PDA

View Full Version : "Leaving is not an option" -Brian Kelly

BudSooner
1/10/2013, 07:38 AM
Then he goes to interview for the Eagles...DOH!
Why? You have a school that ADORES YOU, you took them to the BCS championship game(ya lost, but ya ain't the first and won't be the last to do so)you have the cult of a following at that school but want to explore what it is like in the fishbowl?

No thanks. Stick with the college game. And if you do get hired, get ready to watch your cornhole dude.

olevetonahill
1/10/2013, 07:41 AM
Then he goes to interview for the Eagles...DOH!
Why? You have a school that ADORES YOU, you took them to the BCS championship game(ya lost, but ya ain't the first and won't be the last to do so)you have the cult of a following at that school but want to explore what it is like in the fishbowl?

No thanks. Stick with the college game. And if you do get hired, get ready to watch your cornhole dude.

I hope he goes.

BudSooner
1/10/2013, 08:00 AM
I was commenting on the "Leaving is not an option" or how coaches talk out of their asses when trying to dismiss rumors they are leaving.
It's not wonder some have tested the political waters in the past, Obama speaks the truth more than guys like Kelly/Saban/etc.

thecrimsoncrusader
1/10/2013, 08:43 AM
Maybe he meant, leaving is not an option on that particular day since he was on vacation and out of the country.

BillyBall
1/10/2013, 09:58 AM
Convenient way to get a raise from his current employer. He's not leaving.

badger
1/10/2013, 10:00 AM
It's funny because it's not our coach. :)

PrideMom
1/10/2013, 10:58 AM
One flash wonder.

MyT Oklahoma
1/10/2013, 11:26 AM
I thought Mack invented that phrase.... "Leaving is not an option."

soonercastor
1/10/2013, 01:53 PM
hopefully he leaves, then we may have a shot next year in south bend

SoonerKnight
1/10/2013, 02:06 PM
hopefully he leaves, then we may have a shot next year in south bend

Has OU sunk this low! Geez!

agoo758
1/10/2013, 02:09 PM
Who cares really? If any of you decided to leave your current place of employment to go work somewhere else, should I bash you for not being loyal and having no ethics?

And if the coaches were honest like you want them to be (I don't know if I am going to be here at the end of the season, I am considering this other job), then you would bash him for looking ahead and not focusing on the task at hand, so when presented with that question, there is no right answer to it.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/10/2013, 04:32 PM
The guy is a scumbag - he's done this to every team he was ever with. Cincinnati has their best team ever and you're going to bail on them a couple weeks before the bowl game becyuase you cant wait to get started in your next job? What a POS

birddog
1/10/2013, 04:35 PM
Has OU sunk this low! Geez!

U already forgot what they did to us this year at OUr place? Man you heal easily. Good for u

Soonerwake
1/10/2013, 04:54 PM
U already forgot what they did to us this year at OUr place? Man you heal easily. Good for u

I think the point was that OU fans shouldn't be hoping for the coach to leave so that we have a chance against anyone, including a team that beat us this year. I expect us to go there and win, coach or not..

badger
1/10/2013, 05:09 PM
The won the conference... no wait they're not in a conference.
They won the national title... no wait they lost the national title to Bammer.

So what DID they accomplish at OUr place this year? Maybe they're write the score on participation ribbons for the players since they won all of ZERO trophies this season :D

MichiganSooner
1/10/2013, 06:36 PM
The guy is a scumbag - he's done this to every team he was ever with. Cincinnati has their best team ever and you're going to bail on them a couple weeks before the bowl game becyuase you cant wait to get started in your next job? What a POS

Did the same to Central Michigan before going to Cincinnati.

jiminy
1/10/2013, 06:54 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if he left... then lots of Sooner fans get their wish and Stoops leaves, taking his staff to Notre Dame, where we play next season.

Socrefbek
1/10/2013, 07:05 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if he left... then lots of Sooner fans get their wish and Stoops leaves, taking his staff to Notre Dame, where we play next season.

Yeah that would be hilarious ...

Moore
1/10/2013, 07:14 PM
**** kelly

ashley
1/10/2013, 09:25 PM
I was commenting on the "Leaving is not an option" or how coaches talk out of their asses when trying to dismiss rumors they are leaving.
It's not wonder some have tested the political waters in the past, Obama speaks the truth more than guys like Kelly/Saban/etc.

Money and power changes peoples mind, and it would change yours too.

agoo758
1/10/2013, 10:13 PM

It's actually pretty common for coaches to leave before the bowl game.

agoo758
1/10/2013, 10:16 PM

I think it's better for us in the long run to keep getting our *** kicked until someone wakes up, than to beach a bunch of cupcakes and delude ourselves that we are heading in the right direction.

All 2010 (probably one of the worst ten win teams in the history of college)did was cover up our eroding program....hell even fooled espn into putting us number at the beginning of the season.

Now the past two years happen and people are finally beginning to see the program for what it is.

BudSooner
1/11/2013, 05:32 AM
Money and power changes peoples mind, and it would change yours too.See that's the thing, i've been in management and along with that came great wages but I took my work home, spent more time doing work related paperwork and focusing on work related issues that I forgot something along the way.

My family.

I would rather make a good wage, take care of my family, GET TO KNOW THEM than make more money with more power.
I don't understand how guys like Nick Saban has a family that he spends time with(other than the offseason)because he has this rep that he spends 16hr days a day working on coaching tasks..recruiting/coaching/game film/etc. How do you balance all of that?