even that hasn't been confirmed.

All of this was started over one tweet. Take it for what it's worth.

agoo758
1/12/2013, 10:53 PM
Oh great. I am sure Roy Finch would be the best guy to host in that situation, given that he's gotten all this play time here and everything.....

8timechamps
1/12/2013, 10:57 PM
Oh great. I am sure Roy Finch would be the best guy to host in that situation, given that he's gotten all this play time here and everything.....

That is funny, because that's the first thing I thought about.

Hope Roy is much happier with Stoops than Stoops is with Roy.

landrun
1/12/2013, 11:38 PM
Here's the whole history of his tweets - in reverse order...

https://twitter.com/TGoodD1

Tahaan Goodman‏@TGoodD1
Bob stoops was the best house I ever been in

7hTahaan Goodman‏@TGoodD1
My boi @royfinch22 out here takin carr though, appreciate it

10hTahaan Goodman‏@TGoodD1
Off to bj's, then some good sleep

21hTahaan Goodman‏@TGoodD1
Wow don't even got a host....smh weak

Soonerfan88
1/12/2013, 11:38 PM
If you actually read his tweets (it was linked on another board, trying to end the panic), he took a while to even notice. At 12:08pm he was excited to be picked up in a limo. It wasn't until 10:53pm that he made the comment about no host.

Some folks just need to back away from the ledge and get a little perspective.

Curly Bill
1/12/2013, 11:42 PM
I like the one about Bob's house being the nicest he's ever been in. Seeing our recent failures in meaningful games that might ruffle some fan's feathers.

Blue
1/12/2013, 11:48 PM
The guy sounds like another freshman national merit scholar. Hope we get him.

tycat947
1/13/2013, 01:14 AM
If you actually read his tweets (it was linked on another board, trying to end the panic), he took a while to even notice. At 12:08pm he was excited to be picked up in a limo. It wasn't until 10:53pm that he made the comment about no host.

Some folks just need to back away from the ledge and get a little perspective.

Good luck with that! The sky is falling....haven't you heard???

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/13/2013, 01:30 AM
The guy sounds like another freshman national merit scholar. Hope we get him.+...heh

JLEW1818
1/13/2013, 11:46 AM
Lynn sucks at football. Probably a great student though.

SoonerorLater
1/13/2013, 12:32 PM
The guy sounds like another freshman national merit scholar. Hope we get him.

Merit Scholar? We don't need no stinkin Merit Scholars. We need football players.

kevpks
1/13/2013, 12:43 PM
There are 25 players from OU active in the NFL right now. Alabama has 29. I do not think talent is our problem. We used to get the most out of guys around here regardless of how many stars were by their name. We still develop certain positions very well (QB, WR, DE, CB, Safety to some degree). There are others where we've fallen off big time (OL, DL, LB, TE) Until we find a way to to develop players at those key positions again, all of this recruiting minutiae doesn't matter.

Scott D
1/13/2013, 03:18 PM
I like the one about Bob's house being the nicest he's ever been in. Seeing our recent failures in meaningful games that might ruffle some fan's feathers.

I heard that Mack's bathroom tv cried a bit when it read that tweet.

Collier11
1/14/2013, 12:06 AM
he flat out said that it was blown out of proportion and he had a great time, dont trust everything you read people

ddub0224
1/14/2013, 01:10 PM
If true, it reminds me of Gabe Lynn's coverage on the field... nonexistent.
Funny! And, yet so true.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2013, 02:32 PM
So I am curious based on this thread...

If you are a Senior athlete and your season and playing career at said U is done, what are your responsibilities to the U? Do you still have commitments in order to maintain the scholly or are you just floating until graduation?

bssooner1
1/16/2013, 07:59 AM
Anyone considered with this guys tweet history maybe our coaches knew he was never going to sign? Anyone here ever been through rush? Don't waste time on recruits you know won't sign.

sooneron
1/16/2013, 10:37 AM
Anyone considered with this guys tweet history maybe our coaches knew he was never going to sign? Anyone here ever been through rush? Don't waste time on recruits you know won't sign.

Soooooo, Bob doesn't want to waste time on him by taking him to his mansion? Uh, ok.

sooneron
1/16/2013, 10:38 AM
There are 25 players from OU active in the NFL right now. Alabama has 29. I do not think talent is our problem.

Do you really think that will be the case 2 years from now? I'd wager that most of those 29 are Shula recruits.

cleller
1/16/2013, 10:47 AM
Teenaged boys and twitter are sending a bunch of grown men into a panic. The "look at me" generation. Manzeil is their leader.

Won't be long until college football is as hard to watch as the NFL.

MyT Oklahoma
1/16/2013, 10:45 PM
Okay, so like does this mean that we're doomed in 2013 already? I sure hope not.

Fraggle145
1/17/2013, 01:02 PM
Okay, so like does this mean that we're doomed in 2013 already? I sure hope not.

If you didnt know that after the bowl game...

Fraggle145
1/17/2013, 01:04 PM
Funny! And, yet so true.

Perhaps he didnt want to compete against the kid for PT.

SouthFortySooner
1/17/2013, 06:59 PM
Teenaged boys and twitter are sending a bunch of grown men into a panic. The "look at me" generation. Manzeil is their leader.

Won't be long until college football is as hard to watch as the NFL.

The 'stomp away from your team trying to congratulate you and looking for a camera' move says we're very near.