PDA

View Full Version : The Christ Manifesto

LiveLaughLove
1/6/2013, 06:40 PM
Let me start by saying thanks to everyone here for your insights and the nice comments I have gotten in the Reputation Added section. I have made a new year's resolution to stay away from things that effect me negatively. The news definitely does that to me. I am working very hard on my web businesses to go full time on them alone and am very close to being able to do so. I took on a partner and he has given me some needed guidance and creativity. I owe him my full attention, and my back can't take much more road pounding without me wanting to cut my spine out. So I will be staying away from things like this board. I very much appreciate this board and thank Phil and Dean and the others that work on this board.

I want to leave with a bang so to speak and talk about my Lord and Savior and what he means to me and my family. If you don't read any further that's cool. This is mostly going to be directed at Christians, or those that think they are, or those that are curious if it is real or not.

I'll start here with a true story.

My youngest sister was about to have her first child. A very routine thing at a big hospital here in OKC that I will not name, You will see why. It was mid April 16 years ago. My daughter was 4, and she and I were home alone (my day off from AOL). Our phone was not working in the house, I had to go pick up my paycheck, so I looked outside, it looked warm. I dressed her and I appropriately. We left the house to go to a payphone around the corner and call and see if she had had her child yet. It was freezing outside. So we went to the hospital instead. My daughter was excited to see her new cousin.

Just as I arrived in her room, the doctor was leaving from giving her her (I don't know the exact term) epidural or spinal block? Whatever numbs you from the waist down. I went over to her, and she immediately said she didn't feel right. I told her to relax it was just the anesthesia working on her lower body. Her then husband (now ex) was sitting in a chair. A few minutes later she again complains and says she cant breath. I called the nurse in, but thought she was being a drama queen. The nurse came in, and told her what i had said. It was normal no biggy. Then the nurse turned and went to the sink and wet a washcloth. I looked down at my sister and she was asleep. The nurse said wake her up, and threw the washcloth at me, and left the room.

I noticed the heart monitor for both her and the baby was going down. I freaked. I started trying to wake her up. She was already turning cold to my touch, and was sort of bluish green. My brother in law went to the other side, and was patting her face trying to wake her. I heard the intercom say code blue and gave her room number. I knew that was very bad. They rushed us out, and several nurses and doctors ran in. Outside the room, I said lets pray. The three of us held hands and we prayed as they worked on her. They rushed her out past us and down the hall. We kept praying, and I was very loud about it. I shouted at the Devil that he would not win.

A nurse came back a few minutes later and asked my brother in law to sign a paper saying they could save the baby at the expense of my sisters life. She was too unstable they said, but the baby was dying too. He asked what he should do. Here's where I will lose some of you. I said sign it. She is going to live. I had a calm come over me and I just knew she would live. I didn't hear a voice. I didn't see an Angel or feel God touch me or anything. But I KNEW she would live.

She did. They said she won't come out of the coma. I knew they were wrong. She did. They said she would be brain damaged from the sever length of time she was without oxygen. I knew they were wrong. She is completely healthy. They had caused the epidural thing to go up, instead of down. In essence, they euthanized her.

It wasn't easy. It was many many long days at hospitals, including a transfer to St. Anthony's (I will name them because they helped save her). She was in and out of comas and semi-comas the whole time.

Had it not been cold that day, I would not have went. Had I not have gone. I have no doubt whatsoever she and my nephew would be dead. Am I her savior? Not at all. I was just a vessel for that day in that time. But I didn't cave in when I could have. If I never do one more right thing in my life, and believe me I screw up regularly, at least I did that thing right.

If the story ended there, it is a good testimonial. But my sister told me something just this year that sent goosebumps up my arms. Something that if I had been told all those years ago, I had forgotten it.

When she was in HS, she visited a church. The Pastor prophesied over her. He told her he was sorry and he never did this to visitors, but he asked her to come forward. He told her the Lord had told him she was going to lead her family to Christ (she didn't even have a boyfriend let alone a family at that time). I'm literally fighting back tears as I type this, just thinking about the awe and wonder that He is.

My sister was not a Christian when she visited that day. She was not one when she died and revived that day, and hasn't been one in the 16 years since that day. She has a new husband and though I always liked him, he would say something derogatory about we Christians and he would hack me off.

This last year, they went to church for the first time. I don't even know why except my sister wanted to go, and my brother in law does love her so much that he went along. They are now both saved and active in their church family. Had she died that day 16 years before, the Devil would have won, and God would have been a liar. But he is no liar, he is sovereign. He lives and he cares, and he uses insignificant little worms like me at times to further his Kingdom.

I'm ending this first post on this here, if you have read this far, thanks very much. Part 2 will be more in to the state of Christianity today in America.

LiveLaughLove
1/6/2013, 06:41 PM
My favorite song is My Jesus by Todd Agnew. It steps on my toes badly, and should every Christian.

He says, "If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?"

For me, the state of American Christianity is simply that. We aren't, for the most part. People (fewer and fewer) go to church more for the social aspects then the theology. Then those people go out and tell the world around them they are Christians, then they foul up, screw up, and do everything everyone else does, and the lost think, "Heck if that's a Christian, then I am too". Or, "If he's a Christian, I don't want any part of it."

People label Christ by his followers. Which would be fine, except most AREN'T his followers. It gives them an easy out. It allows them to justify their carnal banal lives. Pastors soften their doctrines to entice more people in to church. The word in America is so watered down and so materialist based that it is barely recognizable with what I read in the word. Some pastors teach there is no Hell, homosexuality is not a sin, you can be a carnal Christian, the Bible is fallible, and on and on. The Bible must remain first and foremost the Truth, just as Jesus is the Truth, the Way and the Life. It cannot be altered, amended, or cherry picked. It either is or it isn't.

Here's one of the most powerful teachings I have ever heard to date on the state of American Christianity. I had never heard of this guy but was introduced to him through "The Way of the Master" radio show. He is Southern Baptist, and he is flat out awesome. It doesn't start getting too good until around the 5:30 mark. It's fairly introductory until that point, but it is the Truth told unabashedly to a Youth Rally.

http://youtu.be/3wX_BPopbKI

If you watched the video and aren't evaluating yourself right now, then I would submit you are dead inside. You had better pinch yourself and start getting some feeling back in your body before it's too late.

So the question is why is American Christianity failing? And make no mistake it is failing. 70% of teens quit going to church once they leave their homes. 30% of those go back at some time in their adult lives, but only so they can raise their kids as they were raised, not because of anything spiritual. So they are empty shells sitting in the pews. But why is that so?

I think a cop in LA has it right on this. He says it is because we do not teach in church to kids the evidences of the Bible. We teach doctrine. We teach about Jesus, but we do not teach enough of the truths in the world that the Bible is real. There are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of evidences that the Bible is real, but we don't ever learn that. Then some ex-hippy professor takes that teen and tells him his faith is stupid. That he is a flat Earther idiot. That he is anti science, and on and on. And the kid goes, ok, guess I'm not a Christian any more. I don't want to be those other things.

Start learning the evidence of what you believe, not just that you do believe. Because without those evidences, you are going to falter and not be able to stand strong in the face of the Devil (and yes those type things are demonic attacks).

Start exploring the evidence of what you believe. Start questioning and then seek the answers. It's ok to question your faith, but don't then seek the answer from a non-believer. They cannot tell you what they don't know. Here's a great podcast to start listening to:

http://pleaseconvinceme.com/

He is a cold case homicide detective that was an atheist for most of his life. He now is an expert in apologetics. His podcasts are some of the best I've listened to.

Get an apologetics Bible. Get an archaeological Bible. STUDY what you believe. And then when some poor lost slob tells you you are a dummy, a racist, a homophobe, a flat Earther, an idiot, a hatemonger, or any other epithet. You can withstand it. You can feel sorrow for that person, not offense. You can pray for that person, but most importantly you will not waiver. How could you? If you KNOW Christ, how can you deny him? If you know the preponderance of evidence is that he was and is real, you cannot falter. You cannot wait on some Damascus road miracle, or a Moses burning bush. It won't happen.

And that's my Christ Manifesto. Seek him in the Bible, but just as importantly, seek him outside the Bible. He's there too. That will give you the foundation you will need to absorb the attacks sure to come your way.

Once more, thanks to everyone here. I sincerely pray you all find Christ, even if you don't want to do so.

Boomer Sooner! and goodbye for a good while.

LiveLaughLove
1/6/2013, 06:42 PM
not used after all.

diverdog
1/6/2013, 06:44 PM
Let me start by saying thanks to everyone here for your insights and the nice comments I have gotten in the Reputation Added section. I have made a new year's resolution to stay away from things that effect me negatively. The news definitely does that to me. I am working very hard on my web businesses to go full time on them alone and am very close to being able to do so. I took on a partner and he has given me some needed guidance and creativity. I owe him my full attention, and my back can't take much more road pounding without me wanting to cut my spine out. So I will be staying away from things like this board. I very much appreciate this board and thank Phil and Dean and the others that work on this board.

I want to leave with a bang so to speak and talk about my Lord and Savior and what he means to me and my family. If you don't read any further that's cool. This is mostly going to be directed at Christians, or those that think they are, or those that are curious if it is real or not.

I'll start here with a true story.

My youngest sister was about to have her first child. A very routine thing at a big hospital here in OKC that I will not name, You will see why. It was mid April 16 years ago. My daughter was 4, and she and I were home alone (my day off from AOL). Our phone was not working in the house, I had to go pick up my paycheck, so I looked outside, it looked warm. I dressed her and I appropriately. We left the house to go to a payphone around the corner and call and see if she had had her child yet. It was freezing outside. So we went to the hospital instead. My daughter was excited to see her new cousin.

Just as I arrived in her room, the doctor was leaving from giving her her (I don't know the exact term) epidural or spinal block? Whatever numbs you from the waist down. I went over to her, and she immediately said she didn't feel right. I told her to relax it was just the anesthesia working on her lower body. Her then husband (now ex) was sitting in a chair. A few minutes later she again complains and says she cant breath. I called the nurse in, but thought she was being a drama queen. The nurse came in, and told her what i had said. It was normal no biggy. Then the nurse turned and went to the sink and wet a washcloth. I looked down at my sister and she was asleep. The nurse said wake her up, and threw the washcloth at me, and left the room.

I noticed the heart monitor for both her and the baby was going down. I freaked. I started trying to wake her up. She was already turning cold to my touch, and was sort of bluish green. My brother in law went to the other side, and was patting her face trying to wake her. I heard the intercom say code blue and gave her room number. I knew that was very bad. They rushed us out, and several nurses and doctors ran in. Outside the room, I said lets pray. The three of us held hands and we prayed as they worked on her. They rushed her out past us and down the hall. We kept praying, and I was very loud about it. I shouted at the Devil that he would not win.

A nurse came back a few minutes later and asked my brother in law to sign a paper saying they could save the baby at the expense of my sisters life. She was too unstable they said, but the baby was dying too. He asked what he should do. Here's where I will lose some of you. I said sign it. She is going to live. I had a calm come over me and I just knew she would live. I didn't hear a voice. I didn't see an Angel or feel God touch me or anything. But I KNEW she would live.

She did. They said she won't come out of the coma. I knew they were wrong. She did. They said she would be brain damaged from the sever length of time she was without oxygen. I knew they were wrong. She is completely healthy. They had caused the epidural thing to go up, instead of down. In essence, they euthanized her.

It wasn't easy. It was many many long days at hospitals, including a transfer to St. Anthony's (I will name them because they helped save her). She was in and out of comas and semi-comas the whole time.

Had it not been cold that day, I would not have went. Had I not have gone. I have no doubt whatsoever she and my nephew would be dead. Am I her savior? Not at all. I was just a vessel for that day in that time. But I didn't cave in when I could have. If I never do one more right thing in my life, and believe me I screw up regularly, at least I did that thing right.

If the story ended there, it is a good testimonial. But my sister told me something just this year that sent goosebumps up my arms. Something that if I had been told all those years ago, I had forgotten it.

When she was in HS, she visited a church. The Pastor prophesied over her. He told her he was sorry and he never did this to visitors, but he asked her to come forward. He told her the Lord had told him she was going to lead her family to Christ (she didn't even have a boyfriend let alone a family at that time). I'm literally fighting back tears as I type this, just thinking about the awe and wonder that He is.

My sister was not a Christian when she visited that day. She was not one when she died and revived that day, and hasn't been one in the 16 years since that day. She has a new husband and though I always liked him, he would say something derogatory about we Christians and he would hack me off.

This last year, they went to church for the first time. I don't even know why except my sister wanted to go, and my brother in law does love her so much that he went along. They are now both saved and active in their church family. Had she died that day 16 years before, the Devil would have won, and God would have been a liar. But he is no liar, he is sovereign. He lives and he cares, and he uses insignificant little worms like me at times to further his Kingdom.

I'm ending this first post on this here, if you have read this far, thanks very much. Part 2 will be more in to the state of Christianity today in America.

And here I thought you were a significant worm. :)

soonercruiser
1/6/2013, 10:01 PM
Blessed life, if we don't heard from you again...

cleller
1/6/2013, 11:11 PM
Best of luck. Hopefully we won't have to witness any display of intolerance toward your views or freedom of expression.

TitoMorelli
1/6/2013, 11:17 PM
Both beautiful and convicting, LLL - thanks for sharing.

olevetonahill
1/6/2013, 11:34 PM
Cool.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/6/2013, 11:48 PM
LLL,

I've enjoyed the festing.

yermom
1/7/2013, 07:26 AM
well, bye.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:05 AM
The way you have behaved yourself here certainly isn't Christian. You're an enormous hypocrite like most of 'em.

--and the pastor doing magic? Neat.

Is he like a lvl 33 druid or something?

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:29 AM
The way you have behaved yourself here certainly isn't Christian. You're an enormous hypocrite like most of 'em.

And you are your Usual arsehole self. Who the hell are YOU to JUDGE some one?

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:38 AM
And you are your Usual arsehole self. Who the hell are YOU to JUDGE some one?

Technically, I'm qualified :)

LLL is an unmitigated ******* here. So are you sometimes. The sudden switch to piety and humility is not something I'm buying at this point.

Oh and the pastor "doing prophecy" or whatever? Pastors do magic now? 'Cuz you go to Bible school you get a magic wand? Is that how it works now?

People who do prophecy are liars and cheats. Sorry to tell ya Santa isn't real.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:46 AM
Technically, I'm qualified :)

LLL is an unmitigated ******* here. So are you sometimes. The sudden switch to piety and humility is not something I'm buying at this point.

Oh and the pastor "doing prophecy" or whatever? Pastors do magic now? 'Cuz you go to Bible school you get a magic wand? Is that how it works now?

People who do prophecy are liars and cheats. Sorry to tell ya Santa isn't real.

I may be a ******* SOMETIMES but you are an Arsehole ALL the time.
as for Prophecy goes, read the Bible before you go to mouthing off, You might just learn that Prophecy is a Very real part of the Ministry :cheerful:

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:47 AM
I may be a ******* SOMETIMES but you are an Arsehole ALL the time.
as for Prophecy goes read the Bible it might before you go to mouthing off, You might just learn the Prophecy is a Very real part of the Ministry :cheerful:

Yep, like Benny Hinn laying hands on people and breaking their hips?

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/hinn/general.htm

cleller
1/7/2013, 09:15 AM
Best of luck. Hopefully we won't have to witness any display of intolerance toward your views or freedom of expression.

Even at the time I knew it was hopeless.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:33 AM

Intolerance?

Nope. He's free to say any 'ol dumb*** thing he wants to say. Ain't my forum. If it was, I would allow LLL to say any 'ol thing he wants and similarly allow anyone to respond in kind. The way he has treated others and myself sure as hell isn't "Christian," so he probably shouldn't expect to be treated with any more respect than he gives to others.

If you say something as silly as the Pastor spoke prophecy/in tongues/laid hands, I'm gonna call it what it is--bull****.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 09:35 AM
Even at the time I knew it was hopeless.

Hell ya Knew the Dooshbag Delux would have to chime in. Instead of lettin some have their Own opinions about their Faith he has to try an denigrate it.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:39 AM
Whoa... how about tolerating my dissenting point of view?

I think seers, psychics and pastors who can see the future are full of ****. I also think LLL is too much of an ***hole to say he's a very good Christian, especially when he's saying other folks who are more tolerant of others are not good Christians.

As far as denigrating your faith, when you're a flat-earther, it's awfully easy to brush you aside and categorize you into the "needs to read more books" category.

--so go read more books.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2013, 09:43 AM
Enjoyed reading both posts.

However, I see a lot of the problem in American christians is that they are more interested in being a political party than a true heart felt follower of Christ..People are more dedicated to their political party than their house of worship or their god.

We say we love the babies and abortion is wrong, but the babies in Iraq or Afghanistan I guess don't count. We say we are being like Christ, but we call the poor "lazy" and the sick unable to afford care unimportant.

The greatest moves of Christianity have occurred without christians being involved in government in the world's history but yet we find it important to make our beliefs law and force even more people away because you can't legislate love, which is the foundation of who our God is. we would rather be right than love people.

BTW, i am a pastor who is a follower of Christ, not a conservative or a liberal.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 09:45 AM

I think seers, psychics and pastors who can see the future are full of ****. I also think LLL is too much of an ***hole to say he's a very good Christian, especially when he's saying other folks who are more tolerant of others are not good Christians.

As far as denigrating your faith, when you're a flat-earther, it's awfully easy to brush you aside and categorize you into the "needs to read more books" category.

--so go read more books.

Who said anything about a "Flat earth"?
as fare as yer dissenting opinion goes, This aint a court of law.
Why cant arseholes Like you just let a man have HIS and just move on, If you dont agree then shake yer head and walk off.

See I dont CLAIM to be anything so I can tell you to **** off dip **** and I aint castin any shadows on Christianity.
I have however read the Bible Moren once , That part about "Not being a Stumbling block" kinda sticks with me. Sorta Like If ya dont agree just STFU and go on about yer own business

SoonerorLater
1/7/2013, 09:48 AM
Yep, like Benny Hinn laying hands on people and breaking their hips?

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/hinn/general.htm

You are aware that the rapid rise of charlatans like Benny Hinn (among others) were prophesied? What we see in the media is the equivalant of a Christian false Flag attack.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:50 AM
Who said anything about a "Flat earth"?
as fare as yer dissenting opinion goes, This aint a court of law.
Why cant arseholes Like you just let a man have HIS and just move on, If you dont agree then shake yer head and walk off.

See I dont CLAIM to be anything so I can tell you to **** off dip **** and I aint castin any shadows on Christianity.
I have however read the Bible Moren once , That part about "Not being a Stumbling block" kinda sticks with me. Sorta Like If ya dont agree just STFU and go on about yer own business

You're right, this isn't a court of law (how very perceptive?). This is a public forum. LLL can't post and then expect no one to disagree or to continue to think he's an ***hole even though he cloaks himself in so-called Christianity.

I was once a pretty solid Christian, went to Catholic schools, read the Bible, studied church history, etc. When I see someone who claims his pastor did magic, I'm reminded of John Smith reading the seer stones or palmistry or other circus-act bullcrap. I can buy the whole love thy neighbor thing. It's something to aspire to. I'm not there and you sure as hell aren't either.

And reading through the ___ begat _____ and he lived ____ years isn't proof of piety, it's proof that you clearly don't care about really bad writing.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 09:52 AM
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:52 AM
You are aware that the rapid rise of charlatans like Benny Hinn (among others) were prophesied? What we see in the media is the equivalant of a Christian false Flag attack.

You don't need the power of clairvoyance to know that people can use religion to expropriate money from the weak minded.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 09:55 AM
You're right, this isn't a court of law (how very perceptive?). This is a public forum. LLL can't post and then expect no one to disagree or to continue to think he's an ***hole even though he cloaks himself in so-called Christianity.

I was once a pretty solid Christian, went to Catholic schools, read the Bible, studied church history, etc. When I see someone who claims his pastor did magic, I'm reminded of John Smith reading the seer stones or palmistry or other circus-act bullcrap. I can buy the whole love thy neighbor thing. It's something to aspire to. I'm not there and you sure as hell aren't either.

And reading through the ___ begat _____ and he lived ____ years isn't proof of piety, it's proof that you clearly don't care about really bad writing.

So you lost your faith as an Altar boy?
Reading the Begats are just as important to understanding the Bible as any other part.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 09:56 AM
You don't need the power of clairvoyance to know that people can use religion to expropriate money from the weak minded.

I see! You are Jealous that a Preacher Mite get someones money before YOU can screw em out of it.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2013, 09:57 AM

Is he like a lvl 33 druid or something?

Mid, I do not have the words to describe my contempt for you.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:58 AM
I see! You are Jealous that a Preacher Mite get someones money before YOU can screw em out of it.

I earn my money based on written contracts and a strict tell-the-truth, tell 'em like it is, no bull**** policy.

Can't say the same for pastors who think they are seers.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 09:59 AM

How is that? You've used those words over and over.

Love thy neighbor and so on.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 10:02 AM
How is that? You've used those words over and over.

Love thy neighbor and so on.

Yea He shoulda said he cants stand yer Dooshbag ways instead of callin ya a dooshbag. I dont have to Love anyone cause I dont profess being a Christian. I can hate ya just for being a Doosh

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2013, 10:02 AM

--so go read more books.

MID, what Boehner said to Reid....

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 10:03 AM
I can hate ya just for being a Doosh

Right back atcha big guy.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 10:04 AM
I earn my money based on written contracts and a strict tell-the-truth, tell 'em like it is, no bull**** policy.

Can't say the same for pastors who think they are seers.

Thats Rich, Man is that rich.
You write in more Bull **** than a whole dayum herd can produce then Pounce on someone because they didnt understand an obscure clause. Yea you are a Stand up guy .:topsy_turvy:

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 10:05 AM
Right back atcha big guy.

See we on even ground. You never did tell us Just how bad that hurt gettin bent over by the priest.
Or did you enjoy gettin screwed so much you decided to become a lawyer and cut out the middle man?

Bourbon St Sooner
1/7/2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks for sharing LLL. We all have a story and I'm glad that you shared your testimonial here. Good luck and God bless.

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 10:06 AM
Damn, Mid is this fun for you? It's not our fault that your wife favors other men or whatever it is that gets credit for making you starved for attention.

I don't 100% agree with LLL's religious beliefs, but I could easily see that he's pouring his heart out concerning near death experiences with his family and perhaps I should just be quietly supportive.

If only there was a school where you learned how to be a person...the people that raised you have earned a hearty slap across the face as well.

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks for sharing LLL. We all have a story and I'm glad that you shared your testimonial here. Good luck and God bless.

has been to people school ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cleller
1/7/2013, 10:09 AM
Intolerance?

Nope. He's free to say any 'ol dumb*** thing he wants to say. Ain't my forum. If it was, I would allow LLL to say any 'ol thing he wants and similarly allow anyone to respond in kind. The way he has treated others and myself sure as hell isn't "Christian," so he probably shouldn't expect to be treated with any more respect than he gives to others.

If you say something as silly as the Pastor spoke prophecy/in tongues/laid hands, I'm gonna call it what it is--bull****.

Dealing with the post in discussion, I don't recall him directing any hate, derision or insults toward anyone. None of his words were transformed into ****.
He simply laid out some of his beliefs, and moved on. You then resorted to dredging up past issues to manufacture a reason to create conflict. Its beginning to reach an absurd level.

We all know this is something any reputable conflict counselor would advise against.

FaninAma
1/7/2013, 10:32 AM
Dealing with the post in discussion, I don't recall him directing any hate, derision or insults toward anyone. None of his words were transformed into ****.
He simply laid out some of his beliefs, and moved on. You then resorted to dredging up past issues to manufacture a reason to create conflict. Its beginning to reach an absurd level.

We all know this is something any reputable conflict counselor would advise against.

Like I said, the time for showing supporters of the Left any civility is gone. They have never shown any civility to opposing view points.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 10:46 AM

"Past issues"? I'm talking about his behavior in recent days--the same uncouth behavior we've come to expect from this so-called "Christian" with a history of thousands of derisive and hateful posts. I'm not claiming that I don't have a few derisive posts under my belt, but for someone who is clearly not an angle to cast himself as such and to say that all along, he was such is just about as absurd as myself claiming to be the second coming of Christ.

And for the record, I have a "back atcha big guy," the "Christians" have told me on numerous times to **** myself, have uttered twice **** you and have generally behaved in this thread as poorly as they have in all others. I do try to restrain myself, but sometimes I fail.

They're the typical holy on Sunday/drinkin'/fornicatin'/sinnin' the other six days so-called Christians we've all come to know and love in this great Christian state of Oklahoma. The very sorts of people who turn others away from God by their poor examples as Christians. I'm not an atheist, I'll keep my beliefs to myself. But if these folks like LLL profess to be Christians, having a strong working knowledge about what that's all about, I think they're full of ****.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 10:49 AM
So you lost your faith as an Altar boy?

MID, what Boehner said to Reid....

See we on even ground. You never did tell us Just how bad that hurt gettin bent over by the priest.
Or did you enjoy gettin screwed so much you decided to become a lawyer and cut out the middle man?

It's not our fault that your wife favors other men or whatever it is that gets credit for making you starved for attention.

Oh yes... proof that civility on the Left is dead.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2013, 10:50 AM
Mid, I have no more civility for you or any lib/progressive. You and they don't have it, so I will respond in kind...

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 10:54 AM
Mid, I have no more civility for you or any lib/progressive. You and they don't have it, so I will respond in kind...

What happened to turning the other cheek?

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 10:55 AM
"Past issues"? I'm talking about his behavior in recent days--the same uncouth behavior we've come to expect from this so-called "Christian" with a history of thousands of derisive and hateful posts. I'm not claiming that I don't have a few derisive posts under my belt, but for someone who is clearly not an angle to cast himself as such and to say that all along, he was such is just about as absurd as myself claiming to be the second coming of Christ.

And for the record, I have a "back atcha big guy," the "Christians" have told me on numerous times to **** myself, have uttered twice **** you and have generally behaved in this thread as poorly as they have in all others. I do try to restrain myself, but sometimes I fail.

They're the typical holy on Sunday/drinkin'/fornicatin'/sinnin' the other six days so-called Christians we've all come to know and love in this great Christian state of Oklahoma. The very sorts of people who turn others away from God by their poor examples as Christians. I'm not an atheist, I'll keep my beliefs to myself. But if these folks like LLL profess to be Christians, having a strong working knowledge about what that's all about, I think they're full of ****.

So, in other words, you hold us to a higher standard than yourself.

You're an insignificant worm.

The delicious part is that you know it too.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 11:00 AM
So, in other words, you hold us to a higher standard than yourself.

Nope. In other words, when you say you're a Christian, you're supposed to hold yourself to a higher standard. I'm not wrapping myself in a cloak of piety on one thread while acting like an unmitigated a-hole everywhere else.

It's not me being the hypocrite.

You're an insignificant worm. The delicious part is that you know it too.

It's you.

If you're going to have a signature invoking Jesus' name, at least try to pretend you're even a good person.

TitoMorelli
1/7/2013, 11:02 AM
Isn't it great how buttholes like Mid will do everything in their power to **** off people on this board, especially some who take their faith seriously, then will crow about the hypocrisy when they forget themselves and give in to that part of their nature that he so adroitly stirred up?

You have no idea how many times some of us on here have begun to post something that stoops to your pitiful level and then thought better of it, no matter how much we despise the crap that you routinely deposit. But don't worry, Mid. You can relish those times when we gave in and chose to follow your example.

LLL apparently realized that he can be a better person by not engaging little weasels like you on this forum. I've been feeling much the same myself, but obviously have decided to stoop to your level - at least once more, anyway

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 11:05 AM
That sig is there from a thread about 5 years before you came to this board. I would explain it, but I've got liberals to bullwhip here at work.

You're still an insignificant worm...and you still know it.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 11:07 AM
Isn't it great how buttholes like Mid will do everything in their power to **** off people on this board, especially some who take their faith seriously, then will crow about the hypocrisy when they forget themselves and give in to that part of their nature that he so adroitly stirred up?

It's not just this thread...

I'm talking about how you and yours will stoop to name calling and personal attacks when discussing things like the estate tax. I rarely respond to such attacks, but am almost never the one to start things.

It's folks like you and yours who seem to be unable to be greatly offended that other people are of a different mind about some things. You've run off a lot of really good posters with your awful attitudes towards people. When you turn around and say you take your faith seriously, I have myself a little chuckle. You sure as hell don't act the part.

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 11:08 AM

You have no idea how many times some of us on here have begun to post something that stoops to your pitiful level and then thought better of it, no matter how much we despise the crap that you routinely deposit. But don't worry, Mid. You can relish those times when we gave in and chose to follow your example.

LLL apparently realized that he can be a better person by not engaging little weasels like you on this forum. I've been feeling much the same myself, but obviously have decided to stoop to your level - at least once more, anyway

Yes, the "I loathe Christians, but why don't you act more like a Christian" defense.

Lesser people will always be just that...

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 11:14 AM
Yes, the "I loathe Christians, but why don't you act more like a Christian" defense.

Lesser people will always be just that...

I didn't say I loathe Christians. I've just said you all act like aholes and are complete hypocrites and continue to act the part even after it is pointed out.

I do loathe soothsaying psychic palmist pastors. They're totally full of crap. And all I did was point out the immense body of LLL's work here. It's very un-Christian. Not to mention the fact that very unlike Christ, you think the poor are poor because they are lazy or stupid, you're against abortion, but could give a **** about the human rights situations inside or outside of this Country regarding already born children.

--and do keep up, when I cast aspersions at you and yours, I'm talking about your views and how backwards you are. When you cast aspersions at me, you do so personally, even lowering yourself to speaking ill of my wife.

How very Christian of you.

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 11:17 AM
Don't blame me for her banging other dudes.

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 11:26 AM
heh

SoonerorLater
1/7/2013, 11:44 AM
I didn't say I loathe Christians. I've just said you all act like aholes and are complete hypocrites and continue to act the part even after it is pointed out.

I do loathe soothsaying psychic palmist pastors. They're totally full of crap. And all I did was point out the immense body of LLL's work here. It's very un-Christian. Not to mention the fact that very unlike Christ, you think the poor are poor because they are lazy or stupid, you're against abortion, but could give a **** about the human rights situations inside or outside of this Country regarding already born children.

--and do keep up, when I cast aspersions at you and yours, I'm talking about your views and how backwards you are. When you cast aspersions at me, you do so personally, even lowering yourself to speaking ill of my wife.

How very Christian of you.

Are you a Christian?

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 11:48 AM
No, we've already covered this, he's an insignificant worm.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 11:56 AM
Are you a Christian?

Despite my urge to simply reply "Are you single?" I'll give you a real response.

Suffice to say, I was a pretty good Catholic until I really started to think about how the Church responded to the child abuse scandals--not that it happened, because that happens in all churches, but how it was covered up, some even with the help of the now Pope, who is supposed to be God's representative on Earth. Clearly, all of that is bull. They are just a bunch of mostly old men in funny clothes, some of them very nice and educated, some of 'em are social-climbing jerks.

As far as my perception about evangelical and mainline Christianity, to the extent that it talks about Christ being the redeemer of man and the son of God, eh.. maybe I can get behind that. The trouble is, I don't see many professed Christians doing much more than professing.

To be honest, I'm very much up in the air about the whole religion thing in general. Considering the unique historical perspective we have today, we can see religion at the base of many of the world's greatest problems and we can also see a lot of its positive influence. And clearly, someone claiming a pastor is able to speak prophecies and do magic? Unless he's a lvl 33 Druid with a +3 staff of prediction, I think not.

Many here brush off things like the Crusades as having not been perpetrated by "real Christians," then they, the really real Christians treat strangers on the internet with utter contempt simply because they disagree on something as simple as the estate tax, then turn around and claim to be the really real Christians and when their behavior is called out, they're very much unapologetic. In fact, as I pointed out, they turned it up a notch. It's kind of nauseating.

So as to the question, I guess the best response is maybe. I'm deciding, but not decided.

rock on sooner
1/7/2013, 11:56 AM
As one of the VERY few remaining left of center posters, I'd like
to weigh in on this "discussion". To Fan and THA in particular,
since you both brought it up, I have shown civility toward you
righties much more often than not, when talking/arguing politics,
so, respectfully, I disagree with your civility points.

I have locked horns with Fan, THA, LLL, 8X, Okie52, Xing, TF,
on and on and only once or twice have I left civility behind, usually
it's late at night and barley pop is involved. I've learned a lot about
right of center politics, oil and gas, banking and several other topics.
Religious beliefs are personal and, as such, I respect everyone's
point of view, even if I don't agree with them. I'm not into personal
insults and normally do not engage with those that do. Having said
that, once in a great while, someone will get under my skin and I'll
respond in kind.

What makes this board so enjoyable is the one uniting factor that
is Sooner Football. Because of that I'll keep visiting and posting.

Have ta say, though, that there are some outrageous arguments
from time to time and I can only shake my head and say "Wow"!
This current one about LLL's post is one...imo.

One more point, Vet is an equal opportunity ballbreaker. He uses
pragmatic, more often than not logical reasoning. Really hard to
figger, since he's a young pup (ta me, at least).:biggrin:

XingTheRubicon
1/7/2013, 12:26 PM
As one of the VERY few remaining left of center posters, I'd like
to weigh in on this "discussion". To Fan and THA in particular,
since you both brought it up, I have shown civility toward you
righties much more often than not, when talking/arguing politics,
so, respectfully, I disagree with your civility points.

I have locked horns with Fan, THA, LLL, 8X, Okie52, Xing, TF,
on and on and only once or twice have I left civility behind, usually
it's late at night and barley pop is involved. I've learned a lot about
right of center politics, oil and gas, banking and several other topics.
Religious beliefs are personal and, as such, I respect everyone's
point of view, even if I don't agree with them. I'm not into personal
insults and normally do not engage with those that do. Having said
that, once in a great while, someone will get under my skin and I'll
respond in kind.

What makes this board so enjoyable is the one uniting factor that
is Sooner Football. Because of that I'll keep visiting and posting.

Have ta say, though, that there are some outrageous arguments
from time to time and I can only shake my head and say "Wow"!
This current one about LLL's post is one...imo.

One more point, Vet is an equal opportunity ballbreaker. He uses
pragmatic, more often than not logical reasoning. Really hard to
figger, since he's a young pup (ta me, at least).:biggrin:

I know you do, as you should. It's one of the first things taught at people school.

TitoMorelli
1/7/2013, 12:39 PM
It's not just this thread...

I'm talking about how you and yours will stoop to name calling and personal attacks when discussing things like the estate tax. I rarely respond to such attacks, but am almost never the one to start things.

It's folks like you and yours who seem to be unable to be greatly offended that other people are of a different mind about some things. You've run off a lot of really good posters with your awful attitudes towards people. When you turn around and say you take your faith seriously, I have myself a little chuckle. You sure as hell don't act the part.

So now we're into the "you and yours" language. I've probably been less volatile towards you than many on here have. AAMOF I've pretty much ignored most of what you've posted over the past month or so. I guess you don't differentiate between different conservative-leaning posters, do you? Do "we" all look alike to you, too?

And no, it's not just this thread. I know that you catch flak on a routine basis on this forum, and it may not all be deserved.

But you've worked awfully hard, imo, to earn the kind of reputation on here that will draw knee-jerk responses from other regulars who've come to expect you to fuel the fires.

And this particular thread is one in which you easily could have left well enough alone. You wouldn't be catching hell on here if you'd had enough courage and class just once on this forum to let it go. Instead you chose a thread in which if anyone, the OP pointed fingers at those who think along the same lines as him, to go into attack-mode.

TitoMorelli
1/7/2013, 12:44 PM
Rock, you (and SJS and DD and others, imo) have shown class (and amazing self-control) in dealing with me and the conservative horde on here. It's appreciated.

lexsooner
1/7/2013, 01:10 PM
The greatest moves of Christianity have occurred without christians being involved in government in the world's history but yet we find it important to make our beliefs law and force even more people away because you can't legislate love, which is the foundation of who our God is. we would rather be right than love people.

So true. People don't give enough credit to the wisdom of our founding fathers who drafted the Establishment Clause to the First Amendment. These Christian men saw the effects of organized religion and government being intertwined in Europe. Hundreds of years later, religion thrives in the United States, while much of Europe is largely secular and few are involved in organized religion.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/7/2013, 01:26 PM
Rock, you (and SJS and DD and others, imo) have shown class (and amazing self-control) in dealing with me and the conservative horde on here. It's appreciated.

de nada.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/7/2013, 01:29 PM
So, are we going to get together and sing Kum-Bay-Yah at the end of this?

KantoSooner
1/7/2013, 01:35 PM
LLL, hope the business goes well and that your back stops hurting.

So long as I'm free to make up my own mind and worship, or not, as I see fit (and that includes the continual, it seems, efforts to make religious doctrine into law so as to enforce 'goodness' on us ungodly folk), I've got zero problem with you doing so as well.

Let me tell you a short parable.
When I was a kid, my family lived in Lagos, Nigeria. It was, in many ways, a throw-back existance. We had what would seem a large number of people working around our house. And we also had no running water, no flush toilets, no electricity, no phones, no grocery stores nearby etc etc. So there was a lot of work to be done around the place. And without all that other stuff, you got close with the folks living in and around your house.

Our 'Steward' (house manager), had a daughter 2 years old. As is tediously the case to this day, children in the tropics tend to suffer malaria more often than adults and more severely. The kid got sick. She got really sick. Like eyes rolling back in her head and convulsions sick. It was during the Biafran Civil War and there wasn't any hospital or doctor to go to. My mom was doing what she could, but that wasn't much.

Finally, the baby was pretty much at death's door. The local egg seller lady, who was pretty much a witch doctor type on the side, was called. She did a bunch of stuff that I won't even describe because it would sound silly. Including sacrificing a chicken to appease the gods.

The kid lived. And thrived and we still get cards and letters from her more than 40 years later.

You make up your mind. Was the voodoo lady responsible for saving the kid's life? I don''t personally think so, but it might be. And, had she died, at least her family would have felt that they'd done all they could for her. Hard not to draw some parallels. Hard not to ask some questions.

So long as people are largely left to make up their own minds, we'll all be better off.

diverdog
1/7/2013, 01:46 PM

Tito back at ya. I do enjoy the debate and I enjoy your post.

In all fairness to Mid he has been unmercily attacked on these boards especially by LLL when it was not called for. The civility shown to Mid has been out of bounds for a while.

IMHO people should just respect other peoples opinions and agree to disagree. There are only 20 or so regular posters on this board and I don't think we will solve the ills of the world.

The one thing that I do think is missing is that LLL's nephew is alive and that is a very good thing no matter how it happened. I think we can all get behind the joy of seeing another child doing well in this world.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 01:49 PM
So now we're into the "you and yours" language. I've probably been less volatile towards you than many on here have.

Sure you have, but you've been volatile and abusive just the same. I'm not casting wild accusations here, I'm pointing out the fact that for a professed Christian, LLL and others, lump yourself in there if you want to do a terrible job representing that particular religion here.

AAMOF I've pretty much ignored most of what you've posted over the past month or so. I guess you don't differentiate between different conservative-leaning posters, do you? Do "we" all look alike to you, too?

There are a few really thoughtful conservative posters here like phil who more often than not voices a legitimate conservative argument rather than a parroting of talk show talking points. There are certainly people here with a cohesive political ideology who make a lot of really intelligent points, you may from time to time be one of them.. nothing comes to mind though.. for the most part though, it's "Mid is a butthole" as a response to a simple observation about taxing and spending policy. It's juvenile. If you want to lump yourself in with that bunch, run tell that. If not, do yo thang. Kanto is pretty decent as well. Maybe watch them and learn that you don't have to tell someone to **** off dip **** just because you happen to disagree with their stance on whether Ceasar Chavez is actually a horrible person.

And no, it's not just this thread. I know that you catch flak on a routine basis on this forum, and it may not all be deserved.

But you've worked awfully hard, imo, to earn the kind of reputation on here that will draw knee-jerk responses from other regulars who've come to expect you to fuel the fires.

Not really. Most of their crap I ignore. I think I only reported someone once when I felt a comment was really over the line, not surprisingly, nothing happened, but for the most part, I don't respond in kind. This thread called for a little different tack when one of the most abusive a-holes on the forum started talking about what a great Christian he was. He's nothing of the sort.

And this particular thread is one in which you easily could have left well enough alone. You wouldn't be catching hell on here if you'd had enough courage and class just once on this forum to let it go. Instead you chose a thread in which if anyone, the OP pointed fingers at those who think along the same lines as him, to go into attack-mode.

The OP is an enormous hypocrite. This is a public forum. If he's going to pretend he's going to act like he does here and then turn around and pretend to be Pauly Piety, then I'm going to comment. And so far, no one is denying the thrust of my accusation, that he actually has behaved very poorly as a matter of routine.

rock on sooner
1/7/2013, 02:12 PM
So, are we going to get together and sing Kum-Bay-Yah at the end of this?

Nah, I can't carry a tune. Tito...goes both ways...

C&CDean
1/7/2013, 03:06 PM
Had a seriously good french dip at How Sweet it Is for lunch today.

TitoMorelli
1/7/2013, 03:07 PM
Sure you have, but you've been volatile and abusive just the same. I'm not casting wild accusations here, I'm pointing out the fact that for a professed Christian, LLL and others, lump yourself in there if you want to do a terrible job representing that particular religion here.

I'm not on here to defend the OP. But yeah, it does raise the hairs on the back of my neck when your hatred for one individual on here leads you not only to trash him on a thread that began in a non-confrontational tone, but to proceed to liken anyone else who dares to share his beliefs to snake-charmers or mindless sycophants.

This thread called for a little different tack when one of the most abusive a-holes on the forum started talking about what a great Christian he was. He's nothing of the sort.

No, it didn't call for a different tack. You made it your business to change the tone of the thread. And now you're blaming the OP and anyone else who dared to call you out for it.

The OP is an enormous hypocrite. This is a public forum. If he's going to pretend he's going to act like he does here and then turn around and pretend to be Pauly Piety, then I'm going to comment. And so far, no one is denying the thrust of my accusation, that he actually has behaved very poorly as a matter of routine.

I've got news for you, bucko. We're all hypocrites. It comes with the territory. And you're just as big a one as those on here you can't stand.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 03:17 PM
I'm not on here to defend the OP. But yeah, it does raise the hairs on the back of my neck when your hatred for one individual on here leads you not only to trash him on a thread that began in a non-confrontational tone, but to proceed to liken anyone else who dares to share his beliefs to snake-charmers or mindless sycophants.

If you believe that your preacher in your random-az church in whatever berg you live in is able to see the future and that's a pretty common thing, I have some land in Florida to sell you, and yes, if they're pretending they have that ability, they're either delusional or after your cash and if you believe him, mindless sycophant... well you said it.

I don't "hate" the guy. I don't even know him. I will be happy to point out how his hateful behavior towards me is very different than the manner in which he portrays himself here. And frankly, when I'm just pointing out that fact: he's been a real charmer elsewhere. Perhaps if he didn't want any sort of negative comment, he could have posted it somewhere other than Obamafest 2012. Threads don't always go the way the OP intended.

Maybe the life lesson here is that he can't go through life treating people uncivilly and expect no one to ever say anything about it.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 03:31 PM
If you believe that your preacher in your random-az church in whatever berg you live in is able to see the future and that's a pretty common thing, I have some land in Florida to sell you, and yes, if they're pretending they have that ability, they're either delusional or after your cash and if you believe him, mindless sycophant... well you said it.

I don't "hate" the guy. I don't even know him. I will be happy to point out how his hateful behavior towards me is very different than the manner in which he portrays himself here. And frankly, when I'm just pointing out that fact: he's been a real charmer elsewhere. Perhaps if he didn't want any sort of negative comment, he could have posted it somewhere other than Obamafest 2012. Threads don't always go the way the OP intended.

Maybe the life lesson here is that he can't go through life treating people uncivilly and expect no one to ever say anything about it.

I think the majority of poster's on here just think you come across as an *** hole...If you can't help it, then ya can't help it.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 03:43 PM
I think the majority of poster's on here just think you come across as an *** hole...If you can't help it, then ya can't help it.

If LLL'd have been able to help it, we wouldn't be having this talk.

C&CDean
1/7/2013, 03:51 PM
Oh fer ****'s sake, c'mon. Geez ****ing Louise. "it's his fault...no it's yours...no it's his...no it's yours...nanny nanny boo boo...no you...no you...waaaahhhhhh"

Y'all are supposed to be grown-assed men.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2013, 04:15 PM
Had a seriously good french dip at How Sweet it Is for lunch today.

I've got a sweet lunch spot for ya..

Bourbon St Sooner
1/7/2013, 04:53 PM
Kum-Bay-Yah, My Lord
Kum-Bay-Yah

Come on, everybody join now!

Soonerjeepman
1/7/2013, 04:54 PM

not in this fight...but I find it humorous that anyone who wants to degrade Christianity does this response about 90% of the time.

It's like they just antagonize to get the opportunity to say this. Well, yes Christ did turn the other cheek...unfortunately not too many of us are perfect like Christ, although we strive to do that.

Good job Mid...ya could have just left it alone.

KantoSooner
1/7/2013, 04:56 PM
Someone's whistling, Lord, Kum bay-Yah

Oh, Lord, Kum Bay-Yah

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 05:24 PM
not in this fight...but I find it humorous that anyone who wants to degrade Christianity does this response about 90% of the time.

Well when someone like LLL claims to be a pious person after talking as much **** to a complete stranger on the internet, I think his post calls for a bit of degradation. And frankly "prophecizing" or whatever is just silly magical thinking. Think to history--the only people out there making prophecies are actual prophets (who may also fall into one of the other two categories) or are crooks/liars or they are truly insane. Which LLL's pastor is? I'm guessing the guy is deluded into thinking he actually sees the future OR he thought telling a newcomer to his church that she was going to lead her family back to Christ was a great way to recruit parishoners. Or maybe he actually can magically see the future. You decide.

I don't just degrade Christianity, there's just not much opportunity for me to degrade other organized religion here, but for the most part it involves a lot of very silly magical thinking. Many of you actually believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and was literally created in 6 days. They literally believe we all descended from Adam and Eve and that we're mortal because Eve listened to a talking snake who told her to eat a magic apple and from that came sin. It's all rather ridiculous if you take it literally, and yes, when a grown man comes to me saying he believes in Santa Clause and then speaks like he's going to get presents, I'm gonna chime in and let him know he really deserves coal.

--and that Santa ain't real.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 05:29 PM
Well when someone like LLL claims to be a pious person after talking as much **** to a complete stranger on the internet, I think his post calls for a bit of degradation. And frankly "prophecizing" or whatever is just silly magical thinking. Think to history--the only people out there making prophecies are actual prophets (who may also fall into one of the other two categories) or are crooks/liars or they are truly insane. Which LLL's pastor is? I'm guessing the guy is deluded into thinking he actually sees the future OR he thought telling a newcomer to his church that she was going to lead her family back to Christ was a great way to recruit parishoners. Or maybe he actually can magically see the future. You decide.

I don't just degrade Christianity, there's just not much opportunity for me to degrade other organized religion here, but for the most part it involves a lot of very silly magical thinking. Many of you actually believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and was literally created in 6 days. They literally believe we all descended from Adam and Eve and that we're mortal because Eve listened to a talking snake who told her to eat a magic apple and from that came sin. It's all rather ridiculous if you take it literally, and yes, when a grown man comes to me saying he believes in Santa Clause and then speaks like he's going to get presents, I'm gonna chime in and let him know he really deserves coal.

okie52
1/7/2013, 05:31 PM

You'd support someone getting coal? Obama & Jill Stein would be disappointed in you.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 05:34 PM
You'd support someone getting coal? Obama & Jill Stein would be disappointed in you.

Actually, I'd support the EPA taking the coal away from Santa because it's got more harmful chemicals than Chinese produced children's toys.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 05:36 PM

Yep, you already said that.

I don't really know why you post here because you've not once had something to say which wasn't completely off topic while at the same time calling me an a-hole. I think the only time you ever post is to say juvenile things to me or making sure my spek stays in the red. I seem to be your whole raison d'etre. Admit it. I complete you.

okie52
1/7/2013, 05:47 PM
Actually, I'd support the EPA taking the coal away from Santa because it's got more harmful chemicals than Chinese produced children's toys.

You'd be better off getting Santa to take away coal from the Chinese.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 05:49 PM
You'd be better off getting Santa to take away coal from the Chinese.

Maybe LLL's pastor who can see the future will tell us whether that'll happen.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 05:57 PM
I seem to be your whole raison d'etre. Admit it. I complete you.Don't ever call me a raison again...and you wouldn't make a pimple on my ***. Also, I'll post whenever and wherever the **** I feel like, unless the mods decide otherwise...You ever get that water behind your ears dried up, I might lay off of ya. Until then...

okie52
1/7/2013, 06:03 PM
Yep, you already said that.

I don't really know why you post here because you've not once had something to say which wasn't completely off topic while at the same time calling me an a-hole. I think the only time you ever post is to say juvenile things to me or making sure my spek stays in the red. I seem to be your whole raison d'etre. Admit it. I complete you.

I've never paid any attention to the speks being red or green but now that you mention it Mid......

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 06:16 PM
Don't ever call me a raison again...and you wouldn't make a pimple on my ***. Also, I'll post whenever and wherever the **** I feel like, unless the mods decide otherwise...You ever get that water behind your ears dried up, I might lay off of ya. Until then...

http://dustinstockton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/internet-tough-guy.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 06:26 PM
http://dustinstockton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/internet-tough-guy.jpg

I didn't know that you were...I'll back off since you look all billy bad *** and ****...

East Coast Bias
1/7/2013, 06:46 PM
I wanted to weigh in on the current Kum-buy-ya going on here. Mid is on-target here about the hypocracy put down by LLL. I remember a thread about the Japanese killed when the A-bomb dropped and he was quick to point out that we should have got the rest of them when we had the chance.
I was raised in a christian family but came to my senses when I did some deeper study. I can say I believe in the teachings of Christ, but don't find much of that in today's Christianity. LLL is definitely an internet tough-guy, not much of what we see of him here reflects Christ-like values....

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 07:27 PM

I aint Christian , Im Heathen. So I dont turn the other cheek Nor do I have to be civil to a Broke down Alatr boy.:topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

rock on sooner
1/7/2013, 07:35 PM
I aint Christian , Im Heathen. So I dont turn the other cheek Nor do I have to be civil to a Broke down Alatr boy.:topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

Now, Vet, on the eve of Bama kickin tha Domers back to South Bend
and Touchdown Jesus' arms dont be logical er kind...tell us all what
yew really think!:cheerful:

Just heard talking heads say Bama...Roll Tide..

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 07:58 PM
Now, Vet, on the eve of Bama kickin tha Domers back to South Bend
and Touchdown Jesus' arms dont be logical er kind...tell us all what
yew really think!:cheerful:

Just heard talking heads say Bama...Roll Tide..

Done said it bro. Matlock came out swingin at LLL for No reason except to antagonize other folk.
Matlock has acted like another Pompous,know it all arsehole like Marfa was. No point in him taking the stance he did from the getgo , He did it for the same reason hes came across as and A-Hole since he started postin here.

He wants to antagonize then say , Who ME? All i was doing was explaining In great detail.

Never really bothered me to call an A-hole an A-hole

hell i was at the hospital today and My Phone rang I have a Boomer Sooner ring tone. any way this 500 lb broad scowled at me and said Does that have to be so LOUD?. I said No Mame , My Turn, Do YOU have to be so ****ing FAT?
She dint say anything when it rang again.:biggrin:

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:08 PM
Truth is, everyone who disagrees with you is an effing ahole, right?

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 08:11 PM

No, just you.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:12 PM
No, just you.

And which self-professed liberals (those which you have not run off) post here regularly and suffer no abuse?

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:14 PM

No, Just the A-Holes
Rock and DD dont hardly ever never agree with me nor I them. They just aint A-holes about how they disagree

See when You went to Law Skool they made you take that one class? Ya remember Jerkarsehole 101

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 08:16 PM
And which self-professed liberals (those which you have not run off) post here regularly and suffer no abuse?

Who me? I haven't run anybody off. Anyone that has left because of the political forum has been on their own accord. Maybe it was just because they realized they couldn't spew a bunch of ignorant **** and get away with it??? Who knows.

rock on sooner
1/7/2013, 08:18 PM
Done said it bro. Matlock came out swingin at LLL for No reason except to antagonize other folk.
Matlock has acted like another Pompous,know it all arsehole like Marfa was. No point in him taking the stance he did from the getgo , He did it for the same reason hes came across as and A-Hole since he started postin here.

He wants to antagonize then say , Who ME? All i was doing was explaining In great detail.

Never really bothered me to call an A-hole an A-hole

hell i was at the hospital today and My Phone rang I have a Boomer Sooner ring tone. any way this 500 lb broad scowled at me and said Does that have to be so LOUD?. I said No Mame , My Turn, Do YOU have to be so ****ing FAT?
She dint say anything when it rang again.:biggrin:

Aw Vet, yer nicer than that, aintcha?

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 08:21 PM

OV will stick a knife in your *** and jump over ya...

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:21 PM
Maybe it was just because they realized they couldn't spew a bunch of ignorant **** and get away with it??? Who knows.

Well that's your stock and trade, so that can't be it.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:22 PM
No, Just the A-Holes
Rock and DD dont hardly ever never agree with me nor I them. They just aint A-holes about how they disagree

See when You went to Law Skool they made you take that one class? Ya remember Jerkarsehole 101

Two.

And everyone else is an ahole.

The world is out to get you.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 08:25 PM
Two.

You're the smartest mother ****er in the world...ain't ya?

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:25 PM

Heh, The fat bitch stated the Question askin game . I just shut her up with My question to her. :biggrin:

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 08:28 PM
You're the smartest mother ****er in the world...ain't ya?

Smarter 'n you at least and that's not sayin' much.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 08:29 PM

You said it.

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:29 PM
Two.

Boy you Just love to drag yerself in the middle of ****
I used those 2 because I felt they were a fair sampling of some of those on the Left That I do get along with, I do read their pots (Because they aint 42 paragraphs long and full of crap)
I never said Everyone else is an A-hole, I did however say you is One Super delux crosstied arsehole tho.

never said a werd neither about the World Or anyone else "Out to get me"

Some one want me?
Come On ive posted my address before even my Phone number . Yup Im skeered of you matlock

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:31 PM

Well we hear ya admit you just a bit smarter than a Turd :succ:

Ton Loc
1/7/2013, 10:27 PM
Lol - this thread was/is awesome. Another fantastic left/right-con/lib-jesus/atheist battle that benefited no one and was more retard on retard crime than anything else.

LLL - if you're still reading this (which I highly doubt) - good luck in your future endeavors. Regardless of the fact that I only agreed with you on Sooner football.

Midtowner
1/7/2013, 10:35 PM
Lol - this thread was/is awesome. Another fantastic left/right-con/lib-jesus/atheist battle that benefited no one and was more retard on retard crime than anything else.

Yeah, reading it, I'm ashamed to be part of it.

Highly agree with your observation.

rock on sooner
1/8/2013, 10:54 AM
OV will stick a knife in your *** and jump over ya...

Probably why most of us always face OV during conversations...:glee:

TitoMorelli
1/8/2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah, reading it, I'm ashamed to be part of it.

Highly agree with your observation.

Part of it? Hell, you're the main turd that caused all the water in this crap-fest thread to start swirling around!

(signed, a fellow turd)

:redface: