PDA

View Full Version : BCS Got It Wrong - Again.

PLaw
1/8/2013, 09:26 PM
Okay, it was pretty clear about 7 minutes into the 1st quarter that ND didn't belong on the same field with Bamar. Pollsters inability to look beyond record and evaluate schedule strength left us with a complete blow out.

After over loading on CFB the past two weeks, who do you think should have played for the BCS title?

I would I have to say Oregon - Bamar was probably the right match up.

Bummer

Widescreen
1/8/2013, 09:41 PM
ND was undefeated and played a good schedule including some good road wins. They deserved to be in the game despite the outcome.

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 09:42 PM
In the end, it was the pollsters love affair with the SEC that got it wrong. If they didn't slobber all over a team like Florida or Georgia, then Oregon would have had a shot. Of course it was Oregon's undoing (losing late) that hurt them. I do think Oregon was the team that deserved* to be there, but given the way it played out, Notre Dame was the only choice.

Playoffs can't get here soon enough.

*EDIT: "Deserved" is probably the wrong word. I think Oregon would have been a better match-up. They had their chance, and blew it, so they weren't "deserving" over Notre Dame.

LRoss
1/8/2013, 09:52 PM
ND was undefeated and played a good schedule including some good road wins. They deserved to be in the game despite the outcome.

Absolutely this. They beat the Pac-10 champ and the Big 12 co-champ, plus everybody else on their schedule. You can't even blame "pollsters inability to look beyond and evaluate schedule strength" as every computer had them 1 as well. To not have them play and "decide on the field" as everybody always claims doesn't happen would have been the biggest outrage in the BCS era by a landslide. Too bad they didn't show up for the game, but by every reasonable metric they absolutely deserved to be there.

Landthief 1972
1/9/2013, 12:08 AM
The funny thing is, if A&M had stayed in the Big XII, they probably would have played in that game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2013, 12:52 AM
The funny thing is, if A&M had stayed in the Big XII, they probably would have played in that game.They had both coach Sumlin and Johnny Hyman for the first time. They played better defense than most everyone inthe big 12. I think they could have won the conference, and gone to the NC game. It wouldn't be a remote situation.

Mac94
1/9/2013, 09:50 AM
The funny thing is, if A&M had stayed in the Big XII, they probably would have played in that game.

I don;t think so ... the best we would have done is oSu from last season. Notre Dame still would have been undefeated and they are media darlings. Bama's one loss was to us ... but if we were in the Big-12 we wouldn;t have played them. They would have had another eastern division game they probably wouold have won ... so most likely Bama would have been undefeated also. So most likely ND, Bama, and A&M (best case) end up undefeated ... who plays in the title game? Bama and ND.

Sabanball
1/11/2013, 01:32 AM
The BCS was designed to pit no. 1 vs. no. 2--it does that, but does not solve the debate of which two teams rightfully deserve those rankings.

Given the BCS system we operate in right now, I'll concede that ND deserved to be there but that team in blue/gold that showed up monday night would have also been ran out of the stadium by Georgia, AM, AND Oregon. They were thoroughly exposed as the team that took 3 OT's to beat a Pitt team that lost badly to a very mediocre Ole Miss squad in the BBVA Compass Bowl.

I predict next yr's BCSCG to be the PAC 12 champ vs. the SECCG winner--I would like nothing better for it to be the ducks vs. the Tide.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2013, 02:30 AM
why, really?