PDA

View Full Version : Definitely official: Stills, Jefferson leaving

cvsooner
1/7/2013, 05:35 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/01_sooner_football_notebook.html

Coach Stoops Comments on Jefferson, Stills - 4:06 p.m.
"University of Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops confirmed Monday that he is aware that safety Tony Jefferson and wide receiver Kenny Stills intend to declare for the 2013 NFL Draft.

"We appreciate the contributions that Tony and Kenny have made during their time at Oklahoma," Stoops said. "We wish them both the best as they pursue their opportunities in the NFL."

No tweets from either one, which is pretty unusual. Also, apparently, local media is indicating Tom Wort will be leaving the program.

badger
1/7/2013, 05:39 PM
Not Wort! :(

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2013, 05:40 PM
Can't blame him.

Mjcpr
1/7/2013, 05:43 PM
Can't blame him.

Go on....

sooneron
1/7/2013, 05:57 PM
Yes, go on...

Jeronimo
1/7/2013, 06:09 PM
Well.........................................bye.

goingoneight
1/7/2013, 06:41 PM
Tom was thinking about giving up football after his knee injury in 2009 and Austin Box talked him into staying IIRC. That's a tough decision that's even tougher given the situation. I wish all of them well.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2013, 06:43 PM
Yes, go on...

Why would he stay? Meaning we had games were we schemed to use 0 linebackers..He obviously isn't in Kish's plans so why stick around to stand on the sideline?

cvsooner
1/7/2013, 06:54 PM
Reportedly he has also graduated so no real reason to stick at OU, since the defensive staff have by actions shown he's not factoring into their plans.

cvsooner
1/7/2013, 08:03 PM
Definitely official from Stills: "To my Sooner Family and Friends,
I cannot begin to express how difficult it is to describe the emotions I have on this day as I announce that I will be entering the 2013 NFL draft. Becoming a player in the National Football League has been a lifelong dream and goal of mine that I feel I am now ready to make a reality. When I arrived in Norman three years ago, I could never have imagined the deep connection I would establish with such a warm community of people. Through the good and the bad, on such a large number of occasions, I have been humbled by the kindness of your hearts. As I get ready for the exciting next phase of my career, and recollect my time here in Norman, I feel it is important to express my appreciation to not only the fans, but also to all of the coaches and staff. I cannot thank you all enough for everything you have taught me and for the opportunities and support you have provided to me both on and off of the field. I will be forever grateful to The University of Oklahoma and can only hope my new colleagues will be as supportive and that the next stop on my journey is just as special."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kl026b

And Jefferson: "
My goodbye for now As I start my journey on to the next level Id like to thank the coaches, players, fans, and students at the University of Oklahoma. It's been a dream that I didn't even believe I was capable of dreaming. To attend an institution with such great people surrounding it makes me realize how blessed i was to come here. The coaches have had a huge impact in my life on and off the field i appreciate and owe it all to them for giving me the opportunity to showcase my abilities and not only making me a better player but essentially making me a better man. And to all the fans . I can't express how much I love y'all . Y'all are committed and keep us players going when the growing gets tough. As this was one of the hardest decisions in my life I do have great faith in my future on and off the field because of all the love and support and guidance I have received at the university of Oklahoma. I will always live by the crimson cream , and continue to let every soul know , that there is only ONE Oklahoma ! Boomer sooner!"

http://tmi.me/FyNf8

cvsooner
1/7/2013, 08:05 PM
Edited the thread. It's definitely definite.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2013, 08:57 PM
I figured this one out about the second quarter. Stills was actually trying to block and Jefferson wouldn't hit anyone

cvsooner
1/7/2013, 09:01 PM
I thought Stills might stay, but he and Jefferson are close. Jefferson's been grumbling for a year at least on Twitter about being broke all the time, so he really comes as no big surprise.

tulsaoilerfan
1/7/2013, 09:04 PM
Cant say i blame them; why pay for free if you can get paid? Even 4th rounders make good money compared to the average person

Okie35
1/7/2013, 09:09 PM
I figured this one out about the second quarter. Stills was actually trying to block and Jefferson wouldn't hit anyone

Jefferson was probably still hurt. I can't blame either of them especially Stills. I wouldn't want to go through a year with a new QB.

Okie35
1/7/2013, 09:10 PM
Cant say i blame them; why pay for free if you can get paid? Even 4th rounders make good money compared to the average person

They also have more longevity in the NFL.

MyT Oklahoma
1/7/2013, 11:35 PM
I wish all three of them the best.

Piware
1/8/2013, 12:31 AM
If there was a realistic chance that OU would be playing for a crystal ball next year, I would hope they would stay. Facts are we have some rebuilding to do so why stick around and take a chance on a career ending injury? They have both made significant contributions so I hope they have great NFL careers.

swardboy
1/8/2013, 03:37 PM
Stills is remarkable adept at writing skills given he's a blond-dyed, mohawk-wearing, heavily-tattooed, SoCal athaleet. Mebbe I shouldn't be so quick to judge according to one's appearance. Good luck Kenny.

soonercastor
1/8/2013, 06:07 PM
Bigger question is why in the world is Millard staying? Great for us but he should take his talents to the NFL. Will love to see him play at the next level and see how they use them.

winout
1/8/2013, 06:13 PM
I appreciate their contributions. Good luck and I'll keep my standard line to cheer for the team that has the most ex-Sooners on it.

cvsooner
1/8/2013, 06:42 PM
Millard reportedly got only a fourth round draft eval.

Boomer Mooner
1/8/2013, 07:02 PM
Hope they both land on teams where they are successful and happy.

zseese
1/8/2013, 09:09 PM
Stills is also one of the most well spoken guys on the team, I was surprised too

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/8/2013, 09:18 PM
Millard reportedly got only a fourth round draft eval.

Geez, if I was AD I'd be begging Minnesota to take him. Talk about a guy that can take some pressure off of you.

sooneron
1/8/2013, 10:02 PM
Gee, a black dude with tats and a 'hawk can put a sentence together?

Some of you hillbillies need to watch the vids that Soonersports posts every once in a while. It actually may challenge your "tendencies"...

Since71ASooner4Life
1/8/2013, 10:52 PM
I don't know that either one of them was going to get any better staying another year, but regardless, I have my doubts that either will make significant contributions in the NFL. Jefferson's a big hitter, but I think a step slow. Stills makes some really nice catches, but me thinks not enough of them, and not spectacular enough to make up for the number of drops. Hope I'm wrong, or maybe my expectations have been spoiled, but that's just my gut instinct on this one

yankee
1/9/2013, 01:16 PM
Gee, a black dude with tats and a 'hawk can put a sentence together?

Some of you hillbillies need to watch the vids that Soonersports posts every once in a while. It actually may challenge your "tendencies"...

Haha seriously. Stills and Jefferson have been in the program for 3 (three!) years, with dozens of interviews and soundbites between them.

cvsooner
1/9/2013, 01:47 PM
Geez, if I was AD I'd be begging Minnesota to take him. Talk about a guy that can take some pressure off of you.

They've got a lot invested in Gerhardt.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/9/2013, 01:52 PM
They've got a lot invested in Gerhardt.

The fullback in front of Peterson was on a 1 year contract. The big thing about Millard is that you can tear teams up in the pros sneaking the fullback out (as he rarely if ever gets covered).