rdusooner
1/6/2013, 08:38 PM
Things just keep getting better.

tulsaoilerfan
1/6/2013, 08:52 PM
Reading on twitter that the Ags have 37 commits in this class? WOW

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2013, 08:57 PM
so actually who is he...I'm sorry I looked but he is already taken off the page....

rdusooner
1/6/2013, 09:00 PM
He was a 3* LB, but apparently the only "true" LB we had committed. Guess the other 2 are more athlete than LB, at least thats what I see on the Rivals board

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2013, 09:11 PM
ah, thanks. Figured we'll lose some guys after that butt kicking and seeing Mike go ballistic on the sidelines. I think some kids will get really turned off, especially since all his ranting and raving didn't change jack on the field.

* understand I have no problem with butt chewing every now and then, but honestly does that actually CHANGE anything? hasn't so far.

landrun
1/6/2013, 09:12 PM
Again, I have lost all confidence in Bob Stoops. He can't coach. He can't recruit.
Some of you homer fans need to take off your crimson glasses.

Mac94
1/6/2013, 09:38 PM
We don't have 37 ... we had a WR recruit decommit to Kingsbury and Texas Tech which made room for this guy. Reading up on this we had a number of ships left over from last year .... and we have room for a full 25 guys for this years class .... so numbers wise a number will be midterm guys that will count towards last years class.

GDC
1/6/2013, 09:38 PM
No biggie. OU hasn't had any linebackers for a couple of years so why start now?

Mjcpr
1/6/2013, 09:42 PM
This guy was Kish's contribution to the class, right? Or does he have others?

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2013, 10:05 PM
We don't have 37 ... we had a WR recruit decommit to Kingsbury and Texas Tech which made room for this guy. Reading up on this we had a number of ships left over from last year .... and we have room for a full 25 guys for this years class .... so numbers wise a number will be midterm guys that will count towards last years class.

so you'll have 11 count for last yr? you did have like 34/35 a few days ago. You got a WR in Army's game. Congrats on the win. I seriously HATE the johnny football busllhit name. Honestly he was a cocky little siht during the game, but he kicked OU's butt.

For the record he is NOT the first "FRESHMAN" to win the Heisman, he is the first RED-SHIRT freshman...yes to me that is a big diff. AD should have won it as a true freshman. ;-)

toast
1/6/2013, 10:12 PM
Usually dont get too worked up about recruiting until signing day, but I had hoped this kid would actually pan out as a true mlb for us.

goingoneight
1/7/2013, 01:35 AM
This is where Bob Stoops needs to be pulling his head out from no man's land. He may not think it's a big deal to keep getting embarassed like this and he can pull the "we'll be fine" excuse for only so long before all the talent you need wants to go anywhere but OU. It's bad enough that everyone outside the SEC is now having to deal with the shameless SEC promotion that is luring top talent away from the rest of us and into that conference. Seriously, I stand by my statement that the arrogance displayed by OU in regards to conference realignment to the SEC has hurt the football program and will continue to do so. The BIG 12 nationally is now viewed as a college football wasteland. I actually heard talk about Treadwell (the #1 WR in the country) on the radio a few weeks ago and the guys talking about him said sarcastically about his OU and OSU offers versus committing to Ole Miss-- "Well, if he wants to go play that brand of so-called football, I guess that's his problem."

sussudio
1/7/2013, 05:28 AM

so you'll have 11 count for last yr? you did have like 34/35 a few days ago. You got a WR in Army's game. Congrats on the win. I seriously HATE the johnny football busllhit name. Honestly he was a cocky little siht during the game, but he kicked OU's butt.

For the record he is NOT the first "FRESHMAN" to win the Heisman, he is the first RED-SHIRT freshman...yes to me that is a big diff. AD should have won it as a true freshman. ;-)
Amen on that one... He was a cokcy little shiite... AD=NFL something football=gutter trash

Mac94
1/7/2013, 08:45 AM

We've had a few decommits ... you all got a DL from us ... like I said ... Tech just took a WR .... there has been a bit of reshuffling. Anyway ... that's what Ive been reading. I'll trust Sumlin ... he doesn't have a bad rep so I'll assume he knows what he's doing.

As for AD ... agreed ... he should have won.

sooneron
1/7/2013, 09:41 AM
If you guys think JM was cocky, you sure have short memories to be forgetting Stephen McGee.

Always_Sooner
1/7/2013, 09:29 PM
Is Ou going to offer any of the linebackers from Sherman or St. Louis?

Soonerjeepman
1/7/2013, 10:25 PM
We've had a few decommits ... you all got a DL from us ... like I said ... Tech just took a WR .... there has been a bit of reshuffling. Anyway ... that's what Ive been reading. I'll trust Sumlin ... he doesn't have a bad rep so I'll assume he knows what he's doing.

As for AD ... agreed ... he should have won.

oh I wasn't suggesting anything crooked...heck Sumlin was here...lol. Just can't imagine ya can count 10 towards last yr...but maybe so.

Fraggle145
1/8/2013, 09:21 AM
If you guys think JM was cocky, you sure have short memories to be forgetting Stephen McGee.

I hated that **** too.

FaninAma
1/8/2013, 10:02 AM
They've offered D'Vante Henry. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-d'Vante-Henry-136698

Now, if they can just add 25 lbs to his 6-5 frame he may turn into a monster.

8timechamps
1/8/2013, 07:59 PM
This one hurt.

IMO, Mastrogiavonni was the best defensive player in the class (for the Sooners). He grew up a lifelong OU fan, and was considered as "solid" a verbal as you can get. Somehow, some way, A&M got him to flip. I can't help but think the lack of LB play the last 3 or 4 games had a major affect on his decision.

In the end, one guy doesn't make or break a class, but I admit that this one hurts. Still a ton of talent in this class, but I had really grown used to the idea of Mastro reviving the position. Oh well, we still have Dominique Alexander coming in, and while not as big, still a very good LB.