PDA

View Full Version : SEC SEC SEC

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2013, 12:05 AM
SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC ...gee, YA THINK!?!?!?

colleyvillesooner
1/8/2013, 01:13 AM
Did Sabanball hack your account?

1/8/2013, 01:17 AM
Did Sabanball hack your account?I dunno...SEC SEC SEC...WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT?

soonercastor
1/8/2013, 01:29 AM
Proof is in the pudding

Seamus
1/8/2013, 03:17 AM
Seen Eating Cok.

prrriiide
1/8/2013, 06:11 AM
Sorry. I'd rather see the SEC win every BCS CG than see those arrogant fvcks in South Bend get even one more.

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2013, 06:31 AM
The SEC ain't great...Alabama is great

Bama is head and shoulders above everyone in college football...I ****in hate saying that, but the evidence was presented last night

MyT Oklahoma
1/8/2013, 10:19 AM
Noted. Duly noted.

rock on sooner
1/8/2013, 10:22 AM
Sorry. I'd rather see the SEC win every BCS CG than see those arrogant fvcks in South Bend get even one more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

flysooner9
1/8/2013, 11:22 AM
Let's not forget both Florida and LSU got beat.

Mac94
1/8/2013, 11:26 AM
Florida and LSU losing were disappointments. Still ... the SEC ended up with the same winning percentage as the ACC in bowl games.

For the power conferences the final win loss totals was:

ACC: 4-2
SEC: 6-3
Pac-12: 4-4
Big-12: 4-5
Big-10: 2-5

1/8/2013, 12:01 PM

A-Effing men

1/8/2013, 12:03 PM
Florida and LSU losing were disappointments. Still ... the SEC ended up with the same winning percentage as the ACC in bowl games.

For the power conferences the final win loss totals was:

ACC: 4-2
SEC: 6-3
Pac-12: 4-4
Big-12: 4-5
Big-10: 2-5are there no lassie boards to occupy you?

1/8/2013, 12:04 PM
Saban is Football King!

Mac94
1/8/2013, 12:59 PM
El Rushbo -

Yup ... but I'm also a Sooner fan ... dad was OU med class of 74 ... so I'm on here too. ;)

More numbers ... in the final AP poll the SEC had 7 out of 14 teams ranked. How that compares to the other power conferences:

SEC: 7/14
Big-12: 3/10
Big-10: 4/12
Pac-12: 3/12
ACC: 2/12

Bourbon St Sooner
1/8/2013, 01:08 PM
If you want to brag about the sec you can go do so on the redneck circle jerk boards. Get you jorts and bandana on and bow at the altar of oversigning.

1/8/2013, 01:10 PM
El Rushbo -

Yup ... but I'm also a Sooner fan ... dad was OU med class of 74 ... so I'm on here too. ;)

More numbers ... in the final AP poll the SEC had 7 out of 14 teams ranked. How that compares to the other power conferences:

SEC: 7/14
Big-12: 3/10
Big-10: 4/12
Pac-12: 3/12
ACC: 2/12buh-bye, lassie.

Mac94
1/8/2013, 01:17 PM
I didn;t start the thread ... I was just posting a few numbers.

I will ask this ... how many Sooner fans are happy with the current Big-12? As a concept, the original Big-12 was a good conference ... and the Big-12 south was the best division out there. The only thing they did wrong, IMHO, is allow the OU-Nebraska rivalry to fade away. It was one of the conferences most marketable games and the conference let it slip away.

But in its current state is feels, to me, way to SWCesque. Alot of smaller teams with little national appeal ... and it's dragging down OU and Texas, IMHO.

TitanTiger
1/8/2013, 01:25 PM
The SEC ain't great...Alabama is great

Bama is head and shoulders above everyone in college football...I ****in hate saying that, but the evidence was presented last night

While I don't dispute Bama's position right now, a conference doesn't win 7 straight titles with 4 different teams by not being great. And if you count the whole BCS era, it's 5 different teams.

Jack T.
1/8/2013, 01:39 PM
I root for Division I. . .and a Division I team wins the MNC every single year!

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2013, 01:45 PM
While I don't dispute Bama's position right now, a conference doesn't win 7 straight titles with 4 different teams by not being great. And if you count the whole BCS era, it's 5 different teams.
Listen...the SEC is a VERY good conference...but lets be honest, 4 of the 7 titles belong to ONE guy and his organization...that doesn't mean it's a GREAT conference. There are a couple of really good teams...Carolina, Bama, aTm, and maybe LSU.

Florida got exposed and bitch slapped in their bowl game...and as far as the rest of the SEC, they don't scare anybody...and let's not get started about how horrible Mizzou, Tennesses, Auburn, and Kentucky are...

The bottom line is this...Bama gives the SEC a TON of bragging rights...I just think a great deal of the SEC dominance is mythilogical

TitanTiger
1/8/2013, 01:51 PM
Listen...the SEC is a VERY good conference...but lets be honest, 4 of the 7 titles belong to ONE guy and his organization...that doesn't mean it's a GREAT conference. There are a couple of really good teams...Carolina, Bama, aTm, and maybe LSU.

Florida got exposed and bitch slapped in their bowl game...and as far as the rest of the SEC, they don't scare anybody...and let's not get started about how horrible Mizzou, Tennesses, Auburn, and Kentucky are...

The bottom line is this...Bama gives the SEC a TON of bragging rights...I just think a great deal of the SEC dominance is mythilogical

They do, but still, when you have three other teams capture titles in that span, you're still the dominant dog in the pound and can't be seriously characterized as a myth. I mean, since 2003, LSU has won 2 and Florida has won 2 as well in addition to Auburn's one. A lot of conferences have one perennial powerhouse like USC. Some have two like (normally) OU and Texas. But when four teams can rotate to win 8 of the last 10 titles, there's no mythologizing to it.

1/8/2013, 01:59 PM
this thread draws too many gnats. As originator, I approve a mod lock, to end it.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/8/2013, 02:04 PM
I didn;t start the thread ... I was just posting a few numbers.

I will ask this ... how many Sooner fans are happy with the current Big-12? As a concept, the original Big-12 was a good conference ... and the Big-12 south was the best division out there. The only thing they did wrong, IMHO, is allow the OU-Nebraska rivalry to fade away. It was one of the conferences most marketable games and the conference let it slip away.

But in its current state is feels, to me, way to SWCesque. Alot of smaller teams with little national appeal ... and it's dragging down OU and Texas, IMHO.

I happy not to be included in a conference with Nick Satan worshipping, jort wearing rednecks and anything that's associated with nut grabbing aggies. If we never win another NC, so be it.