PDA

View Full Version : Brent Mushmouth

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 08:19 PM
Was it me, or is he getting stranger? First, the whole thing about McCarron's girlfriend (just came across creepy), then after the McCarron/Jones pushing incident, then the subsequent make-up/hug, he said "nothing but a lovers quarrel folks", then had some weird laugh (Kirk remained silent).

I make fun of Musberger, but I really kind of associate his voice with college football (like I used to with Keith Jackson). When it's on an OU game, I like Musberger/Herbstreet. But, last night was just weird. I don't know if Musberger was having a drink of grandpa's cough medicine, if he was just trying to fill time since it was a blow-out, or if he's just getting old. But that was weird.

TitoMorelli
1/8/2013, 08:35 PM
Keith Jackson rolls over in his grave every time ol' Mushy gets hold of a mike.

And yeah, definitely weird. Guy should have retired 10 years ago. Or been retired.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 08:48 PM
I sent him some OVJ, I wont do it again before a Game :glee:

VA Sooner
1/8/2013, 08:52 PM
Definitely losing some of the cheese off his cracker... bizarre comments and ESPN has already released a comment and apology for his remarks.

These late night games are getting to be too much for old Brent.

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 08:57 PM
I know as I get older, I have less patience, so I thought maybe I was just being annoyed easier than usual. Good to know I wasn't alone.

VA Sooner, thanks for the info about ESPN issuing a statement, I found it after I saw that. I didn't realize they had done that...probably a good move.

MyT Oklahoma
1/8/2013, 08:57 PM
There's nothing wrong with what he thought about McCarron's girlfriend, he just shouldn't have thought it out loud.

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 09:03 PM
There's nothing wrong with what he thought about McCarron's girlfriend, he just shouldn't have thought it out loud.

Yeah, I thought a few other things about her myself. But I decided it was best not to voice them...and I was only watching the game with a few other folks.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I thought a few other things about her myself. But I decided it was best not to voice them...and I was only watching the game with a few other folks.

I 1/2assed watched the game. But when I did see her ! Oh yea I voiced my sentiments LOUDLY

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 09:14 PM
I 1/2assed watched the game. But when I did see her ! Oh yea I voiced my sentiments LOUDLY

There was no question that she was beautiful...which made Mushmouth's comments a little more creepy.

hawaii 5-0
1/8/2013, 09:16 PM
I've never cared for Mushburger

Never.

5-0

OkieThunderLion
1/8/2013, 09:20 PM
I like Brent. Light-hearted guy. Keeps it fun.

OkieThunderLion
1/8/2013, 09:22 PM
Keith Jackson rolls over in his grave every time ol' Mushy gets hold of a mike.

I think KJ is still alive.

He meant serious business when he said OU soiled the Rose Bowl with their presence!

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 09:22 PM
There was no question that she was beautiful...which made Mushmouth's comments a little more creepy.

What? Ya think he shoulda said em about some Fat Ugly ?

TitoMorelli
1/8/2013, 09:29 PM
I think KJ is still alive.

He meant serious business when he said OU soiled the Rose Bowl with their presence!

I figured the quality of last night's announcing killed him.

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 09:38 PM
What? Ya think he shoulda said em about some Fat Ugly ?

I don't even think it was so much what he said, as how he said it. And the creepy laughing kind of put the final nail in the creepy coffin.

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 09:40 PM
I like Brent. Light-hearted guy. Keeps it fun.

I have been known to make a little fun on Brent, but I do think he's one of the best in the college game. I really like Vern Lundquist and Gary Danielson, but they only do SEC games...so I don't hear them much.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 10:01 PM
I don't even think it was so much what he said, as how he said it. And the creepy laughing kind of put the final nail in the creepy coffin.

I 1/2 way listened to a Vid of it earlier today, I dint really see anything wrong with it. Maybe Im just a dirty Ole man along with him
Oh wait Ima Provert so of course what he said was ok. :glee:

Ok Just listened to it again, Yea he may have said a WOW once too many but nuthing "Creepy" IMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdjX4Kya7o

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 10:04 PM
I 1/2 way listened to a Vid of it earlier today, I dint really see anything wrong with it. Maybe Im just a dirty Ole man along with him
Oh wait Ima Provert so of course what he said was ok. :glee:

It wasn't just the one time. He mentioned it several times later. Again, she is beautiful, but it's not the first time a QBs wife/girlfriend was attractive. The way he talked about her made me think he was in the booth with a raging woody. That's fine, but I don't want to think about that. Ever.

Ever.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 10:07 PM
It wasn't just the one time. He mentioned it several times later. Again, she is beautiful, but it's not the first time a QBs wife/girlfriend was attractive. The way he talked about her made me think he was in the booth with a raging woody. That's fine, but I don't want to think about that. Ever.

Ever.

Hell Ima think AJs Momma is pretty dayum Hawt also.

CowboyMRW
1/8/2013, 10:36 PM
Them two about did me in when they were explaining the concept of the forward pass and how it can be effective at times. This was during the SEC championship game

stoopified
1/10/2013, 10:17 AM
I sent him some OVJ, I wont do it again before a Game :glee:NOW it all makes sense

stoopified
1/10/2013, 10:23 AM

Ever.But you DID :)

MyT Oklahoma
1/10/2013, 11:31 AM
So did anyone find out what her Mother looks like and if SHE is available? I've been too lazy to check for myself.

BoomerJack
1/10/2013, 12:20 PM
No doubt Mussburger's comments about the young lady were somewhat over the top. He should have known better.

He's starting to remind me of when Curt Gowdy got to the end of his career. He got to where he was mispronouncing names WAAAYYY too often and the compounding the situation by repeating them.

EatLeadCommie
1/10/2013, 02:51 PM
Musburger has been horrible for many years and keeps getting worse, much like Keith Jackson. Herbie, on the other hand, is at the top of his game now.

I remember quite a few years ago during an OU game, we were about to snap the ball so the OL was all hunkered down and Musburger said something like, "Look at those rear ends, folks!" I laughed at the time because it was such a bizarre comment to make, but in retrospect, I think it was just a continuation of his pattern of unnecessary comments.

And that's the whole thing about the McCarron's GF. Just because you, I, and every straight male in the universe would like to sample a bit of what AJ is sampling doesn't mean we need to hear that from Brent "Caption Obvious" Musburger. It was creepy because he's damn near 74 years old. It is unprofessional and unnecessary because it has nothing to do with the game. I think the problem is that the game was over early and he was looking for something else to talk about. That little YouTube snippet really doesn't provide the context because, I agree, it doesn't sound bad if you just watch that. But given the context of the game and how completely random it was, it felt like Brent was spanking it under the desk while he was talking about her.

Midtowner
1/10/2013, 03:02 PM
Definitely losing some of the cheese off his cracker... bizarre comments and ESPN has already released a comment and apology for his remarks.

These late night games are getting to be too much for old Brent.

Sundowning...

Flagstaffsooner
1/10/2013, 04:14 PM
Musburger has been horrible for many years and keeps getting worse, much like Keith Jackson. Herbie, on the other hand, is at the top of his game now.

What the hell have you been smoking? Don't Bogart that joint my friend, Pass it over to me.

EatLeadCommie
1/10/2013, 04:43 PM
What the hell have you been smoking? Don't Bogart that joint my friend, Pass it over to me.

Maybe it's because he had Musburger opposite of him, but I thought he was stellar on Monday.

rock on sooner
1/10/2013, 04:53 PM
Does anybody on the board remember the early days of college football
on ABC..Chris Schenkel and the "honey shots"...the camera would find
hot coeds in the crowd and Schenkel would usually just murmur his
approval. Musburger was just channelling ol Chris...Herbie should have
taken his mike away....

SoonerNomad
1/10/2013, 05:19 PM
I do remember the Schenkel days. I also remember that finding the pretty girl was a staple of the cameramen on Monday Night Football and on the Cubs games on WGN. Men are pigs. We always have been and we always will be.

Dan Thompson
1/10/2013, 07:03 PM
Keith Jackson was way to pro USC for me.

TUSooner
1/14/2013, 04:57 PM
I sent him some OVJ, I wont do it again before a Game :glee:
If that were true, he would have been unable to speak. <cough rasp ggggggglkkkhhh> :glee:

And he's still better than Thom "Mr Overstatement" Brennaman, also known as the first apostle of the church of Tebow.

jkjsooner
1/14/2013, 05:38 PM
But given the context of the game and how completely random it was, it felt like Brent was spanking it under the desk while he was talking about her.

That would be a hilarous SNL skit.

soonercastor
1/15/2013, 02:24 PM
he said at the end of a broadcast yesterday that holly rowe was "smoking tonight"

Mjcpr
1/15/2013, 03:06 PM
he said at the end of a broadcast yesterday that holly rowe was "smoking tonight"

Quite obviously the man has lost his mind.

ouleaf
1/15/2013, 05:00 PM
Anyone catch this gem last night. Good for Brent for sticking up for himself. Never really felt he was in the wrong in the first place.

http://youtu.be/Ri887CNsa-Q

8timechamps
1/15/2013, 05:06 PM
Keith Jackson was way to pro USC for me.

True, but back then he didn't try to hide his bias...unlike media today.