PDA

View Full Version : How well does the "out coached" excuse play when...

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 03:46 PM
...one of the coaches who just out coached you was an OC for your team when you used to make that same excuse?

cvsooner
1/7/2013, 04:34 PM
Is this like one of those Zen riddles?

jkjsooner
1/7/2013, 07:22 PM
I'm getting tired of the criticism of Stoops stating he was out coached.

Would we really be happy if he put the blame elsewhere, players, refs, the breaks, etc.?

Whether or not it is true, I like a coach who takes responsibility after a loss. And, as far as being out coached, in every game one coach probably has a better game plan than the other. Of course it's not always the winner but in either case every coach gets out coached from time to time.

goingoneight
1/7/2013, 07:32 PM
People really don't watch or listen to Stoops much if they think that he doesn't take the fall for his team's losses. The "let's throw my assistants under the bus" thing is a real winner for guys like Kiffin, eh?

cvsooner
1/7/2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah, ask Switzer if he thinks was outcoached by Holtz in the 1978 Orange Bowl, f'r instance.

PLaw
1/7/2013, 09:49 PM
It's tired. The No. 3 paid HC in the country should not be out coached so frequently.

Bummer

PLaw
1/7/2013, 09:55 PM
People really don't watch or listen to Stoops much if they think that he doesn't take the fall for his team's losses. The "let's throw my assistants under the bus" thing is a real winner for guys like Kiffin, eh?

I don't know. I recall Stoops after a big loss saying "players have to execute - we had the right call". I thought that was strange coming from the guy who early on always told players to be complimentary of their teammates and position coaches after big wins.

Bummer