PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gain Supplement

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 06:33 AM
Anyone have any recommendation on the best stuff to take to gain weight? I'm not trying to body build/workout/bulkup...I'm just trying to add fat.

Mjcpr
1/8/2013, 07:45 AM
Have you asked granny?

Midtowner
1/8/2013, 07:59 AM
http://www.buckeyeschicken.com/images/buckeyes-chicken-bucket.png

Petro-Sooner
1/8/2013, 08:13 AM
Beer. And lots of it.

Turd_Ferguson
1/8/2013, 08:14 AM
Beer. And lots of it.

This^^^^^^^^^^^ + Bacon.

cleller
1/8/2013, 08:31 AM
Anyone have any recommendation on the best stuff to take to gain weight? I'm not trying to body build/workout/bulkup...I'm just trying to add fat.

If you really want to put on weight, lifting weights does help. Work out 3-4 days a week, allowing the proper rest for muscle groups, and eat all you can, all the time. It will put it on. lots of basic stuff. Milk and bread, not doughnuts and candy bars.

This may be counter to your goal of just adding fat, though. You may not get that doughy look that chicks really like.

Boomer.....
1/8/2013, 08:58 AM
Go to a bodybuilding supplement store and buy weight gainer. Mix it with milk or water a couple times a day. They will add a bunch of calories without all of the fat.

Turd_Ferguson
1/8/2013, 09:37 AM
Stop drinking Zima.

KantoSooner
1/8/2013, 10:18 AM
Avocados are a good source of healthy fat.

Oh, crap, they come from Mexico. Sorry.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 11:07 AM
Avocados are a good source of healthy fat.

Oh, crap, they come from Mexico. Sorry.

jaun picks a lot of em in Cal.
Jes sayin

landrun
1/8/2013, 06:41 PM

SicEm, you really want to do this? Add FAT??

If so, I'm an expert. :)

Eat fast food... a lot... every day even. And get the big stuff.
Breakfast - Something like an Omlet Biscuit from Hardees - combo. Eat all of it too - with a coke, not coffee.
Lunch - Something like A double-cheese combo from Wendys - with a coke. Eat it all. Don't leave a fry on your tray.
Dinner - Something like A double-cheese combo from Whatta-Burger - eat it all - with a coke
If you can't afford to eat out a lot, make burgers and fries at home.

Then of course, snack on junk food, chocolate candy, Little Deby cakes etc... between meals.

The biggest 2 thing you can do?
1) Eat right before you go to bed
Eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich - right before you go to bed.
In fact, eat all you can of anything you want - right before you go to bed. - The more carbs the better. Eat half a pie, cake etc... go back to Wendys, they stay open late - and order another delicious combo. Eat it. And then sleep like a babe.

2) Consume carbs - avoid vegatables - they suck anyway so don't eat vegatbles. :)
As far as the fast food, if you get tired of burgers - which I never do - you can have anything at any restaurant. Just eat a lot of carbs. a LOT of carbs.
French fries, potatoes, tater-tots, bread - a lot of bread. Rolls, toast, biscuits. All the bread you can find.

2 Warnings
1) Eating like this can get make you a food addict - I know first had. I'm pretty much hungry all the time. :(
2) Once you add a fat cell, it never goes away. You can shrink it - which is what I'm doing now on my no-carb diet - but it will never disappear. (I'm hoping they invent a drug you can smoke that will destroy fat cells rather than brain cells. - that would be sweet! :) )

I wish I had your problem. What a pleasure it would be to solve it. :) Eat all you can of anything you want. !! :)

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 06:45 PM
Have you asked granny?

:D Her cooking sucks actually.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 06:46 PM
If you really want to put on weight, lifting weights does help. Work out 3-4 days a week, allowing the proper rest for muscle groups, and eat all you can, all the time. It will put it on. lots of basic stuff. Milk and bread, not doughnuts and candy bars.

This may be counter to your goal of just adding fat, though. You may not get that doughy look that chicks really like.
Yeah, that's a lot of work. I just want to gain weight. I eat a tremendous amount of junk food, but I have never been able to gain weight haven't for my entire life.

I've tried different things over the years but nothing really works.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 06:48 PM
SicEm, you really want to do this? Add FAT??

If so, I'm an expert. :)

Eat fast food... a lot... every day even. And get the big stuff.
Breakfast - Something like an Omlet Biscuit from Hardees - combo. Eat all of it too - with a coke, not coffee.
Lunch - Something like A double-cheese combo from Wendys - with a coke. Eat it all. Don't leave a fry on your tray.
Dinner - Something like A double-cheese combo from Whatta-Burger - eat it all - with a coke
If you can't afford to eat out a lot, make burgers and fries at home.

Then of course, snack on junk food, chocolate candy, Little Deby cakes etc... between meals.

The biggest 2 thing you can do?
1) Eat right before you go to bed
Eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich - right before you go to bed.
In fact, eat all you can of anything you want - right before you go to bed. - The more carbs the better. Eat half a pie, cake etc... go back to Wendys, they stay open late - and order another delicious combo. Eat it. And then sleep like a babe.

2) Consume carbs - avoid vegatables - they suck anyway so don't eat vegatbles. :)
As far as the fast food, if you get tired of burgers - which I never do - you can have anything at any restaurant. Just eat a lot of carbs. a LOT of carbs.
French fries, potatoes, tater-tots, bread - a lot of bread. Rolls, toast, biscuits. All the bread you can find.

2 Warnings
1) Eating like this can get make you a food addict - I know first had. I'm pretty much hungry all the time. :(
2) Once you add a fat cell, it never goes away. You can shrink it - which is what I'm doing now on my no-carb diet - but it will never disappear. (I'm hoping they invent a drug you can smoke that will destroy fat cells rather than brain cells. - that would be sweet! :) )

I wish I had your problem. What a pleasure it would be to solve it. :) Eat all you can of anything you want. !! :)
Yep. I weigh about 110lbs. I'd really prefer to weigh around 135-140 or so. A big part of the problem is that I don't like food and my apittite sucks. It isn't that I'm anorexic because I want to be hungry and eat but I just never am.

Everything listed above is pretty much what I do eat -- much of all the fattiest stuff a person could eat and still nadda. It's frustrating to be able to eat everything under the sun and not gain a single ounce.

I'm a type-I diabetic which makes things more difficult although I should point out that I have always had this problem long long long long before I ever became diabetic. I don't follow a diabetic food plan since I don't eat enough for it to matter anyway, so I just eat whatever the hell I want and adjust my insulin accordingly.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 06:51 PM
As far as weight gain supplements, what is the most effective one?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/8/2013, 07:31 PM
jaun picks a lot of em in Cal.
Jes sayin

the ones from Mexico are the best

http://www.insockmonkeyslippers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/avocado-1024x681.jpg

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 08:24 PM
SicEm, don't waste your money on a weight gain supplement. I told my oldest son the same thing (he's 6'6, 150....super thin), and he did it anyway. He drank the stuff religiously for two months, and gained....NOTHING.

I'll tell you what I told him, you have to increase your caloric intake. It's simple, take in more calories than you burn. You have to figure out what you're burning daily, then increase your intake. You're one of those people that can probably eat anything and not gain weight. That's good, but don't just start eating ****. It'll make you feel like ****. Increase your carbohydrate level...pasta, bread, etc.

Maybe those weight gain supplements work for some people, but I've known a lot of folks that have used them with no results (other than a lighter wallet).

FirstandGoal
1/8/2013, 09:03 PM
Yep. I weigh about 110lbs. I'd really prefer to weigh around 135-140 or so. A big part of the problem is that I don't like food and my apittite sucks. It isn't that I'm anorexic because I want to be hungry and eat but I just never am.

Everything listed above is pretty much what I do eat -- much of all the fattiest stuff a person could eat and still nadda. It's frustrating to be able to eat everything under the sun and not gain a single ounce.

I'm a type-I diabetic which makes things more difficult although I should point out that I have always had this problem long long long long before I ever became diabetic. I don't follow a diabetic food plan since I don't eat enough for it to matter anyway, so I just eat whatever the hell I want and adjust my insulin accordingly.

Right here are the reasons why you can't put on weight. For whatever reason, most peeps with Type 1 have a hard time putting on weight while its the opposite problem with Type 2.

It should be plain and simple that if you eat more than you burn you should gain weight (lord knows that's how it works with me), but not everybody's bodies follow this rule. The endocrine system is so seriously complex that if doctors really understood as much as they claim nobody would be under or overweight unless they chose to be.

I'm not sure if you've tried this, but I urge you to go visit a nutritional expert. Your endocrinologist should be able to point you in the right direction. The rules that apply to the vast majority obviously aren't applying to you so its time to get with a health care professional who has seen this kind of thing before and can help you with it. I know just enough to know that I don't know enough to give the right advice, but I will reiterate that you want to be VERY CAREFUL with the type of weight you gain. I've read some articles on "skinny fat" people-- people who are visually thin, yet are metabolically obese-- and their morbidity/mortality is worse than any other demographic--- including the morbidly obese.
Be careful with it and make sure you consult a professional in this area. This place wouldn't be the same without your neurotic skinny white *** posting here.

I wish you luck!

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 09:08 PM
Sic em Dont listen to a Thing any of these folks tell ya.
You you need a Transplant, Call and set it up and Ill come donate ya 50 er 60 lbs. Fer free just cause I like ya and stuff.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/8/2013, 09:31 PM
Hook up with an overweight older woman who loves to cook and is good at it.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 09:35 PM
Hook up with an overweight older woman who loves to cook and is good at it.

You hush yer whore Mouth, Im tryin to Donate my extry to the boy.

rock on sooner
1/8/2013, 09:45 PM
Sic em Dont listen to a Thing any of these folks tell ya.
You you need a Transplant, Call and set it up and Ill come donate ya 50 er 60 lbs. Fer free just cause I like ya and stuff.

Man, Vet, yer a piece of werk!!!! How you think of this stuff?

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 09:46 PM
Right here are the reasons why you can't put on weight. For whatever reason, most peeps with Type 1 have a hard time putting on weight while its the opposite problem with Type 2.

It should be plain and simple that if you eat more than you burn you should gain weight (lord knows that's how it works with me), but not everybody's bodies follow this rule. The endocrine system is so seriously complex that if doctors really understood as much as they claim nobody would be under or overweight unless they chose to be.

I'm not sure if you've tried this, but I urge you to go visit a nutritional expert. Your endocrinologist should be able to point you in the right direction. The rules that apply to the vast majority obviously aren't applying to you so its time to get with a health care professional who has seen this kind of thing before and can help you with it. I know just enough to know that I don't know enough to give the right advice, but I will reiterate that you want to be VERY CAREFUL with the type of weight you gain. I've read some articles on "skinny fat" people-- people who are visually thin, yet are metabolically obese-- and their morbidity/mortality is worse than any other demographic--- including the morbidly obese.
Be careful with it and make sure you consult a professional in this area. This place wouldn't be the same without your neurotic skinny white *** posting here.

I wish you luck!

Whatever, I'm right!

Besides, what do you know about health? You're just a health care professional....I'm much more qualified, I watch House regularly! ;)

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 09:48 PM
Man, Vet, yer a piece of werk!!!! How you think of this stuff?

Im a caring Compassionate person who will do just about anything fer my fellow man. Even "Give of Myself"

rock on sooner
1/8/2013, 09:58 PM
Whatever, I'm right!

Besides, what do you know about health? You're just a health care professional....I'm much more qualified, I watch House regularly! ;)

House is "muerte"...

rock on sooner
1/8/2013, 09:59 PM
Im a caring Compassionate person who will do just about anything fer my fellow man. Even "Give of Myself"

Yeh, but what tha hell yew give?

cleller
1/8/2013, 10:06 PM

I wish you luck!

I buy into this, too. When I was a kid I was skinny all the time, when I hit my teens I wanted to gain weight but couldn't, no matter what I ate. Lifting weights was the only thing that did it. I think naturally thin people just have a way of passing thru all that stuff that would stick to others.
When you start working and tearing those muscle fibers you body finally decides it need some of those calories and proteins to fix itself, and the food starts sticking to you. Just my internet nobody theory.

The whole thing is no fun, but you can do plenty without hitting the gym. Start out with some pushups, lunges, etc. Get a curl bar of dumbells to work with, they don't take up much room. With that you could do some squats, curls, tricep, shoulders. I really think you'd be surprised over the course of a few months. Start out easy. You'll be sore.

You'll also have to eat some non-crap. The body knows what to do with crap. Milk, bread, peanut butter, bananas. Shovel and exercise.

What would Schmitty say?

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 10:10 PM
Yeh, but what tha hell yew give?

All of me to the Hawt wimmens
My excess fat to the skinny ****ers

sooneron
1/8/2013, 10:45 PM
Per Sq In - Muscle weighs more than fat. Quit being a ***** and lift a little weight.

ouwasp
1/8/2013, 10:46 PM
Get married.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 10:53 PM
Get married.

He aint found a Man that will have him yet.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 11:13 PM
SicEm, don't waste your money on a weight gain supplement. I told my oldest son the same thing (he's 6'6, 150....super thin), and he did it anyway. He drank the stuff religiously for two months, and gained....NOTHING.

I'll tell you what I told him, you have to increase your caloric intake. It's simple, take in more calories than you burn. You have to figure out what you're burning daily, then increase your intake. You're one of those people that can probably eat anything and not gain weight. That's good, but don't just start eating ****. It'll make you feel like ****. Increase your carbohydrate level...pasta, bread, etc.

Maybe those weight gain supplements work for some people, but I've known a lot of folks that have used them with no results (other than a lighter wallet).
That's sort of what I thought. I tried some of the powder shake crap that my roommate had and used it for about 2 months with no results. I thought maybe I was just using a ****ty brand or something.

The carb heavy diet is along my line of thinking but the problem is that I've ALWAYS eaten a tremendous amount of carbs with no result.

I wish you luck!
The only issue I have with any of this is that, like I said, I didn't become a type-1 diabetic until I was 25/26 but I've had this problem my entire life. So the issue predates the diabetes by a couple of decades. Nonetheless, I definitely know the type-I diabetes compounds the issue.

I have had an endocrinologist refer me to a dietitian in the past but I didn't go because I knew I'd likely never follow the regimen -- I'm exceedingly picky about my food and I only like to eat a handful of things. The endocrinologists I've had have all been at a loss for why I can't gain weight. It's frustrating!

I buy into this, too. When I was a kid I was skinny all the time, when I hit my teens I wanted to gain weight but couldn't, no matter what I ate. Lifting weights was the only thing that did it. I think naturally thin people just have a way of passing thru all that stuff that would stick to others.
When you start working and tearing those muscle fibers you body finally decides it need some of those calories and proteins to fix itself, and the food starts sticking to you. Just my internet nobody theory.

The whole thing is no fun, but you can do plenty without hitting the gym. Start out with some pushups, lunges, etc. Get a curl bar of dumbells to work with, they don't take up much room. With that you could do some squats, curls, tricep, shoulders. I really think you'd be surprised over the course of a few months. Start out easy. You'll be sore.

You'll also have to eat some non-crap. The body knows what to do with crap. Milk, bread, peanut butter, bananas. Shovel and exercise.

What would Schmitty say?

I've heard that about exercising, but for the love of God I was a competitive swimmer from the time I was 6-18 and never could put on weight. I had a carb-heavy diet and I was swimming in the morning, afternoon, and evening adding up to well over a mile of swimming a day and did this for more than a decade.

Yet with all that exercise....nadda! Never could gain weight.

I guess what I'm looking for is some sort of magical powder or bean that I can take and *poof* I'm 20lbs heavier! I guess it's just going to take a lot more work and dedication on my part to gain any weight. I keep thinking that since I'm in my 30's now my metabolism will slow down.

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 11:15 PM
Per Sq In - Muscle weighs more than fat. Quit being a ***** and lift a little weight.
Eh, I don't like to put out that much effort and I hate getting sweaty. Not my thing.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 11:16 PM
I done told yer skinny little azz, Schedule A transplant let me know when and Ill donate ya 50 er 60 Lbs . How much easier ya want it?

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 11:17 PM
I done told yer skinny little azz, Schedule A transplant let me know when and Ill donate ya 50 er 60 Lbs . How much easier ya want it?

I don't need that much and you'd have to liquor me up with some OVJ before that procedure!~

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 11:20 PM
I don't need that much and you'd have to liquor me up with some OVJ before that procedure!~

I Liquor you up with the OVJ yer gonna get a Pecker transplant too. :glee:

SicEmBaylor
1/8/2013, 11:24 PM
I Liquor you up with the OVJ yer gonna get a Pecker transplant too. :glee:

If so, it damned sure better be an upgrade!

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 11:39 PM
If so, it damned sure better be an upgrade!

Oh you wont get to keep it. It just be a temporary Transplant and it be "UP" sompun fer sure .

Collier11
1/8/2013, 11:50 PM
get you a fat girl and put her on top, you are guaranteed to gain weight

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 12:00 AM
get you a fat girl and put her on top, you are guaranteed to gain weight

Sic and his New Babe
http://danieldickey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/funny1.jpg

Boomer.....
1/9/2013, 08:42 AM
Sic and his New Babe
http://danieldickey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/funny1.jpg

When did Pat get a tan?

XingTheRubicon
1/9/2013, 08:51 AM
Jered Leto, the actor gained a pound a day for a month drinking melted ice cream. He microwaved it I guess.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9863/91941716.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/91941716.jpg/)

and to look like Mark David Chapman...

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/282/38680212.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/38680212.jpg/)

picasso
1/9/2013, 08:59 AM
I like Leto's band.

Boomer.....
1/9/2013, 09:25 AM
I like Leto's band.

30 Seconds to Mars is bad ace!

KantoSooner
1/9/2013, 10:10 AM
If you've got the insulin pump handy, then you're ready for my final advice:

Fettucini Alfredo

Damn buckets of the stuff.

With mounds of extra parmesan slivers on top.

And toasted garlic.

Paired with a Barollo (Yeah, I know, but the heaviness of the pasta needs balance from the wine or the wine will be overwhelmed.)

stay on that diet for a couple months and see what happens. Even if you fail, you win. It's kind of like sex that way; it's all good, some is just gooder than others.

Breadburner
1/9/2013, 10:31 AM
Sperm worked on my ex-girlfriends....So try that....

cleller
1/9/2013, 11:00 AM
I've heard that about exercising, but for the love of God I was a competitive swimmer from the time I was 6-18 and never could put on weight. I had a carb-heavy diet and I was swimming in the morning, afternoon, and evening adding up to well over a mile of swimming a day and did this for more than a decade.

That sounds familiar, too. You're another one where aerobic exercise burns the weight right off you. I used to run some, 10k's in college, 5K's later on, and running always made keeping weight on harder.
Obviously its good for you, but it mostly works your heart and lungs. Do some resistance training without the aerobic stuff, plus eating a bunch, and you'll bulk up some.

Yep, if you don't mind the unhealthy fat, ice cream will put it on you.

picasso
1/10/2013, 09:01 PM
Sic'em. You're not going to gain weight training as a swimmer.

You have got to weight train and eat large amounts of food if you want to gain the right way.
Don't be shy about starting out in a weight room because you're small. You'd be surprised at how many muscleheads will help you out.

Soonerjeepman
1/10/2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah, that's a lot of work. I just want to gain weight. I eat a tremendous amount of junk food, but I have never been able to gain weight haven't for my entire life.

I've tried different things over the years but nothing really works.

A$$HOLE...with deepest envy I say that~

soonerboomer93
1/11/2013, 06:57 PM
That's sort of what I thought. I tried some of the powder shake crap that my roommate had and used it for about 2 months with no results. I thought maybe I was just using a ****ty brand or something.

The carb heavy diet is along my line of thinking but the problem is that I've ALWAYS eaten a tremendous amount of carbs with no result.

The only issue I have with any of this is that, like I said, I didn't become a type-1 diabetic until I was 25/26 but I've had this problem my entire life. So the issue predates the diabetes by a couple of decades. Nonetheless, I definitely know the type-I diabetes compounds the issue.

I have had an endocrinologist refer me to a dietitian in the past but I didn't go because I knew I'd likely never follow the regimen -- I'm exceedingly picky about my food and I only like to eat a handful of things. The endocrinologists I've had have all been at a loss for why I can't gain weight. It's frustrating!

I guess what I'm looking for is some sort of magical powder or bean that I can take and *poof* I'm 20lbs heavier! I guess it's just going to take a lot more work and dedication on my part to gain any weight. I keep thinking that since I'm in my 30's now my metabolism will slow down.

exercise from swiming is slightly different from excersice through weight training though. Trying the weight training, working in sets with different weights and muscle groups should work differently and at worst should be worth a shot.