PDA

View Full Version : Goofiest Comment of the Night

Piware
1/8/2013, 12:23 AM
When the domers scored the 2nd touchdown, Muss Brentburger said if ND could blank out the first half it would be a tie ballgame. Hmmm, does ND get a special pass on that like so many other things?

This falls into the "if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle" category.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/8/2013, 12:42 AM
It was pretty obvious Brent was rooting for the Domers.

That being said, I thought the goofiest comment was him referring to the altercation between McCarron and Jones as a "lover's quarrel." Then again, maybe Brent knows something we don't know.

If not, those two are going to be plenty pissed when they hear about it tomorrow.

soonercastor
1/8/2013, 01:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lILpuRmOA-0

LRoss
1/8/2013, 06:22 AM
Broadcastors generally root for two things (per a Pat Forte article, at least): 1) quick games and 2) good storylines. Blowouts are hard for them and bad for storylines.

For what it's worth, I thought the comment that followed ("But the first half counts" or something close) is a step better than the cliche about how games are won or lost in the 4th quarter as though the first 3 don't matter.

Now the lover's quarrel comment, I agree that one was awkward and hilariously bizarre.

vtsooner21
1/8/2013, 07:23 AM
I just can't believe Brent still does the big-time games. He's just the most vile broadcaster I know. If last night's stage wasn't the proof, I don't know how much more we, as football fans, can take. Not sure whether Muss thought he was doing the game for fourth graders (see his comments on a difference if only one half played) or perhaps he was auditioning for some perve men's show as he was wringing his mitten while commenting on McCarron's girlfriend. Had to make Herbie a bit nervous... He's gotta be put out on the farm somewhere.

Boomer

Breadburner
1/8/2013, 07:36 AM
He is a ****ing idiot......

cleller
1/8/2013, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lILpuRmOA-0

Brent was thinking about that incredible one-two punch on his monitor, I bet.

budbarrybob
1/8/2013, 09:06 AM
I could have cared less about the outcome of this game. I had reasons for losses by both teams. Only fitting that it ended with a blow out. Now we at least get to hear how Great 'Bama is for another 2 years. That and the continued SEC dominance. Couple that with the suckitude that OU and the big12 have become it will make for a craptastic off-season. Well, we still have the Red/White game in a few months....

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2013, 09:10 AM
"Alabama is putting up NBA numbers with 502 yards of offense."

I'm sorry but that's the dumbest thing I heard last night.

ouleaf
1/8/2013, 09:54 AM
I just can't believe Brent still does the big-time games. He's just the most vile broadcaster I know. If last night's stage wasn't the proof, I don't know how much more we, as football fans, can take. Not sure whether Muss thought he was doing the game for fourth graders (see his comments on a difference if only one half played) or perhaps he was auditioning for some perve men's show as he was wringing his mitten while commenting on McCarron's girlfriend. Had to make Herbie a bit nervous... He's gotta be put out on the farm somewhere.

Boomer

It's Big Game Brent. I think he's in part doing somewhat of a character because he has morphed his broadcasting style from a more straight forward approach to this simple, folksy, southern character. Unfortunately when its a blowout and he starts to do his own color commentary along with the play-by-play is when he gets weird now, like with the McCarron girlfriend stuff.

I'm sure she loves the attention though.

MyT Oklahoma
1/8/2013, 10:14 AM
I really wasn't listening that close to the game broadcast. I always find that helps everything go faster.

If I ever really want commentary I turn on the OU radio broadcast. LOL

Jacie
1/8/2013, 03:42 PM
All Brent needs now is a catch phrase, though Whoa Nellie and Not so fast my friend have already been taken.