PDA

View Full Version : This One's For Dean: Vigil Held For Elk Shot In Boulder. Heh.

FaninAma
1/7/2013, 04:34 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/06/candlelight-vigil-held-for-elk-killed-by-police-officer-in-boulder/

I found the comments very interesting and a reflection on what is going on in our society today. I will avoid bringing in my perspective on this subject at this time out of deference and respect for the dearly departed Elk. :D

BTW Dean, are you as impressed as I am that the police officer brought down that monster with a single shot from his service revolver?(or at least that's what the article indicates happened.)

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:22 PM
Sounds to me like he took it out with his side arm.
But the article said the Elk was injured so he may have been able to walk almost right up on it

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:27 PM
Technically, it probably was poaching, especially if the animal wasn't injured.

It's also likely embezzlement since he should have first offered the carcass to his employer for processing rather than taking it for himself.

As far as elk go, they're wild animals and I don't care how "majestic" the creature is, or how you've bonded with a freeking elk, it'll trample and kill you without a second thought. And to hold a vigil? All I can say is wow.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:38 PM
Im not even gonna reply to your stupid assed reply
Dayum you really need to quit eatin breakfast with SCS

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:40 PM
Im not even gonna reply to your stupid assed reply
Dayum you really need to quit eatin breakfast with SCS

But you did.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 08:43 PM
But you did.

No, he didn't.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:46 PM
No, he didn't.

Yup, No I dint, But His Dumas replied to MY Non reply.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:52 PM
Yup, No I dint, But His Dumas replied to MY Non reply.

Is that your non-reply #2?

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 08:55 PM
Is that your non-reply #2?

Is that your dumas reply #3597?

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:56 PM
Is that your dumas reply #3597?

Sticking up for your girlfriend?

Seriously, why do you two have to ruin a perfectly good thread because you can't be civilized human beings?

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 09:00 PM

Seriously, why do you two have to ruin a perfectly good thread because you can't be civilized human beings?

Oh No you brot out the Gay bashing.\
I commented on the article, YOU made a stupid Post then had to mouth off some more. Who started the Thread ruining? YOU with yer 1st post in it.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 09:01 PM

Dumas reply #3598?

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:02 PM
Heh.. no. This is a great example really. I did absolutely nothing to provoke you two and here you are ruining a thread because... I don't really know the because.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 09:07 PM
Technically, it probably was poaching, especially if the animal wasn't injured.
They said it WAS injured, So Unless the PoPo were lying and YOU have no reason to doubt them at this point. It was a Mercy killing
It's also likely embezzlement since he should have first offered the carcass to his employer for processing rather than taking it for himself.

They were City cops, The Elk doesnt belong to the Chief, as for Most animals killed on the side of the road , The PoPo let ya harvest it if you want to, Other wise it will lay there and rot until the Street dept. Comes along and hauls it to the dump
As far as elk go, they're wild animals and I don't care how "majestic" the creature is, or how you've bonded with a freeking elk, it'll trample and kill you without a second thought. And to hold a vigil? All I can say is wow.

Bet the wildest animal you were ever around was that Mouse yer sister had to kill cause you were too skeered to get out of the chair. There NOW I replied to your Ignernt assed post.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:28 PM
Police lie all the time. Weren't you one once? Haven't you posted about that? Some like the job because of the power, etc.? Don't you think a police officer might tend to lie in this situation? I sure do.

As far as embezzlement goes, I meant that jokingly, but it's true. If you are employed, say working at a store and you come across a $20 bill on the floor, you are legally required to turn that over to your employer. As a matter of practice, it doesn't usually go down that way, but that's how it's supposed to work.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 09:39 PM
Police lie all the time.

All the time?

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 09:44 PM
Police lie all the time. Weren't you one once? Haven't you posted about that? Some like the job because of the power, etc.? Don't you think a police officer might tend to lie in this situation? I sure do.

As far as embezzlement goes, I meant that jokingly, but it's true. If you are employed, say working at a store and you come across a $20 bill on the floor, you are legally required to turn that over to your employer. As a matter of practice, it doesn't usually go down that way, but that's how it's supposed to work.

Yup I was a Cop. Got my arse fired for giving a city councilman's wife a speeding ticket. I dont recall ever lying about anything. I always tried to stay More honest than any of the lawyers I was around.
Yer analogy of the 20 is the :succ:

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:46 PM
All the time?

It's an expression.

Surely you speak English?

diverdog
1/7/2013, 09:48 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/01/06/candlelight-vigil-held-for-elk-killed-by-police-officer-in-boulder/

I found the comments very interesting and a reflection on what is going on in our society today. I will avoid bringing in my perspective on this subject at this time out of deference and respect for the dearly departed Elk. :D

BTW Dean, are you as impressed as I am that the police officer brought down that monster with a single shot from his service revolver?(or at least that's what the article indicates happened.)

The comments are interesting. I am not sure what to think about this entire affair.
Hopefully, the meat will go to a shelter. That is some really fine eating.

diverdog
1/7/2013, 09:50 PM
Yup I was a Cop. Got my arse fired for giving a city councilman's wife a speeding ticket. I dont recall ever lying about anything. I always tried to stay More honest than any of the lawyers I was around.
Yer analogy of the 20 is the :succ:

That certainly explains your hate of politicians. You should have run against the councilman and booted him out of office.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:51 PM
The comments are interesting. I am not sure what to think about this entire affair.
Hopefully, the meat will go to a shelter. That is some really fine eating.

Per the article, the officer took the carcass for himself. That's definitely not legal.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 10:02 PM
Per the article, the officer took the carcass for himself. That's definitely not legal.

Why dont you reread it?
he had another Officer take it Im sure they were gonna share it between themselves tho.

Unethical? Prolly Illegal? aint that up uo the DA THERE?
Like I said, around here if an animal has to be put down,
For example My Ex DIL hit a Calf . The PoPo came out had farmers and ranchers from miles around come to see if the calf was theirs. Oh hell NO they all said. I told em I was gonna go get a truck an trailer to get the car to my shop, they said they wait on to get back. I got back they shot the Calf said they would call the Highway dpt to pick it up the next day if it was still there and drove off as I was cutting its throat to let it bled out.

Now In a Big City No clue on their Protocols.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 10:06 PM
Why dont you reread it?
he had another Officer take it Im sure they were gonna share it between themselves tho.

So you shared the drugs and cash you confiscated between yourself and opposing officers? I am told things work differently down in the McCurtain County area....

You were a cop. It's up to the DA whether to file charges. It's either legal or not legal based upon the law. DAs routinely decline to file charges when a law has been broken.

For example My Ex DIL hit a Calf . The PoPo came out had farmers and ranchers from miles around come to see if the calf was theirs. Oh hell NO they all said. I told em I was gonna go get a truck an trailer to get the car to my shop, they said they wait on to get back. I got back they shot the Calf said they would call the Highway dpt to pick it up the next day if it was still there and drove off as I was cutting its throat to let it bled out.

In Boulder, I'm sure that would be up to Animal Control or something like that absent an emergency, and a gimpy elk probably isn't one of those. Dunno about here though.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 10:08 PM
That certainly explains your hate of politicians. You should have run against the councilman and booted him out of office.

Bro, I dont HATE politicians I just detest Lying scum bag, full of themselves Popinjays that think their shat dont stink and that they have all the answers
Ya know Kinda Like Matlock here.

cleller
1/7/2013, 10:09 PM

I disagree. The Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife has a standing policy on this regarding injured deer that are killed by police. The local warden will come to the scene, and offer to sell the officer a tag, if wanted, then let the officer take the deer.
At one time, the wardens would often take deer to nearby "boy's homes", etc, until they were forced to stop due to fear of lawsuits over any problem that might arise from the meat.

At any rate, if the animal was injured, killing it is not unlawful. If they kill was lawful, the taking of the meat is also lawful.

Still, no way to be sure it happened that way. If the shooting was not reported to the chief, there's going to be problems.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 10:11 PM
I disagree. The Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife has a standing policy on this regarding injured deer that are killed by police. The local warden will come to the scene, and offer to sell the officer a tag, if wanted, then let the officer take the deer.
At one time, the wardens would often take deer to nearby "boy's homes", etc, until they were forced to stop due to fear of lawsuits over any problem that might arise from the meat.

At any rate, if the animal was injured, killing it is not unlawful. If they kill was lawful, the taking of the meat is also lawful.

While the Dept. of Wildlife in CO might have jurisdiction, I'm pretty sure they also have animal control whose job it is to do this sort of thing.

And I don't really believe the officer claiming the elk was injured. You don't take prize photos and that sort of thing after killing an injured animal.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 10:11 PM
So you shared the drugs and cash you confiscated between yourself and opposing officers? I am told things work differently down in the McCurtain County area....

Oh How little you know against How Much you think you do!

You were a cop. It's up to the DA whether to file charges. It's either legal or not legal based upon the law. DAs routinely decline to file charges when a law has been broken.

Aint that what I said? Have another bowl ,Boy
In Boulder, I'm sure that would be up to Animal Control or something like that absent an emergency, and a gimpy elk probably isn't one of those. Dunno about here though.

If you Dont know about HERE why are you spouting off like you KNOW every thing about THERE?

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 10:13 PM

Due to scum bag ****'n lawyers...

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 10:15 PM
While the Dept. of Wildlife in CO might have jurisdiction, I'm pretty sure they also have animal control whose job it is to do this sort of thing.

And I don't really believe the officer claiming the elk was injured. You don't take prize photos and that sort of thing after killing an injured animal.

Matlock aint you ready fer bed yet? get yer Jammies on and quit sittin around the floor.

http://joanharvest.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/dumbass.jpg?w=535

cleller
1/7/2013, 10:35 PM

Not likely animal control would handle an injured bull elk. A similar instance with injured deer in Tulsa always goes to TPD, not animal control. The reason being that animal control officers do not carry guns. Killing a wounded animal generally falls to police, at least in Oklahoma. Also, it seems to have happened at night, when most towns don't run animal control officers.
I think anyone that shot such a huge animal under any condition would take photos. Human nature. No one would pass the opportunity to take a photo of a huge animal like that.

I'm sure I'd enjoy seeing the elk around town, too, and would have no to desire to shoot the thing. However, I've seen several stories about bull elk that get into the habit of living near humans. When the rut season comes, there are often problems. A bull elk could easily kill a person.

Unfortunately, they're a little like bears, and cannot live near people. A fed bear is a dead bear, etc.

That's the beauty of the argument. If he kills the elk, he's in trouble. If he doesn't kill it, and someone gets hurt, he's in more trouble.
The neighbors all claim the elk was friendly. Most deer are shy, until you get close to them. I imagine someone here knows someone who's had their guts just about kicked out by a buck they got too close to.

diverdog
1/7/2013, 11:00 PM

Agreed. I think not reporting discharging your weapon could be cause for dismissal.

cleller
1/7/2013, 11:02 PM
Agreed. I think not reporting discharging your weapon could be cause for dismissal.

Yep, that is what looks bad. Not reporting that thru channels immediately (or at least before going home) will get you fired most places.

diverdog
1/7/2013, 11:05 PM
Why dont you reread it?

When I worked on my Uncles ranch we had a 700 pound black angus get out onto the highway at night. Some guy from NY hit the steer broad side and totaled his car. We had to put down the steer. The driver of them car was fine until the sheriff pulled out his citation book and gave the driver a ticket. The dude complained and the cop said in Oklahoma you ain't allowed to hit a man's steer with a vehicle.

diverdog
1/7/2013, 11:08 PM
Yep, that is what looks bad. Not reporting that thru channels immediately (or at least before going home) will get you fired most places.

I heard that is a major no no in the cop world.

Tell ya one thing ole DD loves him some elk. Part of me can't really hold ill will towards the cops for trying to fill the fridge with some of the finest eating meat in the world.

picasso
1/19/2013, 12:11 PM
PETA reply.

C&CDean
1/19/2013, 12:24 PM
Can somebody tell me what this thread is about? Thnx. Sheez.

olevetonahill
1/19/2013, 01:08 PM
Can somebody tell me what this thread is about? Thnx. Sheez.

A cop shot and killed an Old Bull elk while on duty, Called his buddy they took pics. Buddy took Elk to the meat processor. Now Both cops are in trouble.

Collier11
1/21/2013, 10:08 PM

he failed to mention that he banged the wife first and then gave her a ticket for going too fast...wait, was it the other way around? Hell I dont remember

olevetonahill
1/21/2013, 10:15 PM
he failed to mention that he banged the wife fast and then gave her a ticket for going too fast...wait, was it the other way around? Hell I dont remember

:very_drunk: