PDA

View Full Version : After last night which OU loss seems worse ?

basel90
1/8/2013, 10:16 AM
Losing to ND in norman by more than 2 touchdowns or to TAM by 3 TDs ?
I recall Bob stoops saying after the ND loss in Norman that OU lost only to the top 2 and 3 teams in the countrry, KSU and ND at that time.

MyT Oklahoma
1/8/2013, 10:18 AM
A & M. It will affect our recruiting in Texas. We already lost a linebacker to them.

And think just a few years ago we were taking linebackers (Corey Nelson) away from them.

Curly Bill
1/8/2013, 10:24 AM
Losing to a Domer team that was exposed last night as being not all they were cracked up to be looks the worst. What may hurt the worst is losing so badly to aTm for recruiting purposes and so on.

SoonerorLater
1/8/2013, 10:41 AM
The worst loss was aTm. The loss that exposes the OU program though is the loss to ND. After the game it was a given the reason we lost was because of extremely tough physical players on the ND OL and DL. Last night showed that while ND may have had a good year and probably did have good players they are nowhere in the class of Alabama. In essence OU was dominated by good but not great ND lines. Pitt and Purdue played ND tougher than we did.

PrideMom
1/8/2013, 11:16 AM
Losing the last game of the year is ALWAYS the worst. What worried me the most was HOW OU lost. I can take a loss, but when it appeared they quit, that really bothered me. Landry had carried the team in the last three regular season games, and the team did not help him in the bowl game. If Stills and Jefferson think they are ready for the NFL, they better take another look. Stills cannot run the correct routes, which caused several interceptions for Landry Jones. If OU had not had the late additions of Justin Brown and Javon Saunders, imagine what the season would have been like.

Let's hope they get a bigger and healthier offensive line, and faster defensive players. Switzer used to put the FASTEST players on defense, (George Cumby comes to mind).

basel90
1/8/2013, 11:20 AM
The worst loss was aTm. The loss that exposes the OU program though is the loss to ND. After the game it was a given the reason we lost was because of extremely tough physical players on the ND OL and DL. Last night showed that while ND may have had a good year and probably did have good players they are nowhere in the class of Alabama. In essence OU was dominated by good but not great ND lines. Pitt and Purdue played ND tougher than we did.

Yes agreed, I recall Pitt and purdue almost beat ND , one of them at South bend.

Sabanball
1/8/2013, 11:58 AM
Yes agreed, I recall Pitt and purdue almost beat ND , one of them at South bend.

I really think your loss against the Irish was the worst. They got very lucky against you all and the ball literally floated and bounced their way that night, especially with the late interception of Landry.

basel90
1/8/2013, 12:16 PM
I really think your loss against the Irish was the worst. They got very lucky against you all and the ball literally floated and bounced their way that night, especially with the late interception of Landry.

Yes , and the BS refereeing and sloppy defense .

OUChampsBig12
1/8/2013, 01:03 PM
Who cares, let's move on.........

SoonerorLater
1/8/2013, 01:35 PM
Who cares, let's move on.........

The people who posted on this thread for sure. Why?

OUChampsBig12
1/8/2013, 03:58 PM
I understand, let's live in the past. No problem. The SKY is not falling! I am sure of that- why? Because I just checked.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2013, 04:23 PM
the win over orange aggy, and WVU, and the loss to lassie aggy were the 3 worst defensive performances of the yr. FWIW

cyclonesooner
1/8/2013, 07:34 PM
The loss to A&M was by far the worst to me. We played pretty decent at times in the first half and should have been ahead in the game. Then to come out in the 2nd Half and just totally disappear without making any adjustments, showing zero will to win, same blah playcalling that has gone on for years, can't finish in the redzone, lack of defensive speed. Just very frustrating and disappointing.

cvsooner
1/8/2013, 08:18 PM
All three seem pretty bad. KSU we should've won, but two terrible plays shot that down. Notre Dame...stunk because we could've won that one but just didn't get it done. A & M stings mostly because it was in prime time national television and just reinforces the idea that Stoops and Oklahoma choke in a big game.

SoonerLaw09
1/8/2013, 09:06 PM
Have to say aTm also. We never came out of the locker room for the second half. At least against Domer we had them right where we wanted them until the last half of the 4th, and we didn't quit. Last Friday, we quit. I haven't seen quit like that since TGOWWDNS...perhaps this will be known in the future as TGOWWDNS, Part Deux.

I know one thing, tho. I'm getting awfully tired of quit.

arcman46
1/9/2013, 08:39 AM
The loss to A&M was by far the worst to me. We played pretty decent at times in the first half and should have been ahead in the game. Then to come out in the 2nd Half and just totally disappear without making any adjustments, showing zero will to win, same blah playcalling that has gone on for years, can't finish in the redzone, lack of defensive speed. Just very frustrating and disappointing.

Had we executed a little better, we could have easily been up 28-7 at the half. Getting held to 2 field goals and a TD, was a killer.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
1/10/2013, 09:34 AM
A & M. It will affect our recruiting in Texas. We already lost a linebacker to them.

And think just a few years ago we were taking linebackers (Corey Nelson) away from them.

From the play of the backers of late maybe OU would be better off if he had gone to A&M.

MyT Oklahoma
1/10/2013, 11:32 AM
From the play of the backers of late maybe OU would be better off if he had gone to A&M.

Good point. Time will tell.

picasso
1/12/2013, 04:15 PM

We've been winning and losing battles with them for years now. Pierre Brown, etc..

goingoneight
1/12/2013, 06:28 PM
A&M has recruited well for years now... they just finally put all the pieces together to have a good year. Same thing happened in 2010 for them.

DrZaius
1/13/2013, 09:30 AM
I think the K-State game was the worse for me. OU literally gave that one away. We should not have lost that one.

stoopified
1/13/2013, 10:14 AM
Hands down,the greatest loss was MammaMia

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2013, 10:28 AM
Hands down,the greatest loss was MammaMia
Yes, my Brother.