PDA

View Full Version : Players with Scholarships that did not play in 2012

Dan Thompson
1/9/2013, 02:49 PM
Anyone have an idea how many did not play a single play?

badger
1/9/2013, 02:52 PM
Anyone have an idea how many did not play a single play?

Anyone who redshirted (http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2012/9/11/3317122/ou-football-2012-assessing-the-sooners-current-redshirt-situation), or else, they wouldn't be redshirts :)

I also don't recall QB Drew Allen going at all.

cvsooner
1/9/2013, 03:08 PM
No, Allen played against Florida A & M.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/02_famu.html#GAME.PRE

OkieThunderLion
1/9/2013, 11:12 PM
Kendal Thompson and Torrea Peterson are the only 2, I think. Other than that, I believe all the non-redshirts played, besides the suspended ones.

8timechamps
1/9/2013, 11:23 PM
Unless I missed it, redshirts haven't been announced yet. So, it's hard to know (unless you go through every player and every game report) who didn't see action. Then there are the players that were injured, and don't have a redshirt year available (i.e. Chaz Nelson), but I don't know that there are too many of those.

OkieThunderLion
1/9/2013, 11:32 PM
Unless I missed it, redshirts haven't been announced yet. So, it's hard to know (unless you go through every player and every game report) who didn't see action. Then there are the players that were injured, and don't have a redshirt year available (i.e. Chaz Nelson), but I don't know that there are too many of those.
Redshirts...
QB Knight
RB Brooks
RB Ross
RB Smith
WR Woods
TE/OT Grant
TE McNamara (med)
G Marrs
DT Wade
DB Sanchez
DB Simon (trying for med)

8timechamps
1/9/2013, 11:44 PM
Redshirts...
QB Knight
RB Brooks
RB Ross
RB Smith
WR Woods
TE/OT Grant
TE McNamara (med)
G Marrs
DT Wade
DB Sanchez
DB Simon (trying for med)

Is this the official list, or just a probable one? It wouldn't be the first time I missed something like that.

OkieThunderLion
1/10/2013, 02:59 AM
I'm just going by who didn't play.