PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Big XII thread

8timechamps
1/9/2013, 11:12 PM
Just saw the highlights from the KU/Iowa State game. Iowa State was leading by 3, at KU, when the stud from KU (don't know his name, just know he's the man this year) hit a 3 at the buzzer. KU runs away in OT. This makes me nervous about Iowa State. If the Sooners are going to make a serious run at the big dance, a good Iowa State team doesn't help.

Now, I'm watching the Texas/WVU game. It's tied up with under a minute left (the game is at Texas). The Sooners are 2-0 against the Mountaineers this year (so far)...not sure if we are that much better than WVU, or if Texas is playing down tonight, but I thought UT was supposed to have a tournament squad this year.

nighttrain12
1/10/2013, 01:43 AM
Looking forward to attending OU/OSU in Norman this Saturday!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/10/2013, 12:16 PM
Possible Big 12 record for us this season?

2-0 vs WVU
0-2 vs KU
1-1 vs UT
0-2 vs KSU
2-0 vs TCU
1-1 vs Tech
1-1 vs Little Bro (If we win Sat, that would be HUGE!)
1-1 vs ISU
0-2 vs Baylor

That is 8-10 for regular season record of 17-13. That would be nice! The guys would have a shot at the Dance if they lit it up some in the Big 12 Tourney. It would definitely be a NIT bid. I sure hope they can!

Then if they could sneak up on one of the Big 3? Here's to hoping.

badger
1/10/2013, 12:39 PM

2-0 vs WVU agree
0-2 vs KU sadly agree
1-1 vs UT whorn sucks, saw so with my own eyes last night, so I'm going with 2-0
0-2 vs KSU c'mon, we beat em twice last year! 1-1 for me
2-0 vs TCU yes.
1-1 vs Tech no, tech sucks. 2-0 Tech
1-1 vs Little Bro (If we win Sat, that would be HUGE!) I wish I were as optimistic as you on this one. 0-2 Pokes
1-1 vs ISU I'd sadly go with 0-2 ISU
0-2 vs Baylor More optimistic on this from 1-1 with Baylor

Seeing the sh!t of Austin churn out last night gives me a false sense of hope when we face whorn later this year. I have two more wins than you on my predict-a-tron, so outside shot at NCAAs!!!!!

but I thought UT was supposed to have a tournament squad this year.
Shaggy was delicious afterward. I posted some of the worse drivel in the new "meltdown" thread. "Mack Barnes" lol :mack:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/10/2013, 03:00 PM
I also saw the meltdown material at Tech, so I could be a little low. Here's to hopin I am low!!!

badger
1/10/2013, 03:32 PM
I also saw the meltdown material at Tech, so I could be a little low. Here's to hopin I am low!!!

Did you see any of the game a few days ago? Granted, they could be having an off-night (on national TV... against an unranked Baylor... at home... ???) but it oh soooooo abysmally baaaaaad. There is no way that any team should lose to them this season... then again, we shouldn't have lost to them last season. Argh.

Soonerjeepman
1/10/2013, 03:47 PM
isu missed their last 8 3pters...and still were 14/37 I think. I didn't see it, buddy watched it and said they couldn't miss early on...like deep 3's.

I'm still hoping 9/9

0/2 ku, ksu, bu
2/0 wv, tt, tcu
1/1 osu, isu, ut

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/10/2013, 08:26 PM
9-9 would be good.

8timechamps
1/10/2013, 10:12 PM

2-0 vs WVU
0-2 vs KU
1-1 vs UT
1-1 vs KSU
2-0 vs TCU
1-1 vs Tech
1-1 vs OSU
1-1 vs ISU
0-2 vs Baylor

My conference record is very similar to your, except I think we split with KSU. I know they're really good this year, but I just think we match up pretty well with them, and a home win isn't out of the question. A 2-0 record against UT isn't impossible either...

So, that would give OU a 9-9 conference record, and 18-12 overall. It would be a near lock for the NIT, and a deep run in the conference tournament could put them in the big dance.

8timechamps
1/10/2013, 10:14 PM

I too predict a split with Tech...not because I think they are that good, but because road games are tough. Oh how I would love to see OU pull off an upset over KU or Baylor at home.

badger
1/11/2013, 09:24 AM
I too predict a split with Tech...not because I think they are that good, but because road games are tough. Oh how I would love to see OU pull off an upset over KU or Baylor at home.

we just won at morgantown, a place that actually gives a sh!t about its basketball. what chance does tech have in its own empty arena? :D

badger
1/11/2013, 04:47 PM
I still don't think it was a charge:
http://binaryapi.ap.org/9a89f8b7b2d24585b4907db5612ac1f4/460x.jpg
But I still know it was a win:
(from February 2012)

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Steven Pledger scored 17 points, Romero Osby added 16 points and 13 rebounds and Oklahoma snapped a six-game losing streak by beating Oklahoma State 77-64 on Wednesday night.

Oklahoma (14-13, 4-11 Big 12) extended its home winning streak against Oklahoma State (13-15, 6-9) to eight games, rolling to an 18-point halftime lead and holding off a second-half rally by the Cowboys.

Oklahoma led 30-12 at halftime after Oklahoma State set a school record for fewest points in a half against a Big 12 foe. The Cowboys came roaring back and had two chances to tie the game before the Sooners pulled away again.

Keiton Page led Oklahoma State with 29 points, going 9 of 17 from 3-point range.

So there you have it: We have to continue our against-OSU home winning streak tomorrow to NINE.

Sooner95
1/11/2013, 08:17 PM
I don't know, I went with 11-7 conf record before season started and based on some of the "awesome??" performances of our Big12 counterparts I think we can achieve it.

Sooner95
1/11/2013, 08:18 PM
2-0 vs WVU
0-2 vs KU
1-1 vs UT
1-1 vs KSU
2-0 vs TCU
1-1 vs Tech
1-1 vs OSU
1-1 vs ISU
0-2 vs Baylor

My conference record is very similar to your, except I think we split with KSU. I know they're really good this year, but I just think we match up pretty well with them, and a home win isn't out of the question. A 2-0 record against UT isn't impossible either...

So, that would give OU a 9-9 conference record, and 18-12 overall. It would be a near lock for the NIT, and a deep run in the conference tournament could put them in the big dance.

This but I'm taking a sweep over TT because..well..they suck and a split with Baylor.

8timechamps
1/11/2013, 11:15 PM
we just won at morgantown, a place that actually gives a sh!t about its basketball. what chance does tech have in its own empty arena? :D

I know, I know, but this team is "growing", so it's still possible that the 'youthful' Sooners show up on the road eventually. They should sweep Tech. Should.

badger
1/12/2013, 08:25 AM
I know, I know, but this team is "growing", so it's still possible that the 'youthful' Sooners show up on the road eventually. They should sweep Tech. Should.

SAY IT! SAY WE ARE GOING TO BEAT TEXAS TECH IN LUBBOCK! I'm not asking too much here! It's ****ing Tech!

8timechamps
1/13/2013, 06:36 PM
SAY IT! SAY WE ARE GOING TO BEAT TEXAS TECH IN LUBBOCK! I'm not asking too much here! It's ****ing Tech!

WE WILL BEAT THE **** OUTTA TECH IN LUBBOCK!!!!!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/13/2013, 06:50 PM

I'm with ya! Boomer!

badger
1/13/2013, 07:52 PM
Now, who wants to get EXTRA brave and say that OU will at least receive votes in one of the mens polls this week after all the undefeated teams that lost, not to mention us winning on national TV this past weekend? :D

8timechamps
1/13/2013, 10:12 PM
Now, who wants to get EXTRA brave and say that OU will at least receive votes in one of the mens polls this week after all the undefeated teams that lost, not to mention us winning on national TV this past weekend? :D

If we hadn't lost to SFA, I'd think we'd get votes [Landry Jones] for sure [/Landry Jones]. As it stands now, I think we're probably in the 30-35 range.

As it turns out, SFA is 14-1 and will probably win the Southland conference (and be in the big dance), but I doubt pollsters will do that much research when voting.

badger
1/14/2013, 09:26 AM
I think at least one voter gives us a 20-something vote. After all, we got a few votes after beating Tex'em :rcmad:

Thoughts on the Big 12:
ISU: Our likely third bid team at this point.
KU: If somebody beats them, it'll be Iowa State in Ames.
KSU: I want to be their nemesis this year again. So please, KSU, continue being ranked and such till then.
OSU: As the meltdown eludes to, there was a lot of laziness on defense and a lot of wtf coaching by Ford/Fraud/Pinto
OU: Our likely fourth bid team at this point. (fingers crossed)
TCU: You suck. Get better at basketball immediately or find a new conference.
Tech: You suck too. You are no longer allowed to poke fun at Baylor in football, even if they return to mediocrity.
Texas: You suck three. Is there any Big 12 team in the state of Texas that can play basketball?!?
Baylor: All right, fine. But Scott Drew is still an AAU runner sh!tty coach.
West Virginia: These guys don't look a few years removed from the Final Four, but there it is: West Virginia, 2010 Final Four. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_NCAA_Division_I_men%27s_basketball_tou rnament_Final_Four_participants) Then again, their football team didn't look a year removed from a 70-point showing at the Orange Bowl over Clemp, either.

If things stay their course, we are a four-bid conference (but one of them will likely be First Four play-in). Things won't, though, so probably three bids, and two NITs.