PDA

View Full Version : Fire em' All

OUChampsBig12
1/8/2013, 01:06 PM
Let's see all this nonsense about firing Bob or asking that he resign, Cmon Man! I think that should apply to Kelly too, and maybe Scott Brooks too. The Thunder lost to the worse team in the NBA last night. Fire em' All!

OUNASH
1/8/2013, 01:23 PM
Kelly and Brooks juts took thier teams to the Championship game/games of their respective sports and are on the up side to something positive. The same thing does not hold true for Stoops and his Staff.

Soonerjeepman
1/8/2013, 01:28 PM
Does Kelly and Brooks have their college buddies on staff without really much experience? just askin...don't know. FWIW I've never said "fire" Stoops..something is not right but I'm sure someone will figure it out.

ddub0224
1/8/2013, 01:50 PM
In all seriousness, do you think Huepel is the right guy to be calling plays? Did he ever coach anywhere after he graduated or has he been at OU all 12 years? I'm just wnondering if we are suffering from promoting within (including friends and family) as opposed to bringing in outside/fresh idea, eyes.

Soonerjeepman
1/8/2013, 01:57 PM
JH was at Arizona with MStoops for 1 yr..

thecrimsoncrusader
1/8/2013, 02:15 PM
In all seriousness, do you think Huepel is the right guy to be calling plays? Did he ever coach anywhere after he graduated or has he been at OU all 12 years? I'm just wnondering if we are suffering from promoting within (including friends and family) as opposed to bringing in outside/fresh idea, eyes.

Kevin Wilson didn't look as good with Landry as the QB in 2010. Landry has been the biggest problem offensively the past 4 seasons. Lots of passing yards don't win big ball games.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/8/2013, 02:27 PM
Kevin Wilson didn't look as good with Landry as the QB in 2010. Landry has been the biggest problem offensively the past 4 seasons. Lots of passing yards don't win big ball games.

Landry annoyed the **** outta me these past 4 years, but he did enough to win in most games. the defense, however, has completely sucked *** for quite some time.

hell, at this point, i'd take a QB that didn't have quite the arm as Landry, but was able to make plays with his feet when the play broke down, or just showed some emotion. As bad as Tebow was/is, the reason he was so successful at UF was because he simply was not going to lose. I can't stand the guy, but when he was in college, he got **** done. Landry just has no fire, and if the play breaks down, he doesn't know what to do. I can't remember a starting QB for a major school with less mobility than him. Hell, White moved better than Landry--even after his bionic knees